PDA

View Full Version : weight gain whilst on hormones

Paula UK
07-04-2005, 11:37 AM
hi girls

can anyone tell me if theyve experienced significant weight gain whils on hormone treatment. i have gained some weight this last few months and was wondering if it was to do with mones etc.

rgds

paula xx

Julie
07-04-2005, 12:11 PM
When you read the side effects of hormones one of them is weight gain. But I know three TSs on HRT right now and one gained nothing and the other two lost. So I guess it depends on your physiology and/or committment to watching your weight. One other factor may be that these girls are happier now and used to use eating as a source of pleasure or to make them forget their unhappiness.

I know when I spend exended periods dressed I don't eat much at all. I'm too busy enjoying life. But when in guy mode, I tend to be unhappy and have used eating to find some pleasure in life.

ChristineRenee
07-04-2005, 01:58 PM
I have experienced some weight gain since I have been on HRT Paula....but I don't think it's largely due to the hormones. Mostly a by-product of the fact that I like my food and drink and don't get enough exercise. I think some has been from the hormones, but I would say overall that it was minimal.

Love,
Chrissie:)

seekertree
07-05-2005, 03:22 AM
Well my Butts like a big wobbly jelly now
Julie

Rachel_740
07-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Paula,

I was warned about weight gain, but (excepting that I have been eating far too much of the wrong thing) I haven't gained any appreciable weight. I have now changed my diet to something a bit more sensible and in the last 2 weeks have lost about half a stone, back to where I was a couple of months ago.

However, my chest HAS gained weight :) . I got rid of my chicken fillets about 2 months ago and the last couple of weeks I've not even worn one of my padded bra's.

I have also put a bit on my hips - I'm measuring myself monthly at the moment.

Anne

MarieTS
07-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Ditto to what Julie said regarding eating. I, too, barely eat when living enfemme. But in drab I pig-out. Must be a guy thing. :(
Thats just another reason to transition! ;)

LeslieGirl
07-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Hi Paula

I used to be on Premarin alone and my weight was 128. A while back I added Provera and my breast filled out and my weight went up to 155. So now, I"m at 155. and also my lower end has filled out. This is my personal experience. Although I do prefer the 128 weight, I don"t mind the 155 since I"ve filled out nicely from the Provera.

katrina armanda
08-04-2005, 05:53 PM
I lost 30 pounds, have smaller shoulders and smaller waist, but larger hips. but it took ten years HRT pre and post -op