PDA

View Full Version : Rachel time...

Rachel M
05-16-2009, 11:52 PM
I havent really been in the mood nor had the time to be Rachel in long while. Well, I finally had the opportunity to have some fun. I dropped my son off at school and I had the day off. Choose Fishing or Dressing? I chose dressing. So, I get started on the make-up. Choice time again, good- go out, bad-stay home. Woo hoo, face came out awesome so my confidence level was boosted for a day time trip out and about. So, I dress in some capris, cami, v-neck tee, and these peep toe wedges I got from payless. Comb out the wig, accessorize, load the purse and out the door.

So I make a 30 min drive to an upscale out door mall. Park the car and begin my shopping/browsing. Strolled through Macy's and Nordstroms as well as some smaller boutiques passing like nobodies business. I work my way into Victorias Secret. I see this attractive woman with child do a massive double take on me that made me feel uncomfortable. I moved to another part of the store thinking I've been read. Well, from around the fixture the woman pops out smiling. Im thinking okay "i'm about to be outed." She smiles again and says to me "oh my, I love your shoes, they are so adorable!" I returned the smile and and thanked her in my best femme voice. Wow, my confidence was now through the roof. From that point I felt as though I was in a hot air balloon way above that "cloud nine." I must have been beaming as I bounced in and out of stores. I can't wait for my next venture.
Rachel

jennCD
05-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Great story, Rachel. I always love hearing about the good aspects of being Out and About. Somehow, it's almost like I can live vicariously through you all without the heartache I know I'd get if I tried it...

:)
jenn

PretzelGirl
05-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Great confidence booster Jenn! Now that calls for another day out. :D

Rachel Morley
05-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi Rachel,

She loved your shoes? I bet that made your day! Having a GG who doesn't even know you complement you must feel wonderful:)

I'm not in the least bit surprised you don't have any trouble passing. You look very femme indeed in all your album pics! :hugs:

Hugs
Rachel
(the other Rachel M) :D

Miranda09
05-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks for sharing Rachel. Sounded like a wonderful experience. :)