PDA

View Full Version : Just Not Passing Very Well

Persephone
05-17-2009, 02:32 AM
My spouse has been wanting some time with "her guy" lately, so I've been upping my en drab time.

Today we went to an outdoor craft faire. I tied my hair in a low ponytail, tossed on a pair of guy's Dockers and a single-pocket drab gray t-shirt, slid a male wallet into my back pocket, clipped my cell phone and camera to my belt , and we were out the door. (Gee, but guys have it easy!).

The police cadet directing traffic into the parking lot motioned our car forward, glanced at me and said, "Take the first lane to the left, Ma'm."

At one of the booths there was a couple selling their CD's. We listened for a while, and I really liked their music. So I picked up a couple of CD's, took my wallet out of my back pocket, took out my credit card and handed it to the guy.

He looked at the male name on the card, looked back at me, and said, "Are you related to him?"

This passing as a guy thing may be harder than I thought!

Shikyo
05-17-2009, 04:32 AM
I know exactly how you feel.

I had to go do to some business at an office for my wife, so that she was actually registered as living in this country. I had no chance as to look "male", so I did my best.

We walked into the office, explained the situation and she took out the right application and started filling it in while asking me the questions in Finnish. It kept going on nicely like that until, she asked my wife in English, "Are you married?" at that point we said at the same time, "We're married to each other" while pointing our fingers at each other. This shocked the officer so badly that it took about a minute or longer until she could get the next question out of her mouth, which just lead to another shock, "Do you have a marriage certificate with you?" I answered back, "I do, but we got married in Finland, so you don't need it".
Even after all this I'm sure she thought I was a girl, I guess it did not help that I just had changed my name to a feminine one few seconds earlier at the same office. For the rest of the time she looked strangely at me, and the speed of the questions had also slowed down.

Christina Horton
05-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Well I think you girls are very lucky. In drab I look nothing like a women. As a women I look nothing like a women. Well that a little fib. I do look ok I don't pass but if you not looking hard and it's just a quick look I pass fine BUT. if you look at me for 2 seconds you will read me. DO I care yes and no.

If you have to try to pass as a guy, then your bitch I hate you. LOL.:D Just kidding. I love that you have that prob. I just wish I had it myself.

Good luck at trying to be a Female to Male crossdresser, Your going to need it.

LOL LOL LOL :laughing::lol2::rofl::w00t:

Jessica Who
05-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Oh my goodness, that's insane. I would never think of something like that happening, does it make you feel good when that happens?

Shikyo
05-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Oh my goodness, that's insane. I would never think of something like that happening, does it make you feel good when that happens?

Can only speak for myself, but yes it feels great.

Miranda09
05-17-2009, 05:11 PM
I know what you mean Persephone. The more I try to pass as a guy, the more I look like a woman. I just don't understand it!!!! :D

Rachel Morley
05-17-2009, 05:15 PM
That's a pretty cool story :) You must have a naturally pretty face, even in boy mode. :) If I put my wig on my boy mode with no makeup at all, I think I look hideous! Having said that, there have been a few times I've been mam'ed in boy mode but they don't tend happen very often. Maybe it was your mannerisums that influenced the person too?

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Well... that's not quite what I was expecting based on the title of the thread. lol

I'm sorry, Persephone. I know how you feel. I've been there myself... not recently, but in my 20's I was mistaken for female from behind several times. Because I was heavily in self-denial about my cding back then, I took great offense to it and it made me really self-conscious.

These days, I LOVE to be mistaken for female. When I'm en femme, anyway. :)

victoriamwilliams1
05-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Very intresting:)

dilane
05-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Hi,

Hmm, female or at least androgynous facial structure, long hair, and I'll bet no trace of beard shadow.

That helps. How is your voice, or had you spoken before the "read"?

Also, are you very tall or big? Or within the "standard" female range?

Inquiring minds want to know (for strictly scientific purposes, of course).

-- Diane

Nicole Erin
05-17-2009, 11:12 PM
If you have to try to pass as a guy, then your bitch I hate you. LOL.:D Just kidding. I love that you have that prob. I just wish I had it myself.

As one gets more and more into their femme personna, then it is like they put off some kind of a female vibe. MAsculine or feminine are vibes that we put off. Everyone freaks out over details about their looks or thinks they have to spend $1,000's on all these surgeries, but you would not believe how much you can change things with little details.

Hell I get read as a guy myself but often at first glance people think I am a woman, and there haqve been times that I have had to explain a few times, in a husky voice, that I am male.

Passing as a woman actually sucks when a guy is in drab, is with his wife and it trying to be testosterony. It makes for an akward time.

Persephone
05-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Hmm, female or at least androgynous facial structure, long hair, and I'll bet no trace of beard shadow.

Long hair back in a low pony tail, as an older person my facial features may suggest female, but hard for me to tell.

Yes, virtually no trace of beard shadow. I've had laser, which got rid of most of my darker beard hair, and when I shave there is very little beard shadow visible. There are a couple of spots, since it is time for my annual "spring cleaning" laser treatment, but probably not enough to read as "beard" on a casual look.

How is your voice, or had you spoken before the "read"?

Right again, I hadn't spoken before the "read." The first time I spoke, in my way too bass voice, was when I answered him when he asked if I was "related."

I'm about 5'8" (about 172.7 cm) tall, maybe a tad shorter. I believe I'm pretty close to the average weight for a woman of my age, but in about the upper 5% in height. The average woman my age is about 4" (10 cm) shorter than I am.

Of course!

shannonsilk
05-18-2009, 10:49 AM
I got ma'amed again yesterday myself. I was surprised.

Hi,

I don't think I have anything but a male facial structure, but I don't know. I do have long hair and earrings. I had not shaved, though a lot of my facial hair is gray.

That helps. How is your voice, or had you spoken before the "read"?
I had spoken and I don't think my usual voice is especially female.

I am definitely in the standard female size. I am 5' 4" and thin.

-- Diane[/QUOTE]

Jilmac
05-18-2009, 04:28 PM
I guess some of us can pass as guys better than others. I haven't had enough hair to pull back into a pony tail for the last 25 years so I'm pretty sure that my bald head is certain to give away my maleness. If that isn't enough to do it my baritone voice or perhaps the tatoo of a woman's face on my left forearm are sufficient for me to pass as a guy. Maybe I could cut loose a good old fashioned beer belch. :drink: :tongueout