PDA

View Full Version : How to Leave the House so your Neighbors don't see you dressed

Megan70
05-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Well here it is girls. Short and sweet. I've been doing this for 35 + years if I need, to and find my next door neighbors home with vehicles in the driveway. You can do my method if you have a garage or not even if you have to walk to your car in driveway or street. I'll illustrate the garage route with auoto garage door openerer.
Getting dressed. :
Wear what you want to wear en femme that day for outside but cover the top part with a zip up jacket or windbreaker. The lower part will be below eyelevel.
Take off yourcarefully styled wig and gently put it on the passenger seat. Take off earrinfgs and put them next to it.
Put on sunglasses to cover all eye makeup.
Wear a ball cap if you choose (doesn't matter wig is off anyway)
Open garage door and back out, with hankie or kleenex at you nose as if you are blowing it due to a cold. This hides lipstick on your lips.

Back out, go down the street to a safe deserted lot or spot a short distances away and remove jacket, carefully put on wig and earrings, take off sunglasses and substutute them for large lens female ones and viola... you're on your way and no neighbors are the wiser.:battingeyelashes:

This works so well that a neighbor can be right next to your property line mowing his driveway and he'll never know. just get the manly 'hey buddy" wave.
Try It.:)

Megan

Shikyo
05-17-2009, 07:27 AM
Can't say much to this, but I was wondering: Would it not just be easier to live the lipstick out and do it later on inside the car? It's not like one needs that much to make it look nice, so one could just take all the necessary utilities with you or even live a set inside the car.

It seems like a rather good plan. Will not really work if you don't own a car though. I still prefer being out in the open, but I can understand why some people prefer hiding this.

Megan70
05-17-2009, 08:07 AM
[QUOTE=Shikyo;

It seems like a rather good plan. Will not really work if you don't own a car though. I still prefer being out in the open, but I can understand why some people prefer hiding this.[/QUOTE]
Paranoia, gossip, shunning all the stupid things neighbors can make you feel like. Yes, good idea about lipstick, but if you use liner before it make not be as accurate doing it in the visor mirror.

Sarah 777
05-17-2009, 08:09 AM
On the very odd occasion when I've gone out for a drive whilst dressed, I found the best way to leave the house was under the cover of darkness and at a rapid rate of knots!

:)

Shikyo
05-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Paranoia, gossip, shunning all the stupid things neighbors can make you feel like. Yes, good idea about lipstick, but if you use liner before it make not be as accurate doing it in the visor mirror.

Like I said, I can understand why some people choose not to go out just like that.

I never said one should use the visor mirror, but taking a small mirror that you can stand alone nicely in the car is what I was thinking about. That way you can do all the same things as you could do at home. It's not like you can't use the liner in the car as well, if you have a decent mirror.

cosmolovesph
05-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Get tinted windows (solves almost all of those concerns)

Intertwined
05-17-2009, 09:08 AM
This is a sad statement, I don't like most of my neighbors, so I could careless what the think. I live on a culdesac, there is almost always someone in or near the circle, but, I have noticed, my neighbors are pretty much oblivious, I honestly believe they don't know I CD, and I have walked to my truck in a skirt, high heels and purse, with my neighbors out and don't think they noticed

Edwina
05-17-2009, 09:39 AM
I have decided to ignore the neighbours and just walk out the door to my car. OK I admit to a hightend pulse rate but if they see me there is no way they will recognise the blond that I am as my elderly balding male realty.:D

:love:

Edwina

luvlysublisa4u
05-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Megan, i use this exact same method although as Shikyo suggests, i do put my lipstick on after reapplying my wig. back in the day when i didn't have a garage, i would cover my skirt with a pair of snap-up sweat pants (like the kind basketball players use). Wig, shoes, jewelry and makeup would be in a bag i carried. once in the car, pop a few snaps and the pants fall off, wig and jewelry on, a little lipstick and ta-da, ready to go. i find that the right pair of sunglasses to cover full eye makeup is crucial.

Joy Carter
05-17-2009, 10:15 AM
During the day time, I ware pants and a jacket to cover my top. I then locate a place, where I can put my face on and wig. The last one was at a grocery store parking lot, that was largely empty with no direct access to roads. A night I can do pretty much as I please, as our street lights are far from my driveway.

Elvira
05-17-2009, 10:18 AM
If i were to venture out it would be around midnight (bewitching hour) I'll get into my car and drive aroumd the streets ! The best thing about going out at this time is that everyone except vampires and werewolves are all asleep!

Ruth
05-17-2009, 10:59 AM
I don't have a garage, the car is on the front driveway. My way is to be fully dressed, minus wig, and with loose sweatpants on over my skirt and a loose jacket. The wig and hairbrush, mirror, makeup purse etc. are in a bag.
I don't worry about the makeup being spotted because it's fairly restrained. It helps that I live in a quiet street.
I drive to a nearby pull-off and do the necessary adjustments, including perking up the makeup. I've even done it in a supermarket car park. People are used to the sight of women doing makeup and hair in their cars, and even changing outer clothes, so I don't attract a crowd. Just don't show any flesh.

docrobbysherry
05-17-2009, 11:14 AM
My ONLY time out, a couple of weeks ago.:)

However, I STUPIDLY FORGOT to take:

Some spare drab clothes.
A cell phone.
My wallet with $$ and my ID and/or license.

What if I had been stopped by cops, or had an auto breakdown or accident?:eek:

DON'T LEAVE HOME without 'em!:D

AllieSF
05-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Since my son is now living with me again, I completely dress, base makeup, eye liner, mascara and eyebrow pencil (unless son is home), sometimes my jewelry too, and then put on my baggy pants, man shoes and loose dress shirt and depart. If necessary (especially now with the late setting of the sun), I will wear a baseball cap, which oddly enough I never wear at other times. (Note to self: I need to wear the cap more often to not draw attention to the fact that I am actually wearing one!) When I get to a parking lot nearby, I finish the makeup, lipstick and then put on my wig, remove the baggy man clothes fold it up and put it into a plastic bag. It takes me about 15 minutes depending on how much I have to finish and whether I had put on my jewelry before. My skirts never looks wrinkled and so far it works very well.

Bootsiegalore
05-17-2009, 01:52 PM
My windows are tinted so dark you can not see in...

easy peasy!

Tara

Rachel Morley
05-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Hi megan,

Good tip! I did your method (jacket on top and baseball cap) when I first left the house in daylight as a newbee. Unfortunately we don't use our garage for the car (it's full of junk) so I had to walk a few steps down the driveway. All went well though and there were no problems. :)

These days, I don't care one way or the other. I wear my cutest dresses and heels and openly walk (as femininely as I can) to the car. I do usually wait until the neighbors have gone inside though. So far they haven't mentioned a thing .... none of them have .... and we say "hi" in a friendly way all the time as we/I come home or put out the garbage or whatever. Success builds confidence I guess :)

MissConstrued
05-17-2009, 02:59 PM
You could wear a ghillie suit over your dress. Slowly belly crawl from your back yard out to the street, and if you go slow enough, your neighbors might not notice that large shrubbery moving inexorably toward your car and making off with it. If they do notice, they'll probably think you're some kind of militant, Negro-hating freakazoid terrorist, but at least they won't know you're a crossdresser! Phew!

Me? I couldn't tell you the names of my neighbors, and don't give two shits what they think anyway. It's not like I care what they do, either.

Christina Horton
05-17-2009, 03:38 PM
You could wear a ghillie suit over your dress. Slowly belly crawl from your back yard out to the street, and if you go slow enough, your neighbors might not notice that large shrubbery moving inexorably toward your car and making off with it. If they do notice, they'll probably think you're some kind of militant, Negro-hating freakazoid terrorist, but at least they won't know you're a crossdresser! Phew!

Me? I couldn't tell you the names of my neighbors, and don't give two shits what they think anyway. It's not like I care what they do, either.

:thumbsup::lol::lol2::laughing:

Very funny hun.

I feel very sad that most of you girls have to go through that kind of thing.:sad:

Me I get all dolled up (i live in an apt on the ground floor) and just leave. It I hear someone in the hall say , getting there mail I will walk there and "check" too even If I did it 5 mins ago.LOL.

My heart goes out to all of you who have to hide it . :cry:
But buck up girls one day (only if you really want it bad enough) you to will go out and Like me and some of the other girls Won't care what people think.

PS I and going out to Meet a girl from here today in Like 15 mins, Roberta M
We are meeting at the future shop and then I think we will go shopping and maybe see about getting her a makeover. well see. Ta Ta, girls.

kristinacd55
05-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Slick Megan, very slick! :)

kristinacd55
05-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi megan,

Good tip! I did your method (jacket on top and baseball cap) when I first left the house in daylight as a newbee. Unfortunately we don't use our garage for the car (it's full of junk) so I had to walk a few steps down the driveway. All went well though and there were no problems. :)

These days, I don't care one way or the other. I wear my cutest dresses and heels and openly walk (as femininely as I can) to the car. I do usually wait until the neighbors have gone inside though. So far they haven't mentioned a thing .... none of them have .... and we say "hi" in a friendly way all the time as we/I come home or put out the garbage or whatever. Success builds confidence I guess :)
If you're as pretty as Rachel, why would you care? :)

Kate Simmons
05-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Cloaking device Hon.;):)

Ralph
05-17-2009, 07:00 PM
What if I had been stopped by cops, or had an auto breakdown or accident?:eek:

Got news for you drs, they're not gonna give you time to change clothes before they're at your window and/or asking you to step out of the car "sir... ma'am... whatever".

ralph

Deedee Dupree
05-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Cloaking device Hon.;):)

:lol: Tinted glass windows.

Megan, good tip.

Steffie-Lee
05-17-2009, 07:30 PM
What the neighbors think? I have lived in the same place for over thirty years, and don't even know their names. I guess that is part of the NYC Metro Area culture, that those people next door, or across the street don't know or would even care.:heehee:

Carly D.
05-17-2009, 08:38 PM
I wore a regular t shirt over the top of my dress.. and parachute pants over the bottom part of my dress.. had my regular shoes on and carried everything to the car and left.. got to the access road and changed at the entrance to the freeway.. I like the ones on here that go out dressed and hop in their cars and go.. shows a great amount of guts.. I live in a small town where everyone knows everyones (activities was gonna say sh** but don't think that would fly)...

JoanAz
05-17-2009, 08:42 PM
I just drive out My Neighbor knows of my Hobby, He is the person I did the "Surprise" package at his 90th birthday, his wife is Cool, and has borrowed make-up from me,,,,:hugs:

briannad
05-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Sounds like me going to electrolysis appointments. I wear a hooded zip-up sweatshirt even in the summer just so no one gets a clear view of my saran-wrap covered face. Oh yeah, and sunglasses.

Lorna
05-18-2009, 11:28 AM
It just shows how different we all are and how different our dwellings are. From the moment I step out of my door - front or side - I am visible from about 20 houses, mostly some distance away but close enough to be able to see me. I then have a 30 metre walk down a steep slope to my garage. Emerging onto the lane and before I can enter my garage I might not only meet my neighbours, who are often working in their front garden and I might meet any one of a number of other local friends passing by. I would have nowhere to hide or retreat the method of getting to my car unseen simply isn't workable. Even if I drive my car right up to my side door, which is possible, the location and probability of being seen at some point is very high. After dark in winter might work - but such opportunities are no more than once or twice a year.

I know someone will tell me to "just get on with it"....but that is not an option for me. Good luck to all of you who can escape unnoticed - and to those who don't mind being seen, but it's not me.

Annesah
05-18-2009, 02:39 PM
I just let my neighbors know over a short period of time as we casually met for chit-chat and gossip. Did'nt want them to think some strange woman had bought the house or was about to steal my car. So now, when I go for a walk or a drive they just smile and wave.

Cary
05-18-2009, 02:42 PM
I don't own a wig yet or mastered makeup, so when I go out I'm usally just wearing women's jeans with a male top over bra and panties.

PretzelGirl
05-18-2009, 08:29 PM
For all this sneaking around, it would seem easier to by a smoke generator and stick it in the front yard between the door and the driveway. :heehee:

Sammy777
05-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Run, run very fast.
Get a garage.
Live like a vampire.
If dressed then don't leave the house.
If wanting to go out dressed, get dressed after you leave.
Tell your neighbors your sister was visiting.
Tell your neighbors your friend was visiting.
Tell your neighbors to butt out of your business.

Or if all of those are not to your liking?
Hold your head up and walk out the door, give your neighbors and nice wave and a smile and really leave'em wondering. lol :D

Jenny Brown
05-18-2009, 09:30 PM
This is a sad statement, I don't like most of my neighbors, so I could careless what the think. I live on a culdesac, there is almost always someone in or near the circle, but, I have noticed, my neighbors are pretty much oblivious, I honestly believe they don't know I CD, and I have walked to my truck in a skirt, high heels and purse, with my neighbors out and don't think they noticed
I'm sure they noticed. They either didn't care, were too freaked out, or too polite to say anything.:doh:

Brandiwvr
05-18-2009, 11:42 PM
the most gratification came when i realized that the only one on the entire lane that cared what i looked like WAS ME.
and that was years ago, will not go back to that lie ever again.
My deepest respect for the ones that still are not fully out as you are living your life on your terms RIGHT? lifes to short put on the heels and go.

Kate Lynn
05-19-2009, 01:09 AM
I never leave the house dressed I'm always naked.:eek:

karynspanties
05-19-2009, 11:47 AM
I just pull out of the garage. Who cares what the neighbors think? Not me. I paid for my house (and it's paid for) and I pay my property taxes. I come and go fully enfemme when ever I choose. I also sit out on my patio enfemme. If they have a problem, they can either not look or put up a privacy fence.

linnea
05-19-2009, 04:47 PM
If a person is trying to remain secret about CDing, this can be a big problem. When I want to keep the neighbors out of it, I do what you've described--dress partially (sometimes underdress) and finish the process down the road.

CD Susan
05-19-2009, 05:51 PM
It is unfortunate that some of us have to go to these measures to leave the privacy of our own home to go somewhere dressed the way we want to be. I can relate to this as I was in the same situation at one time. During this time I dared to leave my home only under the cover of darkness. I feel fortunate in that now I live in the country and have the privacy to come and go as I please with no worries. I have only two close neighbors (about 100 yards away) and since they both know I am a cd I do not give a damn what they see or think. Yesterday a cd friend visited me and in the evening we decided to go for a cruise in my 68 Charger which was parked in the driveway next to my house. We got in the car and exited my driveway with absolutely no cares about who seen us! We were both fully dressed and it was daylight out and it felt great to be able to do this. I feel very fortunate to be in this position and wish that all of my sisters here could also be so fortunate. I do realize that everyones situation is different and that it is neccessary to take measures to protect our identity from others who would not understand.

DianneRoberts
05-19-2009, 08:25 PM
There is no car better, never has nor ever will be better than a '68 Charger.

:):):)

Sara Jessica
05-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Don't feel sorry for those of us who cannot stroll out the front door of our homes in girl mode, especially for me. We all have different lives and issues to consider.

I've made reference to my car being my "supergirl changing booth" and that is the way it is. Why? Because with kids I don't need their friends, the community, neighbors, whoever saying crap about how their dad presents. I may not personally care what others think but I have to consider them first and foremost.

It's about respect for one's situation. Advice around here should consider that what fits one doesn't necessarily fit everyone else.

CD Susan
05-20-2009, 07:51 PM
This is to everyone who has read this thread, especially Sara Jessica. I apologize for the post that I entered here yesterday. I know now that I should have worded it differently and I have since edited it so hopefully it is not offending to anyone. If my original post did offend anyone I am very sorry for that as that was not my intention. I was only trying to show how some of us have better home life situations allowing freedom of coming and going than others do. I try to be courteous and respectfull to everyone here and if I failed to do that I am truely sorry.

CD Susan
05-20-2009, 07:57 PM
Thank you Dianne Roberts for stating your views on 68 Chargers. I am very flattered but would like to point out that there are a lot of other muscle cars of all makes that are equally nice.

Chiana
05-20-2009, 09:30 PM
I might have to try this low profile method of going out. I want to go out but I am usually too afraid. I went for a drive for the first time in a long while just the other night. It seems like I always have the worst luck on the rare occasion that I do go out dressed. Honestly, on several occasions, I have had the luck of stepping out just as a neighbor will appear from out of nowhere at 2 o'clock in the morning on a weekday night. I seem to be lucky like that. But the other night, I couldn't resist the urge. I just had to go test-drive a new wig I had just gotten. I boldly and brazenly walked right out to my car sitting in the driveway in front of my house. And I did it with total confidence. Yeah right... OK, I confess, the planets were in line and all of my neighbors were gone. So I am steppin out. Yahoo. I drove the 100 feet or so to the corner and turned right into what seemed like the Nationl Convention of the Fraternal Order of Police. Here I am. nervous as can be and half of the cops in town are parked right at the end of my block. There were patrol cars and cops everywhere. The road was almost completely blocked off. I had to slowly weave my way through all of the cop cars and flashing lights. I was just KNEW one of them was going to step out and stop me. Oh crap.... But I figured it would be better to go ahead than to turn around and go running off in the other direction. How lucky can ya get? Oh did I mention that I also have lots of friends in the local PD. Great. I did get through the traffic jam and then I drove around until I figured they had cleared the area. The drive seemed almost uneventful after that bit of drama.

Seamus_Jameson
05-20-2009, 09:48 PM
I've never had this particular problem, but here's a thought. If you scope out a unisex bathroom in your area (malls often have them, sometimes trendy coffee shops), then you could carry your makeup and girl clothes (neatly folded) into the bathroom in a man bag, change, and take the dude clothes back out to the car. You could even have one of those huge girly shopping bags inside, so that you wouldn't have to be seen carrying the man bag, your jacket, etc.

Sara Jessica
05-20-2009, 10:33 PM
This is to everyone who has read this thread, especially Sara Jessica. I apologize for the post that I entered here yesterday. I know now that I should have worded it differently and I have since edited it so hopefully it is not offending to anyone. If my original post did offend anyone I am very sorry for that as that was not my intention. I was only trying to show how some of us have better home life situations allowing freedom of coming and going than others do. I try to be courteous and respectfull to everyone here and if I failed to do that I am truely sorry.

Susan, no offence taken. It was very sweet of you to change your OP, even though you didn't have to.

There's not a whole lot which pushes my buttons but generalized advice can do it in a heartbeat, especially when an individual's personal situations are not taken into consideration. Take leg shaving for example, I only started doing that year round about a year and a half ago, yet I couldn't recommend it for everyone. One has to look at their own situation in making such potentially "radical" changes in their presentation. Same goes for marching out the front door in girl mode. I'm not likely to do it any time soon, if at all. But even if I could, I cannot see being able to categorically recommend it for everyone.

This is one thing which makes us who we are, the lengths we go to when it comes to our craft in presentation (regardless of our personal motivations in doing so). Whether getting ready at home, in a hotel room, in our car, at some sort of public restroom, or any combination thereof, it can be such a pain!!!

MissConstrued
05-21-2009, 04:23 AM
There's not a whole lot which pushes my buttons but generalized advice can do it in a heartbeat, especially when an individual's personal situations are not taken into consideration.

Given that the giver of advice can hardly be expected to know the unique situation of every member of his audience, and thus cannot be reasonably expected to account for it, it is incumbent upon the reader to decide if said advice applies to him or not. That's a long way of saying that free advice is worth what you pay for it.

Caveat emptor.

PretzelGirl
05-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Given that the giver of advice can hardly be expected to know the unique situation of every member of his audience, and thus cannot be reasonably expected to account for it, it is incumbent upon the reader to decide if said advice applies to him or not. That's a long way of saying that free advice is worth what you pay for it.

Caveat emptor.

Always a good plan for internet posted messages.

It reminds me of many years ago before the internet, there was an international messaging "system" called FidoNet. It's saying was "Don't be annoying and don't be easily annoyed". Good advice for reading/posting on the internet. Written word can be deceiving in that it doesn't always express itself well and can be misinterpreted.

andieRay
05-21-2009, 03:30 PM
when i go out i like to try and go when its dark out, if this cant be done, i just go for it, think my neighbors already have seen me, but not sure. o well

Veronica75
05-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Although my place is visible from many houses, luckily they're all some distance away, and when I use the side door it's about 20 ft. to the sidewalk, but someone would have to be in the exact right 15 ft. of pavement to actually see me, let alone notice me.

The only time I went out from where I live now was at night, and I just parked as close as I could to the house while in drab, loaded up a bag with boy clothes, got dressed, made sure the outdoor lights were not on, then just made to 10 steps to the car as quickly as I could and drove briskly away.

If I go out during the day, I'll have to use a variation on the strategy described in this thread... get mostly dressed, then cover up with sweat pants, coat, sunglasses, baseball cap, complete the look in a parking lot somewhere else. No one would be close enough for long enough to notice my makeup, but I think waiting until I'm eslewhere to put on heels would be smart!

denise413
05-21-2009, 07:09 PM
For those who are hiding it from say their spouse, I can see that being a tricky situation and my best advice is to leave in drab but change in the car or another location (a friend's house for instance who you are out to). Since I live alone my attitude is that I have the right to do what I want and it is nobody else's business. I still get a little nervous when the occasional neighbor (or visitor of theirs) gives a weird stare and I never can tell if it is because I look good or I'm not passing. Regardless, it is not their business. If they ask, I will tell them but if they give me an attitude I will give an appropriate one back. They don't pay my rent and they don't control my life and that is the end of it. Good luck to everyone else. :)

RitaJanelle
05-22-2009, 07:28 PM
I always make sure to take along some cold cream and mascara remover when I go out in case I need to take the make-up off--you never know when your car might stall and you need to get back into male mode in a pinch.

Something I've found handy if you cover up your girl clothes with sweatpants, jackets, etc., when you leave the house are car wash stalls, especially the ones that have doors you can pull down. It's quite easy to switch over from pants to a skirt and put on your wig, etc., in private.

Hope this is helpful...

Dana Lane
05-22-2009, 08:52 PM

OMG...that is wayyy to funny.

KarenS
05-22-2009, 09:58 PM
On the very odd occasion when I've gone out for a drive whilst dressed, I found the best way to leave the house was under the cover of darkness and at a rapid rate of knots!

:)

I agree but, I also employ the techniques Megan talked about. Again for fear of gosipping neighbors.

sissystephanie
05-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Those who have read many of my previous posts know that I never wear a wig. At least not since my dear wife passed away 4 years ago. I am almost bald and what hair I have is cut to 1/4 inch. So when I dress, I am a guy in a skirt or dress!

So what do I do in the situation that this thread is all about? I dress and drive out of my garage. BTW, I am usually wearing lipstick! Sometimes, if the mail person has come, I walk to the end of the driveway to get the mail. I am pretty sure my neighbors have seen me, but I really don't care! In fact, just today as I was leaving in the car, my next door neighbor came out to mow his grass. I stopped and chatted with him for several minutes. He never said a word about the tight top I was wearing that clearly showed my "boobs!" He wasn't close enough to the car to see my short skirt! Fortunately, I, and my wife when she was here, have lived in this house for 26 years and know our neighbors well.

If you want to dress like a lady, then be a lady!!

Samantha43
05-23-2009, 10:08 PM
If it's not dark outside, I have my wife drive and hide in the back seat.

kellycan27
05-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Walk out backwards and they'll think your going in.:heehee:

CindyT
05-24-2009, 02:49 AM
I have a double whammy here, have to get out of the house past a kid and gf PLUS finish dressing on the road! I keep track of the gas stations that have an outside "restroom" where I can stroll in as a guy and out as a woman. works for me!