PDA

View Full Version : Not sure how to take it

Diane Elizabeth
05-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Yesterday at work, A man said "tankyou gentlemen"- turned to see me and continued with "and ma'am". Looked again and apolgized to me since I was in male drab work clothes (dickies pants and flourescent shirt). IThe only thing about me is my hair is 5 inches long and I usually wear it split down the middle. On one hand I was upset and then again I loved it as my inner self rejoiced.

Sigrid Cutie
05-17-2009, 10:17 AM
so i take this doesn't happned often to you, i always get this type of comments.
i get them all the time, and actually i enjoy getting them, and well depending n what i'm wearing some times they apologize if they happend to see i'm not a woman, but must of the time, they don't know, i just smile and say thanks.

gennee
05-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Take it as a compliment. The person corrected himself and he recognized yor feminine side.

Gennee
:)

Miranda09
05-17-2009, 10:20 AM
That's happened to me a few times and I just laugh. The long hair does it every time. :)

Lisa LIckorice
05-17-2009, 10:44 AM
I get that all the time when I'm out with my wife. The long hair will do it for you! It's funny because there have been quite a few times that I've been walking down the street with my hair down and tight jeans on and someone will whistle. Every time I turn around it's a guy with a look of shock on his face realizing that he is whistling at a guy! :) LOL!

Jessica Who
05-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Hmm, that reminds me of how authority figures love to call a group of guys "ladies" or "girls" when he wants to call them to action

Dressing Jill
05-17-2009, 05:12 PM
I had hair down to my belt until Nov 08. Now I have a shaved head like all the other skin heads in east Texas.

However men would do that to me quite often. I would also reply thank you and would you like to go out. That would turn it (there smart asse remark) on to them. LOL..... I am also very muscular so they would always back off quickly.LOL....

It is so wonderful to put a dumb $#$#$# in his place.LOL... I enjoyed that a lot.

Karren H
05-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Pesronally I'd have fun with that!! Maybe a little curtsie and a "ohh your just saying that". Lol.

5150 Girl
05-17-2009, 10:12 PM
I've gotten more than my fair share of "Mam's" even while drab. And while they may be slightly embarased, I love being called mam.

Gennifer
05-17-2009, 10:14 PM
I think Karen is right on! It's play time!

Diane Elizabeth
05-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Thanks for all the comments. I really appreciate them. I took the comments and smiled to myself, wishing I was dressed and got it. I was also relieved that my coworkers didn't hear it or I would have been lambasted by them.

Nicole Erin
05-17-2009, 11:35 PM
It is nice to be called by a femme pronoun, even if the person is trying to be smart ass.

Pesronally I'd have fun with that!! Maybe a little curtsie and a "ohh your just saying that". Lol.
Seeing that in person is not necessary, I can clearly imagine you doing that :heehee:

Lisa Golightly
05-18-2009, 12:22 AM
I remember once I was at a restaurant with my girlfriend of the time suited and booted in a black double breasted, black shirt, and black tie with dragon motif. I even had really short hair, and the waiter still persisted in calling me Miss the whole evening. Of course Jenny, the girlfriend, was in hysetrics... 'He thinks we're lesbians!' she giggled. I don't know what he thought but I was pretty fed up... never said anything to him though because I'm too shy... :o

CD Susan
05-19-2009, 06:34 PM
I have been Mamm'ed only once and it was a great feeling. Can't wait for it to happen again.