PDA

View Full Version : Why do some of you (Not) put a pic of your fem-self as your Avatar, or post pics?

Christina Horton
05-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi

Ok I have a good idea why , just some of you (me to sometimes) are way to tough on yourselves. Like GGs round the world.

Is it cuz

1) you don't want people you know seeing you.
..........If they see you on this web site guess what, they have a secret to.:doh:

2) Your paranoid that the world will know you dress.
..........I seriously doubt the world Care's to much.

3)Your afraid your wife or SO will see and dump you.
..........That is one reason I can see to not to.

4)Your afraid that work will some how find out and you get fired.
..........That to is a good reason.

5) insert your own reason here!

We all have out own reason's for posting but I after reading a post asking why do you post your pics, got me thinking why would you not.
You noticed how many times I used the word (AFRAID) I think we all worry way to much about what people think about this.

It's like you buy a new car say a Corvette :D,:heehee: You start see them all over the place or you get a hybrid you see them more now that your thinking about them Becouse you have the very thing yourself.

It's mostly in our heads , we think just cuz we are dressed as a women that everybody will see and stand on there soap box and spout a bunch of :rulez: at you.

then there are those girls here whom have a pic of there softer side that you can't see there face or do something to hide there face.

Are they braver then those whom don't post pics, or is there still another reason all together.

Now please don't think I am picking on any one , Just being on this site it the right move , just I was wondering a simple WHY.

After all the dumbest question is the one not asked EH.

With all my Love to all , HUGGS :hugs: :canada:

GaleWarning
05-17-2009, 02:53 PM
I have a picture, which I am thinking about using as an avatar. Just don't think it's that important. My life is simple and I like to keep it that way. So no avatar so far.

Xenia
05-17-2009, 03:04 PM
For me, there's a pretty simple reason: I don't have any pictures to post!

Sad, isn't it?

It's been several years since I've really dressed fully, and since "the big purge" a few years back (when I first moved in with my now-wife but before I came out to her) claimed my wigs and some really cute outfits, I don't have all the accoutrements I'd need to pull off a look worth photographing.

But, hey, now that I'm part of a community where it's my relative lack of dressing that makes me the oddball....I'll work on it. :)

O2B Barbara
05-17-2009, 03:10 PM
5 wins the cupie doll. I have no pictures, I am to hard on myself and feel I would make a not so attractive girl and I need to loose a lot of weight along with a mustache.

Beyond that all is ok.

CharleneT
05-17-2009, 03:22 PM
I do put pictures of myself here, both in threads and my avatar. But many people here are trying to remain in secret. Since some of the forums are accessible to anyone on the internet ( both directly and via searches **), there are good reasons why folks might not want to show themselves. I think there are a lot of shy people too :2c:

Charlene

** try running a search on your user name for example.

kristinacd55
05-17-2009, 03:33 PM
People have their reasons, which would be totally understandable, some of which are already posted on this thread. :hugs:

Joni Marie Cruz
05-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi Christina-

I think it's mind over matter. I don't mind, so it doesn't matter. At least that's how it works for me. My SO knows, my family knows, my friends know...that doesn't leave a whole bunch of people who's opinions would really give me pause.

But I absolutely do understand how it is for a lot of girls, everyone's circumstances are unique and only they can decide how far they want to go or how "out" they want to be. Once you post a pic to the net, anyone can see it and it can wind up anywhere. While I look way different as my girlself (thank the Goddess for that!) there is always the chance of being recognized and for some, even if their family knows, being outed at work, as just one example, could be very difficult if not devastating for them.

Still, it would be kind of nice if more girls pasted up some pix, I think it's great to have a face to put a name to. So to those girls who do, thanks. And thank you, Christina, for some interesting threads.

Hugs...Joni Marie

Krista1985
05-17-2009, 03:42 PM
..........If they see you on this web site guess what, they have a secret to.

I can identify with this reason, sure this is part of it. Privacy is important to me.

Kind of, I just don't want it to limit my opportunities with career or neighborly relations. It's probably in my head but the shoe fits.

Not a concern as I am single, and I'd be upfront with any prospective SO's. Everything I have read seems to indicate this is a wise, though difficult policy.

Yes there is that too. I think laws would prevent that from occurring, but who knows?

I look horrible because I don't have everything I need to look convincing. No wig, no make-up and no styling threads is a serious handicap. Modesty prevents me from offering up any photos. I am a CD white-belt, so I need to rank up a bit (maybe to brown belt or black belt) before I go showing off.

Jenny Brown
05-17-2009, 03:46 PM
I would post my pic as my avatar, but I don't want to be responsible for people losing their lunch...:eek:

az_azeel
05-17-2009, 04:10 PM
I like my avatar the way it is.. i have a pic in my profile of the real me.. thats good enough for me...

Carola
05-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Even if people who knows me get in this site and then they have an own secret, i will be in a diminished position because they would know mine and i would not be aware of it with all the consecuences that it involved.
That's why i don't agree with the first answer posted at the begining and i wouldn't show my face.

Miranda09
05-17-2009, 04:33 PM
I guess privacy would be a great concern if someone I know should recognize me here. But then again, what are the odds of someone looking at this site that I know anyway. If you look on dating sites, those who don't show an avatar for fear of recgonition is very common. Since the internet is so big, and this aspect of it so small, the odds are in my favor, hence I have an avatar, and believe me, I have as much to risk as anyone. If someone should happen to see my avatar that I know and call me on it, I could always just deny it. People tell me I look like Tom Petty, but that doesn't mean I'm giving concerts around the world and making millions!! :)

PretzelGirl
05-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Let's start with everyone on this site is different and has different reasons for doing things. Some are all out, some aren't out at all, and then there are various levels in-between.

..........If they see you on this web site guess what, they have a secret to.:doh:

Not entirely. This group that you posted in is open to the internet and isn't private. So it is indexed on search engines like Google. Now why would anyone happen to search something that brings them here? Yea, not real likely. But anything can happen and this particular forum has less security than some of the others that require logging in and that can impact some people.

Depends on your part of the world. You have a pretty casual approach. What if someone is a big name in there community? What if their family and friends are very conservative? They may choose to stay super low key to preserve those relationships. And paranoid tends to have a negative connotation. A lot of people's concerns are quite real.

Very true for some. Expand that to other family members and friends.

I agree. And someone said there are laws against that. True, but that doesn't have to be the reason they get rid of you, they can just come up with something else. One of the really messed up things about our work environment (and I am in the US for reference).

Just getting started can cause uneasy nerves over looks. Some of the knockouts here probably were real shy and careful when they started out.

The big thing is that no matter how much we (figuratively) say that we need to go out and represent CDs, it isn't an easy thing for some given their circumstances. And I don't blame those that don't (especially since I am one :-D ). It is a very difficult thing to throw yourself in the line of fire. Some don't let other's opinions bother them as a rule of thumb. But others aren't wired that way and take things more personally. Again, we are all different.

docrobbysherry
05-17-2009, 04:52 PM
On other CD sites, many don't post their faces. Instead, they're allowed to post their favorite crotch or butt shot!!:doh: Gross!!:thumbsdn: Gag!:brolleyes:

Kate Simmons
05-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Well I do but soon get tired of looking at my own "puss' so now I put up different pics and themes for my avatars. Breaks up the monotony a little.:heehee:

Dressing Jill
05-17-2009, 05:00 PM
I can't figure out the photo up load. I have a photo program on my computer I paid a lot of money the progam and I can not access it here.

Maybe you are looking for someone to attack??????????????

Miranda09
05-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Jill, to post an avatar photo you must be sure that the size of the photo (it's dimensions) are within the parameters of 150x150 pixels. If it's bigger than that, it wont post. What photo program do you have?

mklinden2010
05-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Why don't I post a picture?

Simply not something I have any interest in... I know what I look like - I see me everyday. Ditto for my friends and family.

I don't care much one way or the other about posting a picture, but surely if I put up a picture someone will offer an opinion and time and effort will be wasted on chit-chat. Then there's the "competition" aspect: "You look better - I look better. Your other picture was better..." Just to note a few reasons...

Who cares? Not me.

Long story short, "If it's a bother, why bother?"

Gina_G
05-17-2009, 05:21 PM
You noticed how many times I used the word (AFRAID) I think we all worry way to much about what people think about this.

It's mostly in our heads , we think just cuz we are dressed as a women that everybody will see and stand on there soap box and spout a bunch of :rulez: at you.

:

Christina, I think you are a bit naive. Or maybe Canada is just a lot more liberal than some parts of America. Yes I am afraid and here's why. In Oklahoma, the state I live in, it is dangerous to be different in any way. And I would face various levels of harassment from neighbors, coworkers and friends.

I might lose my job but probably wouldn't as my skills are pretty hard to replace. But I might not pass the next security clearance and would then be fired.

So I choose to be careful in what I post and don't put up a photo. You need to keep in mind that the rules are different in other parts of the world than what you are used to.

I also realize how lucky I am to have the Internet which allows a forum like this to exist. In Oklahoma I could never find like minded people to get advice and help on crossdressing from.

Nicki B
05-17-2009, 05:25 PM
So in the end, the main answer is paranoia. Like so many answers on this site, alas!

I think, for some, the main answer is they don't like the picture they take - they don't see the person they want to be? :strugglin

It's about time I changed my avatar, I think - the days of Cap'n Lex and his pirates are no more (which was the reason for mine).

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Different strokes.

I prefer to know the face of those with whom I communicate, but it's no biggie when I don't.

I don't mean anything bad by this, but I do tend to think of people who hide their faces on purpose or don't show their face for whatever reason as people who fear they they'll be seen as ugly by others. That's always the first place my mind goes, anyway. But that first thing I mentioned is really the best reason that everyone does not post personal photos of themselves.

I think a lot of people are also trying to hide facial hair. For many, crossdressing is just about the clothes rather than full female appearance. I respect everyone's personal choices in expression, but to be completely honest - the image of a crossdresser with facial hair does look rather odd to me. Perhaps that is because my personal taste in cding is the ultra-feminine look. I most certainly would NOT post a photo of my face here if it contained facial hair (at least not a femme image). Again, I respect everyone's personal choices in appearance regardless.

Sherry-Stephanie
05-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Well when dressed I think I cahnge enough that no one would recognize the male verses the female in me....

In addition, if they're looking around in this forum it's not because they're trying to find out the scoop on someone...it's because they've got some interest in the general theme in this forum...

Plus I like for people to know what i look like when they talk to me....I think I can be at that open to someone...show them what I'm looking like....

TJ Tresa
05-17-2009, 06:06 PM
it is not so much as I'm affraid as much as it is I don't know how. My wife is the picture person for the internet. She does all the digital stuff. She has tried to show me but I just haven't crasped it yet. That I have not taken any pictures of me enfemme. I really enjoy wearing women's clothing, everything from foundation out. I ussually wear more girly stuff than my wife does. But have never had the urge nor saw the need to take a picture. However I might consider it now that you have caused me to think about it. thank you have a good day.

LisaM
05-17-2009, 06:08 PM
It's simple--I don't have a picture. When I do then I will post it.

vjaducd
05-17-2009, 06:12 PM
It is feminine fentasy in all of us & to expose our self in open among our community fearlessly . After all feminine sexuality is more in we people rather then male. It would have been better to have seperate c.d. fem island on free zone of earth for us to hang around peacefully
vjaducd. from india:hugs::love::thumbsup:

jennCD
05-17-2009, 06:13 PM
5) I used to periodically post photos that I thought represented me at my best in my avatar, as well as posting photos in the Pictures and Video section because I felt the risk was minimal since I am only out to my wife as being TG.

However, after recently finding a number of photos of other member here being posted on the Usenet by admirers who appear to 'collect' pictures to share, I had to rethink my issues with security and removed almost all out of concern. Hence my first ever Jenn "lips" photo has returned as my avatar.

Keely
05-17-2009, 06:21 PM
I like to see other peoples pictures as avatars or otherwise so I post mine. I think it adds to the experience to see what others look like.

Veronica Lacey
05-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi Christina...

I am a camera shy indivudal who has never really cared for posting personal photos that show me up close whether it be online, in albums or framed around the house. While I may post a few images in the future that display some of my clothing tastes they will never include the face. Just not my nature. :)

Miranda09
05-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Referring to JennCD's post, maybe this site should consider photo protection from anyone wishing to copy it. The only way to get a copy would be to ask directly of the owner of the pic. Is this a possibility?

StevieTV
05-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Haven't had time to fiddle with it. I'm surprised I have the one I do. Eventually it will get there.

anDrea F
05-17-2009, 06:48 PM
You wish to share or not I supose.It can also be a bit tricky resizing etc. if youre not to clued up as im not. Its up to the individual at the end of the day but i think it helps brighten up the forum.:battingeyelashes:

Billijo49504
05-17-2009, 06:53 PM
I used to have a different picture every month or so. But someone told me they didn't think the picture was very good, so I took it down. And they were on a different computer now, so I don't have all of them available....BJ

Orlee
05-17-2009, 06:58 PM
You really shouldn't end your post with the letters BJ, Billijo ;)

Sorry, kinky mind here.

Anyway, I love watching pics in avatars, everybody should do it.

Karren H
05-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Why does anyone care what people use for an avatar? Here and the makeup forums I use Karrens photo.. ohhh and the blackberry forum. On the truck forums I use a cute MAC Hello Kitty avatar.. On the Toyota forum I can't even rememvber what I use.. But avatars just aren't that important..

Diane Elizabeth
05-17-2009, 08:02 PM
I don't have a pic of Dylen to put up. That also would be assuming that I can figure out how to do that. I do not have a camera and I am not about to ask my family to take a pic of me. So for me it is - I will as soon as I get one taken of me to share.

Carly D.
05-17-2009, 08:26 PM
My avatar doesn't show my face that much right now.. I'm not comfortable with things.. that might sound strange because I have a picture of both of us (me and Carly next to each other) but as for my avatar that might change shortly.. I don't think anyone from my family visits here.. the reason I know this is that picture of me and my fem self has a huge identifier on my shirt.. anyway that's that then.. pizza time...

Gabriela
05-17-2009, 08:33 PM
I don't dress much, because my wife doesn't accept it too well, so I never did put some make up, and I don't have a wig, and my hair is too short, once it hasn't grown back yet since chemotherapy, so I have no pictures of my face, and I like the avatar I'm using...

AKAMichelle
05-17-2009, 09:23 PM
My reason is simple. I am very careful to post pictures of myself enfemme due to my company and potential client loss. Although I have to say that I am getting more and more where I could care less what they think.

AllieSF
05-17-2009, 09:33 PM
I don't post a pic for my own privacy. If I plan to meet someone then maybe I will send a pic to them. I have seen a pic of a girl here that was stolen from this site and used in a Craigs List Casual Encounters post by someone else. So, the "1) you don't want people you know seeing you. ..........If they see you on this web site guess what, they have a secret to." doesn't have need to involve the person who visited the site and steals a pic or more for their own use, good or bad.

If you want more reasons, pros and cons, do a search of past threads, as this topic has come up several times before with all the same answers.

<3 Keri Lynn <3
05-17-2009, 09:39 PM
My reason is simple, I dont like my face and I dont want to post a picture of it till I lose almost 60 more pounds, get better at makeup and making my hair look better :p

*Hugs*Kisses*

Lisa Catherine
05-17-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm still in the military somewhere, and the wrong person finding my pic en femme would be a DEATH SENTENCE for my military career, a dilemna more than a few of us on this site have, hon!!:love::hugs::2c: My avatar represents the woman I'd love to be, and my femme self in mind at least, and if I could make myself look like that, I'd "go full-time!!

Terrihoney
05-17-2009, 09:50 PM
For myself, very simple. I don't have the time or patience to do the download thing. I'm not adept at this 'puter thingy

Hugs, Terri

PrettyFlowingGown
05-17-2009, 10:01 PM
I can choose between 5 photos as my avator, but at the moment its the 2 ladies in those simply beautiful prom gowns. I could'nt resist using that as my avator, plus I've got my own photo as my signature photo lying on the bed.

I'm getting some new glamor shots done on may 28th too, so I'll have some new photos to show then.

Im proud of who i am, and love people seeing me.

LACD
05-17-2009, 10:05 PM
:love::love:Simple, I still have facial hair Dear Wife doesn't want me to remove. I would love to dress and take pictures, but I'm not ready yet. Sometimes I think I will never b there, then other times I want to go out in the world as a woman. Life is fleeting and I' not getting younger, so I'm thinking soon it will be happening. Dear Wife is supportive to a point, but I don't know how she will handle big ole me out in the world. I guess I will have to live dissapointed for a long time. Not asking for sympathy, just wanting to be me. I guess with family and work, it's just not feasible for me to be me. Sorry to bore all with long post, but that's how it is. Hope everybody is doing well.
Love to all,
LACD(Louisiana CD)

erica12b
05-17-2009, 10:50 PM
i just cut my head off, but for here i just looked in the mirror and let the flash do its stuff lol it all just me lol

CD Susan
05-17-2009, 11:35 PM
I used to worry about this "being recognized" thing but outgrew that after being on this site for about a month and that was about a year ago. I just do not care who finds out or knows that I am a cd any more. I am fortunate in that nothing in my life would change if anyone I know would happen to see a picture of me dressed as my fem self and recognize me. This is such a great feeling and I feel sorry for those that are not in this position.

Christina Horton
05-18-2009, 01:18 AM
People tell me I look like Tom Petty, but that doesn't mean I'm giving concerts around the world and making millions!! :)

Well I would say Tomasina Petty. You look cute hun.

On other CD sites, many don't post their faces. Instead, they're allowed to post their favorite crotch or butt shot!!:doh: Gross!!:thumbsdn: Gag!:brolleyes:

Ya i agree yuck.gross as Hell.

Christina, I think you are a bit naive. Or maybe Canada is just a lot more liberal than some parts of America. Yes I am afraid and here's why. In Oklahoma, the state I live in, it is dangerous to be different in any way. And I would face various levels of harassment from neighbors, coworkers and friends.

I would not say I am Naive. I drive all over Canada and that States , I wear long acrylic nails painted all sorts of colors and no one tease me. And were talking truck driver ,Construction workers, factory workers, Office workers,macanics,e.t.c all never say anything. Just the people I know well will tease me but all in good fun cuz I hit them right back.

Why does anyone care what people use for an avatar? Here and the makeup forums I use Karen's photo.. ohhh and the blackberry forum. On the truck forums I use a cute MAC Hello Kitty avatar.. On the Toyota forum I can't even remember what I use.. But avatars just aren't that important..

You should post your girly avatar on all of them cuz your so dam cute..... And I hate that ......bitch.

LOL. ya got to love Karren girls.

Loveday
05-18-2009, 01:47 AM
Its number four for me. I only have a few years to go before early retirement.

crusadergirl
05-18-2009, 02:19 AM
I post my pics on here and i'm not worried if someone finds out what can they do laugh at me.
I know i look funny but so what.
And if i lose my job not really that big of a deal till it happens.

Ballerina
05-18-2009, 02:23 AM
5) Don't have any fem clothing right now, lol

Stormgirl
05-18-2009, 02:39 AM

The only pictures of me I have are male pictures(yuck) and besides, I wouldn't want to my hideous complexion to break your monitors. I like my tornado avatar as it is.

RachelDenise
05-18-2009, 04:23 AM
I used to worry about posting a picture/avatar for fear of being recognized. Finally I added an avatra and the world kept spinning. Nobody has said anything to me (except a few of you ladies). I know for me it was a big step. I just jumped in and have had no regrets. Secretly, I kind of wish someone would recognize me....I'd then have someone close to share Rachel with.

sometimes_miss
05-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally I had planned to take a pic of me in the dress seen in my avatar, and use that one. But after nearly having been 'made' on another site, I've reconsidered. I'm not out, and don't plan to be. Putting up a picture of any kind that could identify would be pretty stupid of me. As I don't like to do stupid things, I'm not going to do that just to satisfy other's curiosity of what I look like. I come from an era before widespread video communication; much was done with ham and CB radio, and we got to know each other just fine without any visual aids. For those of you who look great as females and like to show off, wonderful for you, and enjoy it. I know I'll never come remotely close to looking as good as the girl in my avatar, but I can dream, can't I? So in the meantime, I'll pass.

Koka
05-18-2009, 02:08 PM
I want to put my picture but I have to post 10 times before the systems allows me..

Darla in Pa.
05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
If anyone can figure out who I am by my avatar! Good for them :)

Cary
05-18-2009, 02:18 PM
I don't have a camra yet. I have other financial priorities rightnow(food, rent, clothes,shoes, etc.). I plan on getting a camra by the Fall, so look for some pics soon.:)

Tal'Aura
05-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Jolan Tru,

Like many others, I was also afraid of being recognized but after some time I realized there is nothing to worry about, so I decided to set my avatar, pictures etc. To my current knowledge, here is nobody from my country except one inactive member...

Faith_G
05-18-2009, 05:54 PM
#5 - Don't have any pictures to post. I don't have the drive to take pics that a lot of CD's seem to have.

Besides, Kate Beckinsale is way hotter than me. :D

Samantha B L
05-18-2009, 07:01 PM
I have a profile pic and I'll try to have a small album and an avatar pic coming up in a few days if all goes as planned. I've been slow to get into digital cameras and my first digital camera which I bought about a year ago wasn't very versatile. I just might keep the "green eye shadow" avatar for the time being.

missy10
05-18-2009, 07:26 PM
All above true. Mostly to keep the picture from proliferating. Security.

obsessedwithpantyhose
05-18-2009, 07:29 PM
dont know how,,,,
and all my pix r to big and i dont know how to shrink them for this forums format,,,

i had help with my avatar pic,,,

Satin_Lover_13
05-18-2009, 07:31 PM
The ones I am using now are cuter and pleasing to everyones eyes. If I take pics of myself everyone will be :puke::puke::puke:

I do not want to make anyone sick !!!!!!!!!!

diannecourtney
05-18-2009, 10:33 PM
I haven't taken the course to do the process. Any suggestions?

lingerieLiz
05-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Easy, I know what I look like. Real reason, I'm not interested in broadcasting that information. While many people know I wear women's clothes why should I tell the world.

One thing that everyone should be aware of. Several companies and some search engines now have face recognition software which can identify you in either mode. Soooo, soon you will be able to click on a picture and ask who is this or find all pictures of Sally Sue. For some it could be embarrassing.

sadie67
05-18-2009, 10:56 PM
the reason i dont have a pic of myself is simply that i dont have any pics of my self enfemme yet and also i connect to the website using my moble phone :)

Barbara Dugan
05-18-2009, 11:04 PM
everyone has their own reasons on no to post a picture or avatar...I post mine because is one outlet I have to express myself:hugs:

Ellie
05-19-2009, 12:53 AM
For me it used to be the Job issue but I have since moved into independent contracting so now it is not an issue.

Hope
05-19-2009, 01:51 AM
It's relatively easy - there are documents that I am required to agree to or my employment will be terminated - unceremoniously. A part of those documents take a negative view of dressing, or frankly anything sexual at all - which while dressing is not sexual for me - it would be seen that way by my employer.

Additionally, I know one of the girls here IRL, (she does not know that I come here, or that I dress) and I am not sure that I can trust her to not out me. And yes, it is arguable that if she comes here - she has a "secret" too - but she is evolved in employment where she is free to be out - I am not.

So I protect my identity. It's not rocket science.

Michaella
05-19-2009, 10:54 AM
1, 2, 3, and 5: don't have a digital camera and don't know how to post pictures! Someday, maybe . . . .

Michaella

Christina Horton
06-04-2009, 01:24 AM
You know I think if more girls put there pic's out here they would (INHO) be able to make there look much better to the point they could go out and feel more comfortable with it. Just my :2c:

obsessedwithpantyhose
06-04-2009, 01:27 AM
i dont know how to shrink the pic,,dont know how to post pix,,

anna kate
06-04-2009, 10:10 AM
It's my wifes request that I don't put a picture up. A small price to pay for peace and harmony.

Kate Lynn
06-04-2009, 10:49 AM
I have the right to not post a pic,I haven't seen anywhere in the rules/guidelines that a pic is required.

Christina Horton
06-04-2009, 11:32 AM
I have the right to not post a pic,I haven't seen anywhere in the rules/guidelines that a pic is required.

never said you (had) to post I was just wondering why some of the girls here don't. The many different reasons have been very interesting to say the least.

Since they changed the way to upload pic's to your albums I can't figger out how to make a new album either. But I still know how to post Pic's in the threads. That's saying something.

I don't know how to shrink pic's either, But I barely know how to turn my computer on for the Love of Pete woods!

Miranda-E
06-04-2009, 11:38 AM

very good point.
I've known a lot of people on various boards that had an avatar that had nothing to do with the boards subject.

NathalieX66
06-04-2009, 11:40 AM
I think i am going to soon.
FYI, I have peers who are way too internet savvy, and I suspect will find their way around here at some point. Perhaps I'm just overly cautious.

JoAnne Wheeler
06-04-2009, 12:38 PM
In part, because of this thread and the post responses thereto, I decided that JoAnne "had" to display her avatar - which I have just done a day or two ago !

JoAnne Wheeler

Christina Horton
06-04-2009, 12:54 PM
In part, because of this thread and the post responses thereto, I decided that JoAnne "had" to display her avatar - which I have just done a day or two ago !

JoAnne Wheeler

Way To Go Girl.

You look great hun and I am very proud of you dear. well done.

wildjasmine
06-04-2009, 02:54 PM
I don't want to post a pic of my face as im slightly paranoid someone I know could potentially see it. Also don't get alot of time to do the whole makeup thing.
Happy to post pics of my body though.

josephine69
06-04-2009, 03:04 PM
maybe because some of us dont have a picture or at least one they would care to share with anyone else???

kimmy p
06-04-2009, 06:18 PM
#5-I've Googled crossdresser before and avatar's from this sight have popped up. Including my own.
#5A-Their have been picture thieves on this sight who posted their stolen goods on Youtube.

Kate Lynn
06-04-2009, 06:32 PM
I don't want to post a pic of my face as im slightly paranoid someone I know could potentially see it. Also don't get alot of time to do the whole makeup thing.
Happy to post pics of my body though.

I really like the pic you have now,you look just fine.

Jeanna
06-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Is anyone just really shy?

bianncats
06-04-2009, 09:14 PM
way too much hair and my wife would notice if it disappeared.

b

curse within
06-04-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't like this place, but I have friends I like here .. I had a pic on here but I do not wish to be apart of this community any longer.

Nataliebabe
06-04-2009, 10:36 PM
......because I am fat and can`t pass right now.....:sad:

patricia 402
06-04-2009, 10:42 PM
i want to in the worst way but one dont have anybody to take the picture and second dont know how to put it on the site im one of the last of the dinosores sorry but its true and wouldent look as good as everyone else anyway lifes a bitch then you die love patricia:straightface:

lottarosie70
06-04-2009, 10:50 PM
i don't have any pics of myself that i truly like...but i still felt a strong desire to share the best one i had managed to take. i have no fear that anyone will recognize me, since nobody except my gf has seen that particular dress. i do have an outfit or two that people have seen, and would recognize...but if they are here, then they have at least a passing interest in dressing as well, so i don't exactly fear that notion anyway.

Sharon B.
06-05-2009, 06:18 AM
For me it is because I don't have a digital camera.

Tracy_Victoria
06-05-2009, 06:24 AM
I'd rather not see any picture, over a picture of another person that is not the poster, in fact I think if an avitar is a real picture, and not you why post it?

I have no problem with cartoon avitars, even if they are no real refection of the true poster looks, ie we can see there a cartoon and we know the person doesn't looklike that, however a real picture of a real person, as far as i'm concerned should be you.

BLUE ORCHID
06-05-2009, 06:50 AM
I don't post my pix. out of respect for my wife I stay within my boundrys.
The way it is now I have it pretty good.
It's tolerated but it's a don't ask//don't tell thinggie you know how it is.
Don't rock the boat otherwise you may be thrown over board.
.................................................. ..........thanks......ORCHID

Carly D.
06-05-2009, 07:36 PM
"1) you don't want people you know seeing you.
..........If they see you on this web site guess what, they have a secret to."

I've said that about people seeing my picture here.. if they see it and figure out that it is me then guess what?? why were they here in the first place?? hmm???...

Paula TV
06-05-2009, 08:22 PM
If this was a couple of years ago, i wouldn't be showing any photos as i had nothing but now i do, but i still won't put it in my avatar, but i'm relieved i can post photos in forums in the safety, that basically i'm sure nobody that hardly knew me or family would come near, never mind register for a forum like this.

I just keep it off the avatar just incase, as i have no intention of telling my family ever, because it's not something that dominates my life, and if i did, i would have the privacy to do so.

However, things could've been much different if all forums were open to casuals, as i think i would post my photos, but then delete them off the thread, or break the link, when the thread dies or a matter of days, so i feel very secure with the present situation of these forums.

i want to in the worst way but one dont have anybody to take the picture and second dont know how to put it on the site im one of the last of the dinosores sorry but its true and wouldent look as good as everyone else anyway lifes a bitch then you die love patricia:straightface:

Buy a camera with a self-timer!

Robyn2006
06-05-2009, 08:52 PM
I don't know... I have a love/hate thing about my supposed "me" avatar. Of course, it's not me, I just so love this image of Adriana Lima putting on her lipstick. I use it because it says so much about what my (private) femme life is like, what I feel inside and so love about becoming feminine. (I mean really... if lipstick doesn't seal the deal, what does?) But then again I hate it because it's such a lie, and I have no desire to deceive anyone. And yet, the simple truth is that I too, like others have said, have my reasons for keeping it all private - yes, the job thing... the fear of being outed, which would go over like a missile set on complete annihilation.

For those of you that use your own pictures, please know I admire you all so much. You're amazing. But for now, please bear with me and tolerate my little deception... :bonk:

xxxooo,

Robyn

jessiejess112
06-06-2009, 03:50 AM
I actually found this site on a google search and I'm too paranoid that someone I know will also find this site and recognize me. Although in reality they probably wouldn't recognize me with the makeup and all ( but there's still that chance, like I said I'm too paranoid).

I guess other reasons why I crop my face off in my pics are 1) I'm kind of shy, 2) because the site allows it, and 3) other girls here do it :)

Trip_rockcity
06-06-2009, 03:56 AM
I love taking pics of my self en fem~mode.. takes about 100 to get a good one though.. (^^,).. But peoples comments come from the heart.. so if u dont have an avtar it doesnt really bother me..

BarbiB
06-06-2009, 06:36 AM
EVERY thing posted on the internet is OUT THERE (in the public domain) FOREVER. There is no such thing as "Only the people"... in this... "group"... "website"... "clique"... "interest group" etc... Being the only ones to see it.
Maybe today nobody is interested in it.
But someday it could come back to have an adverse effect.
I tend to be a private person in real life as well.
IF I ever met someone who cared enough to know me in real time, I would be happy to reveal myself to them.
In the meanwhile, it's all varying degrees of "cyber existance" for most of us and usually not important enough to be taken that seriously by people who have real lives to live.
I agree with the "Taking the trouble" aspect as well. :drink:

Paula TV
06-06-2009, 07:02 AM
I don't like this place, but I have friends I like here .. I had a pic on here but I do not wish to be apart of this community any longer.

Interesting, what's the problem you have with this place?

Also, i don't fear my photos being stolen, because 9/10 times it'll be somebody you don't know, is just a picture collector, and no matter where they put, no-one i fear finding out will ever look there. But still the permananet marker of an avatar, i don't want myself to be seen by the casuals

curse within
06-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Interesting, what's the problem you have with this place?

Also, i don't fear my photos being stolen, because 9/10 times it'll be somebody you don't know, is just a picture collector, and no matter where they put, no-one i fear finding out will ever look there. But still the permananet marker of an avatar, i don't want myself to be seen by the casuals:eek: Because of the rules I am not allowed to talk about it but it pertains to just as I said I got banned and the only reason givin was get a clue?

girlintraining
06-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Some people get so wrapped up in this. It's like a I'll show you mine if you show me yours. I remember somebody on this forum stating that they don't even look at posts unless they have a picture avatar as if these people were so beneath her. I notice that the poster of this thread has her face hidden, how come? Come on give us the reason. You're so anxious to know about us so tell us about why don't post a full face close up of you. Everyone has reasons for what they do, I just don't understand why anyone wants to know. What will you do with this information? I doubt you will remember the individual responses. My two cents, WHO CARES!

Christina Horton
06-06-2009, 01:44 PM
I notice that the poster of this thread has her face hidden, how come? Come on give us the reason. You're so anxious to know about us so tell us about why don't post a full face close up of you. Everyone has reasons for what they do, I just don't understand why anyone wants to know. What will you do with this information? I doubt you will remember the individual responses. My two cents, WHO CARES!

Hi there . I have my pic like cuz It's a new one I have always since I learned to post pics on the puter have been putting my full face pic on my avatar. Just to prove to you hears my pic. I like Karren like to change pic's. If you looked at my signature you will also see my full face pic. I see you don't notice thing like a women does. LOL . They notice every thing. Ya got to love them for it.
Oh you changed you hair , new tie?,got a tan? etc
The reason I want to know is because I want to know simple.

You also seem to have a negative attitude to a simple question eh , I WONDER WHY?

girlintraining
06-06-2009, 02:59 PM
You are right, I did not see you're photo because I did not read all the way to the bottom. Why? because I didn't want to read why YOU think other people don't post avatars. I get the feeling people ask this question (which has been asked before) to prove that they are superior to the people who do not post real avatars. The I'm not scared why are you question. I do believe you are a women because you are able to ask the same annoying nosy questions that real women ask. I think my real problem is I DON'T CARE! So why did I respond? WOW that's a really good question.

Christina Horton
06-06-2009, 03:35 PM
why YOU think other people don't post avatars. I get the feeling people ask this question (which has been asked before) to prove that they are superior to the people who do not post real avatars. The I'm not scared why are you question.

I never said I thought I was Superior ,Your putting words in my mouth.
I was just wondering why some don't Is that so hare to understand. After all the dumbest question is the one not asked, eh.

I do believe you are a women because you are able to ask the same annoying nosy questions that real women ask. I think my real problem is I DON'T CARE! So why did I respond? WOW that's a really good question.

So your saying that real women are annoying when they ask "nosy questions".
you see I never claimed to "be" a women I just want to be treated like one.

Did I take your last comments out of context like you were putting words in my mouth. You see I have no problem with people disagreeing with me , I just don't like judge mental people like your first comment. Since you did not read the whole thing and then said I don't poet my own pic shows me you don't like to be informed be for you open you "mouth" ,and then stick you foot in it. Next time READ the hole thing then Please give me or others your INFORMED opinion. Your opinion is not wrong just that it's yours.
have A good weekend Hun. Oh and don't take what I said to you to heart after all...
You're so anxious to know about us so tell us about why don't post a full face close up of you.

ChastityInFemme
06-06-2009, 04:25 PM
i haven't posted pics or have my "own" avatar because of a few good reasons:

1.) i'm not out to anyone but myself,

2.) i had an accident in 2006 that left me a C6 Quadriplegic. i'm not comfortable enough to come out because i have to come out to a caregiver and all of my nurses. i have the biggest urge to dress but cannot grow the balls to let everything out. it hurts some but it aggravates me more that i cannot take care of myself. if i just had use of my hands i most likely could do everything i'd need to do to be independent. i pray/hope/wish for a cure for spinal cord injury A LOT. i can live and make do without this cure...but without it, i'll never have privacy or personal stuff, wont be able to dress.

i get really aggravated that i cant do things with friends that would involve staying out late or for extended times because i have to be back home so my caregiver can get me ready for bed...or so i can get catheterized (urinate). it f'in sucks. i cant go drink with friends because i'll have to worry about getting cathed multiple times...or i'll have to have a nurse with me.

i cant go on vacation with being a nurse along because i need to do number 1 and 2.
being a quadriplegic you cant have much independence...you are always tied down for some dumb rediculous reason. it's definitely an unfair injury.

ok...i'm done now:sorry::rant:

msginaadoll
06-06-2009, 05:12 PM
This post made for an intersting read! As said it is your right to post a pic or not post. It just seems sometimes people get angry when a certain question is asked. It is interesting for me to read what people have to say and feel like I get to know them better. I do like seeing a pic because it at least to me gives me a feeling of better connection to the person-almost like Im meeting them even when I am not. i do understand the various reasons given- I am very much closeted, even though I do get out. I guess in my fog I feel and hope no one I know will recognize me.

WandaRae2009
06-06-2009, 07:21 PM
It is an agreement with my wife that I would not publish any pictures to anyone

TxKimberly
06-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Definitely preaching to the choir here. I've even posted my male pictures here in several places. I figure if someone I know sees it, they must here for a reason, and I doubt I have to worry about it!

BillieJoe
06-07-2009, 11:50 AM
I'm not what you'd call computer literate. It took me forever to figure out how to join this forum. I do have pictures but I haven't the faintest idea as to how to post them even though I'd like to. Sorry....

Christina Horton
06-07-2009, 01:36 PM
i haven't posted pics or have my "own" avatar because of a few good reasons:

1.) i'm not out to anyone but myself,

2.) i had an accident in 2006 that left me a C6 Quadriplegic. i'm not comfortable enough to come out because i have to come out to a caregiver and all of my nurses. i have the biggest urge to dress but cannot grow the balls to let everything out. it hurts some but it aggravates me more that i cannot take care of myself. if i just had use of my hands i most likely could do everything i'd need to do to be independent. i pray/hope/wish for a cure for spinal cord injury A LOT. i can live and make do without this cure...but without it, i'll never have privacy or personal stuff, wont be able to dress.

i get really aggravated that i cant do things with friends that would involve staying out late or for extended times because i have to be back home so my caregiver can get me ready for bed...or so i can get catheterized (urinate). it f'in sucks. i cant go drink with friends because i'll have to worry about getting cathed multiple times...or i'll have to have a nurse with me.

i cant go on vacation with being a nurse along because i need to do number 1 and 2.
being a quadriplegic you cant have much independence...you are always tied down for some dumb rediculous reason. it's definitely an unfair injury.

ok...i'm done now:sorry::rant:

Hay It's ok to rant after all most of the girls hear can't dresses for some reason or another. So rants are fine.

Well I hope someday they will be able to fix the prob. Coming out to say,your nurse and all the others who help you would not be a prob. I am sure they would be happy to help you dress. I would be no different then if they were taking care of a women that is a quad. You still need to be true to yourself and just cuz you can't move your arms does not mean you will not be able to dress. Plus think of how much better you would feel if you could dress.

I say tell your nurse and ask if she would help you. She is a pro and would not judge you badly. But that's just my :2c:

sherib
06-08-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm paranoid that my friends and neighbors will know that I dress. But I put my picture on the profile page because I figure it you've gone that far, your one of us.

Tina Dixon
06-08-2009, 01:47 PM
It's each there own if you ask me, but some would rather se my garage door than me :Angry3:

kathrynjanos
06-08-2009, 08:05 PM
I think it's appropriate for me to respond here, based on some other threads. Perhaps in a consolidated place, people will read my answer and remember it.

As I've said before - I am not ready. I don't do well enough with makeup, I can't afford a wig, and my hair isn't long enough yet. One day, when I get made up, and my hair is cooperating, I'll take a couple shots and get the best one. But unlike some people who've so blindly accused me of hiding, I'm smart enough to know when I do or don't present properly.

I USED to not post because I was concerned about people finding out about me from work or some of my family, but recently I've become very open about it, and so far I've not told a single person who's had an adverse reaction. Of course, I have been selective, but still...

Anyway, once my hair grows some more, I might go to a salon and a makeup counter and just go for it, get all done up and get some pictures. We'll see.

Daphne
06-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Questions 1 through 4.:)

IMJenn
06-08-2009, 10:02 PM
As you can see by my avatar and all the pictures in my photo albums, not a single shot is of my face. I've been told by my SO that I pass, and I've passed a few times with people looking me square in the face, so it's not an issue of not being presentable, which is reason some people have stated.

I do not show my face because of fear. It may be an irrational fear, but it is a fear. A simple google image search may provide a link to this page, and someone may recognize me. I realize how ridiculous that is, but when you are 22 years old and living/dependent on your parents, being in the closet is something I must closely guard. Again, it may be irrational, but I'd rather be too safe then loose my little security blanket.

Everyone needs to suck their thumb every now and then.

Rachel B
06-09-2009, 02:27 AM
I think it is a sad state of affairs to have a go at someone just because they dont post a pic of themselves. To then attempt to psychologically analyze why shows a real lack of respect and a certain lack of tolerance.

What all who post pics online need to remember is this. Pics posted online can be accessed by anyone with a bit of skill all over the world. Not a problem for those who dont care, but there are many people who wouldnt want compromising pics (which is what these types of pics are to those who are NOT out to the world!) of themselves in the public domain!

Do a google search, or even better, if you have firefox as your browser install an app called cooliris and search for skirts, make-up etc.....I did this and it threw up pics of transgendered/cd's. Some of whom reside on this forum.

As to the "must have a secret if they are looking here" bit, not necessarily. As noted above, search engines can/do throw up this forum so a person might just stumble upon it. That person tells someone else, and so on. Also, if you log on through a public network, or a work network, the places you visit are logged. So your boss, or the IT dept dealing with the network will know which sites you go to!

All it takes is the wrong person seeing the wrong thing ONCE! Once that cat is out of the bag it can/will meeeeeeooooow as loudly as it can........

Fine if you're okay with it, but NOT if you aint!

Rach

erickka
06-09-2009, 07:07 AM
I'll answer #5. My reason is that I do not own a digital camera or have a working computer at home, so I guess that y'all can call me a technological dinosaur!

Christina Horton
06-09-2009, 09:49 AM
I think it is a sad state of affairs to have a go at someone just because they don't post a pic of themselves. To then attempt to psychologically analyze why shows a real lack of respect and a certain lack of tolerance.

I am not "having a go" plus I do not disrespect the girls here whom do not want to post a pic of themselves. I am simply curious of the many different reason for the girls to not to. I am not computer savy ,so I don't know all the ways a person can find someone. So thank you to all the girls whom have enlightened me.THANK YOU.

I personally could care less who finds my pics and don't care what they do with it. Unless they use it to make money , in witch case I want my share of the money.LOL. But that's me.

Thank you all for sharing with me all of your reasons. it has been very interesting and informative. HUGGS.

kathrynjanos
06-09-2009, 11:50 PM
I think it is a sad state of affairs to have a go at someone just because they dont post a pic of themselves. To then attempt to psychologically analyze why shows a real lack of respect and a certain lack of tolerance.

What all who post pics online need to remember is this. Pics posted online can be accessed by anyone with a bit of skill all over the world. Not a problem for those who dont care, but there are many people who wouldnt want compromising pics (which is what these types of pics are to those who are NOT out to the world!) of themselves in the public domain!

Do a google search, or even better, if you have firefox as your browser install an app called cooliris and search for skirts, make-up etc.....I did this and it threw up pics of transgendered/cd's. Some of whom reside on this forum.

As to the "must have a secret if they are looking here" bit, not necessarily. As noted above, search engines can/do throw up this forum so a person might just stumble upon it. That person tells someone else, and so on. Also, if you log on through a public network, or a work network, the places you visit are logged. So your boss, or the IT dept dealing with the network will know which sites you go to!

All it takes is the wrong person seeing the wrong thing ONCE! Once that cat is out of the bag it can/will meeeeeeooooow as loudly as it can........

Fine if you're okay with it, but NOT if you aint!

Rach

As an IT expert, I can attest to several facts here.

First off, if your company uses a proxy server of any kind, each and every internet request you send IS logged. This includes websites visited and search terms used. Many companies however do NOT use review these logs unless there is valid reason to do so.

Second, the ones that do log this information rarely use the logging options available to monitor the specific user making the requests. Even if they do, an IT employee will rarely want to become involved with examining then turning in a person for their search terms unless they are, by nature, illicit.

Just a hint. Yes, your searches may be logged and even traceable to you, but the odds are exceptionally rare that you will be prosecuted by them for crossdressing related activities at work. Of course - just keep in mind that if they do choose to single you out for that kind of work, they can typically use the "personal use" clause of the IT contract to terminate you and be entirely in their legal right to do so. All I'm saying is not to be paranoid.

dawnmarrie1961
06-10-2009, 02:04 AM
Cristina, My avatar is me. My web cam is not the greatest.

I look like a "fuzzy" Doctor Ruth!

I debated about wearing my reading glasses. But I can't see a darn thing on this computer screen without them!!

Any who, that's what I look like 24/7. Home, work or play.(Ok maybe not play.)

Avatar or not, we are all on equals here. No one is more important than the other.

dawnmarrie1961
06-10-2009, 02:13 AM
Oops! I forgot.

Except for the moderators! They are the tops!

cindycd
06-10-2009, 03:51 AM
Didn't have any decent out fits until recently and didn't have the tech capability until recently. That may change as soon as I figure out how this stuff work's. I will work on it.

Deb The Brunette
06-10-2009, 04:12 AM
Don't think my pics will get past the mod squad.... reckon they'll scare the children

:bovered: