PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't quite out myself

sandra-leigh
05-17-2009, 07:58 PM
I was talking to my neighbour today about the new fence I'm going to put up this year... I've been waiting for a few years for him to take down a tree near the fence so the (proposed) new fence wouldn't get damaged when he took it down. He's been talking for a few years about taking it down, but his money has run tight a few years in a row... and meanwhile my fence has decayed into a high state of disgrace. This year, I'm going to put up a new one, even if I have to pay for removing those trees myself.

Anywho, after my fore-planning of how I was going to talk to the neighbour, I'm afraid I chickened out a bit when it came to explaining why it is going to be a tall "privacy fence" that I put up. He's a fellow that I get along with fine as a neighbour, can trust him to watch the house for a week, that sort of thing -- but somehow we aren't friends. Just not enough known things in common. I had planned to say straight out to him that I wasn't intentionally trying to put distance between us but that I wanted to be able to invite my cross-dressing friends without my neighbour (or someone visiting my neighbour) potentially feeling "yucky, they are at it again" and with my guests feeling comfortable that people weren't peaking in at us... but I ended up explaining it as "some of my friends are rather shy".

This neighbour has potentially several times seen me get into a cab while I am all Dressed, and has seen me in a skirt at least once at the local mall (but it was denim and the jacket was long so he might have missed it.) So maybe he knows and chooses not to mention it, and maybe he doesn't know... but I'd prefer to stay on good terms with him, and I'd rather not risk that his religious beliefs might kick up a barrier even though he knows me well enough to know that I'm a relatively good person.

Just couldn't bring myself to out myself to my neighbour.... even though lots of people in town know, so it's not a secret.

Teri Jean
05-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Neighbors and fences can be a sticky point but you have one now so building a replacement should not be a big thing. One could have said that you was looking to replacing a new one that would not only give you the privacy you desire but would beautify his yard as well. As for his knowing, it may be he does know more than you think and has decided it is your business. The new fence will also add value to your property but also make his more appealing if he should like to seel in the future.

JMO Keli

5150 Girl
05-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Well, if you have reason to susspect that he knows, he likely does.

Presh GG
05-17-2009, 10:32 PM
I see no reason to give your neighbor a reason.
I'm getting a new fence.
Cool !
And how are you ?

springtime

sandra-leigh
05-18-2009, 12:24 AM
I see no reason to give your neighbor a reason.
I'm getting a new fence.

The trees that need to come down for my fence to work
(and for my side yard to become anything other than a dessert where even the dandylions won't grow) are all on his property, where-as the fence itself is completely on my property. So it's taken some negotiation. Which he has been polite about but hasn't had the money to take down the trees.

After the numerous polite conversations we've had, and the assistance we've given each other with each other's yards, I didn't feel comfortable putting up a taller and much more private fence without an explanation of some sort. To go from 6 1/2 years of talking over the fence able to see each other, to being blocked out... it could be taken the wrong way.

Tanya C
05-18-2009, 12:57 AM
Maybe you could explain to your neighbor that you do some occasional entertaining and you don't wish to disturb any of the neighbors. Also, perhaps you could ask for his input on some the features of the fence. Let him know that the fence will be beneficial to both sides.

Love always,

Tanya