PDA

View Full Version : New Realization

Kimberely416
05-18-2009, 01:39 AM
I came to a very important realization tonight. I spent about an hour and a half putting on my makeup before going out tonight. When I returned home, it took about one and one half minutes to take it off. Boy, what one has to go through to look pretty, then to have it all taken away in a minute and a half. Need I add more?:daydreaming: I did have a good time, though!

O2B Barbara
05-18-2009, 04:22 AM
It's the price we have to pay to look good. My wife just says that I now know why she takes a long time to get ready.

Teri Jean
05-18-2009, 06:46 AM
Kim,
I have the same problem each morning when I get ready for work and I should get ready as I write this. The love of our feminine side does have it's perks and pitfalls but the feeling of makeup and soft clothes outways the down side of having to change for whatever reason. Women go through the same thing after a night out.

Keli

Karren H
05-18-2009, 07:05 AM
Yeah... So ever wonder what all that makeup that's washed down the sink goes? Maybe that why fishies have such large pretty eyes? Lol.

Miranda09
05-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Felt the same way myself yesterday. It took me over an hour to put on makeup, then spent most of the day dressed. At the end of the day, I was so reluctant to take everything off after all the time spent putting it on. It's amazing how much work GG's go thru to get ready to go out. Something I never really appreciated before!

Sarah_GG
05-18-2009, 07:32 AM
If you took only one and a half minutes to take your make-up off, then you're not doing it properly! :D

Personally I prefer to wake up with the panda look, but many GG friends of mine spend as much time removing their make-up as they do putting it on.

Apparently you firstly gather all your lotions and cotton wool pads together. Using the right lotion use gentle upwards and circular movements to 'sweep' the skin clean making sure to go behind the ears and encompassing the neck and upper chest. Then take an 'eye' make-up remover and with gentle strokes sweep from the inner eye outwards towards the ear, taking care to incorporate several downward strokes to remove every trace from the lashes... yawn... once all make-up has been removed take the cleansing.....zzzzz

And that's before you've even got to the flossing and cleaning of teeth! :eek:

Sorry, I'm in bed asleep by now. :devil:

TGMarla
05-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Oh, yeah. Getting my face on takes time and meticulous care. Wiping all the pookie off takes only minutes. Too bad there isn't a face wipe that works in reverse, so you could rub your face with it and come out the other side all made up! (Except for the lipstick....that's fun to put on. I'll stay manual on that!)

Marie-Claire
05-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Would you feel better if you got home after a night on the town and had to spend an hour and a half taking you makeup off?

trannie T
05-18-2009, 07:59 PM
One and a half minutes is plenty of time for removing makeup. You can get rid of all traces in that time.

Except for that eyeliner you missed that someone will notice Monday morning.

5150 Girl
05-18-2009, 08:19 PM
I guess we could call it sufering for our art. :battingeyelashes:
I've allways heard it said that beauty is work!

diannecourtney
05-27-2009, 11:30 AM
I've decided that To finish my quest, I must screw up the courage to buy the rigth stuff, apply it artistically have eyes, lips and chins like the celebrities.:daydreaming::daydreaming::daydreaming ::battingeyelashes:

Laura Evans
05-27-2009, 11:36 AM
The price for being a woman. I'll pay it any time.

Super Amanda
05-27-2009, 11:43 AM
It's a lot of work to try to be pretty! My Mom laughs at how many times I stop by a mirror for touch up!

Once you put makeup on everyday, the application time gets shorter, while skill gets better, IMO.

stephaniedoes
05-27-2009, 11:56 AM
yes its sort of like thanksgiving, all day cookin and about 20 mins to be all gobbled up and then put away.. it takes much time and pride in doing a good job so one can be appreciated at there effort... But its wooorth it....:hugs: