PDA

View Full Version : "Transitioning"

Magickman
05-18-2009, 06:51 AM
At the weekend social dance club party, two women asked me to sit with them. Tricia and Wendy didn't want to dance with the man in a skirt, but they had questions.

"Are you transitioning," I was asked. "No," I honestly replied. "Why do you ask?"

"You know why."

It seems that a a guy can't go dancing in a skirt, without raising certain questions.

I told the curious women that I liked to wear skirts for dancing, and that wearing a skirt was a great way to meet women.

They were unsure whether to believe that I liked women as dance partners.

We went back and forth for a while, without real resolution.

I am willing to engage in conversation with silly women, but don't you think they should have danced with me?

Miranda09
05-18-2009, 07:04 AM
Absolutely!! They were trying to convince themselves that you were more than what you appeared to be. :)

Karren H
05-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Hell I'd just go ahead and get SRS.... Then you won't have to field those perplexing questions any more and they may want to dance with you? Lol.

Carola
05-18-2009, 11:55 AM
I know that you have the patience to hear "silly women" (as you said) but, why do they think that had the right to asked you about it?
As far as i read here, i tend to think that just because you are dressed at the street people think u¡you have to answer their questions about crossdrssing. A lot of us are willing to take our time and do that but i consider it really rude; if you doesn't mess with other, why should they do it?

sometimes_miss
05-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Magickman wrote:
I am willing to engage in conversation with silly women, but don't you think they should have danced with me?
Just like a man, you don't 'get it'. It doesn't matter what you think, or what we think. They didn't want to dance with you, and that should be enough for you. But you don't want to accept that someone doesn't want what you want. So you come here to get other people's support so you can feel that you are entitled to tell women what they should want to do. Women socially have to deal with this every day. Men think their wants are more important and hold more weight than what the woman wants, or in this case, doesn't want.

This is the 21st century isn't it? Or have we magically been transported back to the dark ages? It amazes me that there are still men out there that think this way, and it's a big reason why women think we're all just a bunch of insensitive clods.

Deborah Jane
05-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Just like a man, you don't 'get it'. It doesn't matter what you think, or what we think. They didn't want to dance with you, and that should be enough for you. But you don't want to accept that someone doesn't want what you want. So you come here to get other people's support so you can feel that you are entitled to tell women what they should want to do. Women socially have to deal with this every day. Men think their wants are more important and hold more weight than what the woman wants, or in this case, doesn't want.

This is the 21st century isn't it? Or have we magically been transported back to the dark ages? It amazes me that there are still men out there that think this way, and it's a big reason why women think we're all just a bunch of insensitive clods.

:iagree:

Women have the same rights we do, if they don't want to dance with you it's their choice, in the same way that you have the choice of whether you want to answer their questions or not.

You answered their questions....Your choice!
They didn't dance with you....Their choice!

Sheila
05-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Magickman wrote:
Just like a man, you don't 'get it'. It doesn't matter what you think, or what we think. They didn't want to dance with you, and that should be enough for you. But you don't want to accept that someone doesn't want what you want. ................... Men think their wants are more important and hold more weight than what the woman wants, or in this case, doesn't want.

Wow strong, & tough words, but very, very well said ................ from a GW thankyou :hugs:

:iagree:

Women have the same rights we do, if they don't want to dance with you it's their choice, in the same way that you have the choice of whether you want to answer their questions or not.

You answered their questions....Your choice!
They didn't dance with you....Their choice!

Thanks Darling ..... one of the reasons I love you .............. you put us an a level playing field :hugs: & :love:

sometimes_miss;1726354]This is the 21st century isn't it? Or have we magically been transported back to the dark ages? It amazes me that there are still men out there that think this way, and it's a big reason why women think we're all just a bunch of insensitive clods.

sometimes_miss & Debs .. you two have just proved that what we GG's already knew ................. That NOT ALL MALES are insensitive clods ...... thanks both of you

Violetgray
05-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Magickman wrote:

Whoa. I think that the comment in question was meant playfully and taken WAY more seriously than was intended. And personally, I find the “Just like a man” comment to be more offensive. Way to define an entire gender. Suggesting that they would have had fun had they opted to dance with him is not the same as bossing women around and feeling entitled.

Breathe.

vivianann
05-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Women want to talk to me about why I wear dresses all the time, and I am more than happy to talk to them about the subject. I find the women I encounter to be polite and curious, and I have gained many friendships with the women I have encountered when out in public, I have even danced with many GG's when I have went to dances, however I go out in public all the time. I would not worry about it, I have had women say they would not dance with me because of the way I was dressed, but they ended up dancing with me anyway because they seen how I really tore it up on the dance floor, I do get pretty animated out on the dance floor, and usually the women start to join in as the dancing goes on.
What you need to do the next time you are out on the dance floor is DANCE YOUR @&& OFF!, works every time, put your heart into it, and you will be pleasantly surprised how peaple will react to you.

DonnaT
05-18-2009, 04:55 PM
Did you ask either of them to dance?

Empress Lainie
05-18-2009, 05:55 PM
I am known as the Dancing Queen and Queen of the Suncoast on the dance floor.I have had so many wonderful things happen to me while dancing.
Then there was the 3 boob thing!

docrobbysherry
05-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Whoa. I think that the comment in question was meant playfully and taken WAY more seriously than was intended. And personally, I find the “Just like a man” comment to be more offensive. Way to define an entire gender. Suggesting that they would have had fun had they opted to dance with him is not the same as bossing women around and feeling entitled.
Breathe.

Thank u, Violet. Some people just DON'T appreciate "tongue in cheek" humor! :eek:

If Magickman WAS serious, he, (and I, too, probably), deserve a berating!:doh:

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-18-2009, 06:28 PM
...I am willing to engage in conversation with silly women, but don't you think they should have danced with me?

You should have told them you'd be happy to answer all of their questions, but it will cost them a dance or two. Bet you would have gotten your dance that way. :)

Byanca
05-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Not if they think you are a woman. And it was a man they wanted to dance with. That is reasonable enough.

But on the other hand you answering their questions should have earned you a dance. Take some give some. But this you should have made them promise before you answered.
Edit-I can see this was already said..lol

Rachel Morley
05-18-2009, 06:48 PM
At the weekend social dance club party, two women asked me to sit with them. Tricia and Wendy didn't want to dance with the man in a skirt, but they had questions.

What's wrong with that? They were interested in you enough to want to engage in conversation. Dancing is only part of a social dance club isn't it? I mean "dance" yes but "social" meaning conversation too (?)

"Are you transitioning," I was asked. "No," I honestly replied. "Why do you ask?" ..."You know why."
Is this question why they are in your eyes "silly"? As a question, it's a bit "over the top" I grant you if you are just wearing a skirt but I expect these ladies said that word to let you know that they are somewhat familiar with TG terms and used this as a way to strike up a conversation.

It seems that a a guy can't go dancing in a skirt, without raising certain questions.
Well it isn't an everyday thing in certain mainstream places, of course they're gonna be curious. For what it's worth, IMHO, I think saying "silly women" in your post is condescending, joking or not. You don't get the "tone" in the written word. :sad:

trannie T
05-18-2009, 07:34 PM

You found two women willing to engage in conversation with you, good for them. They have the absolute right to dance with whomever they choose. Talking with someone does not guarantee a dance just as buying a drink does not guarantee sex.