PDA

View Full Version : Separation of the Ways

diannecourtney
05-18-2009, 01:56 PM
This AM, the wife suddenly shuts off the TV and says "we've got to talk. to make a long story short she announces we are visiting a lawyer and you can go your way in your finery and I 'll go mine. We now have two houses and Dianne can have her way and I'll have AZ. There are added circumstances like neither of us can discuss current politics, racial tensions and the general social atmosphere. Money is not the problems.... However, I have thought about it for several hours now and I am loooking forward to a make-over whereever I can find it and making up at my leisure. I even went so far as to show her my lovely breastforms (8's in a VS C38 bra) and ask her to feel them. Girls, I am so giddy, where can I get voice lessons? :):):)

Patricia1
05-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Good for you if this is what you want. Be careful in pushing your cross dressing into your wife's face. She may use this against you somehow. This has got to be tough on you so go slowly & protect yourself.

Ruth
05-18-2009, 02:31 PM
I agree with Patricia: be careful. Not wishing to put down your wife at all but she is evidently not sympathetic to your CDing and will not feel any particular need to be protective or loyal to you after you have gone your separate ways - in fact she may just use your CDing to her advantage.
Not saying she's a bad person, just not on your side any more.

Lauren Richards
05-18-2009, 02:36 PM
I agree with Patti. Take it easy right now. Sounds like this has been a long time coming, and the crossdressing is just the easiest target for the seperation. You will be having months of legal and emotional challenges ahead of you (been there, done that, without the added issue of crossdressing) and like any roller coaster, there are moments of terror as well as joy. Until it is final, you never know what she is going to hit you with. Be kind, but be careful.

deja true
05-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Gee, you sound absolutely heart-broken!

Don't let the Pink Fog envelop you until all the details are ironed out and the papers are signed, hunny.

Sheila
05-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Wow am overjoyed that you have taken the break-up of your marriage so well :brolleyes:

Daintre
05-18-2009, 03:07 PM
I am a bit lost here, to me there must have been a lengthy time when you and your soon to be ex were together. Are there no kids / grand kids around or is this just a clean break no strings attached? Well there already are strings though, can't talk about certain subjects and so on. I guess I don't see the bright side here, just another failed marriage and I find that sad.

Deborah Jane
05-18-2009, 03:53 PM
It's nice to see your wife meant so much to you Dianne, i hope you're very happy with your new situation :brolleyes:

Karren H
05-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Wow... That was easy? To heck with the makeover and go straight for the SRS! Lol.

RobertaM
05-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Wow... That was easy? To heck with the makeover and go straight for the SRS! Lol.

Surprised you didnt say "Where do i find the drive thru sex change clinic?"

Tamara Croft
05-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Wow, I'm gobsmacked... no wonder your wife is divorcing you, all you care about is yourself... and asking her to feel your breastforms? seriously? grow the hell up... You don't need voice lessons, you need growing up lessons... :brolleyes: Your wife is well rid!

Sophie Lynne
05-18-2009, 05:38 PM
All i have to say is: wow.

:eek:

docrobbysherry
05-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Based ON MY EXPERIENCE, marriages don't breakup over CDing. It MAY be the icing on the cake, tho! :eek:
Sounds like your "cake" was sugarless anyway!:sad:

As one whose been there, I suggest u hire a VERY GOOD ATTORNEY! U will NEED one!:Angry3:

If you're going to receive the state of Arizona, as your half of your divorce settlement, u can CERTAINLY afford the BEST!:brolleyes:

O2B Barbara
05-18-2009, 05:49 PM
I agree with Patricia: be careful. Not wishing to put down your wife at all but she is evidently not sympathetic to your CDing and will not feel any particular need to be protective or loyal to you after you have gone your separate ways - in fact she may just use your CDing to her advantage.
Not saying she's a bad person, just not on your side any more.

Sounds like good advice, divorce seems to bring out the worst in some people. As for your state of mind, being giddy, I know that feeling as well. Once I had made the decision and announced it to my ex a lot of weight was lifted. I doubt if anyone here has all the facts, or even enough of the facts to judge your marriage or divorce situation. I will wish only the best for you, and your wife. There are many here if you need a shoulder to cry on, either tears of joy or sorrow.

Hugs,

diannecourtney
05-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Your absolutely right. It is growing upwhen these things occurr. I appreciate the kind words offerred earlier and it was long the way that support is out there. Any way, hope to make this as amicable as two women can work things out.

Jaydee
05-18-2009, 08:25 PM
I can't imagine how anyone can describe the breakup of their marriage with the word "giddy", no matter how difficult it had become. Good Luck, I think you'll need it.

Jaydee

Jodi
05-18-2009, 08:41 PM
You said "money is not a problem". It is obvious that you have never been down the divorce route before. First thing is--you had better get yourself a very good lawyer. Believe me, it will cost you a bundle. But if you don't have a very good lawyer, it will cost you a very, very, very, big bundle.

I don't know where you live. If your state is a community property state, she will automatically get 50%. In most all other states, it is an equitable distribution. Depending upon how long you have been married, and how good her lawyer is, she could end up getting 70-75% of your marital assets. Remember, all assets are marital assets regardless whose name the asset is in.

It's tough to go out and get that makeover when you are paying most of your income out in spousal support.

Your fun and stress and just beginning. I've been there and done that. It's not only no fun, it is a matter of survival.

Jodi

Mrs. X (gg)
05-18-2009, 09:01 PM
there added circumstances like neither of us can discuss current politics, racial tensions and the general social atmosphere. Money is not the problems....

Are you actually talking about your wife...sounds more like biz partner, an accoutant, attorney or an associate...all of the above, more than the woman you're married too. :eek:

DaphneGrey
05-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Marriages don't end because of crossddessing they end because people are self centered and selfish. Hey are marriage is over feel my breast forms and look at my bra. What an ass. I am always amazed at how self centered and selfish crossddessers can be. Get over yourself

Michelle I
05-18-2009, 09:10 PM
I can not beleve how easy it is to say its over, no feelings no love, just look at my breast forms. I lost my wife over 2 years ago, miss her more than ever. Its a shame love and marrage are not the same to some people.

diannecourtney
05-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Ladies: Do accept my apologies for lighting up a storm. However, we have been blessed with certain understandings over the years and they were handled by my business goings and comings.But with the pot on the burner in retirement, they never cool off. Yes I do love her but she has made love a math formula that never adds:sad::sad::sad::sad: up.

Presh GG
05-18-2009, 11:19 PM
AFTER ALL IT"S ALL ABOUT YOU !!!!

YOU NEED MORE THAN A LAWER - YOU NEED A SHRINK !!!

I hope she GETS YOU PRECIOUS BREAST FORMS IN YOR DIVORSE !

sprinktime gg

mklinden2010
05-18-2009, 11:20 PM
She tells you, "We're going to go see a lawyer TOGETHER!"

So, what's the problem?

You got married together; you can get divorced together.

I get it. Good for both of you!

So far, so good. All that's required to get a divorce is properly filing the papers to dissolve the legal bonds, stating the mutually agreed division of property, and having the judge agree that fair enough is fair enough according to the laws of whatever state you're in... Of the fifty states, not necessarily the state of relief you're both going to feel when you get free of each others' grating habits, opinions, and, er, food preferences.

IF either of you object to anything of consequence, however, THEN pull up a chair and watch the attorneys beat your initial agreement, and any hopes of future happiness, to death. If there are asses in your present or your future, it will be the attorneys. But, so long as you get along and both feel your arrangement leaves each of you better off than you are now, then fine and dandy.

Good luck to you, by the way, in experimenting with anything you want after you and she have tried long enough and hard enough to make your marriage work. Take a vacation from that life for a while. But, probably just for a while. It's difficult, scary, and maybe even a bit dangerous on you own. If you're like most people, you'll try for a bit of fun and settle down again eventually. Be safe, be careful, and, be wise.

Good luck to you both, and, again, GOOD for you - both of you!

linnea
05-19-2009, 12:34 AM
"Giddy": when this word emerged into the English language in the 13th century (even earlier as "gydig" in Old English), it meant "possessed by a god" which in turn meant "mad" and "foolish." This was not a good thing; it was "gudam" (or by god damned).
You may have described your situation more accurately than you realized--foolish and flighty. I hope that I'm wrong, but I think that you are in and of a world of hurt. And it doesn't look as if it's going to get better any time soon.

Sammy777
05-19-2009, 01:17 AM
I even went so far as to show her my lovely breastforms (8's in a VS C38 bra) and ask her to feel them. Girls, I am so giddy, where can I get voice lessons?

Oh you need something alright, but it's not voice lessons.

The fog is strong with this one.

By the way, the sound you hear is not cheering, its the sound of the waves crashing on the rocky shore dead ahead. You better find your heading and a lighthouse through all that fog your sailing through right now before you end up washed ashore.

Samantha Kelsey
05-19-2009, 02:28 AM
HI I'm glad you feel like you do. It's pointless for both of you living an unhappy existence. But beware the pink fog may have a short life. My ex threatened to (& did) expose me. She was too late however as I had already come out to everyone of my friends and family knowing that she would use it against me. Our split wasn't really over CDing, I'd told her I couldn't live with her anymore but afterwards she twisted the facts towards my CDing.

The good news is her nasty gossip didn't have any effect whatso ever on me, quite the opposite.

vivianann
05-19-2009, 04:30 AM
I am shocked by the way you are dealing with your marriage coming to an end. No matter how she may or may not have behaved in the marriage is not an excuse to be so uncareing and selfish about it. I have been through a divorce, it broke my heart even though there was not the feelings of love between us anymore, it took me 7 yrs before I could bring myself to try on any feminine clothing. And even though 7 yrs had passed after the divorce, I still worried I might be doing it too soon, crossdressing did not have anything to do with the breakup of my marriage because I put it away at her request. It was her inability to conrol her spending habit and trying to hide it from me that killed our marriage.
I believe you are in for some real heartache because you cannot see past your selfish desire to be femme. :sad:

mklinden2010
05-19-2009, 07:32 AM
Gotta say, again, that I'm all for both of you finding happiness apart... If that's what it takes.

I'm been divorced and it was hard. It took ten years to get over all that and by then I'd been remarried for about four of those ten years. But, that's me. I regretted the dumb things she did to break up the marriage, and to hurt both of us, but that's just the way it was and I HAD to get used to it. Still, I was giddy for a while just to be free of the problems... No doubt about it. Yay!

However, had I not said, "OK. Enough is enough" and agreed to end the marriage neither one of us would have ever been happy in that life. Things could have only gotten worse had we stayed together. As it was, I had a great second marriage ('til death did us part) and am close to being remarried - even more happily now. (Practice, practice, practice!)

Odds are good, of course, that you and she will go see and attorney, realize you can live with the way things are - for family or financial reasons - and you'll try a "reset" of things at home to see if you can't just get along better with a new plan.

But, to find out, go see what the legal realities are, give it some thought, and then decide how to proceed.

Good luck.

Di
05-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Very happy for your wife:love::hugs::love:
A huge self centered and selfish weight off her shoulders!!:brolleyes:

Sandra
05-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Well I truely hope that you and your self centered and selfish ways enjoy the rest of your life, and god help any other woman who gets involved with you. :Angry3: :Angry3:

Marsha K
05-19-2009, 11:02 AM
I even went so far as to show her my lovely breastforms (8's in a VS C38 bra) and ask her to feel them. Girls, I am so giddy, where can I get voice lessons? :):):)

I’m sorry for you and your wife in your separation. It should be hard on both of you but it doesn’t seem that way.:eek: There sure must have been many other things involved besides just your cross-dressing. I guess you are more excited about your possible new adventures than saddened over a life thrown away. Are you and your wife on speaking terms yet? As for any voice lessons, you could ask your wife to help you with that.

Tamara Croft
05-19-2009, 11:05 AM
As for any voice lessons, you could ask your wife to help you with that.Oh I can think of a way she can up his voice a few notches.... and the way he's treating his divorce... he'd deserve it.... and she should squeeze them extremely tight!!! He'll be screaming like a damn girl by the time she's done :Angry3:

Jodi
05-19-2009, 08:35 PM
So you aremeeting a lawyer together. I have known a number of people that tried to go that route only to have it crash down on them. The divorce is one thing. It can be very easy with "no fault". The hard part is the property settlement. Without your own lawyer to defend for you, you could take a real hosing.

It might seem cool right now to be living by yourself with the freedom to dress when you want to, but you have to retain enough assets to be able to live, not just exist.

You might think that it can go smoothly. Don't live in la-la land. Once the lawyers get involved, it is put on the gloves and hang in there till there is one left standing. The lawyers will drag it out and play lawyer games for as long as they can. Remember, they work by the hour. That is how they get maximum dollar from you.

Right now, you don't have a clue. Come back in a year and let us know how you are doing.

Jodi

Sherry-Stephanie
05-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Wait until the decree is final before you do back flips....anything before that may be harmful to your well being...not to mention your bank account..especially when some attorney gets invovled...

diannecourtney
05-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Good morning ladies: I want to thank several of you who had very kind remarks and wonder what guilt was created for others and their remarks. Yes the lawyering went well and we shall continue a relationship. I am enjoying the opportuniy to dress more freely than before and am looking to that make-over morethan ever. Incidentally, Karen hutton, the first question out of my ex when she discovered the desires was when do you go all the way? She was somewhat floored when Iasked what she met as I was still quite innocent of all mthe implicatios of CDing. Anyway thank you all and love.

mklinden2010
05-20-2009, 08:45 AM
DC,

Good for you both in working things out together. So far, so good.

I really do not understand some of the harsh comments you have received. Your wife took a stand on how things were going and did not sneak off and hire an attorney to sue you for divorce. She more or less said, "Hey, we're BOTH being stupid to dance around our differences; let's do something about working out a new and better arrangement."

Sounds like a good marriage to me. And, believe me, you can love each other - married or not - and live happy lives, married or not.

The purpose of marriage is not to see how much you can hurt another person, but to see how much you can help each other. You give so that they can live better; they give so that you can live better. Being tied up in a marriage contract is not necessarily helpful to two people being happy. It can be helpful, but in and of itself it's just a form to work within. If the fit is not good, it's a hard chore for two people to live in such a space.

If nothing else the defined roles and "general expectations" make it hard to work out a life when everyone keeps butting into your private arrangements. It seems strange to me to read of "society's disapproval" for CDing on this forum, for example, and, at the same time by these same people, not be allowed to work out your own private arrangements.

Some members of my family gave me several rounds of grief over "my" problem and how unfair I was being to my wife. They kept protesting that we did not have a good marriage, that it had to be some kind of sham. I was surprised to hear this from two of them in particular, because between them they'd been divorced five or six times. I should worry what they thought "I" should do?

Plus, as I pointed out to them, my wife had her own job, her own savings, her own friends, her own family, etc. AND could probably fight me to at least a draw in boxing, wrestling, and/or crossword puzzles. The wife had her things she liked about being married, and I had mine. What some members of my family thought of our personal arrangements was, frankly, none of their business. Neither one of them was married to either one of us...

Good luck going forward. I take it from your "giddiness" with your breast forms and showing them to your wife that both of you are willing to just, "Call a cat a cat" and do some work to redefine your relationship. You've been dying to get this off (on?) your chest and she's been unwilling to talk about it so long as you "had" to be (the) husband and she "had" to be (the) wife. That wasn't working so you both willingly tried a new approach. Fine. See where it goes. You both need a break.

My guess and my hope is that all this will turn out to be a good thing for both of you. If things couldn't go on like they were, better things should change - creating new opportunity for happiness.

Who knows where you will be a year from now. But, if next year was like last year, who'd want to do that over again anyway?

Good for both of you for trying for something better.

Good luck.

TxKimberly
05-20-2009, 09:10 AM
I have to admit that I chose to stay away from this thread for fear that all i could say would be dripping with anger and sarcasm. The very thought that someone would be pleased over the breakup of their marriage just because it will offer them the freedom to dress more often . . . it just stuns me. My next thought was of the wives that read this and what conclusions they are going to draw from it. For over 21 years my wife has had that niggling fear that I might go back on my word and try and go full time, so I'd imagine that there are a lot of other wives here that worry about the same. Reading your thread is going to heighten that fear in their hearts, that fear that the dressing can mean more than their love. . .
My last thought how ever, is that maybe this is your way of coping, or trying to put a brave face on it. Maybe your really not that shallow, your just hurt and trying to put a positive spin things. I dunno . . .

Momarie
05-20-2009, 09:52 AM
"......the first question out of my ex when she discovered the desires was when do you go all the way? She was somewhat floored when Iasked what she met as I was still quite innocent of all mthe implicatios of CDing. Anyway thank you all and love".

INNOCENT MY ASS!

MsJanessa
05-20-2009, 12:20 PM
youre very lucky that money is not a problem and it seems emotionally that both of you have been way apart for a long time---It's good that you can leave each other without the financial and emotional fallout that often comes with a divorce---I wish you all the best ---one word of advice however let yourself get settled in your new single life before making the next major decision like whether or not to have SRS--good luck honey

suchacutie
05-20-2009, 12:58 PM
What an incredible thread! I've read the two paragraphs from the starter of this thread, and if this is not a total goof on all of us, then it's clear this has been a very unusual marriage. However, it seems that there is a general trend of looking at this marriage through our own prisms, and in that light it's not comming off very well. There seem to be two extreme opinions:

1) egocentricity is ruling the process and heaven help them both.

2) they understand that they really don't get along and need to separate as amicably as possible, and that they are moving in this direction.

I can't tell which it is, but I'm sure glad I'm not there as it can't be an easy thing! My questions would revolve around wondering how it got to this point and how long it took. That must be a remarkable story!

tina

LisaM
05-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Like a few others I have stayed away from this thread because I didn't want to write anything that I would regret but I've reconsidered after seeing what has been posted.

I do not think it is a 'real' post; the writing is unusual and the wording poor. I think it was written to cause the reaction which has transpired. It pushes too many buttons and lacks the normal empathy that occurs between 2 people in a marriage. That is just my opinion and I think it should be closed.

Linda Mattson
05-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Not to beat a dead horse but....your reactions are either an indication that you actually wanted the divorce in which case you have lost all negotiating power by her going first and calling the shots or are so excited at the prospect of freedom that the pink fog is making you stupid.

Either way take a deep breath...be your own best friend and remember you got the rest of your life to review the decisions you are making today. Take your time...get a good lawyer and visit a counsellor to sort things out.

Remember experience is a great teacher but the tuition is awful high!

Angie G
05-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Sounds like she made you a happy girl. Congrats I guess hun.:hugs:
Angie

diannecourtney
05-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Dear ladies: Many thanks for kind words from a few of you. Others sounded like I raised some guilt and I am truly sorry. Anyway we did the lawyer thing and it went well as we have built a strong relarionship in matters other thanCDing and politics. One note from the many comments, Karren Hutton brought up transforming; the first thing the wife asked when finding out the CDing was if I was going to do that. Well anyway at 6 ft and 210 one doesn'even think the possibility. Oh yes, I am sorry this went this far but appreciate haing the forum:):):):)

Bethany_Anne_Fae
05-20-2009, 06:23 PM
I dunno...

My response is not meant to be mean...

The devil-may-care attitude of the OP makes me somehow think this isn't a serious post. I could be wrong.

If my assumption isn't wrong, than I feel bad for the both of you. Money is definitely the issue here because its stripped you of your humanity when it comes to things of a loving nature.

Your S/O will be able to find someone who has what she needs in that department. You can go on living in the pink fog that has clearly made you into something undesireable.

Zarabeth

AmandaM
05-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Now, now, everyone, it sounds like this was a long time coming, and they're both glad to be rid of the other. If it was me, and my situation was like that, I might jump for joy too.

Celeste
05-21-2009, 06:56 AM
Really,at least you parted ways before someone was injured.

Jenniferpl
05-21-2009, 08:21 AM
be carefule what you wish for.

diannecourtney
05-21-2009, 11:54 AM
All went aswell as can be accepted. She wants a man in her life and I need space and time. Thanks all for your thoughts and kind remarks.:):):)

diannecourtney
05-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Dear ladies: Many thanks for your kind thoughts. We are now progressing towards the end. We have spoken of the future we have but after reading thru the various threads, I am wondering if tow ladies can make it work. CDing certainly makes the percentages work in favor of divorce for us regular types:sad::sad::sad: