PDA

View Full Version : Chest Op 19th May

Ryan
05-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi guys.....I know it's been a while since I have posted but I thought I'd let you all know that I'm due to have my chest op tomorrow morning at long last :D

:D

Lisa Golightly
05-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Not one of the guys :) but will be thinking of you tomorrow as you get one step closer...

Lots of Love

Lisa x

SirTrey
05-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi guys.....I know it's been a while since I have posted but I thought I'd let you all know that I'm due to have my chest op tomorrow morning at long last :D

:D

Best of luck, Ryan.....I'm very happy for you....Keep us all posted and let us know how it goes.....:)

Shelly Preston
05-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Bets wishes for tomorrow and a speedy recovery time :love:

Carole Cross
05-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Good Luck Ryan, hope it goes well. :hugs:

Thornton
05-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Man, this is a big step, like a graduation or marriage...

Happy New Body!

ZenFrost
05-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Awesome! :thumbsup: I hope it goes well without any complications. :hugs:

Ryan
05-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Hey thanks guys.....and gals :) I'm off for a nice shower then to try n sleep. Good night all.

az_azeel
05-18-2009, 05:00 PM
you dont normally find me in here... but just sending you my best wishes and good luck :hugs:

Sheila
05-18-2009, 05:05 PM
good luck hun :hugs:

MJ
05-18-2009, 05:10 PM
very Best wishes for tomorrow

Wendy me
05-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Good Luck Ryan............

Seamus_Jameson
05-18-2009, 10:02 PM
I hope everything goes great for you, no complications, etc. Let us know how it goes when you get out of the hospital.

As Thornton said, Happy New Body!

John
05-19-2009, 02:10 AM
WOOO!!

Best of luck to you, keep us informed :D

DanielMacBride
05-19-2009, 02:51 AM
YAY!!!! :D Good luck Ryan, hope it all goes well and you recover quickly :)

Felix
05-19-2009, 05:54 AM
Good luck my friend I'll be thinking about you xx Felix :hugs:

Ze
05-19-2009, 12:38 PM
That's fantastic! I hope it goes smoothly and that you have a quick recovery. :hugs:

Ryan
05-24-2009, 03:50 AM
I got home Friday and so far so good :D

Thanks everyone who sent wishes and texts etc etc, it cheered me up while in the hospital. The place itself wasn't too bad, but I could not get comfy in their bed at all so have not slept too well.

I kept being sick when I came round up until 4 something the next morning, more than I've ever done before, but didn't have too much pain. The left side is obviously swollen and bruised but hasn't really hurt at all.

The right side is the one we were all worried about as it is swollen quite a bit more than the left and it drained alot more than the other side too. Luckily it only drained 20 ml throughout Thursday night which was great and meant it could come out Friday.

I was told I could go when my meds were ready which should have been twelvish, but they didn't get them up to the ward til four summat. I have paracetamol and diclofenac to ease the swelling and I have to have a GNT patch put on daily to open the blood vessels around where the right nipple has been placed as it was looking rather sorry for itself. It's looking alot lighter now though and much better.

The scars I saw when the dressings were changed for the first time and I realised I had no stitches what so ever, all clips, which I have to go back Tuesday for them to look at and to see if they can come out.

Before I went they had to change the dressing for the second time that day too as they had both leaked, the right one being more again, and I'm having a district nurse come out for the next few days to change the dressing and patch everyday.

My nipples might eventually need some revision, and Mr Bristol popped in n saw me before I left aswel and said he will see me next week. He had a quick look and said it looked good apart from the more swelling on the right, and said not to 'go swinging on chandeliers, well not yet anyway', lol.

So yup, although it looks as if I have mini moobs at the mo, (under a tee) I can tell you that I'd rather that anyday to what I have before, and with some possible revision, the chest should be fine.

Keep getting abit tearful, but I guess it's just post op stuff again, I also keep thinking of what Mr Bristol has done for me and how much it means to me right now. It really is life changing, thank you Mr Bristol

Lisa Golightly
05-24-2009, 03:53 AM
Hey Ryan...

I know I've replied elsewhere, but I'm still happy for you so I say it here too...

Absolutely wonderful news Ryan, all the best for a speedy recovery babes :)

Lisa x

Ryan
05-24-2009, 03:56 AM
Hey thanks Lisa hon :)

Shelly Preston
05-24-2009, 04:05 AM
Great news Ryan

Getting a bit tearful is understandable I would have been more worried if you weren't

Tears of joy I think is the phrase :D

Remember to follow the docs orders for a speedy recovery :hugs:

Wendy me
05-24-2009, 04:35 AM
Ryan good to hear your home and doing good ......

DanielMacBride
05-24-2009, 05:58 AM
Great to hear that things went so well, Ryan :) I'm so happy for you - keep us all updated on your recovery, and take it easy, you've earned it ;)

ZenFrost
05-24-2009, 12:32 PM
I don't know what to say so I'll just smile for you. :bg:

:hugs:

deja true
05-24-2009, 01:45 PM
So when can you start swinging on chandeliers again? ;)

Congratulations, handsome!

:)

Billijo49504
05-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Hi, I don't usually stop here, but I seen your post and wanted to stop and wish you well. I truly hope everything goes great for you...Billjo:love:

Seamus_Jameson
05-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Congratulations on the surgery being a success! :) Best of luck for your recovery, Ryan. Don't forget to keep well hydrated.

Ryan
05-25-2009, 02:44 AM
Thanks again all, it means alot. I'm back of to the hospital tomo for them to have a look at the stapleses and to possibly take them out. I'm not so sure they are ready yet, and I've had quite a bit of pain last night and throughout the night in bed, but I hadn't really taken any pain meds or anti inflmatory meds either yesterday so I'm going to make sure I do today.

Dressings are starting to itch and cause small blister patches too which is kinda annoying as they are started to get a bit sore, but will wait n see wha the hospital say tomo as I may not be keeping them on anyway if they take the staples out I guess.

Felix
05-26-2009, 12:59 AM
Hi Ryan dude well Ive said my congrats personally but well done dude Im still really excited and so happy for ya my friend xx Felix :hugs:

decoratorpro
05-26-2009, 02:09 PM
congrats and glad things are going well with you. Keep us posted.

KrazyKat
06-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Congrats Ryan!! Glad to hear you are healing and in good Spirits!! Take care of yourself!!:hugs:Sending you more healing vibes, Dude!!:hugs::hugs:

Sheila
06-08-2009, 04:25 AM
Glad everything went well Ryan, itching is a good sign ....... u is healing :)

metalguy639
06-11-2009, 03:42 AM
Glad everything has gone well for you Ryan.