PDA

View Full Version : Comfort level in shopping

emmicd
07-04-2005, 06:38 PM
As a cross dresser in order to wear your favorite clothes you usually have to buy them on your own or if you're lucky enough your wife or girlfriend will assist you when you treat her to some nice outfits.

What is your degree of comfort in shopping for femme clothes on a scale of 1 to 5?

1-I do not shop. I just borrow my wife's/girlfriend's panties.

2-I'd like to shop but am not comfortable. If I need clothes I order by catalog.

3-I shop occasionally for packaged stockings/pantyhose and panties at the supermarket when I go grocery shopping. If I need other femme clothes I shop by catalog.

4-I can shop for some femme clothes like pants and shirts/blouses but find it difficult to buy intimates or dresses. I order those items by catalog.

5-I can shop for all my femme clothes including intimates and not think twice about it. If you really want something you will buy it, no matter what.

5 (with the icing on the cake)-Not only can I shop for all my femme clothes but I have my wife/girlfriend assist me when I shop. I have the best of both worlds.

Where do you rate regarding your comfort in shopping foe femme clothes?

Emmi

emmicd
07-04-2005, 07:08 PM
I feel comfortable buying most clothes but shy away from the lingerie department. If I really want bra and panty set I will buy it but it's not that easy for me. Also I could never try makeup at the counter.

I probabaly would aspire to a 5 without my wife's help. She knows but will only allow me to wear women's pants and jeans and polo shirt in her presence.

Emmi

Paula Rae
07-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Hey Emmi,

My comfort level in shopping is very high 5½. Level 5 plus the fact that I'm unmarried and have no girlfriend, gives me the extra ½ half point.

Good posts, keep them coming, you bring out a lot of good questions.

Ricki B

Jadeanne
07-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Hi all,

I count myself among the most fortunate - 5 with the icing on the cake!

My loving, supporting wife is my fashion advisor and we shop together. She is excellent at selecting the correct size, especially in thrift stores.

I have icing flowers on my cake, too - my wife and I wear the same size in everything but shoes, and we borrow from each other with permission.

Jadeanne

Jesse69
07-04-2005, 07:35 PM
5-I can shop for all my femme clothes including intimates and not think twice about it. If you really want something you will buy it, no matter what.

I'm a 5. I shop for everything everywhere. But people call me a nerd for doing it. I have no girlfriend or wife. When I pay I try to go to the cashier when there's no line.

I'm a closet crossdressor but people know I crossdress because I buy too many womens clothes. Sometime they think I'm buying for a girlfriend or wife since I buy size 4 to 8 clothes. I can fit a range of size 2 to 12, but size 8 is my favorite though I can fit some size 4 & 6's.

CharleneCD
07-04-2005, 07:49 PM
An easy 5 with iceing. Both me and Bunny love to shop together. At first we would act as if buying for a friend or daughter, now we openly shop for both of us.

JoAnnDallas
07-04-2005, 07:53 PM
I am a 4, since I can always say I'm buying a present for my wife.

emmicd
07-04-2005, 09:09 PM
I do admit that I do also buy nice clothes for my wife. I feel I have pretty good taste and enjoy the shopping experience. I feel a rush of emotion whenever I walk past the women's department.

Did I say walk past the women's department. On the contrary I always walk into the women's department. I never walk past it! When I see all the sexy lingerie I just feel drawn into it. And all those beautiful dresses. I could spend hours looking at all the beautiful dresses. I just feel like a girl who loves to shop!

I wish I was talented enough to design feminine clothing. One girl who is a member and posts occasionally, I am very impressed with because she actually sews her own clothing. That's Amazing!

Always looking forward to my next femme outfit and putting on something pretty and feminine!

Emmi

Sharon
07-04-2005, 10:03 PM

I do much of my shopping in stores, but I'd be lying if I claimed that I don't think twice about it. I still act a bit nervous and continually look over my shoulders to see if anyone is paying any particular notice of me.

Pip
07-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Being married I've been told to get things for my wife at the store for years. Even then I felt a little uncomfortable with it.

So, now that I'm buying for myself (not that I've bought much yet) I have that little uneasy feeling. But I am working towards a 5 with icing. I can't wait to go shopping with my wife to get nice things for both of us.

By the way, I heard someone else mention this on another thread but I've decided I'm going to get all of my cosmetics at my local grocery store. They have a pretty good selection and....the SELF CHECKOUT LANE! So as long as I can work up the nerve to look and select what I want, paying for it is a snap with no explanation needed.

Pip

JoAnnDallas
07-04-2005, 10:13 PM
PIP.... Not only Comestics but pantyhose and other female items are now sold at grocery stores.

Billi49504
07-04-2005, 10:35 PM
I'm a 5. I don't have a problem shopping for mself or for the wife. She has also told the sales girls that something is for me. I usually wear LB stretch jeans, they know the stitching on the pockets. Ain't no doubt!!!Billi

emmicd
07-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Thanks Ricki B Good!

I'm trying to think of relevant questions that seem fun to answer. Thanks for your comments!

Emmi

JenniferPaul
07-04-2005, 11:45 PM
If I shop en femme, which I prefer, I am a 5. If I am in drab then its usually a 4. Rarely buy anything through a catalog. Like to try things on. If in drab I will only get thinks I fairly sure will fit.

Jennifer

Clare
07-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Defnately a five.

To start with, i have always accompanied my wife into all womens clothing stores and now its second nature to me to enter them.

On the rare occassions i'm asked, i have set responses to awkward questions and never get flustered or embarressed.

Christine

Stephanie Mancini
07-05-2005, 12:03 AM
A five with double helpings of icing on the cake

Steph

Annabel Girlie
07-05-2005, 02:21 AM
I'm a 4. I love trying things on in shops.

Wife hates me dressing, so no chance of progressing to a perfect 5!

NICOLETV
07-05-2005, 02:27 AM
I'm A 5 Also,i Have No Reserves To Shopping And Buying Clothes For Myself,and If They Ask I Tell Them They Are For Me.

MissChrissy
07-05-2005, 02:29 AM
By the way, I heard someone else mention this on another thread but I've decided I'm going to get all of my cosmetics at my local grocery store. They have a pretty good selection and....the SELF CHECKOUT LANE! So as long as I can work up the nerve to look and select what I want, paying for it is a snap with no explanation needed.

Pip

Ha, funny about buying makeup at the grocery store. When I go to my local pharmacy, I have to walk right down miles of isles full of makeup to get my prescription. I always want to stop and look around, but never do. The other day there was a young woman looking at stuff there and I suddenly imagined myself going up to her and asking if she'd buy me some stuff... The image reminded me of some 16 year old kid outside the liquor store looking for someone to buy him beer! Doh!

Mandy Salamander
07-05-2005, 02:47 AM
no wife, no girlfriend, just lil ol' me,..but a 5 fer sher, will shop for anything, anytime,anywhere, even ask questions, use fitting rooms? got in my size??? en femme, or in drabs,...but do shop online often, cuz i'm lazy,

Cindy K
07-05-2005, 03:48 AM
I am one of the lucky few, 5 with the icing on.

pantylover1
07-05-2005, 06:29 AM
I too am a 5 however I still need help with choosing the correct make up, but were working on it

Bernice P :)

Wendy me
07-05-2005, 06:52 AM
As a cross dresser in order to wear your favorite clothes you usually have to buy them on your own or if you're lucky enough your wife or girlfriend will assist you when you treat her to some nice outfits.

What is your degree of comfort in shopping for femme clothes on a scale of 1 to 5?

5-I can shop for all my femme clothes including intimates and not think twice about it. If you really want something you will buy it, no matter what

i am a 5 sadly no icing . but if i want something no probleme...i see it i want it i buy it ....and we don't do pushy or rude sales people.....if i encounter them ....let them know that i am here to shop ......yes thay are for me ..... :)

Gemma
07-05-2005, 06:53 AM
I too am a 5, I go shopping with my Sam, but before we met I was just bordering on a 5, just had a few drinks before I ventured into a shop

Crystal Harmony
07-05-2005, 08:06 AM
5 :D

Katie Ashe
07-05-2005, 09:14 AM
I'm between 4 and 5. I buy all my own stuff and love it. I only hate shopping when the teen girls are around, they make me feel like "your a sex offender" aren't you, pervert...

Katie

Krystal Lee
07-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Definitely a five but usually more nervous when dressed. Could be I just don't get out dressed enough? I will work on that! Hugs Krystal.

Adrianne
07-05-2005, 11:22 AM

2-I'd like to shop but am not comfortable. If I need clothes I order by catalog.

3-I shop occasionally for packaged stockings/pantyhose and panties at the supermarket when I go grocery shopping. If I need other femme clothes I shop by catalog.

4-I can shop for some femme clothes like pants and shirts/blouses but find it difficult to buy intimates or dresses. I order those items by catalog.

5 (with the icing on the cake)-Not only can I shop for all my femme clothes but I have my wife/girlfriend assist me when I shop. I have the best of both worlds.

Emmi

I am a 5 as i buy all my clothes and underwear.

Adrianne

Deidra Cowen
07-05-2005, 11:26 AM
A shaky 5. :eek: I go out and buy my own stuff...and do in enfemme. But i get nervous as hell when i have to talk to the sales clerks. Thats why I espeically love Thrift Stores. (No salespeople to put up with and you can try on cloths in unisex dressing rooms).

I will say the MAC store here in atlanta gets so many Tgirls and they are so friendly that I don't get nervous there. I will say 2 GGs in the store had looks of shock on their faces when I spoke up and told the sales girl what I needed. :D

Laura Jane
07-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Emmicd, are you setting yourself up as the new Kinsey?

I thought until recently I couldn't ever buy clothes for 'my' Laura. Then I bought a blouse in M&S on a quite evening after having bought other 'drab' stuff. Last night I was in Debenhams browsing racks with loads of GG's buzzing about and then took 4 tops to the large queue at the Till and didn't bat an eyelid. I'm sure some of the GG's didn't give a seconds thought to what I was doing shoping there, much like I wouldn't think anything of seeing a GG shopping in a mens department. But I did get a few looks, but unless I 'cracked' , it would leave them guessing.

I suppose holding a summer dress up against me, did rather give the game away to those who saw! The one department I couldn't hang around too much in, was the Lingerie department, but some of the gear on offer that looked a million dollars on the mannequins, but wouldn't do the job required!

I did buy two perfect tops to go with stuff I have (pics soon!) but one of the top is too small (the dearest one as well!), but all the more incentive to diet

DonnaT
07-05-2005, 02:35 PM
5 My wife has assisted me, but she really has a hard time with it still.

Rachel_740
07-05-2005, 02:54 PM
I think I'm a 5++++ (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10750), but then if I wasn't I'd have a bit of a problem.

Anne

eileen1969
07-05-2005, 04:43 PM
I am very comfortable in shopping for all my fem stuff!~ may I be decked out or not! I love being a girl!~ lots of love Ronxxxooo :cool: :p ;)

Katrina
07-05-2005, 04:45 PM
I'm a 5 also. I have pretty much no trouble shopping for myself. I have tried on things in a couple of stores - even when I had to ask for assistance. It was great!

Maddie Knight
07-05-2005, 05:32 PM

When I go out shopping my fiance usualy comes with me.

I never have a problem buying things but I need to feel like my look is perfect for me to feel comfortable. This can take time as I'm very fussy.

ToxicDisneyGoddess
07-05-2005, 05:36 PM
I Am a 5 eexcept the whole wife or gf thing, but my boyfreind takes me shopping and i go enfem so :D how exciteing is that

Julie
07-05-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm at #5 because i no longer have a wife (although we had shopped together) and it's too soon after the split to have a GF. I need a relationship break.

tifftg
07-05-2005, 10:30 PM
When I am traveling out of town, I am a 5. I no longer care about what people who don't know me think. My wife doesn't know so no icing for this cake. In town I am a little more discrete, less about the store clerks but being seen with a Victoria Secret or MAC bag at the local mall by people I know. This girl loves to shop. :) :Power:

emmicd
07-05-2005, 10:43 PM
I think there are a lot of shy cross dressers not replying as it seems everyone posting is between a 4 to 5 with some lucky enough to have their wife or girl friends support.

I am also with most of you girls between a 4 and a 5.

I would love to walk in to a woman's boutique some time and ask for help in trying on some femme outfits and be accepted.

Have any girls had a pleasurable experience in literally trying on dresses at a womans boutique and got good advice?

Emmi

Sindy
07-05-2005, 11:31 PM
I would have to say I am between a 4 and 5. I like to shop(it's the only way to get new things) but I do get very nervous. I feel as if all eyes are on me. Sometimes, I'll look around for a bit and just leave and come back later and when I do buy stuff it's very quick. I get my size, hide as much as I can in my arms, then run to the register, pay and like a gazelle, I am back at the car.

Sabrina1575
07-06-2005, 12:06 AM
I would have to say that I'm a 5, but still aways very nervous. I do use the dressing rooms and when they ask mention that it is for me not someone else. I'm working on not getting soo nervous.

Sabrina

emmicd
07-06-2005, 06:12 AM
To progress to a 5 comes down to how often you shop. The more you do it the easier it gets!

But trying on dresses is not so easy!

Emmi

RhondaLynn
07-06-2005, 06:52 AM
I've managed to work my way to a solid 4 over time. I have no problem walking into lingerie departments & shopping with other women. Being a lover of both women and womens intimate wear, I find it interesting to mingle w/ them as they shop, knowing that when they get home, they'll have those items against their skin too, and they'll enjoy them as much as I will enjoy the items I select.
I've shopped w/ my SO before, but she mostly dislikes it. She tolerates my activities & has occasionaly joined in, but mostly, she dislikes it. However, if we're out shopping together & i see something in a lingerie dept. as we walk through, I have no problem with stopping to purchase it. She merely walks away, preparing herself for the inevitable argument later. Oh well.
As I stated in a thread I started earlier, an interesting turn of events happened Tuesday evening when my SO 'outted me' per se, to one of her GG friends. It went totally wrong for her. Her friend absolutely loved my clothing collection, tried on skirts & blouses for an hour, selected a handfull of items she wanted to 'borrow for awhile', said repeatedly that I have really good taste in clothes, which totally surprised her. She said she'd be back, and we'd pursue this joint venture into sharing wardrobes further. For this time, I can definitely say that being 'outed' was A GOOD THING INDEED !!!.

So to sum it up, this potential venture would definitely make me a 5. And I love to shop online as well - (i collect the photos of the clothes from the websites - they make pleasant slide shows for calmer times).

Mn.Marilyn
07-06-2005, 07:02 AM
I now am a 5 it was hard at one time but now when I see something I want I buy it. Don't care what anyone thinks.

Angela Burke
07-06-2005, 08:17 AM
shop assistants really couldn't be bothered who your'e buying for, they've got enough problems of their own, but i've found if you have any problems (sizes, trying on, makeup etc.) most will be only to glad to help.

thank goodness !

Billie Jean
09-20-2005, 11:27 PM
I'm a 4 1/2. I have no problem buying dresses or underwear in stores where I'm not known. I have even bought shoes in walmart and the cashier never batted an eye while checking me out. The one thing I've never done is ak for help when buying makeup.

Leilani68
09-21-2005, 08:11 PM
I am definately a "5" on the scale, my wife and I always go shopping together.
I also shop on my own as well, no biggy.... :D

ronna
09-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Three.
As much as I would enjoy going on a spree, it is easier to shop online.
An online spree, I mean!

insearchofme
09-21-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm a 4 1/2 to 5 depending on where I shop. My wife has gotten a lot of new things lately, too bad they're a bit too big for her, giggle. there is one consignment shop near my whose owner is just great and in there I'm a 5+

dana

Corin
09-21-2005, 08:41 PM

So, for a little bit of fun:

2 years ago - 1
1 year ago - 2, my girlfriend helped me out here at first
3 months ago - 3, I bought stockings w/o my girlfriend there so I could suprise her :)
now - somewhere on my way to 4, I am working up to it, I "shop" in the womens sections when alone, but I havent actually bought anything without the cover of my girlfriend.

Amelia Moxon
09-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Defiantly a big five for this one, I can shop for anything with confidence (I used to get a bit embarrassed but not anymore. :D

Hugs
Michelle xxx

Joanne08
09-22-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm a five because if I want it I'll buy it. There are several CD friendly store in my area so it's really no problem to buy lingerie or shoes. Make up is a little more intimadating ask for help but it is not hard to make purchases. Clothes buying in a department store can be hardest if there are a lot of other women shoppers. But I have no problem making clothing purchases for my wife so who's to know if I'm making a purchase for myself. Unfortunately my wife would not ever accept my crossdressing so I have no icing on the cake. :(

GiniGirl
09-22-2005, 03:59 PM
I LOVE to shop for lingerie and pantyhose. I do it with total comfort and confidence. I'm always "tickled pink" when I can engage the sales gals in a conversation about the styles of bras and pantyhose I'm thinking about purchasing.

Lauren_T
09-22-2005, 04:07 PM
5 - I do avoid going during sales or other peak times, but if it's not crowded, I'll shop for (almost) anything...

This is my Final Frontier:

MonikaW
09-22-2005, 04:25 PM
I would say that I am also a 5+. Though I don't currently have an SO, I have gone out shopping with GG friends. Also, the vast majority of the time I shop, I shop dressed. I feel very comfortable being out and about as Monika and never have any problems.

Kimberly
09-22-2005, 04:36 PM
4, honey! :)

That will change soon! xx

Sally Gray
09-22-2005, 04:46 PM
5 for me..even though everything I buy is done in male mode. Hopefully not for long!

Once or twice my wife has been with me.

I have to say I nearly didn't today..I felt a bit uneasy with a security guard on patrol. He moved off and I got what I wanted!! - Having re read it sounds like I was stealing! I can assure you I wasn't..my credit card hides no secrets!

Sally...xx

Alix is my name
09-22-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm probably a 5, but I don't go if it's too over-crowded, but if I like something I buy it! I shop at this local target, and they've been pretty nice to me, considered the fact that I buy my things while in male mode. I always get big smiles from the employees when they see me with the stuff in my hand, and a couple of employees actually asked if I needed any help when I couldn't make up my mind on a couple of clothing issues and one actually complimented me for being is brave!

Jessicafreed
10-11-2005, 10:37 PM
My shopping comfort level is definitely a five. I have no problem shopping for skirts, lingerie, or shoes. I am not embarrassed to try the clothes on at the store so I won't have to return them if they don't fit or don't look good on me. I love getting advice and compliments from the salesgirls when they offer.

Shannon
10-11-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm a 5. Often, I'll check out a store's catalog or website first, to get a few ideas. Then I go to the store, browse, and enjoy my shopping trip...and usually spend two or three times what I planned!

Deborah
10-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Not to long ago i was a 1. With support and advise from people here for the past month i've been a 5. TY all.

Tracy Lynn
10-11-2005, 11:44 PM
5(With Icing)

Lauren_T
10-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Monday, dressed in my 'androgyne uniform' of Capris, a semisheer frilly top and strappy 2" wedges (I haven't yet quite had the nerve to carry a bag) I went with my GG friend to Dillard's, and as always, I had to pass by the Chanel counter.
This time, a very sexy, yet non-intimidating type was working the counter by herself, and as she was showing something to a customer on the other side, I gave in to temptation and went up to inspect the lipsticks, as I have heard about how sinfully posh they are, and I already know how fine they look...
Well, as luck would have it, there I am with 2 lipstick testers in my hand, comparing shades, and she comes around the corner to ask "Hi, is there anything in particular you'd like to see?" I had a split second to either (a) replace the testers and bow out with some mumbled variation on 'No, thank you,' or (b) do what I've been wanting to do for a long time - "Yes, I'm just trying to decide between these shades..." "For a gift...?" "No, for me." I was shocked to hear those words come out of my mouth, but she acted like it was an everyday thing.
"OK, well, if you need any help, just let me know." Gawd, this was easy! So I looked at a few more just to be sure, but I came back to my first choice, Aqualumiére in Barbados, a dreamy rose-ish mauve. Ah, the Hell with it! In for a penny, in for $22 + tax! Her customer had moved on so I called her, "Hi, let me pay you for this." "All right, I'll take you around here." As she got the little box and wrapped it, I thought of what an ass I was for putting this off - no one was watching, the - clerk, I guess you'd call her - acted no differently than if I had been a GG... it was as uneventful as buying L'Oréal in Walgreens - just six times as expensive! :eek: :p
I couldn't wait to try it, so I went back out to the car and tried it on - and damn if it wasn't true, it rilly does feel (and of course, look) ab fab! But at this price, I'm not gonna be buying any more until my income has a strong upturn...!:(

But then again, there is that ultrayummy Dior Addict Plastic Gloss, and I hear tell it's rilly a treat...:cool:

Anyway, I've finally broken that barrier, so the next one is, can I muster the courage to hit the Prescriptives counter and find the right foundation? I mean - having my face painted - in public??? Somehow, now, it's not quite as scary!

JocelynG
10-11-2005, 11:57 PM
I guess I missed this one. I used to be a 1 but have gradually moved up to the point that I am definitely a 5 now

pedebra
10-12-2005, 07:07 AM
I would say that I am a 5. Shopping for ie is absolutely no problem. I have tried on jeans and shoes before buying. I have yet to try on dresses but I will have to overcome that. My next big hurdle will be cosmetics since I will have to ask for help in determining what shades will work best with my skin color.
Debra

SheilaTV
10-12-2005, 07:14 AM
My comfort level in shopping is 6.

I love it and make me feel wonderfuil!:)

Emma Brownings
10-12-2005, 07:23 AM
Hi all,

Not sure if I fit any of these categories as I have never really bought femme things on my own (except online). However I often buy things when my wife and are are out together so does that mean I have the cake without the icing, the icing without the cake or neither of these.

Whatever, I am very lucky to have such an understanding shopping partner.

KatieZ
10-12-2005, 04:17 PM
5- When I was married I was the big 5 as we shopped together for both of us, But since I'm no longer married I'm just the regular 5 I guess. I don't much care what people thing when I'm buying things. If a cashier asks I tell them it's for me. I wear panthose under jeans if I'm shopping for shoes so I can try them on in the store. I haven't yet tried on skirts or dresses in dept stores but I do regularly try on things at goodwill.

Hugs

jessi girl
10-13-2005, 09:11 AM
i am in the same situation as ricki. about 5 1/2. i own my own home, live alone, relativly single. if i want something, i just go get it. my gg cousin goes with me at times. "yes, this would look great on you" or "nah, thats not you". at the checkout. i find the prettiest girl i can.i dont get embarressed. as a male i am told that i am very good looking.the checkout girls gimme that look, but nothing has ever bin said to me. they look at me as"man you would look hot in this" or the look of envy.

Jamie M
10-13-2005, 09:28 AM
I would have to say 5 bordering on the 5+ . Kelly has started helping me buy stuff in shops telling me what looks nice and would suit me.

Although I would say that I am probably sliding down the scale a bit as a grow older. Maybe it was just the brashness of youth that pushed me on but i used to be able to shop for literally anything whether drab or femme. At times i even confess to getting a little kick out of making a scene .

Glad to say that i've matured a bit now. Although the last time i went shopping for wigs it was at an ordinary hairdresser and just walked in off the street whilst drab. They couldn't have been more helpful.

Jennifer5400
10-13-2005, 10:37 AM
Definitely a 5. If you act like you belong there, I have never been second glanced - even in the lingerie department.

Jenn

Denise01
10-13-2005, 01:21 PM
I think I would be a 5 Also.

Like a lot of yu girls at first I was very nervous about even buying panties or panty hose, but over the last year my confidence has grown to the point, where I shop for what ever i kneed, and also do not think twice about asking to try a skirt on in the store, especially if it is a distance away and too far to return it if not the right size

Denise

Anima-87-388
10-13-2005, 04:05 PM
I'd say I am a 5:) .I also have my mom come with me sometimes. I used to be a little nervous when the stores were crowded but now I think I can go in and do my shopping even if i'm all by myself :p .

urban gypsy
10-13-2005, 06:28 PM
I would say a 5 with icing especially at sale time she becomes worse than Joanna but we have fun.

Daphne Renee
10-13-2005, 06:41 PM
hmmm hard to say.. a 4 maybe?? I dont really have a problem buying clothes but I dont normally buy clothes for myself. I am not sure I could try on clothes at a store .. I buy makeup and clothes and that quite often but its normally for my wife..

DonnaT
10-13-2005, 06:54 PM
5 plus = trying on in the shop.

jamie_44
10-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Definitely a solid 5.:)

Kaitlyn Michele
10-13-2005, 07:39 PM
combo answer here...

if i know i am dressing soon 5 or 4..

if not, i get nervous has hell..it also matters how much $$ is an issue..if you cant afford to make a bad choice, shopping is ALOT harder...

2 nites ago i brought the flyer with daisy fuentes in a green suede skirt and a the sexiest sweater, some animal print mules..you get the picture...i handed it to saleslady and said my wife loves this outfit!!!! and she walked me around 10 minutes later i had the outfit...cant wear it till tuesday!!!!!!!! arggghhh

i bet this is a VERY self selecting poll...i bet there are tons of girls out there who dont post at all that are wishing they could shop and also tons of girls who are 1/2/3 who arent answering the question because its not as fun to post

i have shopped for everything...i do get nervous but at this point i always say its for my wife...i also spent 200 bucks at lancome in our lord and taylor...
what a laugh the 2 women there were fawning all over me saying they wish they were my wife blah blah...given my problems with wife now knowing they may get a chance!!!!

anyway just my 2 cents

Bonnie D
10-13-2005, 08:19 PM
2 1/2 - I buy a lot of my clothes and stuff on-line. I occassionally buy a dress or blouse in a Thrift store and I've recently bought most of my make up at a Drugstore (separate counter, had a list, said it was for my daughter).
Some of my skirts, stockings, panties and my breasts I bought in store for cds in another city. So I'm all over the place. Wife doesn't know. Never touch my wife's or daughter's clothes.

Bonnie

Deana_CD
10-13-2005, 08:40 PM
I guess I'm lucky enough to be comfortable at the 5 level. I've been dressing long enough that I no longer suffer from the embarresment or whatever people choose to call it that keeps them from being comfortable with who they are.

Tracy Lynn
10-14-2005, 08:23 AM
5(With Icing)

Last night my wife and I went shopping and she picked out 2 new pairs of panties for me. It just keeps getting better. Thanks girls.

shea
10-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Since I don't have gg yet and I am more closer to no. 2-3. When I see other CD's shop in their own clothes, boy, you girls have pretty much of confidence!

MistyCD
10-14-2005, 11:51 AM
5 for me, the only thing I think about is,....can I afford it?

Hugs Misty:D

Helen MC
10-14-2005, 12:00 PM
I'd be a 3

Jodi
10-14-2005, 12:50 PM
I am a 5+. I have been trying on everything in stores for years. I just tell them I'm shopping for me and may I try it on. Have never been refused, but was told in JC pennys several years ago that I would have to use the men's fitting rooms, which I did do. When shopping for shoes, I wear my pantyhose under my jeans and try on in the store. Never had a problem. I have been especially well treated in some high end designer shoe stores in the NYC area.

Jodi

gennee
10-14-2005, 01:06 PM
I would rate myself a five. I am often the only male in the store or women's section and it does not bother me. I have to order shoes because I have a wide foot (12E). I have a convenient excuse too: I am shopping for something for my wife.

Gennee:)

Charlene Marie
10-14-2005, 11:12 PM
UOTE=JenniferPaul]If I shop en femme, which I prefer, I am a 5. If I am in drab then its usually a 4. Rarely buy anything through a catalog. Like to try things on. If in drab I will only get thinks I fairly sure will fit.

Jennifer[/QUOTE]

I generally buy all my Fem stuff dressed in drab, or I buy through catologues.
I discovered a great trick from another C.D. friend and it works great. It's called " The Note ". I'll write down what I want, the size and color for maybe two or three items. I'll go to the location in the department, look at my note and put a " lost" look on my face. It never fails but some sales girl will ask me
if I need help and she'll show me everything in the store and think nothing of it. I always buy my shes and boots En Femm because I have to try them on.
I been to payless about six times and never had any trouble with anyone.
I love the feeling of shopping as a girl and being treated nicely, but it seldon happens for me.

Robertacd
10-16-2005, 01:49 AM

:)

Joanne_2003
10-19-2005, 03:57 PM
When I started crossdressing I only took my wife's intimates. I slowly evolved where I would buy lingerie for me at Valentine's Day and Christmas, but now I don't care I buy it whenever or wherever I am and My wife actually helps pick out things for me. Usually dresses that are more stylish for my lack of figure!