PDA

View Full Version : Could my best freind from high school....

Marcia Blue
05-18-2009, 09:58 PM
..... also be a CD?
I just returned from a visit with an old friend.
His wife was out picking up clothes for herself, for a special occasion. She called to tell him, (he had the phone on speaker) that she had found a hot pair of red sling backs to finish the outfit. He commented "Do they have a pair in my size?" I laughed out loud at this. Her response was, "I checked and No".

Later it came out that he has "Dressed" for Halloween for many years, and has a bustier, and a size 12 1/2 black pumps along with other clothing to complete the look. He has gone as Mortica Adams, and Marilyn Monroe to name a few characters.

This has really peaked my curiosity.

Should I be looking for an opening to bring the subject up?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Presh GG
05-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi Marcia,
If you are comfortable coming out to your friend , I think you have found a sister.
You really already knew this , didn't you ?
Best of luck and welcome to the forum.

[ I'm pretty new here too.

springtime, gg

Lisa Catherine
05-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Marcia, this DEFINITELY looks like it deserves pursuing, I think you've possibly found a fellow CD'er and potential mentor!! CHECK IT OUT AND GO, SISTER!!!!:hugs::love::drink::daydreaming:

Marcia Blue
05-18-2009, 10:25 PM
I am not sure I am ready to come out to any one. I believe a little self examination is in order.

He will be here for a week starting Memorial Day weekend.

Better start thinking about this self examination thing.

Miranda09
05-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Marcia, play it by ear and see where he's coming from. You might be surprised, or maybe not. In any case you'll spare yourself a potentially awkward situation.:2c:

Karren H
05-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Just ask him what color dress he's wearing to the Memorial day parade? You know... So you both don't wear the same one!!

2B Natasha
05-18-2009, 10:36 PM
LOL I had to laugh a little bit when I read this. One of the ladies on this board, to protect the innocent, went to high school with me. I was a year her senior. Turns out not only did we go to the same high school one year apart. We also grew up in the same neighborhood and now live just a couple of miles apart from one another.

Was it the water?

One of these days we will meet en femme and have a, I hope, a good chuckle.

You just never know whom you are going to meet. Where your going to meet them. And what you will have in common with them. And the best part of a close friend is that you never get tired of them and they never cease to amaze you.

Celeste
05-18-2009, 11:20 PM
I would definitely do some things to find out.When he gets here memorial day,ask him to go shopping for something with you and take a short cut through the ladies clothes section,see how he deals with it.

You can also leave a few of your things lying about,see how he responds.I would just show my interest in small ways and see if he reacts favorably.You don't have to throw something out there incriminating in order to be able to tell.From the clothes you mentioned he had, it sounds like possibly a little more than just Halloween.

Carrie R
05-18-2009, 11:25 PM
LOL I had to laugh a little bit when I read this. One of the ladies on this board, to protect the innocent, went to high school with me. I was a year her senior. Turns out not only did we go to the same high school one year apart. We also grew up in the same neighborhood and now live just a couple of miles apart from one another.

Was it the water?

Who me? I guess I am innocent... :D

Jenny J
05-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Maybe a good way to ease into the conversation is to say that you are considering dressing as a woman for Halloween and ask for some advice. If he readily gives it and is knowledgeable, then you could explore the common bond a little further and more stuff to talk about on the next fishing trip. If he says he only did it once then you could just pass it off as a coincidence.

Hope you've found a new sister.

Jen

:rose2:

2B Natasha
05-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Carrie Honey we'll never be innocent.

5150 Girl
05-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Maybe a good way to ease into the conversation is to say that you are considering dressing as a woman for Halloween and ask for some advice. If he readily gives it and is knowledgeable, then you could explore the common bond a little further and more stuff to talk about on the next fishing trip. If he says he only did it once then you could just pass it off as a coincidence.

Hope you've found a new sister.

Jen

:rose2:

I was just about to mention that....

DonnaT
05-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Marcia, when he visits, ask him if he's ever considered going out enfemme other than Halloween.

JulieC
05-19-2009, 11:28 AM
..... also be a CD?
I just returned from a visit with an old friend. ...

This has really peaked my curiosity.

Should I be looking for an opening to bring the subject up?

Inquiring minds want to know.

It would be fun if there was a thread down the way titled "I accidentally outed myself to my friend" wherein a sister told of blurting out to his wife a question about whether there was a slingback in size 12.5.

Oh well :)

linnea
05-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Is he a good friend? If yes, then bring it up. You might be pleasantly surprised--of course, use discretion when you bring it up.

trisha59
05-19-2009, 05:36 PM
This is a tricky path you are on. Remember the CDer prime directive about never outing a sister.

Bobbi Lynn
05-19-2009, 08:41 PM
If he/she is a CDer, make sure to get them to sign up for Cross Dressers.com!

KandisTX
05-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Just ask him what color dress he's wearing to the Memorial day parade? You know... So you both don't wear the same one!!

God, this is why I LOVE KARREN HUTTON!!!!!!! She always knows the perfect thing to say.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Christina Horton
05-19-2009, 10:08 PM

Was it the water?

You just never know whom you are going to meet. Where your going to meet them. And what you will have in common with them. And the best part of a close friend is that you never get tired of them and they never cease to amaze you.

Ya I found a Girl here Roberta M , she and I went to the same school about 5 or 6 years apart , and we live about 10 mins away now how weird is that EH. She even heard of my sister. They both Knew Pamela Anderson when she went there . Oops I am not supposed to out another sister. Well Pam will come out some day LOL.

My advice just sit him down and tell him "ever since I heard you talking to your wife about dressing up for Halloween I wanted to tell you that I crossdress all the time"( or how ever much you do)"and we wondering if you do outside Halloween?" Be honest with him < he will respect you more for it. I think any way. Well that's just my :2c:

Marcia Blue
05-19-2009, 10:52 PM
I want to thank all of the girls who replied with wit and wisdom.

I am still, not sure what to do, so I will just wait and see how things feel.

A bit more information to the story. We live a great distance apart, our wifes are best friends, and we are Godparents to their son. I really do not want to upset the apple cart and ruin a great relationship.

Teri Jean
05-19-2009, 10:59 PM
I like the idea of mentioning about halloween and if the conversation is moving forward then ask if he could help you pick out something for you as well. Of course Karren's idea has some fun in it also. You don't want to clash or wear the same thing. LOL Good luck

Keli

Joann0830
05-19-2009, 11:24 PM
I believe that you could nicely have a one on one conversation over a cup of coffee and explain that you overheard the cell phone conversation by accident and that you came to him direct, just in case his wife might have seen you there and was worried and state that you would keep it private, he might open up to you whereas you will be able to explain to him about yourself
My greatest meeting happened here when I was giving legal advice and the next time I logged on I had a message from one of the Ladies here who inquired where I had obtained my knowlege in Law and when I had explained to her, she had came forward and stated that she would like to talk privately. I gave her my email address and found out that we knew each other from our working professions and had so much in common. I also met another charming young Lady from the UK who was also formerly in my line of work. We now all are friends here and correspond frequently, Another Great Meeting for me. Joann0830:battingeyelashes::heehee::love: