PDA

View Full Version : Padded or natural?

linnea
05-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Today I went out wearing a sundress (just panties underneath--no bra--wig, earrings, sandals, and light make-up). I drove to a park, found a picnic table, and read my book there for two hours. Several other people came into the area; it was a hot, beautiful day.
I felt so good and natural. For a long time I have really tried to shape myself to an ideal, but I think that my "ideal" image was not only hot and cumbersome but also a way of presenting myself that made me feel more self-conscious rather than less.
Today, I felt very natural and very good.
I think that this is a step in a very right direction for me.
[I did this on the suggestion of the GG from whom I've been getting facial treatments. My shape problems are not uncommon among the girls in this community--broad shoulders, narrow hips. However, I have been developing some natural breast (or so I think) on top of fleshy breasts that I've had most of my life and in a sun dress (it was 85 F here yesterday and clear) that's drawn at the bodice, with my wig and makeup, I certainly felt comfortable! And it was soooo easy: slip into panties and sandals and pull the dress over my head and shake myself into it. My GG friend who has been very supportive and helpful encouraged me to try it. I modelled a different sundress for her and her comments (not that I was dazzling but that I looked fine without the padding that I've usually worn) inspired me to try this. So far, I'm very happy that I did.]

Mollyanne
05-19-2009, 03:22 AM
If it makes you feel natural and have good connotations what could bad???? Good for you girl, GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

Mollyanne

Sonia Greene
05-19-2009, 03:38 AM
linnea........an controversial thread! I have always worn padded hips (though friends don't) ...
But your description of the sensations you had without makes one think....should I do that sometimes?
Maybe I shall give it go!

Sonia

Karren H
05-19-2009, 05:57 AM
If I didn't wear padding I'd look like a guy in a dress!! More like a guy in a dress... And since it got down to freezing here last night... Sun dresses are no where to be found! Lucky for me!!

Sarah...
05-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Natural for me. The only addition I occasionally make is a wig. I'm growing my hair - it's coming along nicely - and so I'm looking forward to ditching the wig soon too. :)

Sarah...

boardpuppy
05-19-2009, 07:27 AM
Hi linnea,

Presently I don't own hip padding and have gone out several times. When shopping and trying on pants, I can tell and I don't have that look, that girlie look. I think if you are confortable and happy in the way you look your presentation as a lady is fine. However, if an individual wants any padding (any where) then they should by all means wear it, I think all the time, IMHO.

Hugs,
Alice

Chari
05-19-2009, 07:52 AM
IMO, you should always dress to be comfortable and confident in who you are - no matter if you are wearing gal or guy clothes, or some of each!

noeleena
05-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Hi .. As its winter here in the south ...i will wear boots a good long skirt . tops & a over jacket most times with out sleves when it gets colder a warm coat . & tights . now i dont have any hair . so when i am out on the public streets & road.s i wear my wig with a bean.e on as its windy as well . oh breasts are mine i pass as a women for my age . in most respects height weight shoes so i am okay . when i am working i don my over alls & work boots or shoes with out my wig. i wear my earings all the time . no male clothes now .
& i am comfortable make up not much now as i really dont need it . just lippy & some perfume
...noeleena...

docrobbysherry
05-19-2009, 10:54 AM
I always wear some sort of pads, ( I have many sizes), unless the outfit is too skimpy. Can't have those pads showing, u know!:o

DonnaT
05-19-2009, 11:03 AM
The only padding I use is for breasts. Sure, I could just wear a bra without the padding, and have since my weight provides some natural padding, but I like my breasts to protrude a little more.

shannonsilk
05-20-2009, 10:44 AM
I haven't ever worn hip pads. They do seem as if they would be warm or hot.
I have tried a corset which does change my proportions, but then what do you wear over it as it shows under most clothes. I could go without breasts but I do seem to enjoy having them. Full Disclosure---With my build I don't have to do a lot.

linnea
05-21-2009, 12:29 AM
I appreciate all the comments. I think that I'll probably go "padded" some of the time, especially when the weather goes back to cooler/wetter as it will in the fall. However, the feeling of wearing just panties under my dress is wonderful; it makes me wish that I had the natural curves to look a lot better that way.

prene
05-21-2009, 04:08 AM
I only use breast forms as padding.
I also use a corset to give me some curves.

Otherwise I would just look like a guy in a dress.

Teresa Macaw
05-21-2009, 05:46 AM
I like pads or padded panties, try to at least make some illusion. Still haven't found the ones I really like. May try some from VS soon. It's all a matter of choice. Teresa

Sally24
05-21-2009, 06:06 AM
I understand your feelings exactly. I know when I first started out the only padding I wore was my breast forms. Now I have added all sorts of padding and foundationwear. My shape is very good in the right outfit, but I get isolated from the clothing and the world with all of this.

For my outing last week I decided to try thigh highs for the first time. Since I didn't have the pantyhose to keep everything nicely in place I just wore panties and my forms. It was just so nice to feel the movement of the dress across me and to be comfortable! I know I will continue to use padding but I am trying to minimize it when I can so that I FEEL as good as I LOOK.

I also discovered that I adore thigh highs! They are just so comfortable and they don't show lines around my waist like pantyhose does. I will definitely be trying to add these to my look more and more.

MissConstrued
05-21-2009, 02:02 PM
I ordered, and tried, a pair of padded panties, but they didn't do enough for my figure to make up for their extreme granny-panty-ness. Not sexy at all. My build is pretty slender anyway, so I'm not aiming for the hourglass figure... more like coed volleyball player.

You don't often see whopper boobs on the athletic girls either. I've found that a pushup bra with some good padding is enough to give me a proportional figure, and I can leave the silicone at home. Oh, that's nice!

I would like to have an underbust corset for some outfits, though... but not in the budget right now.

Cary
05-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Good for you! The only padding I use are breast enhancers.

sissystephanie
05-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Linnea, you are a good looking girl as is! BTW, I have a sister and brother-in-law in Spokane. My daughter went to nursing school there.

I don't wear pads of any kind! I do own a couple of sundresses, but haven't worn them out in public yet. However, I have gone out many times wearing a short skirt and a tank top. If I do say so myself, I have pretty good looking legs and don't mind showing them off. As far as the upper body, my avatar speaks for that. Mind you, I do not wear a wig or makeup when I am out and about. Just a "girly" guy in a skirt! I have been told that I make a pretty good looking girl!!:)

María José
05-21-2009, 03:20 PM
I like natural! I never use padding in my hips and most time I don´t use breast forms.

Kate17
05-21-2009, 09:56 PM
This thread seems to be gravitating toward padded features. I have the typical male build also - no hips or butt. So I went out to a shop in Denver and bought a padded panty. I love it - it really fills me out. I know I paid too much but what the heck. I applaud you for taking this important step - I am trying to get to that point.

Barbara Dugan
05-22-2009, 01:23 AM
I like to go as natural as I can but... I really need some form of breast padding to complement my figure:hugs:

linnea
05-22-2009, 10:35 AM
I also discovered that I adore thigh highs! They are just so comfortable and they don't show lines around my waist like pantyhose does. I will definitely be trying to add these to my look more and more.

I really like thigh-tops too. I like them for the convenience if I have to use the rest room, and I like them for the reason you mentioned. I have been working on my figure, trying to increase my natural bustline and narrow my waist. About all that I can do is lose weight; the down side of that will be that my hips and derriere will get smaller too. I have always, even when I was in my best athletic condition, carried a little extra in the bust.
I've tried so-called natural hormones for my breast (pills and cream), and I think that I've had some positive results, but I would like to be bigger there and even carry a little more padding in the hips and butt.
The padded panties that I've tried in the past don't do too much, but they have okay for me.
I think that I'm going to try a "compression girdle" that concentrates on the waist as I continue my weight-loss efforts.
Thanks for all the wonderful comments and responses.

Teri Jean
05-23-2009, 06:47 AM
Being tall and thin,okay thinner, I have no hips so it is padded and as for breasts they are always a c to d cup unless going to work. I even wear padded panties under my drab clothes at work.

Keli

gillian1968
05-23-2009, 08:01 AM
I notice that wearing a wig makes me hotter than normal. I think that's one more reason I've been experimenting just wearing my own hair out these days...

I've experimented with more or less padding, and I have a pair of bum padded panties (no hip padding) from Sears that are my "lighter wear" ones. If I feel I need more curves I add my bum and hip padded panties from Glamour Boutique - but I find in some clothes they just look lumpy.

Padding has caused issues with me finding sizes lately :) wait, was that skirt looking better with light panties or both? Was that top better in my 38A pushups, my size 7 forms or size 10?

LOL the unique problems we have, eh girls?

-Gillian

linnea
05-23-2009, 10:56 PM
I notice that wearing a wig makes me hotter than normal. I think that's one more reason I've been experimenting just wearing my own hair out these days...

I've experimented with more or less padding, and I have a pair of bum padded panties (no hip padding) from Sears that are my "lighter wear" ones. If I feel I need more curves I add my bum and hip padded panties from Glamour Boutique - but I find in some clothes they just look lumpy.

Padding has caused issues with me finding sizes lately :) wait, was that skirt looking better with light panties or both? Was that top better in my 38A pushups, my size 7 forms or size 10?

LOL the unique problems we have, eh girls?

-Gillian

Oh yes, and I've experimented a great deal too. I would love to have enough hair to grow out and get cut in a feminine style, but alas, I'm too bald to do it.

StephanieC
05-23-2009, 11:47 PM
All natural here

linnea
05-24-2009, 10:39 AM
All natural here

That's my ideal: all natural. So I'll keep working on it.

Barbra_in_Tulsa
05-24-2009, 01:50 PM
I'll add my two cents, I'm an all natural girl, no padding on my hips or breats. I just like to be 'me' in different clothes (and a wig, although I would go without the wig if only I wasn't loosing my hair).

We all have different reasons for doing what we do and loving every moment of it. To pad or not to pad, it's all good and it's all individual. ;)

Diane Elizabeth
05-24-2009, 02:20 PM
I haven't gone out dressed, yet. However I am curious if padding in the butt and hips would make me look better around the house. I have my hair grown out 5 inches so I don't have to wear a wig. Stopped growing. It doesn't seem to get any longer. My bra is stuffed today. Usually I don't wear anything to fill a bra.

linnea
05-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Whatever you're comfortable with, Dylen, that's what you should do. And you might be comfortable with different arrangements at different times and places--very much like choosing clothing styles or a bra style (strapless, for example) for an occasion.
Whether you go out or not, I think that you ought to enjoy all the sensations of the look and the feel. Sometimes, I'm sure, I'll pad up for special circumstances; at other times, especially this summer, I'm going to go with as little padding as possible.
Do whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

RitaCD
05-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Padded always unless I'm wearing my bikini. Padded panties help me present a more feminine butt in a pair of ladies jeans or a skirt.