PDA

View Full Version : Would you come to a GET TOGETHER FUNCTION for all us girls from CD.COM?

Christina Horton
05-19-2009, 10:49 AM
This is just a hypothetical situation And in no way is there a function planed . I was just wondering IF!!!!!!!!

I was writing a response and had a thought. Would (if) some one put together a function for all of us to meet in our respected country would you go? I know I would love to meet you girls. weather in drab or dressed would you. We could do it under the guise of say a business con, or something.

The question is (IF) someone did put it together how many would attend?

Lorileah
05-19-2009, 10:53 AM
If
It was someplace I could get to
It was a time I could attend
I had the finances
Everything aligned correctly
Sure

One thing is "if" it could work out the venue would never be the same again.

C'mon Lotto

docrobbysherry
05-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Given enough notice to work in into my schedule!:brolleyes:

pamela_a
05-19-2009, 11:09 AM
My answer would be the same as Lorileah's. I would love to attend but the if's would all have to be addressed.

-Paula-

Karren H
05-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Party at Christina's place!! So can we make it somewhere they mine coal?? Make it easier for me! Nothing like crossdressing on an expense account!! Lol

Lorileah
05-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Party at Christina's place!! So can we make it somewhere they mine coal?? Make it easier for me! Nothing like crossdressing on an expense account!! Lol

We just have to make sure we all discuss business over drinks and dinner. Just how much coal would I need to run my backyard power plant? And is it the clean coal we are supposed to burn? :)

Amanda Shaft
05-19-2009, 11:40 AM
I can go to places in the UK, so lets make it US or Canada! Anyone going to invite me?
Amanda

Karren H
05-19-2009, 11:43 AM
That would be "efficient and environmentally friendly high btu clean coal". :). So how's Mousie Kentucky work.. Near Garrett? South of Prestonsburg? Easten Kentucky?

Persephone
05-19-2009, 12:14 PM
That would be "efficient and environmentally friendly high btu clean coal". :). So how's Mousie Kentucky work.. Near Garrett? South of Prestonsburg? Easten Kentucky?

Any chance you could take it as business if you examine some other sort of mine?

I'm thinking of the Bisbee copper mine in Bisbee, Arizona. We could examine the huge mine, look around for cool by-products like turquoise, and then dress up in Victorian garb and head for Tombstone, Arizona, only 23 miles away.

Think ladies in corsets, long dresses, and big hats taking over "the town too tough to die."

Those who want can dress as salon girls.

cindym5_04
05-19-2009, 12:22 PM
At this point, being that (1) my wife knows that I post on the forum and chat with some of you lovely ladies, and (2) she's gone to some functions for a message board that she's on, then yes, if something was planned in the DC area, I probably would go.

Joni Marie Cruz
05-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Heck yes, Christina, I'll send you my address by email and you can mail me my tickets. I don't mind sharing a room at all, just let me know where it's at, okay? How many days are we planning on, anyway, at least a full week, right? What a great idea and it's so sweet of you to host. You are such a doll!

Uhh, you are hosting, aren't you? Oh, I'm just kidding around about the hosting part. But I do think it's a great idea. Maybe there could be some sort of annual get together, lots of other places do. It could be on a regional basis with the location changing each year. That way girls who happen to live nearby can attend more easily and girls who have the wherewithal to travel a greater distance can make it, too. Just a thought.

Hugs...Joni Marie

bobi jean
05-19-2009, 12:40 PM
An awful lot of if's to get covered but yes I would, "IF" all of the IF's got covered.

Empress Lainie
05-19-2009, 12:51 PM
IF it was in Las Vegas. Sorry!

Cary
05-19-2009, 12:52 PM
YES! If givin enough time to get my funds in order!

stephaniedoes
05-19-2009, 12:52 PM
on the drop of my drab i'd be there. that sounds like something we should do. hey they put sturgis together...

jennCD
05-19-2009, 01:01 PM
I'd love to,... of course, all those ifs would really make it difficult to give an absolute Yes!!! but it would be really a cool idea.

:)
jenn

ChanDelle
05-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Sure, if the "ifs" converged...

ChanDelle

Alice Torn
05-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Roger Whitaker sang, a song- "I don't believe in IF anymore-IF's an illusion."

gender_blender
05-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Nope.

Sarah...
05-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Obviously with members in the USA and members in Australia and the Far East we need somewhere in the middle. So Inverness, UK would be just right I suspect.

*Thinks* Now, a cosy wee hotel for a few thousand, a resaurant, some clubs, some shops, some wide outdoors - yep. Check all that. See you soon :)

Sarah xxx

ps I know some TG friendly Post Offices so form an orderly queue and get your postcard stamps here :)

RobertaM
05-19-2009, 01:32 PM
It may me easier to pick an already existing transgender convention and plan a meet around that.

AS an example: www.espritconf.com or the vegas one.

This is a one held in the PNW , near seatlle, and Vancouver.

I really want to go to this one. hint hint.

Dita_B
05-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Did anyone, responding to this thread, check the "upcoming events" forum, elsewhere on this site? There are lots of those events already organized and some are a huge success...

Personally, I am looking forward to attending the Southern Comfort Conference in Atlanta, GA, again in September. Last year there were about 644 of us there and we (this site) had its own 2 large tables reserved and filled. Needless to say we had a blast!

You can look at the pictures, among other spots, in the "out and about" section of this forum... But frankly I thought that by now everyone knew about these events... For this coming event, we've got already some 15 confirmations from members of this site, by last count...

So, Christina, you don't have to organize anything, as they are already organized for you and up and running...

:love:
Dita.

Some of last year's participants from this site...

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/Dita_B/SCC2008184.jpg

Nicole Erin
05-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Depends on the agenda.
If it was just a get together party to hang out, sure.
If it was something where we had to sit around and listen to boring political gender stuff or whatever, I would probably pass.

Noxvictum
05-19-2009, 02:01 PM
If at all possible, heck yeah. Someone said drinks. BYOB or what? :P

Lorileah
05-19-2009, 02:22 PM
So Inverness, UK would be just right I suspect.

Sorry, I don't speak the language :)

DameErrant
05-19-2009, 02:47 PM
YES! Assuming I could make it possible, I would be there with bells on. Literal bells if you wish. Or I could just plain be a Belle, (southern, of course.)

Sarah...
05-19-2009, 02:50 PM

Tha mi duilich! A bheil GĂ*idhlig agaibh? An urrainn dhut bruidhinn nĂ*s maille? Ciamar a chanas tu/sibh "that's a crying shame" ann an GĂ*dhlig?

Sorcha...

Kimberly Marie Kelly
05-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Especially the money "if" and the time "if". :battingeyelashes:

Jilmac
05-19-2009, 03:20 PM
You can count me in Christina. If there were a national event or better yet, an international event I would probably pawn everything I own to get to it. There is a somewhat regional event coming up in June in the Chicago area. It's called Be All, it's a five day event and I plan on attending at least three days there. It will be my first time and I'm really excited about it.:love:

linnea
05-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Any chance you could take it as business if you examine some other sort of mine?

I'm thinking of the Bisbee copper mine in Bisbee, Arizona. We could examine the huge mine, look around for cool by-products like turquoise, and then dress up in Victorian garb and head for Tombstone, Arizona, only 23 miles away.

Think ladies in corsets, long dresses, and big hats taking over "the town too tough to die."

Those who want can dress as salon girls.

If
I had the finances
Sure

This sounds great. I know that there are regional events similar to this, and IF all the factors could fit together, I would definitely attend.

SweetCaroline
05-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Of course, but money's tight for travel very far outside of New England right now.

You are all however invited to join us SISTERS in Boston anytime. :)

Joy Carter
05-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Sure I'd love to. Just as long as it's not a long ways away.:D

Suzy Harrison
05-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Personally, I am looking forward to attending the Southern Comfort Conference in Atlanta, GA, again in September. Last year there were about 644 of us there and we (this site) had its own 2 large tables reserved and filled. Needless to say we had a blast!

So, Christina, you don't have to organize anything, as they are already organized for you and up and running...

Dita.

Dita is right. Last year we almost had enough people for our own mini convention at the SCC in Atlanta.

Who would miss out on the chance to meet up with Dita, Joaan07, Tracey S, MJ, Deja...
.....and that nice girl from Australia..... and that other person from Austin, Texas..... Kimberly Clark - I mean TxKimmie.

So I'm going again this year, since it's just up the road from where I live. (We have long roads over here)

Suzy :hugs:

Carly D.
05-19-2009, 06:46 PM
If
I had the finances
Sure

One thing is "if" it could work out the venue would never be the same again.

C'mon Lotto

I second this unless someone already seconded it then I third in or beyond wherever it might be to...

Christina Horton
05-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Girls if you know of other events send pm's I would love to know . Since I drive truck all over North A I could (IF) I knew where being Christina there by getting a load. A working VA K you might say.

tonya2
05-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Most likely, with the "if's". Like in the western states, perhaps
Vegas would be the spot or even Reno. Needs to be a place with a little excitment so if we get bored there will be things to do. How about Bronson, Mo, never been there but heard it could be fun. Are they friendly there?

Tonya:2c:

anDrea F
05-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Of course I would Christina,just tell me when (with enough time) and ill start walking. lol.:bonk:

savvy_fudge
05-19-2009, 07:38 PM
There's lots of if but I think it would be a lot of fun.

Jonelle
05-19-2009, 08:12 PM
As Lorileah said: "Given the right circumstances"

I would definately attend!!

Kate17
05-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Lots of If's and as was pointed out, there are a lot of planned activities. I always love an opportunity to mingle.

Orlee
05-19-2009, 08:19 PM
I'd love to, but I doubt there are plenty more people from Israel, you're all probably North Americans or British! :P

-Orlee

TxKimberly
05-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Dita is right. Last year we almost had enough people for our own mini convention at the SCC in Atlanta.

Who would miss out on the chance to meet up with Dita, Joaan07, Tracey S, MJ, Deja...
.....and that nice girl from Australia..... and that other person from Austin, Texas..... Kimberly Clark - I mean TxKimmie.

So I'm going again this year, since it's just up the road from where I live. (We have long roads over here)

Suzy :hugs:

Don't forget to bring your safety pins so Dita and I can pin your dress up for you again!

Christina Horton
05-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Don't forget to bring your safety pins so Dita and I can pin your dress up for you again!

Must be an inside joke!

obsessedwithpantyhose
05-19-2009, 09:44 PM
ummm, DIVA LAS VEGAS

Christina Horton
05-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Yeah, it would have to be Vegas......you know what they say.

Ya "what ever happens is Vegas stays in CSI" then goes on U Tube!

joann426
05-19-2009, 09:56 PM
yes that wood be nice to get together but i wood have to save for 5 yearslololol!!!!

Miranda09
05-19-2009, 10:19 PM
I'd go almost anywhere if I knew ahead of time. :)

Christina Horton
05-19-2009, 10:30 PM
I'd go almost anywhere if I knew ahead of time. :)

Sorry I don't know the head of time he's to high up in the top floor of the company for me to know. Hay Try e-mailing him YNK!

harmony
05-19-2009, 11:23 PM
in the earlier days of the internet and such-about 94 or so-there was a chatroom for crossdressers called the pond.i was quite active in it and there were some spirited discussions going on.
one member was from staten island(in the coastguard)and invited all of us to meet.it was a great event with only about 20 people but what i remember the most was how real everyone was.what i mean is that there was little difference between how people came across in a face to face meeting and how i imagined them to be from just chatting on line.
i would love to attend an event where many of us could meet!

TxKimberly
05-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Must be an inside joke!

Sort of! On the night of the big formal dinner, the crocodile hunter . . errr. . .I mean Suzy, didn't show up! Turns out she was having a "wardrobe malfunction" with her gown so Dita and I went to her room and helped. To be more accurate, Dita helped and I heckled.

jennifer easton
05-20-2009, 11:00 AM
yeah yeah, count me in, if were all gona dream, just as well be a good one eeh, and Tonya I think you mean Branson Mo. home of the Bald-nobers and every other burned out celebrity

Christina Horton
05-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Sort of! On the night of the big formal dinner, the crocodile hunter . . errr. . .I mean Suzy, didn't show up! Turns out she was having a "wardrobe malfunction" with her gown so Dita and I went to her room and helped. To be more accurate, Dita helped and I heckled.

Talk about KIKING a girl when she's down. WOW hun your a b&%$#. Bet you thought I wrote something else but I wrote BABIE LOL. got ya.:tongueout

JoAnne Wheeler
05-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Yes, I would come !

JoAnne Wheeler

cara
05-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Absolutely count me in! If 10% of this forums active members attended that could be close to 800 girls. Vegas sounds cool!
Cara

adelle
05-20-2009, 02:57 PM
yes count me in as long as i dont have to fly there, hate flying with a major passion

samantha48328
05-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Yes, It would be great!:love: :hugs::o:battingeyelashes:

cindym5_04
05-20-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm surprised that I haven't heard about any big functions being planned around DC for June- being that it's GLBT Pride Month. I know my firm is recruiting volunteers for the parade, but I'm not going to participate with that. I'm not going to participate because 1) my schedule wouldn't afford me the opportunity when they need the volunteers and 2) I'd have the urge to do it dressed and I don't want to come out to the people here.

TxKimberly
05-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Just struck me I didn't answer the question of the thread. Yes, I'd love to go to a get together for folks from here. Depending on where and when, the question would become "Can i AFFORD to go?"
At SCC last year, it was the group of girls from here that enjoyed hanging out with the most. :-)

Angie G
05-20-2009, 04:38 PM
If it was near enough to drive and I could get the time.:hugs:
Angie

patricia 402
05-20-2009, 04:50 PM
absdamnlutly that would be cool besides i wanted to meet you anyway
your sister patricia:hugs:

Leslie Mary S
05-20-2009, 06:28 PM
We here in the area around Atlanta have monthly meetings. Any of the rest of you are welcome to visit the 'Sigma Epsilon of Atlanta' meeting. Just contact the group for the meeting place.

trannie T
05-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Why not just go to Divas Las Vegas next year. Las Vegas is easy to get to, hotel rooms are abundant and reasonable, the community is tolerant, there is much to do, in the spring the weather is excellent there is nothing not to like.

TSchapes
05-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Did anyone notice this? September 22 Atlanta, be there!

did anyone, responding to this thread, check the "upcoming events" forum, elsewhere on this site? There are lots of those events already organized and some are a huge success...

Personally, i am looking forward to attending the southern comfort conference in atlanta, ga, again in september. Last year there were about 644 of us there and we (this site) had its own 2 large tables reserved and filled. Needless to say we had a blast!

You can look at the pictures, among other spots, in the "out and about" section of this forum... But frankly i thought that by now everyone knew about these events... For this coming event, we've got already some 15 confirmations from members of this site, by last count...

So, christina, you don't have to organize anything, as they are already organized for you and up and running...

Dita.

Some of last year's participants from this site...

Proves my theory, that all anyone ever does is read the first post of the thread then responds. Why am I talking to myself? I don't know. People continue to talk about a hypothetical meeting, and here we're doing it. I must be on another planet. Planet Tracy...

Dita_B
05-20-2009, 10:20 PM

Proves my theory, that all anyone ever does is read the first post of the thread then responds. Why am I talking to myself? I don't know. People continue to talk about a hypothetical meeting, and here we're doing it. I must be on another planet. Planet Tracy...

Yes, Tracy, it looks like it and you know what? I think you are right...you are living on another planet and I am living there too, together with the 644 other participants of the SCC...

People only hear what they want to hear and in this case, miss out on the BIG opportunity that is already organized for them and a huge success...

However, just in case, for those who really WANT to hear about a great event, I hereby post the links to the SCC and the quote from the post from Joann07:

http://www.sccatl.org/

and the link to the posts from the SCC:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91069&highlight=southern+comfort+conference

YAY!!!! Dita is coming and so is Melissa!!!! :cheer:
This is soooooooo cool!
What a reunion this is going to be.
I can't wait to see everyone again!

Don't you worry Dita, I'll be bringing my Formula 1 Muscle car for part 2 of the test ride. :heehee:

Ok. Here's the latest tally of attendees as of 5/17/09:

1. Tracy Schapes
2. TXKimberly
3. MJ
4. Jon
5. Zelda Rose
6. Joann07
7. Eva Marie
8. ChristineK
9. Wendy Seymone
10. Suzy Harrison
11. Deja
12. Lia
13. LisaM
14. Dita B
15. Melissa I

Maybe's

1. Sally
2. ~Kelly~
3. Joan Merrie

Hugs!

I rest my case...

:love:Dita.

Intertwined
05-20-2009, 10:28 PM

But we need someplace large enough, Anyone know of any available Ice Hockey Rinks? nudge nudge " Karren " :lol:

Looks like I am your Second NO..!

I do not think my wife would be cool with it, I am still trying to get the nerve to ask her about letting me visits LIPS in San Diego on the overnight work is sending me on.:Pray:

Rachel Morley
05-20-2009, 10:31 PM
My wife and I have plans to do SCC sometime, it was going to be last year but in the end we couldn't make it. What with the economy the way it is, we can't do anything this year. :sad:

Dressing Jill
05-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Ok I could drop everything for an event Like that.

TGMarla
05-20-2009, 11:09 PM
I'd love to attend a big function like SCC or a Be-All somewhere. But I'd not likely get it past my wife with her blessings, and money is tight. So it's not likely I'd be able to attend. Sigh....maybe one of these days.

docrobbysherry
05-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Yes, Tracy, it looks like it and you know what? I think you are right...you are living on another planet and I am living there too, together with the 644 other participants of the SCC...

People only hear what they want to hear and in this case, miss out on the BIG opportunity that is already organized for them and a huge success...

However, just in case, for those who really WANT to hear about a great event, I hereby post the links to the SCC and the quote from the post from Joann07:

http://www.sccatl.org/

and the link to the posts from the SCC:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91069&highlight=southern+comfort+conference
I rest my case...
:love:Dita.

Looking at THAT list, I'm VERY tempted to go to Atlanta! :eek:
How do u know all those girls r going? Have they actually booked tickets? Or just said they were going?:brolleyes:

That's a bad time for me, but I MITE sneak down just to meet so many of the girls from HERE!:D

Dita_B
05-21-2009, 12:05 AM
How do u know all those girls r going? Have they actually booked tickets? Or just said they were going?:brolleyes:

That's a bad time for me, but I MITE sneak down just to meet so many of the girls from HERE!:D

Hello Doc... Long time, no see...

For what concerns the commitment of all those girls? If you read the thread back, started by TShapes, you'll read for yourself whether or not they have committed and how. Some have and some not yet. But, judging from last year, the ones that commit, are not the flaky ones, I expect every single one of those that are on the list, to appear in Atlanta... Why? Because they wouldn't dream of missing this event...

Here's the link to that thread from Tracy:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104243

I, for myself, wait until a little later to commit to my flight and hotel booking, as I expect the prices to come down quite a bit during the summer. But I AM committed to go, because I wouldn't want to miss it for the world! And I am sure that most of the girls who go there once, are hooked, you included... So realize what you are getting yourself into, before you take the plunge...

See you there, doc!

Dita.

Here's the group from Crossdressers.com from last year at the SCC: (I am the third from the right, standing in the back row...)

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/Dita_B/SCC2008201-1.jpg

5150 Girl
05-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Well,, IF you held it within a 50 mile radious of me, I'd go and not think twice

TSchapes
05-21-2009, 12:50 AM

I've registered for the conference and booked my room. Once it is closer to the event I will book my flight and make arrangements for a car.

-Tracy

TxKimberly
05-21-2009, 09:57 AM
I've registered for the conference and booked my room. Once it is closer to the event I will book my flight and make arrangements for a car.

-Tracy

PSSSSTT. . . . flights are usually cheaper if you book them earlier. Don't wait too long. . .

Dita_B
05-21-2009, 10:10 AM
PSSSSTT. . . . flights are usually cheaper if you book them earlier. Don't wait too long. . .

Pssst... Kim, I don't think so, especially in this economy... I'm waiting until probably the end of June with my bookings...

Did you try and look at Hotwire.com? They have the best flight (and hotel) prices .... ever!

http://www.hotwire.com/

But don't take my word for it... ask that girl from down under, she booked a flight half around the world through them!

But promise me not to tell anyone, it will be our little secret!

Dita.

PretzelGirl
05-21-2009, 10:31 AM
This is a couple of years old, but I would think a couple of these still apply to getting the best ticket prices.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/12/pf/saving/toptips/index.htm?postversion=2007031215?cnn=yes

Sarah Doepner
05-21-2009, 10:37 AM
I can't commit to a specific function, but would love to get out more often. The problem I have is budget and time, just like everyone else. I manage to get to Diva Las Vegas, but would be hard pressed to make it to Atlanta or the Northeast from my same travel budget. But it looks like CD.com girls are there already.

If you feel like you want to get out with a group from this site, I think you will find them at just about any of the major gatherings. SCC, Gold Rush, DLV and so on, will have members of the forum. The hard part will be finding them. Unless you can get a spot on the agenda you could walk right past someone you only know from posts and an old photo here.

Organizing something like that from scratch is a lot of work and I don't know very many people who would do it, and do it well. They are to be admired and/or paid well for that effort. The Conventions can be very expensive and the more informal shared Vacations take a lot of volunteer time and effort. It may be better for the time being to just try to get some time and space at existing gatherings.

Maybe even a CD.com sticker to put on your name badge would work for informal gatherings.

Ask your organizers to look for ways to make it work and before long, no matter where you go, there you are.

Dita_B
05-21-2009, 11:12 AM
If you feel like you want to get out with a group from this site, I think you will find them at just about any of the major gatherings. SCC, Gold Rush, DLV and so on, will have members of the forum. The hard part will be finding them. Unless you can get a spot on the agenda you could walk right past someone you only know from posts and an old photo here.

Well in the case of the SCC, finding each other has been made easy through the efforts of Joann07 who came with a few very clear "Reserved for members of Crossdressers.com" on two of the dining room tables at the convention hotel.

And further you can link up with others from this site and make arrangements to meet, by contacting those on the attendance list before you leave, which is accessible for all members...

I, for one, had no problem finding the other members of this site at the SCC and I don't think anyone else had...

Dita.

sandra-leigh
05-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Would (if) some one put together a function for all of us to meet in our respected country would you go?

Proves my theory, that all anyone ever does is read the first post of the thread then responds. Why am I talking to myself? I don't know. People continue to talk about a hypothetical meeting, and here we're doing it.

I suggest you get off your high horse and actually read the original posting that you claim that is all anyone reads. I have quoted the relevant portion above. "meet in our respected country" either refers to the country of the original poster (who was from Vancouver BC *Canada*), or was a typo for "respective countries", which would be talking about a set of meetings, one in each country whose members managed to put things together.

I will not be at Be All or Esprit because years ago the United States decided that I was not a welcome visitor in their country. I wasn't officially banned or even warned, but they pulled me in for extended questioning a number of times in a row, afraid that I was there to steal a job. Immigration made it clear at the time that they were unhappy about letting me in; To get through, I had to start carrying a letter from the local head of the government agency I worked for, on official government letterhead, saying "Yes, we know he's visiting his girlfriend in the USA, and Yes he has a real job that we expect him to show up on on Monday." I can't say that I'm particularly inclined to ask him for a clearance letter saying "Yes, we know he's going down to a transgender conference for a few days". Even if I was willing to out myself at work for such a letter, you know the letter would be photocopied and filed by immigration and become part of the official files the US government would keep on me.

The United States has gotten much more paranoid about visitors since then, and I now fall into the class of people who are potentially subject to arbitrary indefinite detention without trial or access to legal representation, if I were to try to visit the USA -- a class that includes everyone who is not a US citizen. The US government already has all of the "proof" that it needs to be certain that I'm an "enemy combatant" -- I once posted a mild criticism of one of George Bush's policies.

I don't mean to side-track this thread into a political rant, but those of you who are saying "The get togethers already exist, just choose any of these ones in the USA" need to realize that at present, the United States is effectively a No Go Zone for any non-US citizen who is even a little "activist" inclined, or whom works for an organization with access to technology that could potentially be harmful to the USA (I could cite a recent news item) -- and if the mood at the border is like it used to be, even for anyone who has the professional qualifications to work in the USA under NAFTA.

Besides, do you realize how many months it takes to get one of those new "enhanced" passports that are now required to enter the USA by air?? Have you read up on the troubles the new "enhanced Visa" programs are causing? Your plane gets delayed by two hours on take-off, you have to file an electronic amendment to your enhanced visa or you *will* be denied entry to the USA... even if their danged web site had crashed again (excuses are not accepted.)

I have friends in the USA, and I have relatives in the USA and I miss them. I'd be very pleased to meet a number of you -- provided the meeting was outside of the USA.

TxKimberly
05-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Pssst... Kim, I don't think so, especially in this economy... I'm waiting until probably the end of June with my bookings...

Did you try and look at Hotwire.com? They have the best flight (and hotel) prices .... ever!

http://www.hotwire.com/

But don't take my word for it... ask that girl from down under, she booked a flight half around the world through them!

But promise me not to tell anyone, it will be our little secret!

Dita.

Psssstt. . . . I didn't have to - I'm flying for free! Us red necked field service engineers tend to rack up a LOT of freaquent flyer miles. :D

TSchapes
05-21-2009, 06:29 PM
I suggest you get off your high horse and actually read the original posting that you claim that is all anyone reads. I have quoted the relevant portion above. "meet in our respected country" either refers to the country of the original poster (who was from Vancouver BC *Canada*), or was a typo for "respective countries", which would be talking about a set of meetings, one in each country whose members managed to put things together.

I will not be at Be All or Esprit because years ago the United States decided that I was not a welcome visitor in their country. I wasn't officially banned or even warned, but they pulled me in for extended questioning a number of times in a row, afraid that I was there to steal a job. Immigration made it clear at the time that they were unhappy about letting me in; To get through, I had to start carrying a letter from the local head of the government agency I worked for, on official government letterhead, saying "Yes, we know he's visiting his girlfriend in the USA, and Yes he has a real job that we expect him to show up on on Monday." I can't say that I'm particularly inclined to ask him for a clearance letter saying "Yes, we know he's going down to a transgender conference for a few days". Even if I was willing to out myself at work for such a letter, you know the letter would be photocopied and filed by immigration and become part of the official files the US government would keep on me.

The United States has gotten much more paranoid about visitors since then, and I now fall into the class of people who are potentially subject to arbitrary indefinite detention without trial or access to legal representation, if I were to try to visit the USA -- a class that includes everyone who is not a US citizen. The US government already has all of the "proof" that it needs to be certain that I'm an "enemy combatant" -- I once posted a mild criticism of one of George Bush's policies.

I don't mean to side-track this thread into a political rant, but those of you who are saying "The get togethers already exist, just choose any of these ones in the USA" need to realize that at present, the United States is effectively a No Go Zone for any non-US citizen who is even a little "activist" inclined, or whom works for an organization with access to technology that could potentially be harmful to the USA (I could cite a recent news item) -- and if the mood at the border is like it used to be, even for anyone who has the professional qualifications to work in the USA under NAFTA.

Besides, do you realize how many months it takes to get one of those new "enhanced" passports that are now required to enter the USA by air?? Have you read up on the troubles the new "enhanced Visa" programs are causing? Your plane gets delayed by two hours on take-off, you have to file an electronic amendment to your enhanced visa or you *will* be denied entry to the USA... even if their danged web site had crashed again (excuses are not accepted.)

I have friends in the USA, and I have relatives in the USA and I miss them. I'd be very pleased to meet a number of you -- provided the meeting was outside of the USA.

Sorry I didn't realize this was such a problem. My wife and I helped put on a Harry Potter convention in Toronto in 2007, and I don't remember having any problems getting in and out of Canada. We spent a lot of money there too, if I remember correctly. I had more problems in the 60's when my hair was long and I was a hippie. Then the Canadian boarder patrol would pull me over and practically give me a strip search. LOL

But you may wish to ask others that went last year and who are going this year to SCC, how to cross into our hostile land:

MJ, and Jon Hamilton, CA
Suzy Harrison Perth, Western Australia
Deja True (a Foreign Country)
Dita B Vancouver B.C.

Maybe there's some tips and tricks they know on how not to get hassled.

Tess I don't want this to be a political thread either.

My complaint with a number of the girls on this board is the whining about how bad they got it, can't do this, wish I could do that. The original post of the thread sounded so forlorn as if meeting girls on this board could never happen, and that we'd have to go to bed and wish upon a star... And then the ensuing posts just sounded like an echo chamber.

I'm just trying to get people wake up, get out, take charge. Life is too short not to do what you want to do! And here is an opportunity to do just that, get together and have a great time! :hugs:

SCC even has a scholarship fund to help those that are tight on money, to get them out to the conference.

Tess, I'd love to meet you and I hope you can find a way to come to SCC.

Love, Tracy :love:

5150 Girl
05-21-2009, 09:28 PM
I just had a thought..............
My little town would be perfect for such a gathering!!!
*We are allwyas trying to attract conventions and tourism, so i'm sure aria hotels and convention centers, and merchants would bend over backward to welcome us.
*We are on I-70, half way between I-71, and I-77
*No big city prices for things
I have some more, but just can't recall right now.....

CD Susan
05-21-2009, 09:47 PM
I would love to attend SCC or Be All but it probably won't happen anytime soon do to my finances. I have met with two members of this site that live close enough to me to be able to drive to. I would love to meet other members from Iowa and Minnesota.

5150 Girl
05-21-2009, 09:50 PM
So,,, what's it cost (on average) to go to SCC and like events (less travel)

Dita_B
05-21-2009, 10:02 PM
So,,, what's it cost (on average) to go to SCC and like events (less travel)

Dear 5150 girl, I left a link to the SCC website on my post just for this purpose.... Scroll up and see for yourself, it is all there...

Hope to see you in Atlanta!

Dita

5150 Girl
05-21-2009, 10:17 PM
And do all such events run about the same price, I guess is where I'm come'n from

Dita_B
05-21-2009, 10:36 PM
But you may wish to ask others that went last year and who are going this year to SCC, how to cross into our hostile land:

MJ, and Jon Hamilton, CA
Suzy Harrison Perth, Western Australia
Deja True (a Foreign Country)
Dita B Vancouver B.C.

Maybe there's some tips and tricks they know on how not to get hassled.

Love, Tracy :love:

Since I am mentioned on the list, as the last one, let me tell you what hoops I have to jump through to get into the US of A...

First of all, I am a citizen of a so called "visa waved" country that is part of the European Union. It means that I need to have a passport that is machine readable, recognizable from the icon on the front that looks like a camera.

Upon application in person at the consulate of my country in Vancouver, it took exactly 3 weeks and some 70 CAD to get it...

On my former trip to the SCC, I wanted to travel all en femme and just to make sure I would not run into difficulties with the US borderguards, I approached them here in the port of Victoria, BC (not in Vancouver, Tracy...), while I was dressed en femme. The female borderguard I talked to said that, since I am not a Canadian citizen, they have the obligation to photograph and finger print me upon wanting to cross the border... They than issue me a green card that is valid for 3 months and within those 3 months, I can travel into the US without having to be photographed and finger printed...

Upon me explaining that, if I would present myself en femme, I would obviously look much different than on my passport photograph, she said that in the worst possible scenario, they would ask me to take off my wig and remove some makeup in order for them to produce a picture that would at least be kind of similar to that on my passport... When I told her that it takes me 2 hours to put all that makeup up, she had to smile and said that this was the worst possible scenario...

However, hearing this all, I decided to travel to Seattle in drab and get a motel room there for a few hours to change and than to proceed my trip from there en femme...

To make things even more secure, I got a pre-authorization for my trip from ESTA, a department of Homeland Security, that does a pre-check and, if everything pans out, they issue a travel authorization. When I showed this to the border guards, they didn't know what to do with it, as they had heard from ESTA, but had no previous dealings with it so far...

Once in the US, my trip was very smooth, although I triggered all the bells and whistles on both airports, because I was wearing a steel boned corset, which was picked up at the TSA checkpoint.

Finally, rest me to say that the TSA people were more than correct and professional about all this travel en femme... I can say that they bent over backwards to accommodate me... So I have nothing but praise for their professional approach...

On my way back, I decided to travel all the way en femme and I crossed the Canadian border without any problems or questions that had anything to do with me being dressed. I only told the Canadian border guard that I looked a little different than on my Permanent Resident card picture, which brought a smile to his face...

So far my experiences with crossing the border. It goes without saying that I intend to follow the same procedure this year, although I am toying with the idea to cross the border just once a day or so before I leave to get a green temporary access card and than a day later present myself dressed to the US border guard, in the hope to avoid having to be photographed and fingerprinted again...

If there are any questions, Just ask...

Dita.

This is me waiting on the Seattle airport for my flight with Delta to Atlanta, GA. The picture was made by a fellow male passenger I asked to help me with it...

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/Dita_B/SCC2008017-1-1.jpg

TSchapes
05-21-2009, 10:48 PM
I approached them here in the port of Victoria, BC (not in Vancouver, Tracy

Oops, I'm sorry, I've got to pay better attention, I knew the city started with a 'V'! :doh:

Thanks Dita for the info. I know crossing our boarders isn't the best it can be.

-Tracy,

docrobbysherry
05-21-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm shakin' in my boots, just thinking about the logistical problems Sherry would have appearing in Atlanta! :doh:

The fact that I'm EVEN CONSIDERING going, makes me question my sanity!:eek:

Just a couple of quick questions, then, I PROMISE I'll PM u all, if I have other questions!:)

1. When r most of the girls arriving?

2. R many of them staying in the hotel the Conference is being held at?

sandra-leigh
05-22-2009, 02:34 AM
Upon application in person at the consulate of my country in Vancouver, it took exactly 3 weeks and some 70 CAD to get it...

For Canadian passports, we are told to expect 6 to 8 weeks for normal cases if we present the application in person (which I could do), plus to expect some extra delays if we submit around now (there is a rush to beat the June 1 deadline). Another 4 weeks added if mailed in. The university professor at work who was the only person around who both "knew me" and was on the list of professions authorized to act as guaranteers, encountered serious health issues and is no longer available. But I've lived in this city long enough now that I could ask my dentist if he trusts me enough to sign. If not him, then based upon the professions and the "must have known for" year time limits, I might be reduced to asking my ex brother-in-law, who is in a qualified profession but who Is Not Talking To Us.

Then there's the "two friends" who are Canadian citizens who must also sign for Canadian passports. My one Canadian citizen friend in this city died last year. :sad: I could probably convince my boss to sign, but the other people around who I would consider friends haven't known me long enough or aren't Canadian citizens... so I'd probably have to send off to a friend in the city I grew up.

But those are delays on the Canadian side (but needed or severely backlogged due to the US rules.)

On the point about entry into the USA, I mentioned three classes of people who might consider the USA a No Go Zone these days. I fit into all three of them.

I don't know if the CIA ever bothered to think about me, but the Pentagon produced a "plan" (obtained by FOIA) that called for the seizure and mass arrest of everyone associated with a (completely peaceful and non-partisan) organization I used to volunteer a lot for, and that plan was produced right around the time I was their worldwide computer support guru -- if the Pentagon failed to notice my existence, then the spies they planted in the organization must have been exceedingly incompetent. Governments have long memories and sometimes rather odd ideas about what constitutes "threats" to them.

The organization I work for now, has access to technology that could be a threat to the USA. That the USA do seriously consider the technology to be a "terrorist" threat, I could prove by direct reference to news reports within the last year; but unfortunately those reports would give more of a clue to my private identity than I would be comfortable in giving out in this forum.

Oh yeah, the third category, qualified to work in the USA under NAFTA: a slow typer would only take about 30 seconds to google up sufficient evidence that I am considered fairly highly skilled in more than one of NAFTA "no green card needed" fields.

The "spooks" working for the government of Canada would probably laugh out loud at the notion that I'm a threat to anyone (other than that I can be rather sarcastic to businesses who violate well-established civil rights or business law). The USA... excuse me if I don';t care to play Russian Roulette with entering a country that could, entirely legally, "disappear" me on the grounds that I read "Doonesbury" sometimes.

I know, I know, I probably sound pretty paranoid. And I am anxiety-prone, so interpret the probability of any problems occurring as you will. But, oddly, I was once told directly that the Canadian spooks were keeping secret files on me. I would tend to believe (but don't know) that they got bored with me and destroyed the secret files long ago; on the other hand, with the work I do, I know there are official files on me, as it is a condition of the job.

Suzy Harrison
05-22-2009, 02:56 AM

I thought you were going to say 'safety pins for my diaper' (nappy for uk girls)

Yes, you both saved the day by the way - thank you. :hugs:

Oh and let me wade into the travelling to the US debate... When I arrived last year they didn't exactly put the welcome mat out for me at immigration and they seemed suspicious - but if you're a smooth talker you can get away with anything.

This year I will be flying to the US enfemme. Now my passport and my ticket will say "Suzy" and the photo in my passport will show me as Suzy - but the passport will also say M for Sex - lets see if I can talk my way out of that one...

allisonrn06
05-22-2009, 09:23 AM
I would go if circumstances permitted. I think Vegas would be a great place for something lke this!!

Sarah Doepner
05-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Vegas is a good city to go to just about any time. There is a lot to do, quite a bit of support and a population that either doesn't care or is just happy to see you regardless of how you are dressed.

sandra-leigh
05-22-2009, 10:45 AM
I think Vegas would be a great place for something lke this!!

If I were willing to risk visiting the USA (see previous conversations), I suspect my wife might have problems with me going to Vegas due to its reputation as being a place where a lot of affairs and one-night-stands happen; she would be rather displeased (IMHO) if I went to Vegas without her, and if she were to go to Vegas with me, she'd be displeased that I was spending so much time at the convention instead of concentrating on her (we haven't had a vacation together in 7 years, and we won't have one this year either as she's using up her vacation time to care for her ill mother.)

In terms of spousal trust thatI would be a good boy when conventioning by myself, nearly any other city in the USA would be better than Vegas would be.

Not trying to rain on any parades here, but I wouldn't go to an event like this without checking with my wife first. Her first question about the location would be "Would it be safe for you to be out in public there??" (worry about -me-), but beyond that, she's not comfortable with me going places with lots of "available" women. An insecurity without foundation, but it's an interpersonal relationship boundary negotiated between us, and it is important to her.

Holly
05-22-2009, 10:55 AM
I would go if circumstances permitted. I think Vegas would be a great place for something lke this!!Diva Las Vegas just finished up last Saturday. DLV is not a conference... it's a vacation with lots of fun things to do. There are no fees to register and you only pay for the activities in which you choose to participate (many of which are low/no cost). Why don't you plan to join us next year? :D DLV Website (http://geekbabe.com/dlv/)

And Tess, SO's are welcome to attend as well.

Kristen Kelly
05-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Did someone say "PARTY" my bags are packed give me the details. I love to travel and have done it alot enfem don't need much of a reason to do so.

cindym5_04
05-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Unfortunately I can't really travel. I don't really have the time or the money to do it.

Melanie R
05-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Many of our friends from this forum will be joining us on our Halloween cruise October 31-November 5 on the Ecstasy sailing from Galveston to Mexico. For an inside cabin the price is $250 PP plus taxes. Oceanview and suites are available. This includes costume parties, more food than you can eat and lots of entertainment plus the opportunity to be enfemme for 5 days. There is no conference or convention for crossdressers of 5 days for this price.

TSchapes
05-22-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm shakin' in my boots, just thinking about the logistical problems Sherry would have appearing in Atlanta! :doh:

Just a couple of quick questions, then, I PROMISE I'll PM u all, if I have other questions!:)

Are you sure it's not one of them earth-quake thingys going on?

1. I'll be there Tuesday afternoon (22), can't check into the hotel until about 3pm. 2. And yes, I'm staying at the same hotel the conference is at, The Crown Plaza at Ravina.

MJ
05-22-2009, 06:10 PM
I thought you were going to say 'safety pins for my diaper' (nappy for uk girls)

Yes, you both saved the day by the way - thank you. :hugs:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-2/1297372/73.jpg

I've registered for the conference and booked my room at The Crown Plaza at Ravina... that said my srs surgery is august 24... if i meet the weight requirements so i just don't know it's up to the good doctor weather i get the operation or not. or i go to scc we shall see

Dita_B
05-22-2009, 06:51 PM

Well doc, I, for one, am arriving early, on Friday September 18 at about 6:30 AM, as I have the red eye flight from Seattle on Thursday night and I'll stay untill Monday, September 28, when I'll leave early in the morning.

This is timed to spend some extra time with all those fabulous girls as soon as they arrive and especially with that girl from down under that just went 24/7 and changed her name.. You know the one for which we all bring safety pins to make sure she stays decent... We already have an engineer or two in our group, but seen the unbridled use of safety pins, a medical doctor may be a welcome addition!

I am still not sure whether or not I'll stay at the Crowne Plaza, as there are several cheaper and also very good accommodations within 1 mile radius of the Perimeter mall and they offer not only a breakfast buffet, but also a fully equipped kitchen.... I am renting a car anyway, because the car rental for the 11 days costs less than the cab fare back and forth to the airport...

See you there doc, shaking in your boots or not... I hope those boots are the sexy kind!

Dita.

sandra-leigh
05-22-2009, 07:11 PM
And Tess, SO's are welcome to attend as well.

Yeh, but this isn't one of her more tolerant years.... maybe by next year things will have improved to the point that I could convince her to go to -one- event... two events would be pushing my luck. The rest of the time she'd want me to doing tourist things with her, and woe would be me if she thought I wasn't paying enough attention to her, that the conference was more important than she was.

Now Chicago say... she'd probably just worry about me being mugged... "Go ahead and have a good time."

Bootsiegalore
05-22-2009, 07:26 PM
You just missed Diva Las Vegas last week!

Tara

Nicki B
05-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Would (if) some one put together a function for all of us to meet in our respected country would you go?

I joined this site having met a bunch of the boys from here, in NYC..

Inverness is supposed to be where the purest form of the Queen's English is spoken... Innit?

..... and that other person from Austin, Texas..... Kimberly Clark - I mean TxKimmie.

Surely Kimberly Clark comes from Dallas (http://www.kimberly-clark.com/aboutus/history.aspx)?? :battingeyelashes:

Proves my theory, that all anyone ever does is read the first post of the thread then responds.

:tongueout

Tess - I do know what you mean. The US girls here have no comprehension what US Immigration is like, for non-US citizens..:Angry3:

Suzy Harrison
05-22-2009, 08:24 PM
I've registered for the conference and booked my room at The Crown Plaza at Ravina... that said my srs surgery is august 24... if i meet the weight requirements so i just don't know it's up to the good doctor weather i get the operation or not. or i go to scc we shall see

Can't wait to see you again MJ - and by the way - that's an awful photo of me ! :doh: - I've changed a lot since then, I hope

Well doc, I, for one, am arriving early, on Friday September 18 at about 6:30 AM, as I have the red eye flight from Seattle on Thursday night and I'll stay untill Monday, September 28, when I'll leave early in the morning.

Dita.

I'm also arriving on the Friday 18th (evening) and leaving Monday 28th (evening) - so I'll be there for 10 days. However I found last year most people arrived on the Wednesday and left on the Sunday (4 days).

I stay for longer to catch up with Dita and others, but also it's such a long way for me I need time to get over the jet lag.

kathrynjanos
05-22-2009, 11:27 PM
I think all those ifs are pretty big. My answer anyway is probably not. I would like to, but I'm not ready to dress in public yet, even if it is for you girls, and frankly, I'm not sure how I'd react to being in front of a room full of "dudes in dresses," as it were. I know myself - I'm judgmental enough that if you can't pass reasonably, I'm not going to be able to take you seriously. And yes, that is how I expect I'd treat myself in that same situation, which is why I don't want to go out in full dress until I'm sure I'm ready, which means I need to get better with makeup, my hair needs to finish growing out, I need forms, and a much better wardrobe.

Kiyana
05-23-2009, 12:22 AM
I'm with KathrinJanos above. I know its not pc to say so i am glad someone else said it first. hee

docrobbysherry
05-23-2009, 12:28 AM
I think all those ifs are pretty big. My answer anyway is probably not. I would like to, but I'm not ready to dress in public yet, even if it is for you girls, and frankly, I'm not sure how I'd react to being in front of a room full of "dudes in dresses," as it were. I know myself - I'm judgmental enough that if you can't pass reasonably, I'm not going to be able to take you seriously.

Would we STILL be welcomed by the other girls if we were in DRAB? I CAN'T be walking around as Sherry, during daylite hours!:brolleyes:
And I don't think I'm self-accepting enough to be a homely old man-in-a-dress out in public either!:doh:

ESPECIALLY with all the REALLY fem looking girls that will be there!:straightface:

Shelly Preston
05-23-2009, 12:57 AM
Would I attend ....Yes

I was in the position not too long ago never having attended any TG event

I managed to get up the courage to finally just go for it
The thing is for the most part people dont take a lot of notice of anyone in particular ( thats not to say you get ignored)
It was a wonderful experience Sparkle is TG event held in the UK in which thousands attend over the three days

At no time going to or from the hotel did I receive and adverse comments at any point even when I was on my own. I did get whistled at once which was a surprise but it does give the confidence a boost
Only one man who was part of a group of two couples there to observe what the event was all about(who may have been described as part of the general public) This was the only person to speak to me unexpectedly He was polite and respectful but we only spoke briefly

Some do attend in drab because they may be unable to dress for whatever reason I have found no one makes any coment about this at all

So going to an event organised specifically for our group or community is not as difficult as it might seem :)

Daintre
05-23-2009, 01:07 AM
Would I attend, well I would like to...very much. I have to add a qualifier though, I use a walker, I need to use it to be mobile and I would not want anyone here to see me using it. I was asked repeatedly to join the Edmonton chapter of Illusions, I just couldn't put myself in the position of being seen dressed with a walker, vain, I guess so. It has made my life very limited, at times I just don't know why it is so important for me to look "normal" but it is.

Danielle Hyatt
05-23-2009, 01:45 AM
Sure if I could go as Dan and if it was somewere I could get to and if not maybe I could call!!!!!

HAVE A NICE DAY:D
DAN

Nicki B
05-23-2009, 06:46 AM
It was a wonderful experience Sparkle is TG event held in the UK in which thousands attend over the three days

It doesn't seem realistic, given our geographic spread, to be able to do it in just one meeting, does it? :strugglin

But perhaps we ought to organise a rendezvous for all the Brit girls and boys at this year's Sparkle? :)

Stephanie-L
05-23-2009, 10:05 PM
If I could take care of a few "Ifs" I'd be there in a flash. The only thing I would worry about if I went to SCC is looking like an ugly duckling amoung all of the beautiful ladies from this board who will be attending....Stephanie

Dita_B
05-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Would we STILL be welcomed by the other girls if we were in DRAB? I CAN'T be walking around as Sherry, during daylite hours!
And I don't think I'm self-accepting enough to be a homely old man-in-a-dress out in public either!

ESPECIALLY with all the REALLY fem looking girls that will be there!

Come on doc... of course you would be welcomed and accepted, whoever you are and whatever you look like... You seem to forget that we (all those "really fem looking girls", if I may be so vain as to count myself among them), all had to start sometime and somewhere! I wouldn't want to show you my first pictures, no way! So we would accept you as you are, remembering our own first times... when we were shaking in our boots... It is all a matter of evolution from that point on...

So, I am sure that the group will agree with my statement and welcome you to come in drab, if that makes you feel better... However, bring your stash with you, because you just may feel like taking the plunge anyway, while surrounded by your sisters in the SCC sorority...

Dita.

Suzy Harrison
05-24-2009, 02:26 AM
Come on doc... of course you would be welcomed and accepted, whoever you are and whatever you look like... You seem to forget that we (all those "really fem looking girls", if I may be so vain as to count myself among them), all had to start sometime and somewhere! I wouldn't want to show you my first pictures, no way! So we would accept you as you are, remembering our own first times... when we were shaking in our boots... It is all a matter of evolution from that point on...

So, I am sure that the group will agree with my statement and welcome you to come in drab, if that makes you feel better... However, bring your stash with you, because you just may feel like taking the plunge anyway, while surrounded by your sisters in the SCC sorority...

Dita.

I so agee with Dita (I always do). You could come in a monkey suit and you will still be totally accepted. It doesn't matter if you come in drab, or look stunning enfemme or don't look stunning enfemme - We are all there for the same reasons regardless of how we present. I bet all of us would love to look better than we do, so please don't worry about that.

You would have a great time - :hugs: Suzy

CindyT
05-24-2009, 02:37 AM
If everything worked out ok, I would do it!

TxKimberly
05-24-2009, 11:27 PM
. . . The US girls here have no comprehension what US Immigration is like, for non-US citizens..:Angry3: . . .

Not true - we know, we just LIKE it that way. It keeps those pesky Australians from infiltrating and corrupting our beloved nation!

(Love ya' Suzy. Really. Mean it!)

I so agee with Dita (I always do). You could come in a monkey suit and you will still be totally accepted. It doesn't matter if you come in drab, or look stunning enfemme or don't look stunning enfemme - We are all there for the same reasons regardless of how we present. I bet all of us would love to look better than we do, so please don't worry about that.

You would have a great time - :hugs: Suzy

And I agree with both of them. You can NOT find a safer place and time to get out and meet people! And I've got to tell you, the people you will meet WILL make the trip well worth it!

2B Natasha
05-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Hey Nicki B

Oh by golly we DO know what it is like. I have had to go through Heathrow and stand in the NON EU line. FOR 4 HOURS. Then the damn agent tried to rip my passport apart. He took a pen and started going back and forth on the spine and then told me after a couple times up and down that I should not be let in because my passport was in bad shape!

******!

It's no better at Luton or Gatwick

But yea. The US monkeys are the worst. I wish they would go stick there collective head in a bucket of water and take a deep breath.

******S!

No I'm not angry. :rasp:

Tess - I do know what you mean. The US girls here have no comprehension what US Immigration is like, for non-US citizens..:Angry3:[/QUOTE]

kathrynjanos
05-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Hey Nicki B

Oh by golly we DO know what it is like. I have had to go through Heathrow and stand in the NON EU line. FOR 4 HOURS. Then the damn agent tried to rip my passport apart. He took a pen and started going back and forth on the spine and then told me after a couple times up and down that I should not be let in because my passport was in bad shape!

******!

It's no better at Luton or Gatwick

But yea. The US monkeys are the worst. I wish they would go stick there collective head in a bucket of water and take a deep breath.

******S!

No I'm not angry. :rasp:

Tess - I do know what you mean. The US girls here have no comprehension what US Immigration is like, for non-US citizens..:Angry3:[/QUOTE]

Go to the Caribbean and try to get in to one of the countries there! I went to Grand Cayman and got so much shit out of one custom's agent there because it was my first time travelling international. Gah. What BS.

billiecd5
05-25-2009, 10:38 AM
I would go to i was to my first femm ball on long island it was great

Karen__Starr
05-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Sure I would go, always like meeting new people

joann07
05-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Since everyone is talking about SCC.
This is the latest tally of attendees as of today, 5/25/09:

1. Tracy Schapes
2. TXKimberly
3. MJ
4. Jon
5. Zelda Rose
6. Joann07
7. Eva Marie
8. ChristineK
9. Wendy Seymone
10. Suzy Harrison
11. Deja
12. Lia
13. LisaM
14. Dita B
15. Melissa I

Maybe's

1. Sally
2. ~Kelly~
3. Joan Merrie

All the information on registration costs and hotel rates are on the site at www.sccatl.org.
There are various registration packages that can fit anyone's budget.
Even if you can't afford to attend the conference itself, just come to Atlanta, rent a room, and hangout at the hotel. You'll have lots of fun being amongst 800+ of your fellow transgender sisters, brothers, and supporters.
Aside from the conference, there are so many other things to do in Atlanta, including shopping, so I'm sure many girls will want to explore many parts of the city and surrounding areas.

And I agree with both of them. You can NOT find a safer place and time to get out and meet people! And I've got to tell you, the people you will meet WILL make the trip well worth it!

Agree to agree. LOL!! :heehee:
Kimberly hit it right on the mark.
You'll have such a great time, you'll want to come back again and again and again......This will be my third straight SCC I'll be attending. I know there are other girls who have attended this event 5+, 10+, and even 15+ years straight because it is so much fun.

Hugs!

Dita_B
05-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Hello Joann: You can add Kahlan to the list of "may be's" as she is reconsidering her earlier "no"...

Probably under the influence of her successful visit to Esprit in Port Angeles, earlier this month...

Unfortunately, I couldn't join her as my permanent resident card had expired and it takes ages to renew it... but it will be done before the SCC!

Dita.

TSchapes
05-25-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm sorry that our respective countries run on a system of fear, it surely doesn't help travel.

To those who would only "see dudes in a dress", maybe you need to come to see and understand how trans-women support each other...

And to Doc, let me relate a story for you. One of the girls here (Maria2004) didn't feel like dressing on the first day there. She was nice enough to escort MJ and myself shopping at the mall across the street. She was a complete gentleman, and a sweetheart! She also went out to diner with some of us girls, I think Deja and her friend went with us. Again, Maria was in drab.

Maria did dress up later and is a complete cutie! So, it really doesn't matter! We are all cut from the same cloth as it were.

And, Doc, there are transformation services at these events, so maybe you could take a break from the mask, I think you would love it!

These conventions (not necessarily SCC) are one of the best things any T-girl can do for themselves, and for others!

-Tracy

kristinacd55
05-25-2009, 02:48 PM
I can go to places in the UK, so lets make it US or Canada! Anyone going to invite me?
Amanda

Why don't we all meet in Iceland? A neutral location & sure is easy to get to! :heehee:

Sarah...
05-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Why don't we all meet in Iceland? A neutral location & sure is easy to get to! :heehee:

Oooh yes please - I love it there. I'd love an excuse to go back yet again :)

Sarah...

Christina Horton
05-25-2009, 10:41 PM
when I started this thread I never thought I would get so big or did I think I would find out how many events that are out there. I allways say if you don't learn something new everyday your day was a wast. Thank you for all your input and keep the upcoming events posted here that way the girls like me whom can't have the puter with them all the time will know when the events will take place.

Holly
05-25-2009, 11:46 PM
There is a whole section of the forum devoted to Upcoming Events (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&securitytoken=1243313066-384d5cc2d4bbb0d28869ab60832cd1cb8e4d2441&daysprune=&f=8)... check it out.

luv2x-dress53959
05-26-2009, 06:39 AM
yes i would try to attend a get together...

stephaniedoes
05-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Thank You Dita B, i am fairly new to this site but am going right now to look at events.. ty...

docrobbysherry
05-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Thanks to U girls who helped reassure this closet CD, that it mite be safe to come out, maybe JUST THIS ONCE!:straightface:

Altho I'm shaking in my stiletto boots, and it cost a small fortune, (it's STILL less than a femskin!) It seems a unique opportunity to meet some of the most WONDERFUL girls from CD.com!:D

U know what they say, " U only live once!" And I'M getting up there in years!:o So, I think I better go while I'm still able!:)

Barring a family emergency, I'll see "u all" in Georgia!:drink:
( Maybe after a few mint julips, Sherry may even show up!):brolleyes:

Dita_B
05-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Hello Doc, may I be the first one to congratulate you with your decision to take the plunge?

Welcome to the SCC! :Party2: You'll have a blast !!!

Joann07... Here is another member to add to your participants list!

Dita

CDTiffany
05-29-2009, 02:06 AM
I have been very fortunate to meet quite a few girls from this forum. And it is always my privlage to meet any one of you girls!
I only wish, that, Yes we could have a CD FORUM MNIGHT!!! That would be so so cool!!!!!

Hint!!!!! Moderaters!

PM Me!

I could make it happen1

XOXO Tiffany Amber Rhoads

Christina Horton
05-31-2009, 10:12 PM
I am trying to make a meet up club in the Vancouver BC Canada area and yes mods I have a thread in the meet up place. But since I am on the road most of the time if you live in the area you can pm my vice prez of the club Roberta M and see if you would like to meet us. Pls say yes Roberta so wants to go out more. Ok see you all later.

JessicaD
07-27-2009, 02:39 AM
Totally

Kelsy
07-27-2009, 05:28 AM
P Town in October!!

Kelsy

PaulaJaneThomas
07-27-2009, 07:42 AM
You should all come over to England and we'll go out on the razz in Bilston.

BreenaDion
07-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Gee thats a great idea. Best place around here is in Hyannis Massachusetts . Which is smack in the middle of cap cod . I am sure there is a CD feindly hotel for us girls.They have extras like spa and could beauticans an lingerie parties.

As i think alot of logistics involed. Foundation where money has to be colected an paid out to unsure services will be provided, ya endless list . Not to say a couple yrs in the making . I do have a lot of spair time but im getting suid left an right by credit cards.. Aw so no blood from this stone. I did own an run a contruction co. for 23 yrs an also I have a cousin who has a masters in business, he brakes down contracts. Its doable but alot of leg work for 1 weekend, not sure how many would attent . OK btw im disabled, doesnt mean I am not able.

To create a foundation for CD an Trans community. I could get some help , wife an daughter work at Salvation Army, a retail store for used clothing. More an more i mull this its is very possible But im not going out on a limb by myself.

Fantasy , In some cases do come true, im living proff .
Do you girls think this is possible. maybe in a few i'll start a new thread .

Think about it, im getting serious. Love Bree :love:

Gerard
07-27-2009, 12:25 PM
To be honest, I'd probably chicken out at the last moment.

RachelZ
07-27-2009, 12:42 PM
I would definatly show up. That would be so much fun.:heehee:

Sarah-RT
07-27-2009, 02:15 PM
yes, provided it was easy to attend as others have said: timing, location.

bit awkward for me though, im quite shy and dont like approaching people, id be the person in the corner anyway, probably quite drunk aswell :D

charlie
07-27-2009, 05:45 PM
It would be great to see and talk to all the girls here. If it were set up I would make it!

donnalee
07-27-2009, 07:51 PM
If at all possible, heck yeah. Someone said drinks. BYOB or what? :P

Probably the 3 most dreaded words in the English language: "No Host Bar" :devil:

dancer1
07-27-2009, 10:42 PM
love the concept gets better each time i hear it. Count Nadeen In:daydreaming:

Melanie R
07-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Some of the group here will be with my wife and Melanie on our Hallowwen cruise October 31-November 5 out of Galveston to Mexico.

carolynn2fem
07-28-2009, 04:43 AM
[QUOTE=

The question is (IF) someone did put it together how many would attend?[/QUOTE]

I know that tri ess does that in orlando. its about 3 hr drive. yes i would like to do that some time

MissVirginia-Mae
07-28-2009, 06:42 AM
I would love it!!!:love:
Lets make it happen, Girls!!!:hugs::heehee:

Sarah Doepner
07-28-2009, 05:07 PM
I've been to Diva Las Vegas several times now and I know there are several others in this forum who were there as well. I think it would go without argument that meeting other crossdressers in a fun and supportive environment is one of the best experiences you can have.

I'll watch the upcoming activities board and if I'm ever in the neighborhood I'll do my best to be there.