PDA

View Full Version : I am not a CD, I am a fashion slave.

Nicole Erin
05-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Yes as a MTF TG person, I still do wear the whole femme clothes but things change...

At one point in my dressing career, my determining factors for a new outfit were - "Is it sexy and my size?"

Now, save for my sandals [yes I am a shoe *****] I ask - "Is it reasonably within late fashion and where is my size?"

See, a while back I explained everything to my big sister, and she is up on fashions. So, she is kind of like my consultant. her and I don't always agree but her opinion matters to me a lot.

I realised I became a fashon slave when I caught myself several times thinking "I can't wear hose with this, those things are out of style and would just hide my tan!" I used to love wearing hose, but it is getting a point of "yuck".

There is one member here who was telling me that "Wearing jeans is not really CD'ing, you can wear jeans anytime..." OK granted but jeans can be dressed up or dressed down...
Things I either don't wear at all or hate wearing -
Skirts, gowns, thigh highs, bras, and anything "frilly".
Why? Cause day to day, it is just not a "look".

Are you a slave to the latest trends?
Nicole Erin wanders off mumbling "Must find out if all my clothes are still in style..."

sissystephanie
05-19-2009, 04:38 PM
With 5, no wait that is 7, closets full of feminine things I certainly hope I am not a slave to current fashion!! I am a crossdresser, which means only that I wear feminine clothes. As long as the outfit goes together and looks reasonably well on me I am satisfied. I must admit, when my dear late wife was still alive I was more of a fashion plate as Stephanie. She made sure of that!:love:

Now I just things together and wear them if the look is good! Unlike you Nicole, I love to wear skirts, bras, etc. I don't wear gowns, except to bed! I also don't try to pass, instead going out as a guy in a skirt! Been doing it for several years since my wife died, and have had no negative comments at all! Have received many compliments on my outfits, shoes, jewelry. So as I said, I am not a fashion slave, I am a CD!!!:love:

tricia_uktv
05-19-2009, 05:44 PM
I love being in fashion. Purple is the colour here in the UK and I can do very purple. But I don't buy expensive clothes so I don't worry about it too much. Anyway its fun looking for ideas in the magazines.

Karren H
05-19-2009, 05:48 PM
God do I know that feeling!! And since I haven't dressed since January I fear I'm no longer a crossdresser but a collector of womens things.. Sigh......

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-19-2009, 06:07 PM
...Are you a slave to the latest trends?

No, absolutely not.

I was walking a local mall with my wife last weekend and we were BOTH appalled at the 70's thrift store's that have replaced the once fashionable spots. One that stuck out in my mind was Macy's. What the hell? I'm finally out to my wife and starting to get out of the house dressed.... and the latest fashions and trends totally suck! :eek: I hated that stuff in the 70's (yes, I remember it then) and I hate it still!

I want that late 80's sexy style and fashion back! Not the weird, out-there stuff, just the sexy tight skirts, tight dresses, etc. It died off quickly in the early 90's but that's how I LOVE to dress... and my wife does too, though she doesn't much these days as it's pretty out of style. She does for me, but not out and about. :(

Ok, that's just me. I know I'm in the minority here, but I've got one crappy season ahead of me. Looks like most of my shopping this year will need to be done online as the local stores are FILLED with stuff I can't stand to see women in and REFUSE to ever wear myself. I'd rather wear my MAN clothes! Blah!

And nothing against anyone who loves and follows the latest fashion trends. To each her own. :) Just can't stand them myself... and last season I thought we were one step closer to fashion greatness. Picked up several great miniskirts! But now... what happened??!!

TSchapes
05-19-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm a "What not to Wear" addict. And before you tell me how mean they are, I don't care. They're New Yorkers, so their entitled to being snotty!

But I like to be current, regardless of whether it's with jeans or a skirt or dress. I try and make the clothes work for me!

-Tracy

5150 Girl
05-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Ok, we'll takle the panthose question first. (my fave topic)
Pantyhose while not main stream this day and age, to me still have their pace.
*If a man would be in a tie, a lady should be in hose!
*The right shade of hose will not hide your tan, but rather enhance your tan.
*Paterns, and fashion colors are also allways in vouge for panythose, and add alot to any outfit.
*Pantyhose are allwyas good for anything you want to "put a coat of polish" on your look! Nobody's legs are 100% perfect. there are allways scars, blemishes, and what not that need a little "makeup" if you will.
*Besides that, panthose are soft, sliky, and very fun and feminine! :battingeyelashes:

Jeans....
It depends on the jeans you have selected. If you have selected a pair of regular cut Levis or Wrangelers or somthing,, then no,,, there's not much feminine about that, and what fun is that?
Now if you jeans have a lot of onemental stiching and/or embroydery then I would say yes, go for them!

Nicole Erin
05-20-2009, 01:50 PM
I love being in fashion. Purple is the colour here in the UK and I can do very purple. But I don't buy expensive clothes so I don't worry about it too much. Anyway its fun looking for ideas in the magazines.

Purple is still big in the USA too, I love it!
Expensive clothes, I cannot afford those, but one does not have to spend a lot to be in style.

5150's comment -
Yeah, I think you are right about the hosiery thing. Honestly I don't see why the fashion world is shunning them, cause they still do have a place.
I do have a few pairs of hose that are about the same color as my tanned legs.

gennee
05-20-2009, 02:12 PM
I do follow fashion trends though I'm not a slave to it. I like to dress well and in style. Took my fashion sense from my mom. I have colors which are my favorites. Purple, pink, turquoise, emerald, blue, and red are some.

Gennee
:)

5150 Girl
05-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Nicole, Can i assume you're not in the USA?
Well the thing is, for a long time, hose were manditory in office enviernments. You know how we Americans can be somtimes, "Aint nobody gonna tell me waht to do"
Also, because of the "manditory ellement" many women would get cheep pantyhose that were practicaly disposable. Of course they're disposable, they run (or ladder) almost the first time you wear them. El-cheepo's can be itchy due to inferior yarns, which also causes them to bag at the ankles, and they often don't fit right.
And I must to admit, if the cheepies were all I knew, I would hate pantyhose to.

Americans just won't drop the extra coin to get a pair that will #1, last longer, #2 actualy fit, #3 would be soft and silky and actualy feel nice.

docrobbysherry
05-20-2009, 11:29 PM
I used give not ONE THOT to current fashions! I wanted to look like the women in my mind. :daydreaming:

However, Nicole, that HAS been changing for me! I'm actually looking more carefully at current ladies styles. Altho I find many of their looks unattractive, unflattering, or both! :brolleyes:

But, looking like women of today, means dressing like them!:eek:

Which is why u see me in the tube top affair in my avatar!:doh:
And u MAY see me in WORSE soon! Jeans, even!? :sad:

Miranda09
05-20-2009, 11:35 PM
No, absolutely not.

I was walking a local mall with my wife last weekend and we were BOTH appalled at the 70's thrift store's that have replaced the once fashionable spots. One that stuck out in my mind was Macy's. What the hell? I'm finally out to my wife and starting to get out of the house dressed.... and the latest fashions and trends totally suck! :eek: I hated that stuff in the 70's (yes, I remember it then) and I hate it still!

I want that late 80's sexy style and fashion back! Not the weird, out-there stuff, just the sexy tight skirts, tight dresses, etc. It died off quickly in the early 90's but that's how I LOVE to dress... and my wife does too, though she doesn't much these days as it's pretty out of style. She does for me, but not out and about. :(

Ok, that's just me. I know I'm in the minority here, but I've got one crappy season ahead of me. Looks like most of my shopping this year will need to be done online as the local stores are FILLED with stuff I can't stand to see women in and REFUSE to ever wear myself. I'd rather wear my MAN clothes! Blah!

And nothing against anyone who loves and follows the latest fashion trends. To each her own. :) Just can't stand them myself... and last season I thought we were one step closer to fashion greatness. Picked up several great miniskirts! But now... what happened??!!

I agree. I see alot of conservative styles, some are nice and others have no imagination. I do prefer the tighter styles so I can show off my figure, but it's to hard find anything sexy in my size. :(

5150 Girl
05-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Hmm,,,, These last two posts made me tink of somthing I could have, and should have added in my last post....

"Casual Friday" has gotten way, waaayyyyy out of hand!
(Death to flip-flops)

TrekGirl1701
05-22-2009, 01:36 AM
If you had asked me that in the late '90s/early '00s I would've said yes. But now when I look around stores or in catalogs, I find NOTHING that I want to wear. It would seem that baggy is in nowadays which is totally not my style. Form-fitting is the way to go for me. Not only does it look better, in my opinion, but it's comfortable, too. Although I can still find jeans in the juniors section that look good, that's about the best luck I have. I often find myself looking on clearance racks (read: stuff they're trying to get rid of because it isn't in style anymore) for cool clothes. Luckily, styles don't stick around for too long so I just have to wait it out for a while.

One trend that started getting popular this decade is strapless formal gowns. Wedding dresses are the biggest example of this. Strapless is all right, but I think you really need a specific figure to pull it off. I have been to quite a few weddings in the past few years and the bride always goes strapless. I was shocked (and relieved) when my sister-in-law decided to go against the grain and get a wedding dress with straps. But for as long as I've known her she's always done her own thing so I shouldn't have been surprised.

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-22-2009, 03:53 AM
I agree. I see alot of conservative styles, some are nice and others have no imagination. I do prefer the tighter styles so I can show off my figure...

If you had asked me that in the late '90s/early '00s I would've said yes. But now when I look around stores or in catalogs, I find NOTHING that I want to wear. It would seem that baggy is in nowadays which is totally not my style. Form-fitting is the way to go for me. Not only does it look better, in my opinion, but it's comfortable, too.

Whew - I was beginning to think I was alone here.

Like I said - the women's fashion industry has gone mad! :( "Sexy" has been replaced by... uh... don't know what to call it officially. I'll call it ugly. Not picking on anyone who likes this season's styles, but they're sure mighty ugly to me. You couldn't pay me to wear most of what I'm finding on the racks today.

I like tight, sexy, form-fitting clothes. I work my ass off to maintain a good physical shape and figure. I don't want to wear what looks like curtains! I want to wear something that shows off what I've got and looks good on me.

I'm SO tired of the "maternity" look. I keep waiting for that to go away, and instead, everything is going in that direction, or more accurately put - just getting bigger, baggier, and uglier.

Again, I know I'm in the minority here, but it's driving me crazy. I'm going to stick with what I like to wear. I'll still look good to me... and terribly out of style to everyone else, I guess. So be it. This happened in the early/mid 90's when "sexy" seemed to disappear for a while. Guess I'm in for another dry spell, but I'll find the things I like to wear still. The internet is still full of good stuff if you look hard enough... just a bit expensive when you have to return things. :(