PDA

View Full Version : Not the best way to tell someone...

Erica K.
05-19-2009, 06:58 PM
So yesterday I talked to my dad, we haven't spoken in 3 years. It ended very badly, I will probably never speak to him again... So on the drive home I was almost in tears when I decided to go shopping. I bought what is now my favorite pair of heels I own & a lingere piece. I was sitting at home having some wine, wearing my new wig (blue with light blue streaks), this very short form fitting dress that looks like a black nurse outfit, a collar, garters & light blue thigh high tights. I looked like a goth nurse kinda.

I decided to go walikg around downtown to try out the new shoes to make me feel better. Well, it worked, guys were cat calling & stuff. But after about a hour walk, I realize my car has been stolen:eek:! So I had to call someone to pick me up. I called my gg friend who expressed hot hot she thinks CDs are in the past, when she go there she took a look at me & just fell out laughing & asked ehy I didn't tell her sooner. "We could have been going clubbing &shopping all this time!" She said. We talked for a few hours about it, then she bought me some food & took me home. She said I make a "really cute ckick":heehee:. It was crappy to have the car stolen, but at least one of my good friends know now, & it seems I have somebody to do girly things with now :battingeyelashes: I do hope the police find my car, though...

Just thought I'd share..

lari
05-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Lucky for you she was accepting and gave you a nice suprise

Miranda09
05-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Well, Erica, it all ended well even tho it started out badly. Don't worry about your car. it'll show up. :) :hugs: Hey, at least you had a gg to call who was also a friend. Count yourself lucky!

deja true
05-19-2009, 07:14 PM
Geez, Erica! Talk about a roller coaster!

A car, after all, is only stuff... replaceable!

It's too bad about the falling out with your father, but, if you care, he'll prolly still be there if you really need him. If not, I can somewhat sympathize, I didn't much like mine either. Sorry!

But it sounds like the new relationship with your friend is really the most important part of this story, isn't it? Congratulations, hunny!

I'd gladly sacrifice a car (well at least a ratty ol' beater! LOL!) for what looks like the promise of a relationship like that...;)

Thinga are lookin' up, after all!

Nicole Erin
05-19-2009, 07:15 PM
bad, good, bad, good.
family fight, shopping, car stolen, friend accepts.
Roller coaster I guess.

With the car getting ripped off, police don't look for stolen cars. What will probably happen is it will be parked illegally and they will call you from impound to come and get your car, after it gets towed there. but make sure you have registration updated if needed, your DL, and also proof of insurance.

Erica K.
05-20-2009, 11:41 AM
I am lucky, I guess lol! Amazing friends are not the easiest thing to come by. I asked her if she could help me design a dress (she makes clothes) & she was pretty enthusiastic about it. She wants to pick ou tthe fabric & suprise me with it! Thank you for the positive comments girls :hugs::love:

Laura Evans
05-20-2009, 11:48 AM
I am lucky, I guess lol! Amazing friends are not the easiest thing to come by. I asked her if she could help me design a dress (she makes clothes) & she was pretty enthusiastic about it. She wants to pick ou tthe fabric & suprise me with it! Thank you for the positive comments girls :hugs::love:

Sounds like this story is evolving for the better.

rachelgirlnw
05-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Wow, this is the second story I've heard recently where girls get their cars stolen when they go out. And here I thought getting jumped was the big risk...

CatAttack
05-20-2009, 12:12 PM
death-rebirth

destroyer-creater

TxKimberly
05-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Wow - talk about a mixed day huh?

Try and forgive your Father and remember that it can't be easy for him either.
As for your GG friend, it sounds like you picked a good one!

Erica K.
05-20-2009, 01:39 PM
I wish I could forgive him, but he is a very selfish person. He left my mother for another man, but before he did that he stayed with her for 31 years. Cheating on her all the time. Hitting/pushing around my brother, mother & I, acting like everything is a-o-k! He used to make me feel like nothing, tell me I can't do things in life because I'm stupid. He didn't like me dating girls, & would get very angry if he found out I had a girlfriend. So I never got into dating. This made me very submissive, depressed & angry. I was an angsty, confused kid. I'm MUCH happier now, good friends & CDing (more than I imagined) has helped me so much that I don't recognize the person I used to be.

Now he acts like he never did any of that, I called him out on it when I visited him. He acted suprised, like I made it up. He said he doesn't remember much from then. I got angry & pushed him, he told me to get out, but not before he said he waisted 31 years with my mother. She is such an amazing woman, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He has had full blown aids sinse 1986, and with his crappy 'not caring about anything' lifestyle(this isn't directed at gays), if it weren't for my mom helping him ANY way she could (time off work, taking loans on the house to pay for medical) there is no doubt he would be dead a long time ago. I love her very much, I don't love him.

This is why I can't forgive him, how can you forgive someone in denial of their evil deeds. If you read this far, thank you for your time reading a very personal subject about my life :hugs:

deja true
05-20-2009, 02:16 PM
I can relate, hun!

Just because someone is "blood", doesn't mean they deserve our respect.

And 'apology' or not, a couple of decades of abuse can't be forgiven easily.

Live your own life, Erica. And don't feel bad about abandoning someone who abandoned you!

cindym5_04
05-20-2009, 02:23 PM
I can sort-of relate to you. I've never had the best relationship with my mom (or sister for that matter). The only time they really want anything to really do with me is when they want something. My mom never offered encouragement for anything that I've done- just praised my sister for everything. My mom has always told me that college is not an option for me at all. After being out of high school for 18 years, I'm now taking classes through Penn State (both my mom and sister are pissed off about that). I'm also a disappointment to my mom and made her feel like a failure because of my crossdressing. She also wouldn't come to my Hawaii wedding because she told me that getting married was what she wanted for my sister.

...and she acts so surprised and shocked that she doesn't hardly hear from me....

TxKimberly
05-20-2009, 03:19 PM
. . . He left my mother . . . Hitting/pushing around my brother, mother & I, acting like everything is a-o-k! He used to make me feel like nothing, tell me I can't do things in life because I'm stupid. . . Now he acts like he never did any of that, I called him out on it . . .

Creepy . . . all of this could have been from MY life . . .

Hang in there Erica :)

sabrinaedwards
05-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Erica, it's not what happens to you in life, it's how you react to it. You made lemonade out of lemons and found a great friend. Good luck to you and enjoy expressing yourself on this site.
Love, Sabrina

Leslie Mary S
05-20-2009, 06:19 PM
I understand the dad situation. Now a side question. Any word on your car?

kynw08
05-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Erica, I'm sorry about your dad. I can't stand men who hit, the last one who did it front of me got a rude awakening......he was asked to leave with each eye looking down a different barrel. And yes I AM a big enough redneck to chase somebody with a shotgun........

I'm glad your friend accepted you! I came out to a roommate recently. She doesn't want to see me dressed, but insisted on seeing the heels......I wish I had a camera for the look on her face when I went walking across the room in heels taller than her tallest pair.....

Christina Horton
05-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Wow, this is the second story I've heard recently where girls get their cars stolen when they go out. And here I thought getting jumped was the big risk...
That might have Been me I thought it was stolen just fogot where it was LOL

[QUOTE=sabrinaedwards;1728924]Erica, it's not what happens to you in life, it's how you react to it. You made lemonade out of lemons and found a great[QUOTE]

If life gives you Lemmons make Lemmon aid then find a friend who's life is giving them vovdk and have a party.

I am sorry that got dad that big of a a hole. I guess I an very lucky my famaliy all loves each other.

Sorry about the car. When I thought I lost my 80 corvette I nearly freeked out.

Your so lucky to have a good friend like her. Here's an idea get her on here so we can all meet her. Pls. Then we all can be inriched with her.

Kate Jennings
05-21-2009, 12:17 AM
I am sorry but postings where you say you might never speak to your father again dont call for silly, childish, face icons. Never speaking to your Dad again is a serious subject but it doesnt seem to me you are taking it seriously.

I am sure youll chat again it seems abit melodramatic to me....sorry

kynw08
05-21-2009, 12:26 AM
Kate- Old man I knew, one of my dads friends, who lost his arm hiding in a hole in Korea, gave me these words of wisdom once:

"Son, Life is going to be hell. Bad "stuff" is going to happen, and there isn't a damn thing you, or anyone else can do about it. Don't sit and cry over it, cause it'll just make you more miserable. Life is one big joke at your expense, laugh at it, or you'll spend your whole life crying."

I don't think she posted what she did to be silly. I think she posted it trying to smile a little. When the bad comes, you can't dwell on it forever, or you'll never get past it....and sometimes making light of it is the best cure for what ails.

Personally, I think her getting the anger out is good. I'm glad here is a community someone in her situation can come and vent, and we understand. I'm new here, so I guess I need to hush....

Midnight Skye
05-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Thank you so much for sharing all of this Erica, it is very touching. I'm glad your night turned out to be some fun at least =) My father is a real peace of work also. The ONLY reason I talk to him at all is to get any insite on any evil acts he might be directing at the family. He tends to call me when he's done or getting ready to do something bad... I spent too many years though trying to cope with how double sided he could be. He was a wonderful father for the first half of my life, then turned dramatically hurting the family more and more till we all just wished we had our mother and he didn't exist. Its tough sometimes, but you're not alone!

PS... I hope you get your car back!

JulieC
05-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Creepy . . . all of this could have been from MY life . . .

Hang in there Erica :)

I was thinking the same thing when I was reading it.

Erica K.
05-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Kate - Why are you sorry? I spent 10 years taking it "seriously", I think I'm entitled to make "silly" faces at something that I experienced. I'm not angry anymore, what would have me do? I'm the one that called him because he sure as hell wasn't going to call me to fiinlly talk again, maybe I'd be more broken up about it if I didn't have friends who treat me just like a brother (sister now?) that they love. But thank you for caring enough to see that it isn't the lightest situation in the world... enter the "silly face" :)

Leslie - No word on the car yet, but one of my friends has a truck that he is willing to just give me. It just needs new tires & updated registration, and I like that truck more than my car!

*Side note* I have 3 best friends right now, all gg's (I love them very much), I told another one & her bf last night about my CDing. They think it makes me more interesting & she wants to do things with erica as well! I'm telling the third tonight, I am very optimistic about her reaction. I'll tell you how it goes (to whoever is interested).

scherylnmke
05-21-2009, 06:46 PM
My mom said it best,'You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family!'