PDA

View Full Version : I just had a revelation about my shoulders Weird EH!!!!!!

Christina Horton
05-19-2009, 11:45 PM
Ya weird EH. well I made a thread about "I don't pass but do I care what the pubic thinks....Yes and No. You say (WHAT?) " where I said I don't really care what people think about my CDing and all that when I go out dressed.

But I had this fear of going out with bear shoulders like spaghetti straps. I have very broad shoulders and I don't think they look Fem. Now remember , I Really don't care If I pass, the way I see it is if the Normals See the glory that is us CDers the more they
A) get use to it.
B) can except it better if there experience with me is truly a good one

And I think they all are, I am not a bitch when out........Yet.:devil:

Any way I was driving to my new Seamstress (whom is going to make me A cocktail dress for my 20th high school reunion,) dressed and I had this revelation, If I could care less if people know I am a cd ...... then why care about my manly shoulders.

WOW...... I blew my own mind then. I was think of this cuz I was wearing a now dress that has no sleeves and small straps.Not spaghetti straps but the normal strap that a lot of dresses and top have for summer. I normally would wear a Black shear top under to hide my shoulders.

Now I don't care if the see my manly shoulders , If there going to read me they might as well see me coming sooner. LOL<.:eek: :heehee:

Ss over the past few months I figgered out I could wear really short skirts and now I have no prob showing my shoulders. Yeppppiiiiiiiieeeeeeee!

I wish all of you could get over your fears like I am getting over mine. Now if I could lose all the weight and lose my job and actully live in My apt insted of visting the dam thing, I would allmost be in heaven. If all thoese things were done the only thing left would be a good women to fill my heasrt with love . I am glad I have never had that kind of love before cuz I whoulf then know what I was missing.

Ok girls unload........ what would you like to eather exsept about your fem falts , and maybe one of the girls here could help you fix it.

Don't be shy if you don't ask no one can help!

RobertaM
05-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Hey christina , you are a big gurl.
(in a valley girl voice) ya duhh ya as if dont know you, lol

you have to decide if you want to blend in, or if you want to go for it. depends on the situation.

If i was going clubbing ,, bear (sp) it all,
If I was doing reunion,, tone in down a bit.

xoxo roberta.

Genifer Teal
05-20-2009, 06:42 AM
I believe I too have broad shoulders. Having long hair which hangs below my shoulders helps hide them. Maybe not much but it does break up the lines a bit and soften my look. This might work for you.

There is also the mental side of it. I feel I have large calf muscles. I was very conscious of them until one day a guy told me how much he loved them. Then I thought of the silly things that turn me on and realized everyone likes different things so even though I may not like my large calf muscles, others might.

I got over it. Life goes on.

Gen

Karren H
05-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Doesn't the Canadian constitution give you the right to bare sholders... Or was that bear arms? No bare arms.. Wait.. That's only in the US? Oh well.. I don't wear things that don't look good on me... and spagittie... Spagettie? Thin straps don't.. And the way I see it.... pound for pound... The more clothing I can wear the better.. :).

Wear what you want, Christina!! That is wear what you want... as long as it isn't ...... Denim!! :D

Sarah_GG
05-20-2009, 08:51 AM
I think broad shoulders can do spaghetti straps and look fantastic. It's a common misconception that shoulders should be covered up. In my humble opinion, a shrug or bolero draws attention to something you're trying to hide.

Loads of super models have broad shoulders - walking coat hangers!

Sounds like you're going to have a great time at your school reunion. :)

Sandra
05-20-2009, 09:15 AM
I agree with SarahGG :)

Shoulders don't have to be covered up whether they are broad, manly or whatever, I have seen some GGs with quite large shoulders wearing spaghetti straps, and they looked fine.

Christina wear what you feel comfy in and enjoy yourself.

docrobbysherry
05-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Yourself! I often HATE the look of my man shoulders and arms, too!
And, I NEVER have to worry about what others think, because I'm in the closet!:brolleyes:

If LOOKING female wasn't all that important to us, we could ALL just throw on a fem outfit that we felt good in, and FORGET the wigs, makeup, etc., etc!:)

UNFORTUNATELY, CDing DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!:doh:
( I KNOW there's a lucky few that Do dress like that!):eek:

Christina Horton
05-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Doesn't the Canadian constitution give you the right to bare sholders... Or was that bear arms? No bare arms.. Wait.. That's only in the US? Oh well.. I don't wear things that don't look good on me... and spagittie... Spagettie? Thin straps don't.. And the way I see it.... pound for pound... The more clothing I can wear the better.. :).

Wear what you want, Christina!! That is wear what you want... as long as it isn't ...... Denim!! :D

Spaghetti. LOL I cheat I have a spell check I use now. LOL.

Yes The Canadian constitution does state that we have the right to bear arms. I have a set of grizzly arms mounted in the living right now so :tongueout!!!!

And If I wear DENIM It's my choice MOM. I will wear jeans in drab mode but not dressed yet.

Well here's a pic of me with a new dress see of you like it an if not I could care less. Dam I love this new way of looking at things. Oh when I left the house I forgot to change to my fem-glasses so It may look a little weird.

pamela_a
05-20-2009, 10:44 AM
The right to bear arms?? I thought it was the right to arm bears :)

I feel the same way about my shoulders but that looks good on you Christina. Like docrobsherry said, we are our own worst critics. The only thing I can say about your look is, IMO, do what I did and go for smaller framed glasses but keep that great smile.

-Paula-

Christina Horton
05-20-2009, 11:05 AM
The right to bear arms?? I thought it was the right to arm bears :)

I feel the same way about my shoulders but that looks good on you Christina. Like docrobsherry said, we are our own worst critics. The only thing I can say about your look is, IMO, do what I did and go for smaller framed glasses but keep that great smile.

-Paula-

If we armed Bear's I think the hunters would hate us girls!! And Yogi bear would finally get ride of the park ranger and all the death's and the pincknick basket would litter the parks """"oh the inhumanity.""""
I have better Glasses but forgot them I have a pic of the glasses is here.
This is the two pic's one with my drab glasses and one with my dressed glasses. What do you think Paula?

Laura Evans
05-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Christina, I was the same way. Since I lift weights and ride a bike competively I have muscular arms and legs and I believed that when en femme I needed to cover up to avoid being perceived as a man. To make a long story short, with the encouragement of GG friends I began to go out in public with my arms and legs uncovered and I was surprised to notice no change in peoples reactions to a woman moving pass them. I am still greeted as a female and I don't notice secondary glances. As has been mentioned there are woman of all shapes and sizes out there and a few have muscular physiques as well. We are our own worse critics. I now love to wear sleevless tops and shorter skirts/dresses.

Nicole Erin
05-20-2009, 01:46 PM
My shoulders would scare Peyton Manning. Large and built.
I don't know, I like to keep mind covered.

Now Christina, start working on that tan and you will look quite sexy in a sleeveless. :D

EDIT - hmm, about models having brouad shoulders, well maybe that is a loo cause it seems those shoulder pads in certain garments are coming back again.

/runs off to ask her big sister about this broad shoulder thing...

Di
05-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Sarah is right models do have broad shoulders.:D Spaghetti straps, small straps both would work but not halter tops. Be proud of yourself and one word of advice
DEFINITELY NO SLOUCHING!
Not saying you do.....just in case:D

sissystephanie
05-20-2009, 05:54 PM
I am fortunate in that I am small boned and therefore do not have broad shoulders. So I do, on occasion, wear spaghetti strap tops. My one complaint about them is that to look "proper," you need to wear a strapless bra, so the straps don't show. I have two, one black and one white, but really need a nude color one. Haven't found a nice one yet!

As most of you know, I am definitely a "don't care" girl. Going out dressed, but with no wig and no makeup. It is fun being a CD!!

5150 Girl
05-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Now remember , I Really don't care If I pass, the way I see it is if the Normals See the glory that is us CDers the more they
A) get use to it.
B) can except it better if there experience with me is truly a good one

C) if you live in redneck hillbilly teritory they could decalir "open season" of CD's TGs TS's and what ever else they don't like.... (Isert audio track, "duling banjos")

Christina Horton
05-20-2009, 10:55 PM
C) if you live in redneck hillbilly teritory they could decalir "open season" of CD's TGs TS's and what ever else they don't like.... (Isert audio track, "duling banjos")

What you must rember is when you hear the music just turn it off then the hillbillys will go home and go back to drinking moon shine and haveing sex with there sisters. That is the way out for Hun

Hope
05-21-2009, 02:38 AM
A part of being a girl is, just like girls do, learning what sorts of clothes look good on you - not learning to tolerate looking - less good - in the outfits you wish you looked good in.

Wear what you like - by all means. But you will do better if you learn to wear what looks good on you. Blessed are those who just happen to love the styles that look good on them.

Helen H. Heels
05-21-2009, 08:21 AM
I felt as Karren, the more coverage the better. Then I have this amazing long black dress that is meant to hang just off the shoulders. I resisted always trying to pull up the shoulders but after a while I noticed how nice it was to walk in this dress and show off my wide(ish) shoulders.
When I get into my fem self charachter, I can relax and enjoy the fashion as it is meant to be, not as I need to cover.
Love,
Helen:2c:

5150 Girl
05-21-2009, 09:45 PM
What you must rember is when you hear the music just turn it off then the hillbillys will go home and go back to drinking moon shine and haveing sex with there sisters. That is the way out for Hun

Would you belive the next county south of me actully holds an anual moonshine festival? Complete with working still no less! (that raw corn mash stinks!)
I'm not joking when I say Perry County Ohio poves all of Jeff Foxworthy's material!

Jenni_Aurora
05-22-2009, 02:44 AM
I've ventured down that way a few times 5150. I'm glad i stay up north, near Sandusky Bay. The worst thing i have to deal with is tourist traffic coming to and from Cedar Point. And yes, I too have broad shoulders, and i'm trying to find what will actually make them seem smaller. I'm just glad i'm patient enough to do so.

Christina Horton
05-22-2009, 06:05 AM
I've ventured down that way a few times 5150. I'm glad i stay up north, near Sandusky Bay. The worst thing i have to deal with is tourist traffic coming to and from Cedar Point. And yes, I too have broad shoulders, and i'm trying to find what will actually make them seem smaller. I'm just glad i'm patient enough to do so.
Jenni you should read my other post titled,I don't pass but, do I care what the public thinks yes& no you say (what). That's my other ground brakeing earth shaking boom I figgered out for myself. It opened my eyes and helped my to get over it. See what you think. The more you try to hide them the more they stick out.