PDA

View Full Version : Phony Avatars

Julie
07-05-2005, 08:41 AM
I don't fault anyone for using an avatar that's not them. It takes a lot of courage to post a real picture of yourself on the Internet for all the world to see. The reality, of course, is that there's a snowball's chance in hell that anyone you know will ever find that picture and realize it's you, but that's another story.

What baffles me however is when members who use pictures that are obviously real women (unless you started transitioning at puberty) get compliments from other members. Geez, ladies, we all are XY and that Y creates some serious side effects that hamper your ability to look female. If you see a picture of someone who looks like a woman, it probably is.

Now I know places like Austins Angels (http://www.austinsangels.com/) do a phenomenal job of getting us to look like a real GG and you can tell the pics are professionally done. But when you see a picture that looks like it's a real GG in a natural setting or from a catalog, don't you wonder?

So ladies, before you pay out those compliments, think! We are all (mostly) men and it ain't easy for a man to get himself all pretty like a woman.

Sorry if I stepped on any toes. I just had to vent.

Katie Ashe
07-05-2005, 09:09 AM
I would put up a real pic of me, but I don't have all the make-up I need. I'm also growing my hair out, cause I can't afford a wig... Kinda on a budget right now. Like you said, no one I know would ever see me here. So there's my answer, beside my advatar depics my personality better, always on the defense.

Hugs, Katie

Lady Jayne
07-05-2005, 09:50 AM
I agree to a degree about some of the Avatars Julie, perhaps if posting an avatar of a GG a little footnote may be in order but,

If you see a picture of someone who looks like a woman, it probably is.

?????
I'd suggest you take a look at your own, if I saw that anywhere else it wouldn't occure to me that your not a GG, and what about Amelie she's a babe then there's Mona, Cindy barnes, Mand the list goes on (sorry girls if I've missed anyone).My point is there are a lot of masculine women out there and a lot of femmanine Gurlz here. Sure some of the avatars are obviously GG's but if your fairly new to places like this and your not expecting to find GG's here it's easy to understand how you might be fooled. I know before I came here I tended to think all crossdressers were like Drag artists and way over the top.....Boy was I in for a supprise!

Susan Walker
07-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Compliments on phony avatars. Some people are easily amused.

JoAnnDallas
07-05-2005, 10:06 AM
When I first joined, my avatar was of me dressed but from neck down. I did not have my wig yet and since then I have posted a full length avatar. If your self concoince of your looks, then just crop the top part of your pic, so only your body and legs show.

CharleneCD
07-05-2005, 10:07 AM
Julie, I see your point and can somewhat agree. I have been fooled once by a GG avatar pic. But you need to be careful in your way of defining how to tell if the avatar is real or not. If I did not already know what gender you were born with, I would think that you were a real woman, based on your avatar pic.

Teddie
07-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Julie, I see your point and can somewhat agree. I have been fooled once by a GG avatar pic. But you need to be careful in your way of defining how to tell if the avatar is real or not. If I did not already know what gender you were born with, I would think that you were a real woman, based on your avatar pic.

I'll 2nd that. :dance:

Wendy me
07-05-2005, 10:32 AM
well all i can say abought phony avatars is some people always think thay need to be some one or something that thay are not...now some that have them came out and said this is not me ...and thats cool ...i mean be up frought if it is good if it is not don't be a plastic person.....and yes thay are my real boobs in mine....

Jonien
07-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Point taken Julie will this one be OK it is me

Deidra Cowen
07-05-2005, 11:17 AM
LOL I got one of those glamour shots from a makeover artist for my avatar like Julie refers to. I have never again taken a pic that good...guess I should pull it down and put up something that looks more like Deidra on a typical dressing session.

Adrianne
07-05-2005, 11:18 AM
I agree with you Julie but i don't have a picture of me small enough yet on my computer so when i do i want to post it.

Bye Adrianne.

Fiona K
07-05-2005, 11:22 AM
I guess it is a confidence thing, when I first joined I used an image of my wig taken from ebay!! As confidnece builds then we get to see the real person,

Fiona
xx

jo_ann
07-05-2005, 11:48 AM
If you don't want people to see your face, then how bout just a leg shot? I know a lot of forum sites use cartoon characters or symbols as avatars, but in a forum like this I think it helps to see the people who are talking.

Wow, austinangels looks like they do REALLY good work (probaby better than glamour shots "do they even exist anymore?"). The TG shop out in chicago is called rori's, and judging by the pictures they have on their site I'm not real impressed. I don't think they do a much better job than I can do.. austin angels looks like they do really glamourous work.

Cindy K
07-05-2005, 12:02 PM
I haven’t got a problem with any one reconising my Aviator on here or other sites like it, these sites don’t just appear as pop ups, I have spent time searching for them or getting links from friends, so in my view any one who is lurking around on here is doing so for one of two reasons, they are either a TV or an admirer.

I can hardly see them saying to their mates down the pub guess who I saw on a Tranny site. :eek:

Sara Kat
07-05-2005, 12:08 PM
What are you talking about Julie...that's me. :D

Jill
07-05-2005, 12:11 PM
I don't have a problem posting pics of myself because I always chop off the head!

Cindy K
07-05-2005, 12:16 PM
I don't have a problem posting pics of myself because I always chop off the head!
We could get together and make a complete person. ;)

mariej
07-05-2005, 12:28 PM
You can always disguise a real pic of yourself as I like to do.
I think it was Ronna who said that Photo Shop can make a silk purse from a sow's ear!!!!
L&P
Mariej
xx

Heather Daniels
07-05-2005, 12:32 PM
I've changed mine to a pic of me. Hope you all like. :)

Stephanie Brooks
07-05-2005, 12:34 PM
My avatars change with my moods and needs, but I keep a real pic of me in my profile. Sometimes my avatar is of commercial models, such as my current one, sometimes an Anime/Manga character, sometimes a "sexy robot", sometimes just a thing. Occasionally I use my own pic if I can tolerate seeing myself.

Marla GG
07-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Occasionally I use my own pic if I can tolerate seeing myself.

Stephanie, hand on heart, I think you are adorable. I don't know if it's the cool glasses, the cute hairstyle, or the terrific smile, but I actually miss seeing your avatar when it's not up.

Ashley in Virginia
07-05-2005, 01:06 PM
I know this thread was meant for me and my avatar. I just know it .....:p

Amelie
07-05-2005, 01:11 PM
I know this thread was meant for me and my avatar. I just know it .....:p

Ashley,,,You mean that's not you in the avatar?

My avatar is phony,, my real name is Mic Jaggar, I got this photo from some homeless, punk drag queen in the East Village.

DonnaT
07-05-2005, 01:12 PM
I will admit that I find it difficult to differentiate between a GG and a CD at times. Failed that quiz thingy in one post.

Compliments are great for our confidnece, so go ahead and compliment those you like. I just hope the person being complimented can be kind and courageous enough to say "Thank you, but that's not me." :)

Likewise, I hope if someone wants to call a person 'out' on their avatar, they do it personally in a PM. :thumbsup:

Julie
07-05-2005, 01:14 PM
To clarify things, I wasn't commenting on people who use a picture other than theirself. There's a bunch of avatars you can use if you're apprehensive, don't have a decent pic or whatever reason you don't want to post a real picture of yourself. You can put up any avatar you want as long as it follows the guidelines listed in the rules which basically say it can't have a copyright on it and it can't be a nude or lewd picture. Read the rules (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/announcement.php?f=1) and follow them and it's no problem.

I fully understand the reluctance of some not to put their face up on the Internet where millions of people can see them. I was nervous the first time I did it but after a year of being on two forums, nothing has come of it. And besides, I doubt anyone I work with would be caught dead coming here and even then, would they recognize me?

The first time I went to Escapades in drab the bartender, who knows Julie very well, had no idea who I was. I had to stand in front of him and speak to him before he knew and it still took him several seconds to realize who I was. That told me I have little to fear of being outed by my pictures online.

What I was saying is there are some avatars that are OBVIOUSLY GGs (unless they started HRT at or before puberty). The ones I can think offhand are full body shots with enough skin showing to let you know that's no crossdresser. Why compliment them on their looks when it's not even them? That was pretty much the gist of my post.

Maria2004
07-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Oh well, guess I'm busted. Might as well fess up. Here's how "really" look dressed up en femme and en drab with my motor-sickle :cool:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/maria04/meme.jpg

Kaye_martin
07-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Girls, I was going to post a photo of myself but over the months I've sort of grown to look so like my avatar that I thought it would be a huge waste of keyboard time to swap over the pics. Of course I wish this was true :o !

kaye_martin

jessica33
07-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Well , I finally got enough courage to post a pict in the profile section . Please don't laught .

Jessica

Julie
07-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Well , I finally got enough courage to post a pict in the profile section . Please don't laught .

Jessica

There's nothing to laugh at, you look fantastic!

Amelie
07-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Hi Jessica and welcome to the forum. Same here, there is nothing to laugh at in your pic,,,,well maybe I'll giggle at the yellow painted walls, but you look nice.
Amelie

Tristen Cox
07-05-2005, 01:51 PM
The POINT here is that although you use a face that is a REAL female there are those who have posted either full avatars showing a complete body or profile picture doing the same. As long as they DO NOT claim these are pictures of themselves, there is no problem. I have added various GG shots to use as starter avatars for everyone who at this time for whatever reason can not or will not use a picture of themselves. But when you see a full figure shot that doesn't take a genius to see that no GUY can have those lines, take care before assuming that is them. We all like to dream a bit, of course. But when someone cop's a pic off the web and claims it's themselves, that is plagarism. IT IS ILLEGAL. I'm not saying we should go around looking for these or that it might be you or a friend of yours who is doing this. Most of the time things are fine here. Sometimes if you look a real picture is on the users profile, and then you know the avatar is not them. But don't be so quick to assume a newbie's picture of a GG is really their picture. ASK, see if they answer? If they say it's theirs there are members here who do searches and detective work. Believe me any fake pictures will come out. Please address any plagarism issues to a moderator.

PS Sara? That's not you? NO WAY! All this time...... :p

Maria2004
07-05-2005, 01:54 PM
You look wonderful jessica33. Congratulations on "finding the courage". Well actually I don't think you "found" it, it's really been there all along.;)

Feels nice to finally be seen doesn't it:thumbsup:

Anita
07-05-2005, 02:09 PM
no mine is me honest I do look at some Avatars and think too femme and they probably are real women I agrre a little note added saying "not me" would not go amiss

Stephanie Brooks
07-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Thank you Marla! ^_^

*BIG WARM HUGGLES*

Teddie
07-05-2005, 02:20 PM

Jessica

Very Nice, Jessica :clap: :clap:

Stephanie Brooks
07-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Congrats and Welcome Jessica!!!!!! ^_^

Pip
07-05-2005, 03:04 PM
I picked this avatar off of the list on this site and have actually had two people PM me thinking it was me. I thought when I selected it that it was obviously cartoonish enough so as not to confuse people but I guess congrats to the artist is due.

I have no decent picture of myself yet, and that's due to my crappy camera. On both occasions I told the people that PM'd me that it was not me. I don't forsee getting a better camera anytime soon so this one will have to stay. I did at least post a picture on one thread of me from behind, full body shot showing the hat I was yacking about, since I haven't been wig shopping yet. Even Tristen said nice first effort but agreed that my camera deserved a decent burial!

Pip

Tristen Cox
07-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Just for a bit of a flashback, this was my first avatar. GG or was it really me? Obvious answer? Yar!!

Priscilla1018
07-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Julie M,

You are a lovely lady both inside and out.Yeah,my avatar is all me,no GG would want to look that bad.

Stephanie Brooks
07-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Wow. First avatars. Gave this outfit to my GG buddy Blade in a previous purge. I always enjoyed seeing her wearing it to work. ;)

Pip
07-05-2005, 03:18 PM
And who would argue with you Priscilla! Don't be pointin' that thing at ME!

And Tristen, after your last photo you put on the site, I'm not sure if I can tell the difference!

Pip

Tristen Cox
07-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Wow. First avatars. Gave this outfit to my GG buddy Blade in a previous purge. I always enjoyed seeing her wearing it to work. ;)
Here was the first real avatar of me I used last July

JoAnnDallas
07-05-2005, 03:23 PM
TRISTEN... very sexy avatar.

Fallen Angel
07-05-2005, 03:38 PM
im no fake its realy me, julie love you to death so dont think im upset or any thing :) i think its wounderfull that ive been asked if i was a gg its great to know that hard work does pay of xxooxx :D

Sophia Rearen
07-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Julie,
Your avatar reminds me of my high school sweet heart. She was beautiful. She broke my heart.

Anita
07-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Fallen Angel when you look that good a "not me Avatar" would be retrograde step
love Anitaxx
you ARE a GG to me! :) lol

DanaJ
07-05-2005, 04:40 PM
<---- A slight cropping of my first avatar. I have used at least 10 different avatars (all have been me), I like to rotate them :)

DanaJ

Amelie
07-05-2005, 04:44 PM
My first avatar was of this person, she is called death. I had no pics of me at the time I joined. This picture, she has hands like a man.

Maddie Knight
07-05-2005, 04:53 PM
I think the avatar should reflect how you want people to perceive yourself.
If false pictures are that perception, then use them.
By the way, my avatar is really me.

Wendy me
07-05-2005, 04:54 PM
my frist picture here......http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/6089/oldwendypictures5ui.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

azure
07-05-2005, 05:01 PM
however, I'll simply say my avatar is one I chose from the ones available, she isnt me, but maybe in another life I can look like her. I dont want to put a pitcure of me on here really,for my own reasons. And to quote Forrest Gump, "thats all I have to say about that".

Julie York
07-05-2005, 05:08 PM
O.k.! These aren't my real shoes o.k.?

Happy now?

But it does convey my character quite nicely. Which is the idea isn't it?

If I looked as good as Cindybarnes or Generblenderdenderender I'd be posting my picture almost as much as Tristen.

But I don't.
Yet!?

CharlotteSomers
07-05-2005, 05:17 PM
For those that want to show an avatar of their true self but still want some anonymity, I've found doing a close partial crop is a good way to go. It shows some detail without showing too much and still leaves a little mystery as ot the full identity.

<------- + Cropping =

http://storage.msn.com/x1pxOYwqu4SjF4q8q-hxBn7wK1y_VHwlnDrmfIfSY4UX5rMqfweZervusupOKGIueThT l5MDFxXJOtby4xLDG6H2NijRJ3mZybJ5h-RBfV41XzJnyOpc-cCrR5FbitueIG_UOTkwq3SYd5wYkoVTlcfGg

Sarah Cummings
07-05-2005, 05:26 PM
I am a real cd! Though the question is......am I as naughty as I look in my avatar? Hmmmm :strugglin , could be. I do also have a profile pic that shows more of me than my avatar. For the longest time before I had my avatar posted, thanks to Julie M, (love you too gorgous), I didn't have anything there. I could have had something (anything) other than me posted. But I wanted either me, or nothing. So for quite sometime, you saw nothing. Now it's me. If you'd like to see more of me, look for the thread "Sarah's pics (finally)" Thanks to Tristen She helped me get those posted. (Love ya babe). Tristen is right though, most of us like to dream, and some avatars can reflect those dreams and we'd like for others to see what we are dreaming. As Tristen mentioned the part that's wrong is when someone claims a pic to be of them and it's not. Otherwise, if it's not them and there is nothing from that person claimming that to be them, then we can see that persons beautiful dream. I hope that all dreams come true. Love Sarah.

Rachel Ann
07-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Back down memory lane ... OK, here's my very first av here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/NoodlesRomanoff/RachelAnn.jpg
My younger girl dreaming of the future. I need more pictures, I am getting bored with the ones I have that are any good.

This is the internet, girls! Anybody can represent themselves as they choose, in words or pictures. Anyway, what does it matter? I see no reason to call anyone out unless they are hurting somebody else. Clicking on the user ID often shows a pic of the real Tgirl as well.

You look great to me, Julie Y! And Charlotte, you are hotter than snot, if you will forgive a rustic expression (anyway, I heard it from a GG).

I also like the way Stephanie B uses pix of models to show a new outfit, or a cartoon to show a mood.

Rachel xx

Krissi
07-05-2005, 05:57 PM
I think the point Julie was trying to make is that there are people posting obviously phony pics and avatars and claiming them as themselves. It doesn't just happen here, it happens all over the net. I remember the first time I signed online a loooong time ago and chatted with and had someone send me their pic. I was stunned at the luck of having bumped into someone with supermodel looks my first trip online. Oh and don't get me started on some of the dating sites. Apparently on some of the free sites, cast members of shows like Buffy and Smallville are really needing dates, cause I've seen pics taken straight from those shows plastered all on there.

I use my legs for my avatar because I think they are my best feature and I don't have too many pics of me enfemme yet. My face pic is a horrid mirror shot that just drives me crazy. Soo you girls get to stare at my legs crossed and the hem of one of my favorite skirts!

Tristen Cox
07-05-2005, 06:28 PM
I am a real cd! Though the question is......am I as naughty as I look in my avatar? Hmmmm :strugglin , could be. I do also have a profile pic that shows more of me than my avatar. For the longest time before I had my avatar posted, thanks to Julie M, (love you too gorgous), I didn't have anything there. I could have had something (anything) other than me posted. But I wanted either me, or nothing. So for quite sometime, you saw nothing. Now it's me. If you'd like to see more of me, look for the thread "Sarah's pics (finally)" Thanks to Tristen She helped me get those posted. (Love ya babe). Tristen is right though, most of us like to dream, and some avatars can reflect those dreams and we'd like for others to see what we are dreaming. As Tristen mentioned the part that's wrong is when someone claims a pic to be of them and it's not. Otherwise, if it's not them and there is nothing from that person claimming that to be them, then we can see that persons beautiful dream. I hope that all dreams come true. Love Sarah.
Thank you Sarah :)

Sherlyn
07-05-2005, 06:30 PM
I change my avatar all the time :rolleyes:..it is me...I never really thought about what Julie has said ...guess it really doesn't bother me...

Susan Walker
07-05-2005, 06:38 PM
I only change my avatar when I feel like it or when someone makes change it.

Shinya
07-05-2005, 06:39 PM
Wow, I don't know if this is a ribbing or grilling. I have had my own pics up in my avy and pro, just not now. The pics that are up now are not GG's. The avy is Izam of Shazna, and of course Mana in the pro. I would never claim those as being me.

Paula Rae
07-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Hey Ladies

Julie M, "So ladies, before you pay out those compliments, think!"
Sorry, you're right, I wasn't thinking, didn't stop to think someone would be cheating.

Susan Walker, "Compliments on phony avatars. Some people are easily amused."
You hit the nail on the head.

Jill-Cindy,
How's this, having fun!

Ricki B

Tristen Cox
07-05-2005, 06:41 PM
OKay this thread is gettin weird dude! :eek: :lol:

Rachel Ann
07-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Ricki, that's a delightful pic. You should really use it as the portrait in your public profile!

cindybarnes
07-05-2005, 06:43 PM
Ok,, Adriane & Pretty in PA,,,, now im heart broke cause I thought those were you girls avitars :)
I have seen many great photos that would be impossible to tell,, GG/CD,, so I dont question it often,
The chat room I first met most of my friends, online and in person, has a very strict rule, and that is if your avitar is not your pic, it has to say "fantasy pic" underneath. Of course we are not talking about Homer Simson pics, but this leaves no room for guessing . Its no big deal to me, but see how someone intentionaly trying to mislead others is wrong, Im sure if I look here in the rules its outlined in a similar way
Cindy

Tristen Cox
07-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Okay this is the real me... satisfied?

<-----------------

Rachel Ann
07-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Okay this is the real me... satisfied?
Shame on you, Tristen!
7/5 update: never mind.

Sharon
07-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Okay, I confess -- the avatar isn't really me. I'm actually quite stunning, but I didn't want to give the rest of you inferiority complexes.

Sweet Jeanette
07-05-2005, 07:25 PM
I would EXPRESSLY hope that NO ONE thinks that my avatar is the "Real Me"!!! :eek: ------It is merely a depiction of how I feel inside of me, and of what I would LIKE to look like!---I like the seductive, sexy look that my avatar gives, and the impression that it gives, of --"Mystery"!-------But NO!---In NO way, is it the "Real Me"!!!-----------In fact, the "real me" looks like Sean Connery in that movie-" The Hunt for Red October"!---An old movie. ---Can you imagine that type of person in Dress?-----Well, thats what I look like!!! :eek:

Stephanie Brooks
07-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Wow, I don't know if this is a ribbing or grilling. I have had my own pics up in my avy and pro, just not now. The pics that are up now are not GG's. The avy is Izam of Shazna, and of course Mana in the pro. I would never claim those as being me.
I THOUGHT the face looked familiar. ^_^ Here's one of Izam from my archives...

Stephanie Brooks
07-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Sharon,

I love your new avatar. Very nice!

Maria2004
07-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Okay, I confess -- the avatar isn't really me. I'm actually quite stunning, but I didn't want to give the rest of you inferiority complexes.

oops, looks like you put the "stunning" avatar up by mistake instead of the fake. Now I'm back into "inferiority complex" counsuling :cry: Curse youuuuuuuu! :p

Pip
07-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Its no big deal to me, but see how someone intentionaly trying to mislead others is wrong, Im sure if I look here in the rules its outlined in a similar way
Cindy

I hope you aren't infering that I tried to mislead anyone intentionaly or broke any rules. Like I said, I picked this from a list of avatars available on this site. Besides, more than once I've mentioned that I'm a 6'4" 250lb guy. The cute little artist rendition I have up couldn't possibly be more than 5'2", 100 lbs soaking wet!

I just thought it was a cute little drawing and was reflectant of how I wanted to feel when dressed. I can tell that it is a drawing and would hope that most people can too. If my mug was there instead nobody would want to read my posts anyway....the fright factor would run them off!

Pip

emmicd
07-05-2005, 08:08 PM
I will post a picture when I'm ready to! I don't need to be rushed! I'm perfectly happy with the cartoon character right now. When I find the right picture that captures my femme self I will use it. But I will need guidance on how to put it in my profile and as an avatar. I'm not all that proficient with computers.

My 6 year old knows more about computers than I do!

Emmi

Tamara Croft
07-05-2005, 08:10 PM
My first avatar was a pic of an Ice-Queen... then came the real pic of me.... to which most of you thought I looked like butter wouldn't melt :p ... how wrong you all were!!!! :lol:

This avatar..... I'm afraid.... is really me :D

ronni
07-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Come on, don't be silly, lighten up! We are pretending to be girls, aren't we? Why not pretend to be Aphrodite? There's no harm done. And what if I wanted to be Betty Rubble? I will if I want to!

Priscilla1018
07-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Nothing to be afraid of sweetie.

cindybarnes
07-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Pretty In PA,, Oh no thats not what I meant, I just assumed that was you when reading prevoius posts. Like I mentioned I dont study or judge others on their avitar, and realy never thought about which ones were real till this thread came up,, I guess I was just used to the "fantasy" note on pics before and just assumed,,,,,,,, It is a cute pic BTW :)
Cindy

umbrellagirl GG
07-05-2005, 08:52 PM
LOL - this thread is definitely interesting. I've participated on a number of music-related message boards and definitely seen tremendous confusion when someone uses an avatar that is a singer, and someone else doesn't recognize who it is, and thinks that is really the person making the post. For a while I used a not-so-well-known singer named Charlotte Martin (http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/fashionmel/char.jpg) and occasionally encountered others who thought that was really me.

I know it is a bit jaded, but I generally think that on the internet it is best to NOT jump to the conclusion that the avatar you see actually represents the person making the post.

Okay, so that's really me in my avatar. Of course, I was a little intimidated by the many beautiful women here so I made it into a black & white pic. :D

Nanci
07-05-2005, 09:13 PM
I have always enjoyed looking at pictures of beautiful women so I have never minded seeing some of the avatars that just maybe, possibly, weren't really pictures of the authors. Julie, I love your pictures and your descriptions of your outings! I know everyone is self-conscious of their image but I still think you look great!

My avatar is all me, from the waist down, of course. I would even scare myself if I had to look at a picture with my face on top of this body. When I look in the mirror, I try very hard not to look above the neck as it ruins the illusion.

Stormgirl
07-05-2005, 09:17 PM
<......thats me.no really it is. :eek: Only kidding.

Julie
07-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Julie,
Your avatar reminds me of my high school sweet heart. She was beautiful. She broke my heart.

Sorry, I didn't mean to. https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/emoticons/F_05BL~1.GIF

Ava Mouse
07-05-2005, 10:49 PM
OK, I'll come clean. Here's what I REALLY look like,... well, before I shave...

Sindy
07-05-2005, 11:13 PM
Okay, I admit it, yes that is really me in the avatar. I've always been told that I am a bit 2 dimensional and I guess that sums it up. I am a real person with a penguin living in my fridge. No I can't grant you access to the giant robots or even begin to tell you what exactly the anime show I starred in is really about.

Seriously, though. I am looking into getting at least a webcam that can take a photo(more reasonably priced than a digital cam) and as soon as I get one, I will post some type of pic. I haven't decided yet if I am going to do a full face and body or just body. By the way, bonus points for anyone who knows what I am talking about in the first paragraph!

Jesse69
07-05-2005, 11:32 PM

Who is this Izam - can you tell me about her? She is really beautiful!

As for my Avatar - it is me, but since I'm a closet crossdressor I guess I won't ever show my face, unless a real genetic girl is interested in me!

I've had problems with employment because of my crossdressing so I have to stay private.

I really do enjoy seeing the real pics of people in their avatar and not the phony ones - makes you see the person who is talking / posting.

Rikki
07-06-2005, 12:03 AM
Sorry ladies, this is the real me, scarry enough without putting the head out there without a wig and face paint. I will eventually finish the picture and post when I can.

Rikki

Sharon
07-06-2005, 01:01 AM
Sorry ladies, this is the real me, scarry enough without putting the head out there without a wig and face paint. I will eventually finish the picture and post when I can.

Rikki

I'm looking forward to the day you do, Rikki! :)

Tristen Cox
07-06-2005, 01:02 AM
..and I suppose I'll be making another avatar for you when you do ;)

samanthajay
07-06-2005, 01:33 AM
my first avatar was of me but i realize i need a better look then that so i took it off and put the best anime boy girl i could think of ramna. how many of you woul love to switch from boy to girl with a slap of water witch deoends on the waters tempeture. cold water turn you into a girl watm turns you back.
and now my avatar is mana. he so hot. i want to cos play a him. him and yoshiki from x-japan are like my idoles :D

JoannaDees
07-06-2005, 01:43 AM

Jessica

Absolutely not! NOTHING to laugh at! Very, very nice Jessica.

azncd
07-06-2005, 01:45 AM
this thread is great... it's like a scab... you have to keep picking at it...
btw. i agree that it doesn't really matter what picture you put on, as long as you don't say that it's actually you...

(mine's a gg.. if by "gg" you replace the first "g" with a "M" and the second "g" with an "E") <-- that was kinda confusing

Khriss
07-06-2005, 01:57 AM
Ava- the point WAS!?!- Did You Get That Squirrels- (Tree Mouses)- permission? my Avatar??? real-"tire biter",, gotta be,,,, "K" -hehe-er- woof!

Cindy K
07-06-2005, 01:58 AM
Hey Ladies

Julie M, "So ladies, before you pay out those compliments, think!"
Sorry, you're right, I wasn't thinking, didn't stop to think someone would be cheating.

Susan Walker, "Compliments on phony avatars. Some people are easily amused."
You hit the nail on the head.

Jill-Cindy,
How's this, having fun!

Ricki B

Ummm I like my new legs. :D

mand
07-06-2005, 02:07 AM

Stephanie, who is that on the photo, tell you what "I want that look" she is stunning, I'm inspired totally...................

love mand xxx

Shinya
07-06-2005, 03:23 AM
Stephanie, who is that on the photo, tell you what "I want that look" she is stunning, I'm inspired totally...................

love mand xxx

That is Izam, singer of a band known as Shazna from the 90's. He is japanese, yes he. I have music videos of the band. Izam is just drop dead.

Tell you what, I will up load my folder of Shazna and Izam photos.

http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0HXZEESNJU8612NQT2NAN61UW1

about 50 meg worth/ 500 pics

mand
07-06-2005, 03:36 AM
That is Izam, singer of a band known as Shazna from the 90's. He is japanese, yes he. I have music videos of the band. Izam is just drop dead.

Tell you what, I will up load my folder of Shazna and Izam photos.

http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0HXZEESNJU8612NQT2NAN61UW1

about 50 meg worth/ 500 pics

Thankyou Shinya, "HE" I'm speechless :) ...........Absolutley stunning, now there's one avatar I would swear was a GG :)

love mand xxx :)

norbie
07-06-2005, 05:49 AM
Well I think if you look at my Avatar, if you think a 62 year young CD can look like this then you are dreaming. I can be equal to my Avatar right to the neck - but I still haven't worked out my face. But I adore the Lady in my Avatar she is beautyful.
Thats all, Norbie

Susan Walker
07-06-2005, 07:15 AM
Ava, I always thought those other pictures were just too good to be true. I for one am glad you finally came clean.

Wendy me
07-06-2005, 07:20 AM

funny i always pitchured you diffrent.....http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/4391/ava1gt.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Stephenie
07-06-2005, 10:03 AM
My avatar is not me but, looks a lot like my sister. I think with a lot of work I might be able to look some what like it. I have no way to up load a pic of me and have none while dressed to up load. So for the time being you all will have to just wonder- is she as beautiful as she sounds?

KarenXDR
07-06-2005, 10:17 AM
Dear "closeted" friends:

In my wildest dreams I never thought I'd be able to post a facial for an avatar. Mine is the product of a makeover by "the wiggodess" who also operates under the name "tnorth" in Montpelier VT and who has an associates degree in post-mortem (read funeral parlor) cosmotology!! True!

The bottom line is my kids wouldn't even recognize me.

Lipstick kisses

Karen

Stephanie Brooks
07-06-2005, 11:46 AM

love mand xxx
Now you know about "him". That's what I'd call drop dead gorgeous.

kymmieLorain
07-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Maybe I'll see about posting one of myself from the neck down tho. as I haven't even tried makeup yet. I do need to look for a wig. that would work. yes I am comming out but the trip is very slooooowwwwwwwwww. LOL

Kymmie

Sweet Susan
07-06-2005, 01:25 PM
It's me. It really is. I am not computer literate enough to know how to post an avatar that isn't me. I can barely do what I do.

Wendy me
07-06-2005, 01:28 PM
It's me. It really is. I am not computer literate enough to know how to post an avatar that isn't me. I can barely do what I do.
lol your not the only one....

Tristen Cox
07-06-2005, 01:36 PM
What's an avatar? :confused:

Julie
07-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Tristen, you look different! Is it something you did to your hair? Anyway, I love the new look! It's so you! https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/emoticons/blahtounge.gif

Stephenie
07-06-2005, 02:00 PM
I think she got her teeth cleaned. Love that shade of lip gloss Tris

Tristen Cox
07-06-2005, 02:06 PM
I've always wanted to say this...

Hide ya toes

Wendy me
07-06-2005, 02:09 PM
tristen honey ,girlfreind can we talk???? ok just so no one hears ....i think you are useing too mutch blue eye shadow .....

Julie
07-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Okay, I'm calling myself on the carpet. I finally have my real picture up on my avatar. I haven't until now because I didn't want a bunch of horny guys hitting on me. I know I'm beautiful but don't hold that against me. And men, please don't ask for a date. I already have more suitors than you can imagine. Why shouldn't I? Just look at that breathtaking beauty!

Julie
07-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Julie/Tristen, nice make overs. :lol:

~Julie~

Stephanie Brooks
07-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Tristen, hmmm... you remind me of someone, an ex-girlfriend perhaps, or maybe my - no, no. ;)

Julie M, Oh My Gawd. That's it. I'm no longer a crossdresser. I'm cured. I can be in Chicago by dinnertime.

Tristen Cox
07-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Ahh self expression at it's finest. Com'on girls break out that fem side! :p

Julie
07-06-2005, 02:51 PM
<----------Moi (half of me at least) :) -------->Not Moihttp://img131.imageshack.us/img131/7159/donne9pw.gif

~Julie~

Melissa A.
07-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Like Susan, I can barely turn my computer on or off without something going wrong, which is why my boring ol' avatar has been the same for so long. But it is me, for better or worse. As far as anyone I know seeing, I thought about what could be the worst possible thing that could be the result if that happened, and decided I could live with it. I have maybe 40 years of life left, if I'm lucky,and MAYBE 10 or so more as a halfway decent looking cd!! (if I even rate as high as decent). And I ain't gonna live it in fear. (By decent, I certainly don't mean pass, I know I don't).

The real girl pics are pretty obvious. Nothing wrong with them. But I don't think they have ever fooled me into saying, "OH MY GAWD! SHE'S GORGEOUS!!" There are a small handful of girls here who a truly passable. I admire 'em, and envy 'em. But even there, you can tell they are cds, for one reason or another. THOSE are the ones that make me say wow, or the girls here with great attitudes, are funny, smart, or are obviously caring people. Lots more important than a pic.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Wendy me
07-06-2005, 03:00 PM
way to go Julie J...

Stephanie Brooks
07-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Moi. Dig that 'do, huh? Big hair is back. ^_^

Tristen Cox
07-06-2005, 03:23 PM
Stephanie! I love what you've done with your hair...uh oh *gulp* hairball.... :eek:

Stephanie Brooks
07-06-2005, 03:36 PM
Get me out get me out!!!!!!!!

Sarah Cummings
07-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Thank you Sarah :)
Your welcome sexy babe!!!!! :bow: Sarah.

Melissa A.
07-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Yay, Julie J.! Nice to see you.

-Want to qualify what I just said in last post-Just because I have decided I can live with the consequences if someone sees me here and tries to hurt me(they can knock themselves out), I don't blame anyone for feeling otherwise, and I completely understand feeling the need to remain totally anonymous.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Sarah Cummings
07-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Julie, I love your lipstick, who did it for you? The make up artists from the

movie Dick Tracy?

Sarah Cummings
07-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Tristen, what's the matter? Cat got your tounge? =)

Tristen Cox
07-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Get me out get me out!!!!!!!!
*Cough cough* phewy!:evilbegon Pink :eek: :rotflmao: :bonk:

Stephanie Brooks
07-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Whew. That was worse than wearing boy clothes.

alba68
07-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Yep this is the real me. I just can't think of a way to stop these damn boobs bouncing.

Stephenie
07-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Alba, You might check over on the FtM forum. They might have a few ideas to help with the bounce.

Tristen Cox
07-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Yep this is the real me. I just can't think of a way to stop these damn boobs bouncing.
Now you got me bouncing trying to keep up with them
:D.......... :D
...... :D ............ :eek:

Julie York
07-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Now see, I am suprised fracctl girl stephanie ? didn't think of this.

If you close one eye......spread your fingers and move it back and forth across your eye you can strobe alba's boobs and make them stand still.

(I just LOVE the idea of random people all over the world staring at the computer and doing that.....But it works!)

Ariel
07-06-2005, 05:20 PM
I don't have an avitar for 2 very good reasons. 1. Don't feel comfortable enough YET, and 2. Just not sure how to put one up if I did have a "fake one" that I wanted to use (yes Tristain, I know there is a help link :rolleyes: ).

Ariel

Tristen Cox
07-06-2005, 05:24 PM
I don't have an avitar for 2 very good reasons. 1. Don't feel comfortable enough YET, and 2. Just not sure how to put one up if I did have a "fake one" that I wanted to use (yes Tristain, I know there is a help link :rolleyes: ).

Ariel
Well did you know on your user cp there are two sets of generic avatars to use? The animation ones and if you select images there are 90 more? ;)

DanaJ
07-06-2005, 05:26 PM
OK, I really should put this up for my avatar, as I haven't been in to see my makeover lady in a while..... I need help!

DanaJ

Rachel Ann
07-06-2005, 05:53 PM
*Cough cough* phewy!:evilbegon Pink :eek: :rotflmao: :bonk:
Nice to finally see the real you, Tristen!

alba68
07-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Nothing a bit of plaster woudn't put right

RachelDenise
07-06-2005, 06:01 PM
I gotta get into this bounce thing with my phony boobs!!!! Wish they were mine but unfortunately they are recovered from a less than credible site that you wouldn't show family members! :D

alba68
07-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Ok enough of these bouncing boobs, I've got to find the alien b**ch who stole my shoes. C'mon where are ya?!?

Tristen Cox
07-06-2005, 06:07 PM
Nice to finally see the real you, Tristen!
Are you sure about that? :D

Rachel Ann
07-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Are you sure about that? :D
Works for me :D

Wendy me
07-06-2005, 06:31 PM
OK, I really should put this up for my avatar, as I haven't been in to see my makeover lady in a while..... I need help!

DanaJ

dana how many times do i need to tell you sunblock girlfreind use it..... :eek:

Julie
07-06-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm gonna have to take that pic of the real me off. My PM box is full, my e-mail is overloaded, I'm getting phone calls from suitors and there's modeling agencies knocking down my door. I knew this would happen! It's a curse to be good looking! I'm going to have to ugly myself up a bit.

"Now where did that old avatar go?"

emmicd
07-06-2005, 07:34 PM
What's with these crazy avatars?

Can't we just go back to the normal ones!

Emmi

Tamara Croft
07-06-2005, 07:40 PM

Emmi
Boooooo...... you're NO fun :( Ok..... back to normal :evilbegon

Fallen Angel
07-06-2005, 07:53 PM

DanaJ
you think you have it bad dana, this is the real me befor i put on my make up

Stephanie Brooks
07-06-2005, 07:57 PM

Emmi
Better?

Rachel Ann
07-06-2005, 08:24 PM
With all due respect, Julie, this is a bogus issue - but we have certainly had a lot of fun with it :D

Paula Rae
07-06-2005, 08:28 PM
Hey Ladies,

Enough is enough! I miss the beautiful Real Lady Avatars. One of the main reasons I love this FORUM is: I can feast my eyes on you lovely ladies.

But I do admit it has been fun, all six pages.

Ricki B

Deidra Cowen
07-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Wow! You just never know what the hot thread will be! :cool:
(btw too freaking lazy to change my avatar from my glamour shot...besides it cost me $150.00 :eek: )

Susan Walker
07-06-2005, 08:59 PM
With all due respect, Julie, this is a bogus issue - but we have certainly had a lot of fun with it :D
This is a bonus issue?.....oh you said bogus...nevermind.

ronni
07-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Right, Deidra,
like you, mine are real too!
(um...avatars)
and this is me, it is.
I wouldn't lie.

Ava Mouse
07-06-2005, 09:34 PM
funny i always pitchured you diffrent.....

"Mouse" is just a red herring...

cindybarnes
07-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Ok,, I give up ! I admit it now more than ever,, yes Im a photo tramp and like trying to make this illusion match my inner feelings :) Avitar is back cause the bug was getting ugly *S* My wife says Im stuck on my self,, mirror hog and photos every chance poss.I say its because of Cindy not being seen for 40 years and besides I wont know whats the perfect look until I find it :)
Cindy

Pip
07-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Glad to see you again Cindy.

By the way, I know a GG named Cindy Barnes, and my wife would agree with me when I say you are a lot more attractive than she is - inside and out!

Pip

cindybarnes
07-06-2005, 10:46 PM
Thanks PIP ! Thats sweet *S* and wow so now I know there's at least 3 Cindy Barns's out there ! I know this is a chat friends wifes maiden name too LOL:)
Cindy

Tristen Cox
07-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Well let's see, my arm is getting tired here, Stephanie has gone back 800,000 years, Ava needs some nuts(I DIDN'T SAY THAT!), Dana should have worn the sunblock :eek:, Susan's gone mad, and you Julie Marie - I have you right where I want you...on my desktop..you sexy 'Thang' you :love:

What a thread OMG!!!!!!! :lol:

Marianne
07-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Ok,, I give up ! I admit it now more than ever,, yes Im a photo tramp and like trying to make this illusion match my inner feelings :) Avitar is back cause the bug was getting ugly *S* My wife says Im stuck on my self,, mirror hog and photos every chance poss.I say its because of Cindy not being seen for 40 years and besides I wont know whats the perfect look until I find it :)
Cindy

b.t.w., you look great. If your wife ever kicks you out, I'll take you in! *wink*

Julie
07-06-2005, 11:44 PM
and you Julie Marie - I have you right where I want you...on my desktop..you sexy 'Thang' you :love:

What a thread OMG!!!!!!! :lol:

Oh! So that's where my beauty picture went! It's probably a good thing cuz I'm so tired of the media hounding me and the papparizzi taking my picture just because I'm beautiful!

So one last time ladies, see it and weep. You will never be as gorgeous as this.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/7-05/manlady.jpg
Oh and did I show you the picture of new love of my life? You know what they say, beauty attracts beauty.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/7-05/griz.jpg

Tristen Cox
07-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Humph! You think that's bad, this is my sister!!!!

Julie
07-07-2005, 12:13 AM

Oh yeah, I remember her! It was a moonlit night, the stars were shining, our eyes met, we got caught in a lover's gaze. I'll never forget that night! We made love in the dumpster behind Burger King and when they dumped all those old fries on us......:rolleyes:

emmicd
07-07-2005, 12:15 AM
What is it with those crazy avatars? Are you all losing your minds or something?

Emmi

Clare
07-07-2005, 12:18 AM
All of a sudden, there are these new avitars are popping up!

Julie M, why has yours been deleted - i thought you were a good girl!

Julie T, just love your new avitar!!!!!!!

Where is everyone getting these cartoon type images? I only use the ying & yang symbol, I don't have any femme pics of me, and i'd like a new avitar. Anyone got any pointers for me?

Keep those weird and funky avitars coming please - i get a real laugh from them.

Christine

Tristen Cox
07-07-2005, 12:22 AM
All of a sudden, there are these new avitars are popping up!

Julie M, why has yours been deleted - i thought you were a good girl!

Julie T, just love your new avitar!!!!!!!

Where is everyone getting these cartoon type images? I only use the ying & yang symbol, I don't have any femme pics of me, and i'd like a new avitar. Anyone got any pointers for me?

Keep those weird and funky avitars coming please - i get a real laugh from them.

Christine
Uhm who's Julie T???

Anyway go to your user cp click edit avatars on the left menu, then above the animated avatars you see Pre-defined Generic Avatars
Avatar Category: move the selector to image and click GO ;)

Clare
07-07-2005, 12:59 AM
Duh!

There is no Julie T! Where'd I get that from?

It should be Lauren T who had post # 44 in the following thread:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10789&page=2&pp=25

Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks for the pointers to the avatars Tristen

Christine

Clare
07-07-2005, 01:14 AM
Now I'm happy!

I have a new avatar and for those of you who think its the real me - i'm sorry to disappoint you!

Having said that, this avatar IS similar to how I would look with a professional makeover and wig.

Basically the facial features of the girl in the avatar are pretty similar to mine in general - same high hairline, maybe i'm a bit fleshier in the skin, the girl in the image has a better nose than mine, but otherwise I can associate with this image - so its mine now! Hands off you lot!

Christine

Tristen Cox
07-07-2005, 01:34 AM
I can hook you up with lots of sites for avatars most of them have them already sized by pixels so you can just save and use here. Glad you got it now Christine, even if it's not you, it is nice to have a face with the name. ;)

Darlene.
07-07-2005, 01:48 AM
Hey Ava,

What happened? Looks like you have peaked out. Reached the top in your pursuit. Achieved perfection working on yourself have you? Well I am all eyes…. waiting to see what you will accomplish next. :thumbsup:

Darlene.

alba68
07-07-2005, 03:43 AM
For one day only the real me then thats it.

Sharon
07-07-2005, 03:57 AM
Just one day, Alba? That's a shame -- you look lovely! :)

Julie
07-07-2005, 04:49 AM

Alba, if you let that avatar go I swear I will find a more repulsive avatar for myself and keep it until I get to see your lovely likeness again! Don't go away! You are too lovely! :thumbsup:

Rachel Ann
07-07-2005, 06:02 AM
Hey, you look nice! And pretty! But I must admit I enjoy your usual av - sort of looks like a young Jane Fonda.

Emily Ann Brown
07-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Okay, you girls have convinced me. I finally have an avatar AND it's the real me. I don't remember who said it earlier, but YES, now I feel like a part.

Emily Ann

Akyra
07-07-2005, 08:20 AM
yay!! emily coool!!!!!!!

okie so i finally put my real picture up.....

you like????????

yes? no? not buyin it are ya??????

*sobs* :cry:

Wendy me
07-07-2005, 08:23 AM
i think it's abought time we seen the real well done.....

Julie
07-07-2005, 11:28 AM

Alba, you dare!!!!!!!! Keep that lovely avatar up.

okie so i finally put my real picture up.....

Akyra, I always love it when you use your real avatar :)

~Julie~

chris
07-07-2005, 11:57 AM
thank you all so much for this thread !! i have been wanting to change my avatar and profile pic for the longest time but, well ok i'll admit it... :o i'm just plain LAZY !! :D ...so there you have it.....xoxo chris... :)

ps hope u like it

Sarah Cummings
07-07-2005, 02:16 PM

Emmi
Normal? Normal? Normal? :bonk: What (I'm afraid to ask) is Normal? :duh: :strugglin

Madilyn
07-07-2005, 02:22 PM
I don't fault anyone for using an avatar that's not them. It takes a lot of courage to post a real picture of yourself on the Internet for all the world to see. The reality, of course, is that there's a snowball's chance in hell that anyone you know will ever find that picture and realize it's you, but that's another story.

Hi Julie (and ladies),

How is everyone? It's been a long time since I've actively posted here and thought this was a good point to jump in. I've spotlighted a section of a part of Julie's opening post because I concur with this mindset 100%.

I know there are many reasons why some of us dress and go out, while others dress and stay in. I do not fault ANYONE for how they choose to make their decisions associated with crossdressing. Lord knows it's a major challenge that comes along with great fears that are related to work, family, friends, and especially, spouses and significant others. Those who have supportive spouses will never really realize how fortunate you are. Those of us who have to "dress on the sly", which is my case, have many hurdles and obstacles to overcome before being able to step out on the town.

With that being said, I enjoy dressing and looking as girly as possible, so when I get all dolled-up, the last thing I want to do is sit at a PC or in a hotel room somewhere. By God, I'm going OUT! First of all, I know what I look like in drab (and it ain't pretty). When I'm completely en femme with full make-up, hair, and dress, I look a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y NOTHING like I do when in Sir Maleness. I have all the confidence in the world that nobody will "out" me.

In fact, I have three different oriental ladies that help me with my wigs, tailoring and alterations, and hair and make-up. None of these ladies know each other and they all agree individually that there isn't any way for them to pick me out on the street if I were to walk by them (because I've definitely asked them). I also have a couple of gf's that I know while in drab also, and they tell me they would never recognize me either. My voice is another story, and I'm sure it would be a dead give-away, but I'm not talking about voice recognition right now, I'm talking about sheer physical appearance only.

The point I'm trying to make here is if you don't feel confident going out, what's it going to take to build that confidence? Those of you who sit dressed behind your PC or in a hotel room...is that your goal? Is that as much as you are trying to accomplish, or is it a stepping-stone to better and bolder things? I don't mean to start an off-topic discussion in this thread, but I just don't get it. I make getting out a celebration of the greatest magnitude because I can't do it very often. If I can't go out, I won't dress. I'm still Madilyn inside and on-line, and I will always be Maddy on-line, but because of the covertness of my dressing opportunities, I refuse to put myself through that grief just to sit behind the PC. The physical Maddy has to be tucked-away securely until the next time she can come out and play.

My second point with respect to recognition is this. If I go out on the town and hang-out at "acceptable" CD establishments, there's a comfort zone there. I am accepted and embraced. Once you step out of that comfort zone, then the reality of being recognized is magnified. The way I figure it, if I'm in a CD comfort zone and I run into somebody who knows me and they recognize me, then they have something on me, but I can guarantee you that I would have something on them also. What I'm saying is, I don't have friends or business acquaintances in normal day-to-day life who would frequent CD friendly establishments. If they do and I see them, then we obviously have more in common than either of us knew.

Some of you may have read my post about my little Mini-MaddyFest this week. This is my new avatar and my NEW LOOK for this year. I'm not happy with any of the pictures (because I looked so much hotter in the flesh), so I may play around with my avatar a bit, but I threw this up just to give you a quick peek. I'll eventually get everything posted in my Yahoo Profile Photo Album. Thanks to those of you who replied to my post. I had a great time. I am always a little meloncholy after I put Maddy away for the "season". I know it will be a long time before I see her physically materialize again, so it's somewhat of a withdrawal process for me. I just have to make the most of it whenever I can. As the Latin saying goes "carpe diem" or "seize the day" ladies...

Kisses,

Maddy :cool:

p.s. I hope to stick around here a bit more, but I can't make any promises...always know that I'm here in spirit and not too far away. I read the posts quite often without posting myself. It's hard for me to post when I can't live it daily. I hope you understand.

Sarah Cummings
07-07-2005, 02:27 PM
Looks like Popeye's aunt!!! :lol: :duh: Please don't shoot me. :hiding:

alba68
07-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Ok, ok, the avatar stays. Thanks for the lovely compliments. You are all wonderful.

Julie
07-07-2005, 03:55 PM
The way I figure it, if I'm in a CD comfort zone and I run into somebody who knows me and they recognize me, then they have something on me, but I can guarantee you that I would have something on them also.

Maddy,

This is something that always seems to get overlooked. I was talking to a guy who was a closeted gay. He said someone from work saw him walk out of a gay bar and told others at work about it. He was all upset and didn't know how to handle this. I said, "Why did't you ask him what he was doing hanging out outside a gay bar?" He looked at me like 'Wow, I never thought of that'.

The best defense is a good offense. If someone from work said he saw my picture on a crossdressers forum I, without hesitation, would fire back, "What are you doing on a crossdressers forum?" Picture that happening in a group of guys and you know he'd be toast.

I have so many pics of me available on the internet and never has this come back to bite me in the @$$. If it ever did, I'd bite back! :D

lorna2cute
07-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Okay, here's my 2 cents...

If someone does not want to use her own picture as an avatar, then why should she? Whatever happened to a little thing called privacy? And there are many CDs out there who may not want their femme photos floating on the web.

If someone wants to keep her CDing pics private, then I just think that we should respect that. Nobody should feel obligated to place her photo out on the web if she isn't comfortable with doing so.

As for those avatars deemed phony, I know there has been an issue in a couple of forums on this. I mean come on, we're all smart enough to tell the difference between an obvious fictional character (i.e. a female cartoon character) and some random GG whom cartain members may try to pass off as themselves. We can all tell the difference.

If someone has, say, Wilma Flintstone as an avatar, come on, we are all smart enough to know that this person is NOT trying to pass off this pic as herself. Let's be smart here.

Madilyn
07-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Maddy,

The best defense is a good offense. If someone from work said he saw my picture on a crossdressers forum I, without hesitation, would fire back, "What are you doing on a crossdressers forum?" Picture that happening in a group of guys and you know he'd be toast.

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#000080]

That's exactly my point Julie. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything...whether it be posting a real avatar or stepping across the threshold as a full out woman into the real world. We all have to work through our crossdressing, or should I say, we all must choose how best to crossdress. I'm all for privacy Lorna, and I certainly can't "come-out" to my real world, but when I can dress and patronize the appropriate business establishments, I feel empowered and strut my stuff. To me, dressing isn't fun if I can't share it with others (although I do admit to going to the mall shopping, and to Walgreens for cosmetics by myself, and it's a thrill to walk in)...

I think the bottom line for me is the fact that I so strongly desire to go out in femme whenever I can, so I have no fear when I have an opportunity. Some may say that stems from a deep-rooted desire to actually GET caught and have it out there, but that's not the case with me. I have no desire or "out-wish" to get caught. Which is why I have to carefully coordinate when I can have MaddyFest. This is my fourth year of documented pictures, so I'm enjoying the Evolution of Madilyn (although I'm not pleased with this years pictures).

Like Julie alluded to, if you're visiting a CD friendly establishment and happen to see somebody you know from your real life when you're there, then just turn away and don't make eye contact or speak around them. There's about a 99.999% chance that the person will not have a clue. Just don't encounter them, so you may have to leave if you are truly concerned, but you shouldn't be.

If they would happen to "make you" and actually have the hutzpah to confront you on it face-to-face, then you'll have to pull the "fancy meeting you here to" routine and find out why THEY are there. I bet you'll have a new best friend in no time...who knows, maybe even a new gf. I don't know too many people who don't have some sort of skeleton in their closet, and a great majority of those "hobbies" are far worse than wearing frilly girly clothes.

The moral to the story (in an effort to put this back on-topic) is to post whatever avatar you like, whether it is truly you, or a representation of what you are striving to achieve, just don't misrepresent youself by leading other sisters to believe the avatar is you if its not. That's all...just be honest with yourself and with all of us. There are a lot of good hearts here, and they get hurt when they find out that a sister is not who she represented herself as.

Good to see everyone and I hope to meet some new friends. I miss this place. Okay, time to go work on the new avatar...

Kisses,

Maddy ;)

p.s. This shots a little better. I would get my hair the way I wanted it for the pictures, but by the time the snap was taken my hair had already fallen. :cry:

Donna Delite
07-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Julie- I agree with you, posting an avatar that's not you is fine unless you try to decieve others into thinking it's you.

lorna2cute
07-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Julie- I agree with you, posting an avatar that's not you is fine unless you try to decieve others into thinking it's you.

That's what I'm saying!!!

And for the rest of you ladies (just in case anyone here misunderstands my post) anyone of you here who knows me well enough would know that I personally have absolutely NO reservations about going out whenever and wherever the hell I please. I pay taxes, therefore it is my RIGHT to go wherever I damn please, no matter WHAT I happen to be wearing.

And if anyone around me has a problem - well then, that's just what it is - THEIR problem. I will PROUDLY strut my stuff with the best of 'em (and you all know this) I grew TIRED of being "ashamed" almost a decade ago.

After all, before I had to deal with the public for being CD, I had to deal with the public for my skin color. So by the time my CDing was out in the open I just did not care. Enough was enough for me.

If you step on my toes, then I step on your HEAD.

However, there are still those CDs out there who are not on the same level as the rest of us - and we need to respect that and let them evolve at their OWN pace.

FionaAlexis
07-08-2005, 12:05 AM
I think posting an avatar that is not you is quite uncceptable because it is identity theft - maybe not so blatant as other types - but it still ID theft. It is almost inevitable that some people are going to be deceived unless you are posting a pic of a world famous celeb in the Julia Roberts category....and I wish you luck there.

Occasionally I've made the mistake commenting on someone's avatar or profile photo, most recently on my Hi5 'friends list', only to be told - "Oh! that's not me. It's .....???"...the weather girl from C8 Kiri Bati. And it leaves you feeling a little underwhelmed.

Fiona xx

lorna2cute
07-08-2005, 01:04 AM
I think posting an avatar that is not you is quite uncceptable because it is identity theft - maybe not so blatant as other types - but it still ID theft. It is almost inevitable that some people are going to be deceived unless you are posting a pic of a world famous celeb in the Julia Roberts category....and I wish you luck there.

Occasionally I've made the mistake commenting on someone's avatar or profile photo, most recently on my Hi5 'friends list', only to be told - "Oh! that's not me. It's .....???"...the weather girl from C8 Kiri Bati. And it leaves you feeling a little underwhelmed.

Fiona xx

Oh, I'm sure that Wilma Flintstone or Peggy Bundy will clearly object. Geeeeeez.

Rachel Ann
07-08-2005, 01:06 AM
If someone does not want to use her own picture as an avatar, then why should she? Whatever happened to a little thing called privacy?

I think posting an avatar that is not you is quite uncceptable because it is identity theft
How about this for a compromise? Post whatever you want as an avatar, but make the picture in your profile be a real picture of you (or just your legs, or whatever you're comfortable with.)

Just posting words to the effect that your av isn't you won't work - most people who see your av will never see the disclaimer.

Tristen Cox
07-08-2005, 01:33 AM
I honestly can not believe who mis-interpreted things have got in this thread. I will say this one last time and if you chose to ignore it and debate about it more than go for it. We have never had such an issue over avatars.

This is the only rule anyone here needs to worry about:

IF you post a picture of someone else be it a movie actress, or other personality other than your own JUST DO NOT CLAIM THAT IT IS YOU AND ARGUE WITH OTHERS THAT KNOW YOU ARE LYING.

You can use any picture in the universe you want to or no picture at all if you like. You do not have to use any picture or post your real self. It is not a requirement that you do or do not have an avatar.

The ONLY thing you can not do is plagarize another person's identity by claiming that their picture is yours. You can use their pictures all you like. No one here cares if I put Britney Spears up as my avatar tomorrow. But - IF I CLAIM THAT'S ME, that is plagarizing.

Is there any part of that not clear? Good.

Use anything thing you want for your profile or avatar pictures. Or nothing if you like. Just do not claim to be someone you are not. it is the same as stealing someone's driver's license - illegal.

Most of us do not do this, it is only a few isolated cases where we have had fakes post pictures that were not themselves and then admit it and laugh at us for being gullable.

~Plagiarism and copyrighted material~

1) If any members pictures (or links to pictures) are found in use without permission claiming to actually be a person they are not is plagiarism, and it is against the law. We will remove them immediately and leave a message in the post and by way of PM to said member.

2) There is to be no bashing these members. Any information or proof (etc) regarding plagiarism should be sent to a moderator and/or administrator via private message or e-mail, not posted on the forum to encourage other members to bash anyone. A strict warning will be sent that should the offender repeat said action again, they will be banned from this site indefinitely.

3) If any bashing commences on a thread over these type of matters, the thread will be locked and ALL members concerned notified that this type of behaviour is not productive, and that it is going against the rules set to maintain a peaceable community.

This is in the global announcement defining the rules.

Now please stop worrying about this, no one here is breaking any rules. The point Julie M was making is to use a bit of common sense. If you see Angelina Jolie as someone's avatar? Don't say "Omg you're so beautiful is that you?" You know the answer. (that's not a rule btw) If they say yes? THAT is what is concidered plagarism. K??

:thanks:

lorna2cute
07-08-2005, 02:06 AM
Wow, Tristen. Who knew that this little issue would be so stressful for you to get so bent out of shape the way you are. Not to mention, banning two members for their avatars without even so much as an explanation as to why. Bravo.

Geeeeeeeez. Welcome to the wonderful task of forum moderation, dear.

I moderate TWO forums on top of working TWO full-time jobs. Yet I still manage to keep my cool and remain polite to my members. :confused:

lorna2cute
07-08-2005, 03:17 AM
For the rest of you - FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! Can we PLEASE get a damn GRIP?!?

I just have one question: What MORON can't differentiate between the obvious fictional character (a damn CARTOON CHARACTER, no less) and a picture of any random GG that anyone would claim to be herself?

This makes me wonder - perhaps there is another reason why society has not fully accepted us. Not because of apprarances, but because of BAD ATTITUDES. Think about it. Enough of this crap already.

FionaAlexis
07-08-2005, 03:23 AM
Lorna,

I don't have a problem with people using cartoon characters or other fictional characters as avatars. I much prefer and feel more comfortable with those who have photo avatars of themselves.

But I do have a problem with those who post photos of others as avatars - even if those 'others' are TV or film stars etc. especially if they are less well known.

Fiona xx