PDA

View Full Version : "checking yourself out"

sandra-leigh
05-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Our building has two wings with a central atrium; the core has the elevators bridges between the wings. And the walls beside the elevators are, for whatever reason, mirrored -- not bad mirrors at all, much better than smudgy reflections.

It was coffee time, and I was headed downstairs to join the group; I paused and looked directly into the mirrors, smoothed down my hair (which I'd washed late this morning and was flying away a bit), checking that my dangling earrings were pretty much covered over -- and checked my profile briefly, both from the front and from the side, to be sure my forms weren't obvious... thick sweater but you still want to check in case the material happens to have ridden up and be clinging suggestively or something like that. And they are C-cup forms (or at least on me, all of the B-cup bras I tried with them were decidedly too small), so even though people rarely notice them on my frame even when I'm in "guy mode" (seriously! on me, C cup is not much projection -- cup size is based upon volume, and that volume is spread across my wider chest.)

So I was standing there briefly, "checking myself out", when from down the hall, I heard my (male) boss say jokingly "You're beautiful."

Opps, busted :o :o

I didn't say anything, might have chuckled slightly, and continued on my way.

If he had said anything more, tried to tease me about it, I could have explained the hair check, but I would have had a hard time explaining the profile check.

I know that by now he's noticed that I sometimes wear earrings -- I had some small fancier hoops in the other day when he was in my office talking to me, and I could tell by him being taken aback for a second that he'd noticed the hoops. And if he hadn't noticed any of my studs earrings by that point, that would have pure luck, as I've worn a variety of studs. And I'm not concerned about people seeing those fancier hoop earrings -- small hoops for guys are not too uncommon and these ones aren't especially "femme". But today was, I think, the first day (maybe the second) that I wore any kind of dangling earrings -- not big ones, not too fancy, but they are less "plausibly male" than the other ones I have worn to work.

So... anyone else been caught "checking themselves out" like a woman would?

5150 Girl
05-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Well,, my last gig nobody really cared waht i did (the media tends to ba a liberal bunch) but my gig was pretty "butch" so i couldn't fm it up to much...
But anywho, If I had ever been called out with a "You look beautiful" I likely would have courtsyed and said "thank you"

Gisele
05-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Guilty!

While shopping I am in the mirror(s) looking for anything wrong with my looks. I had one guy watching me REAL close as in "I know what you are" I gave him a big smile and he did not return in favor. Well he can just kiss it!