PDA

View Full Version : Saw that in a movie, would love to have it!

BridalBoy
05-20-2009, 04:34 PM
I thaught of a fun thing to talk about...

Is there any item of clothing you have seen a charactor wearing in a movie or show that you wish you could find and wear??

For me, I was watching "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and I would love to find something similar to the satin gown that the female role, Marian, wore. It looked devine!

Also, if you have seen Happy Gilmore, the white satin dress that Happy's tour manager wears...mmmmm

How about you?

Princess29
05-20-2009, 05:03 PM
I loved the skirt suits that Gwyneth Paltrow wore in Iron Man

deja true
05-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Um...this costume from The Mummy...except...

It's mostly just painted on...:D

PrettyFlowingGown
05-20-2009, 05:35 PM
To the OP, I loved the satin nightgown Marion wears too, its really gorgous....
Have you seen "Rollover" with Jane Fonda. She wears 2 absolute gorgous flowing evening gowns in it, and in one scene she wears one gown coming down some high stairs. I've always thought this was my fave scene in any movie. How I'd love to ber her in that gorgous gown.
Another one is "Bitter moon" with Kristian Scott Thomas. Theres a scene where she dances with another lady on a dance floor, and shes in the most beautiful ball gown. Its got a A-line skirt part too it, and it just flows....
How I'd love to dance in that.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
05-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Any of the dresses worn by Winona Ryder in Bram Stoker's Dracula!

gretchen2
05-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Happy rules!!!

Jodi
05-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Sorry, but anything that was worn by "Hanoi" Jane Fonda would be put in a pile and burned.

Jodi

Leslie Mary S
05-20-2009, 07:37 PM
I like the uniform Lt Uhura wore in Star Trek Original series.

Teri Jean
05-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Jodi I have concur with you. Now if I was to look for something I would like to dress in outside my usual it would be from the movies of the roman era or renaeisance. Or from the series "Girls next door". Also catwoman (Halle Berry) LOL. But then I would need breast augmentation to make it work right, Yessssssss.

Keli

Barbara Dugan
05-20-2009, 08:09 PM
I thaught of a fun thing to talk about...

Is there any item of clothing you have seen a charactor wearing in a movie or show that you wish you could find and wear??

For me, I was watching "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and I would love to find something similar to the satin gown that the female role, Marian, wore. It looked devine!

Also, if you have seen Happy Gilmore, the white satin dress that Happy's tour manager wears...mmmmm

How about you?

I think we have the same wish on the Marian dress..I loved that dress and the jewrly she wears with it.... divine

Billijo49504
05-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Sorry, but anything that was worn by "Hanoi" Jane Fonda would be put in a pile and burned.

Jodi
Thank you Jodi, my thoughts exactly. We like her about as much as Macain. I have no use for either one. BJ - Co.B, 3rd div, 196 LIB. 1967-68 Before Americal division took over the 196th :drink:

TSchapes
05-20-2009, 08:32 PM
I think it was in "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" where Alison Pill wore these ridiculously tall converse style sneakers. I also spotted them recently on Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl video.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm4/TracySchapes/ultrabootssm.jpg

So I bought them. Don't know when or where I'll wear them, but they are cool!

I'm convinced that not only do I think I'm female, but 16 and Japanese. I'm totally delusional. :eek:

-Tracy

beenherelongtime
05-20-2009, 10:51 PM
showing my age, but the gowns on vera and rosemary in white christmas. so many movies have beautiful evening gowns in them, its hard to cite them. my memory might kick in and i'll add more.

vikki2020
05-20-2009, 11:00 PM
I loved the skirt suits that Gwyneth Paltrow wore in Iron Man

That's the first thing I came away with when I saw that movie:heehee:--I kept replaying the scene as she walked down the staircase---the shoes were killer too! BTW, the rest of the movie was pretty cool!

Marshchild
05-21-2009, 12:35 AM
...but hey, I'm a silly person! :heehee:

First up, I'd love to have one of the leafy bathing caps that appear in the following scene from The Monkees (accompanying cream pie in the face optional). From the looks of them, they were made for girls, but I think at least one of their wearers (Davey Jones) looks really cute in his! What a horrible use to put them to, though!

FlbQzej5SLs

Then, from the movie Dumb and Dumber, I always had a thing for the rather pixie-ish-looking blue smocks worn by the beauticians in the following segment:

krhtaYi_Rpc

Funnily enough, those smocks ended up being one of my favourite memories from the movie! (How often do the rest of us find that happening - our favourite memory of a film or TV show is of something one of the characters wore in it?)

Also, I'm sure that in all my years watching Doctor Who (the classic series in particular), there've been many rather camp-looking costumes in that (both male and female) which I've drooled over.

Finally, years ago on the Australian soap Neighbours, there was a scene in which one of the male characters (Joe Mangel, for those familiar with that tragic show) was humiliated on his buck's night by being dressed in a metallic purple evening dress and handcuffed to a bridge. That scene pissed me of so much - what a waste of a beautiful dress! :Angry3:

Persephone
05-21-2009, 12:39 AM

Jodi

Totally, totally agree, except for Barbarella which was her one great shinning moment, the high point of her life.

Carrie R
05-21-2009, 01:23 AM
I'd want Dave's spacesuit from 2001: A Space Odyssey. Oh, you mean crossdressing related? Probably something from Grease.

Marshchild
05-21-2009, 03:37 AM
I think it was in "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" where Alison Pill wore these ridiculously tall converse style sneakers. I also spotted them recently on Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl video.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm4/TracySchapes/ultrabootssm.jpg

So I bought them. Don't know when or where I'll wear them, but they are cool!

I'm convinced that not only do I think I'm female, but 16 and Japanese. I'm totally delusional. :eek:

-Tracy

That's a cool pair of boots/sneakers. I'd be tempted to get a pair myself were it not for the fact I've been cursed with stupid itchy soles that require me to periodically take whatever I'm wearing off the offending foot and give my sole a good scratch; I wouldn't like having to unlace and then re-lace one of those monsters every time that happened! God, I hate itches, particularly since I once read that no-one knows why we get them in the first place - they don't seem to serve any purpose. On a lighter note, I'm a fan of "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen". Utterly dumb movie, but good fun all the same. Lohan's character wore quite a few really eye-catching outfits in it as I recall.

LisaMichaels
05-21-2009, 04:14 AM
Myself I have always loved the cute little outfit that Dorothy wore in The Wizard Of Oz.
I love the LBD Jamie Lee Curtis dress in True Lies.I know I'll think of more later.:daydreaming:

cdterri
05-21-2009, 04:25 AM
Any of the dresses worn by Grace Kelly in the movie Rear Window, Really loved the brown print She wore for the last few segments.

Claire Cook
05-21-2009, 05:43 AM
Anything Ginger wore with Fred ... as if I'd fit into them!

happygirl
05-21-2009, 05:52 AM
in the sound of music, the bridal gown. The veil she wears is the train. My soon to be bride is finding one. Fantastic

Cary
05-21-2009, 07:10 AM
Everything from The Devil Wears Prada!

Joni Marie Cruz
05-21-2009, 07:32 AM
I know it's not a movie, but I love the clothes that Lorelei Gilmore, the mom, played by Heather Graham, wears in the TV series The Gilmore Girls.

Hugs...Joni Marie

FionaO
05-21-2009, 07:41 AM
Any of the dresses worn by Grace Kelly in the movie Rear Window, Really loved the brown print She wore for the last few segments.
I agree totally with the grace kelly dresses but my favourite is the dress she wore in her first scene. I bought a collection of Hitchcock DVD's just to have a pic of this gown. The costume designer Edith Head did most of the dresses in the Hitchcock movies and most of her designs are fantastic. The dress worn by Doris Day in the restaurant scene in "the man who knew too much" is also on my list.
Take a look at this short Youtube scene for a look at Grace Kelly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHf610wKmCw&feature=related
Fiona O

audreycd
05-21-2009, 08:12 AM
The outfit wore by Marilyn Monroe in "Some like it hot" when she climbs in the train.

Cary
05-21-2009, 08:39 AM
My TV show pick would be Lauren Holly's wardrobe on NCIS and the woman from the Pretender.

cindym5_04
05-21-2009, 08:46 AM
First, I'm totally into Jennifer Love Hewitt...so I'd go with pretty much anything that she wore in the movie Heartbreakers.

Happy Gilmore's tour manager was also quite stylishly dressed in the whole movie. I liked her style.

Another option would be (from TV) what Olivia Dunham wears on the show Fringe.

StevieTV
05-21-2009, 08:46 AM
My TV show pick would be Lauren Holly's wardrobe on NCIS and the woman from the Pretender.

Both the Chanel boots from The Devil Wears Prada and of course Ms Parkers leather skirts.

susan2010
05-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Got to agree about Grace. Remember the nightgown in Rear Window? Wow!

gender_blender
05-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Some of the gowns and corsets featured in the Phantom of the Opera with Emmy Rossum.

Lilia_CD
05-21-2009, 12:21 PM
I loved the dresses in 'The Other Boleyn Girl' Wow, dripping in femininity and oh so sexy.

jolanda_trav
05-21-2009, 01:57 PM
I realy like this one (Gwyneth Paltrow in Iron Man),
I Like the skirt dress verry much.

http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/flickr/02/38/002459890238.jpg?x=620&y=660&sig=ehTtO0hJX7ldsZWX8U_hPg--

Cary
05-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Of course I'd have to have the body to pull it off.:o

Stargirl
05-21-2009, 05:07 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ac0eTsvU0Y8/R0b-MjRjHtI/AAAAAAAAABM/y6T81bh1k-g/s400/Bus%2BStop%2B%5BA1%5D%2B(Marilyn%2BMonroe).jpg

Looks like she might have had a flask in her dainty purse. Nothing wrong with a little nip before a tough scene. :drink:

TSchapes
05-21-2009, 06:41 PM
That's a cool pair of boots/sneakers. I'd be tempted to get a pair myself were it not for the fact I've been cursed with stupid itchy soles that require me to periodically take whatever I'm wearing off the offending foot and give my sole a good scratch; I wouldn't like having to unlace and then re-lace one of those monsters every time that happened! God, I hate itches, particularly since I once read that no-one knows why we get them in the first place - they don't seem to serve any purpose. On a lighter note, I'm a fan of "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen". Utterly dumb movie, but good fun all the same. Lohan's character wore quite a few really eye-catching outfits in it as I recall.

These shoe/boots actually have a zipper on the inside of the shoe. So once you do lace them (and trust me it took me over an hour for the 35 laces to get them balanced) it's easy on, easy off.

If anyone is interested I can send you the link...

-Tracy

sometimes_miss
05-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Outfits? Yeah. Pretty much every cheerleader uniform I've ever seen worn on TV or in movies. I'm stuck feeling like I'm a teenage girl.

allisonrn06
05-22-2009, 09:36 AM

How about you?

I just recently commented that I would watch Happy Gilomore just for the clothes that his tour manager/girlfriend wears!!

linnea
05-22-2009, 10:42 AM
I haven't seen so many things in movies, but more and more, when I look at women these days, I find myself saying, "Oh, that's cute. I'd like to try that outfit" or "I don't think that I'd look good in that" or "I love those shoes and that top."

cdcheryl
05-22-2009, 09:30 PM
I know your all going to laugh but I would love to have Gingers wardrobe from gilligans island she had some awesome gowns very sexy

VeronicaMoonlit
05-22-2009, 09:51 PM
I know it's not a movie, but I love the clothes that Lorelei Gilmore, the mom, played by Heather Graham, wears in the TV series The Gilmore Girls.

You mean Lauren Graham. :-)

Big fan of the show, all three of the "Gilmore Girls", Lorelei, Rori and Emily, had great wardrobes. And they talked quickly. :-)

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Terrihoney
05-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Wilma Flintstone! What a figure!

Hugs, Terri

Lori Robins
05-22-2009, 11:39 PM
I would like to get into Catherine Zeta Jones' pants...... is that what your asking????? :devil:

jessiejess112
05-23-2009, 03:02 AM
I've always wanted to buy an outfit like Julia Roberts' in Pretty Woman, with the boots and all :o

janet p
05-23-2009, 05:28 AM
any of the nightgowns worn by Lisa in Green Acres.:love:

Dressing Jill
05-23-2009, 06:19 AM
I love all of the cowgirls outfits on CMT (country music tv).

Laura_Stephens
05-23-2009, 11:01 AM
I don't remember the actress's name, but the very pretty young lady in "The Rocketeer" wore an off-white gown that was beautiful and and was heavy enough such that the draping was wonderful.

Anyone know her name?

Lilia_CD
05-23-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't remember the actress's name, but the very pretty young lady in "The Rocketeer" wore an off-white gown that was beautiful and and was heavy enough such that the draping was wonderful.

Anyone know her name?

Jennifer Connoley?

TSchapes
05-23-2009, 07:36 PM
The silver rubber dress she wore as Persephone in Matrix Reloaded (http://randomquorum.wordpress.com/2009/01/30/friday-noms-monica-bellucci/). I don't have the body for it though. :sad:

-Tracy

Ralph
05-24-2009, 01:14 AM
What a popular topic!

I used to watch "Little House on the Prairie" first because I wanted to wear those fantastic long calico dresses and second because I had a crush on Melissa Gilbert like you wouldn't believe.

One of these days I'm going to make a Princess Leia senatorial gown (from the real Star Wars, not those cheap knockoff sequels).

I *did* make a Dorothy dress for Halloween one year - the one and only time I went out in a dress. It was great. I didn't shave for several weeks so I had a thick stubble, my girlfriend's cheap costume wig, and an easter basket to carry around a stuffed dog in... and I won first prize for the costume.

I guess I'd better stop before I get carried away. Pretty much every movie I see, I'm looking at the dresses thinking how I'd like to wear them.

ralph

Katheryn
05-24-2009, 06:19 AM
Jodi catwoman (Halle Berry) LOL. But then I would need breast augmentation to make it work right, Yessssssss.
Keli

Mmmmm fetishwear in movies has certainly become more prominent. Witness Carrie Anne Moss as Trinity in Matrix, Kate Beckinsale in Unerworld, etc. And I'd take any of those outfits. Esp if it came with augmentation....

Kate

tonjagirl
05-25-2009, 08:54 PM
How about the evening dress Audrey Hepburn wore in "Sabrina", or the dresses she modeled in "Funny Face". Who can forget the night gown she wore in "Paris When It Sizzles".

Stephanie-L
05-25-2009, 10:58 PM
I agree with the Senatorial gown out of the original Star Wars. How about the Elektra outfit, like I would ever have the body for it, LOL. I also find myself watching my wife's soaps to see the outfits that some of the beautiful women are wearing. And speaking of NCIS, the fantastic blue gown Ziva (Cote de Pablo) wore in the nightclub scene before the explosion.....Stephanie

P.S. I forgot about the Swiss Dot outfit in brown that Julia Roberts wears to the Polo match in Pretty Woman, complete with hat of course. And of course the red dress she wore to the opera, and..........

chrissycox99
05-26-2009, 12:23 AM
Kate Beckinsale in Underworld,
Kate

And in Van Helsing! :lovestruck:

Actually the corset, tights, boots, and all from the underworld movies was just up for auction not long ago. Not my size of I would have put in a bid!!

Jessica Jameson
05-26-2009, 03:02 AM
Actually almost the opposite happened to me, I found an amazing silk dress at a thrift store before Iron Man came out, and then went and saw it and was like "hey, that's the same one I have."

VeronicaMoonlit
05-26-2009, 03:41 AM
How about the evening dress Audrey Hepburn wore in "Sabrina", or the dresses she modeled in "Funny Face". Who can forget the night gown she wore in "Paris When It Sizzles".

Or anything in "My Fair Lady" or "Breakfast at Tiffany's" or "Roman Holiday". I heart Audrey Hepburn. And not just because she was a style icon, but because of her good works too.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Lois Page
05-26-2009, 05:24 AM
I always liked the red evening gown Julia Roberts wore to the opera in "Pretty Woman" and the two dresses Sandra Bullock wore in "Two Weeks Notice", the bridesmaid's dress and the evening gown for the charity benefit.
Lois

Cary
05-26-2009, 05:52 AM
I agree with the Senatorial gown out of the original Star Wars. How about the Elektra outfit, like I would ever have the body for it, LOL. I also find myself watching my wife's soaps to see the outfits that some of the beautiful women are wearing. And speaking of NCIS, the fantastic blue gown Ziva (Cote de Pablo) wore in the nightclub scene before the explosion.....Stephanie

Style watching would be the only reason to watch soaps. When I do catch one, I usually have the TV on mute.

Marshchild
05-27-2009, 09:02 AM
The silver rubber dress she wore as Persephone in Matrix Reloaded (http://randomquorum.wordpress.com/2009/01/30/friday-noms-monica-bellucci/). I don't have the body for it though. :sad:

-Tracy

But I just might! Hmmm...

A movie I saw just recently which featured something I liked was "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" - while they were waiting outside the titular factory, Violet Beauregard and her mother were wearing silver puffer jackets that I very much liked the look of. As another of the characters from that movie might have said, "I want one Daddy! I want one RIGHT NOW!"

Connie D50
05-27-2009, 09:48 AM
I agree with the Julie Roberts red dress
And the gold dress Kate Huston had in the movie How to lose a guy in 10 days:)