PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering

Byllie
05-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Out of nothing moire than shear curiosity, how many of you, when you dress, purposely do not plan to look like a woman? That is, that you actually try to look like a blend of the masculine and feminine?

And please, I'm not speaking about how you'd never pass as a woman. In those cases *I assume* you would be dressing completely as a woman, and simply acknowledging the likely outcome.

Toodles!
Byllie

StevieTV
05-20-2009, 06:06 PM
That's me today for sure. I went grocery shopping in a femme t-shirt, jeans and shoes but that was it. Oh I did shave. I'm working around the house painting and the like so being glammed up didn't make too much sense.

Deedee Dupree
05-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Nice alteration to your avatar.

Here's an excerpt from a post I wrote recently... heavily edited with some additions.

I have never seriously considered becoming a woman, taking hormones or getting surgery. Nor do I have any interest in presenting as a woman 24/7. Going out & about full femme is only a part time interest.

However, For the last 2-3 years, when I am home, I dress full femme. I don't bother with full MU if I'm staying in unless I have purchased something new, otherwise its just a quick job or nothing at all. On the rare occasions I go out in public I "pull out all the stops".

Never had much use for labels most of my life. ref to your previous thread.

Here's the thing that may interest you the most. In drab mode, I freely exhibit plenty of female characteristics and mannerisms, (not the overt kind associated with some gay males) in my day to day affairs. I have been unaware of it for a long time... I am just being myself, a mix. Sometimes the female characteristics are pointed out to me (nicely) by some of my long term female clients, and that is very nice to hear and I don't mind a nice comment on my masculinity either,,,although that is more rare now.

In this mode clothing can be full male or a mix, including boots with a 2"-2 1/2" heel, a little make up, mascara, pretty jewelry and rings color coordinated with my boy clothes. Sometimes I wear a blouse. I also carry some of my tools in one of my LeSportsac's, as they are so light.

My two businesses (44 & 35 years) have allowed me to be myself, not having to conform (always been a rebel) for a long time, since I have always been the sole proprietor. If someone does not like my presentation they can call somebody else. (This has happened but not so often that it affects my income in any significant way.) Anyway, I don't consider this little bit of gender bending I do to be "cross-dressing", as in the daily full femme, or "pulling out all the stops" variety.
The point is the nature of my business has been an important factor in breaking the male gender conditioning allowing me to just be myself.

An old term I coined for myself as it applies to the above is, "I am in combination".

Butterfly Bill
05-20-2009, 06:50 PM
I do

Alice B
05-20-2009, 06:56 PM
When I dress I want to be as much a woman as possible. That is why I dress.

sterling12
05-20-2009, 07:29 PM
I was going to respond "none of us." But, I forgot about Bill and folks like him. "I validate your right not to look like a woman, Sir!" However, I KNOW you are in the minority.

So I will amend my statement to: "The overwhelming majority (like 99%) of us try to look congruent with our clothing choices, when enfemme. "Present company accepted!

Peace and Love, Joanie

sissystephanie
05-20-2009, 07:29 PM
I have no desire to be a woman. And since my dear wife has passed away, I have no desire to look like a woman whether I go out or am dressed at home. I just like to wear feminine clothing!! In the house or out in public. So that is what I do! At my age I have earned that right!!:)

Karren H
05-20-2009, 07:34 PM
I just like to look pretty!! :)

Teri Jean
05-20-2009, 08:07 PM
Being pretty as Karren has stated pretty much sums it up. But then I have a habit of going over board. Ooooh weeeeell.

Keli

Byllie
05-20-2009, 08:15 PM
"The overwhelming majority (like 99%) of us try to look congruent with our clothing choices, when enfemme."
I doubt it. From the postings I've read on the forum, I get the sense that there's a *much* higher percent then 1% who do *not* choose nor wish to look like a woman.

I just like to look pretty!!
I understand your position completely, but I cannot emotionally relate to it. My dressing has nothing to do with "being pretty". Rather, it's to reflect the feminine aspects of my personality.

docrobbysherry
05-20-2009, 08:17 PM
For me it's all about the illusion of appearing to be an attractive female!:daydreaming:

Seeing ANYTHING male, ruins the illusion FOR ME!:doh:

Byllie
05-20-2009, 10:11 PM
For me it's all about the illusion of appearing to be an attractive female!:daydreaming:

Seeing ANYTHING male, ruins the illusion FOR ME!:doh:
Which is why I *believe* it might be best *if* the moderators of this forum created another category between MtF and FtM crossdressers for those of us who fall in the middle. Gender neutral anyone?

Diane Elizabeth
05-20-2009, 10:24 PM
I am one of those that dress yet not try to pass as a woman. I usually wear female jeans and shirt with bra and undies (at least on once a week). I have been too chicken (IMHO) to put on make up and go out in public. I worry about running into the wrong person and being made.
Case in point- I ran in to my sister at a hardware store while wearing female jeans (velour) and she mentioned I looked different in as losing weight. I was glad I had a sweatshirt on over my female shirt and bra so she didn't see that. dylen