PDA

View Full Version : How Has This FORUM Changed Your Life

BLUE ORCHID
05-20-2009, 08:25 PM
How has this forum changed your life and your crossdressing?
For myself it has given me a better understanding of myself and
taken away the lonelyness that I felt . I now feel like I have so
many new friends that I can talk to [ask for or give advice to].
In closing I would just like to thank all the girls on the forum.
.................................................. ............thanks ORCHID

Alice Torn
05-20-2009, 08:30 PM
It has helped me come out of my shell, and lonliness, helping me understand myself, you others, and this thing we have in common, for better, or for worse. It has helped me see how similar, yet different we all are, and from all walks of life, religious, or non, liberal, or conservative, we have this hobby in ommon.

Miranda09
05-20-2009, 08:32 PM
I would have to say that I never really felt alone in my CDing, however, what I wil say that this forum and all the wonderful people here have lifted my self confidence immeasurably and have helped me to devlop my sense of style as well. Thanks everyone for your support, and I hope that I have been equally supportive as well. You're a special group of people. :)

AllieSF
05-20-2009, 08:34 PM
I have been on here a little over 2 years. I have learned a lot about this whole side of life, including the issues, the participants (all over the human spectrum), makeup tips, clothing and accessory tips, have met some great people and expect to meet more, and have added my 2 cents sometimes properly and other times not so properly after one of my hot buttons (probably a guy thing) have been pushed. Overall an A+ experience recommmended for all.

gretchen2
05-20-2009, 08:53 PM
For years I always thought that the only men dressing as women were drag queens performing on stage, prostitutes, and some gay men at bars. So I always felt isolated and freakish. So after twenty years of dressing on a regular basis with a few purges in between I now only feel mildly freakish. Thanks to this website I now know that there are so many of us who are just regular Joes who just so happen to wear a dress, skirt, wig, heels, makeup, and for a lot of us fake boobs. What a cool website, and with a little time I can heal from my ex-wife’s demoralizing outlook on cd and meet some of you really cool people in person. Cheers to all of you.

MELISSA2U
05-20-2009, 09:07 PM
for me i am still a new member,so i cant say this message board yet has been any help.hopefully , and optimistically, i hope to in time make a few online friends.
when i wound up here in the midwest, i made a few friends in the glbt community quite unexpectly,but they are nice people.one of those people is stlalice.she is a real nice person.she was the one that suggested i might want to try this message board,thus, i hope to make some friends over
time.

i started transition m2f , with support of a couple of gg friends of mine.i have been on hrt for a total of approx 12 yrs.
this has not been easy for me, although life itself isnt a bouquet of flowers. i never expected life itself to be easy,but i didnt expect some of the actual prejudice i have experienced...case and point i am soon filing a lawsuit against the county i lived in,as well as a neighbor for various violation of my civil rights among other events that occured to me.
melissa

Kathi Lake
05-20-2009, 09:08 PM
It has given me a forum (no pun intended) to express myself - my views, my hopes, my fears, (my pictures :)) and more. More than that, it has provided me a connection to other like-minded individuals and shown me that no matter where we are on the TG spectrum or where we are in this world, there is someone else who understands. When you feel alone and isolated, when you feel scared, when you feel happy, you can talk with someone else who has probably already been there and can either commiserate or celebrate with you.

Thank you, my friends!

Kathi

jasmine57
05-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Over the past couple of years that I've been on this forum I've had a lot of wonderful advice from a lot of wonderful girls here. Reading some of the posts here has given me the confidence to not only come out to some of my friends but also given me the confidence to be at peace with who I am. I knew I wasn't alone when I came here, but I had no idea of just how many of us go through the exact same things. I've learned a lot of makeup tips and shopping tips and sites and am very appreciative of all of you here.

Debutante
05-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Same for me... helped me come out more; find support and acceptance; and find out who I am....

natasha
05-20-2009, 09:45 PM
For me, I now know that I'm not the only one. I always thought that I was some kind of freak. It has helped me to gain the courage to conciensly(sp) move towards the person who I always knew was inside. I am soooooo very thankful for finding this site.:love:

Robyn68
05-20-2009, 10:27 PM
It has helped me understand myself and has helped with some style and tips. I would recommend this site to any CD. :love:

docrobbysherry
05-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Because of the folks here, I'm VERY close to accepting my CDing.:eek:

If and when that ACTUALLY happens, who knows WHAT I'll be capable of next?!:devil:

erica12b
05-20-2009, 11:07 PM
just finding im not alone

Dressing Jill
05-20-2009, 11:11 PM
OMG I still cry sometimes when I am on here. I have known for sometime that I was different in a way that was good not bad. Many counselors or the likes. Have helped me to come to a balance in life with male and female aspects. When I found this site it was like a breath of fresh air. I wasn't the only one any more there is others like me. It is amazing how so many have had the same experiences in life. Thank you all that went before me and those who are yet to make it here.

I have received so much just in personal relieve if that is the right words I am looking for.

I know that there is so much more. I still looking for the wine cellar at Holly's and those cookies.LOL

5150 Girl
05-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Well,, I'm kind of an FNG here, but, seeing all the "outting" stories has helped my confidence.

Lisa Golightly
05-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Oh I've found some very wonderful people here whom I love very deeply :)

The transsexual community has been especially special... Putting up with my panic attacks, my longwinded struggles to keep hold of my friends and simply embracing me as part of the family... Awwwwwwwwwww :) x

jennCD
05-21-2009, 12:57 AM
This Forum, and by that I mean you all here, had given me the courage and understanding two years ago to finally tell my wife about this part of me.

I owe you all so much for that!

:)
jenn

Alice Torn
05-21-2009, 02:01 AM
Oh, I forgot, to mention, that the forum has shown a wide range of emotions, and the many sides of Tamara ! Boy, am i in trouble, now!?

Pattie O
05-21-2009, 02:05 AM
The forum has helped me realise that Cding is not so unusual and I now feel more comfortable with myself.I would still love to be more open and out of the closet more but at least I feel as though I dont have to be so paranoid about being a CD.Hopefully I can edge my way along an avenue of acceptance with my wife and share some special times dressed together!
That would be fun!
Pattie:daydreaming::battingeyelashes:

Georgia Rose
05-21-2009, 06:31 AM
As a closet CD this forum has brought me into contact with other people who are in a similar position. It hasn't really changed me in any way but does provide a great deal of enjoyment in being able to have a say, help with some advice at times and from sometimes even give me a good laugh. I never cease to be amazed at how brave a lot of you are in getting out in the world. This forum is full of different characters who all add something in their own way to each of us.

:drink:

Suzy Harrison
05-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Just 6 words:

"It enabled me to go full-time"

Tal'Aura
05-21-2009, 06:54 AM
Jolan Tru,

More than seven months ago this forum has turned me away from my plan to commit suicide because I had correspondence with some users who were very helpful. I believe I already mentioned that in some similar thread...

SweetCaroline
05-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Quite simple. If it weren't for this forum, I may have never heard of the SISTERS family group that helped me step out of the closet, out the door, and into the real world as my true femme self (thanks Sally). I honestly don't think I would have ever had the nerve to become a public crossdresser if it weren't for seeing pictures of other TGirls outside, enjoying their selves, and reading their stories.

Now, two years later, I'm one of them, helping others find their way out, hoping I can inspire others as well. It's been a long journey, sometimes very unsure and heartbreaking, but I'm glad I did it, and I'll never look back.

Jenniferpl
05-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Mostly that I am not alone. There are others like me. It has enabled me to express my emotions and thoughts.

cindym5_04
05-21-2009, 08:51 AM
The forum has changed my life, I think positively. It's given me something more positive to read and I can share my experiences or offer/take advice on things that come up in my life as well. With some members on here, it feels a bit like a family to me.

Karren H
05-21-2009, 09:04 AM
I get less work done... I get less sleep... My typing is getting better but my spelling isn't! Lol I never had a shell to come out of... But I'm still having a lot of fun...... Crossdressing wise I've picked up a few helpful awesome tips and tricks... And I've made some good friends.. :)

Angel.Marie76
05-21-2009, 09:25 AM
This forum, once I found it, and the few others similar to it, have shown me that I'm not alone in how I've been feeling all these years; That there are so many, many others out there that have shared similar experiences.

Being able to open myself up in this manner has really brought me out into this world now as a more complete individual, allowing me to express these emotions, experiences and so forth in ways that I hadn't thought possible before. Further, because of the acceptance here, and, as I've said, in other places, I've been able to open up to not only myself, but my therapist and everyone else that's slowly learning about the entirety of me. I can't believe that I'd not found these places sooner, I suppose it's just because there wasn't /the/ drive before to search out for such places, or to feel like I wasn't a freak and just needed to be locked away.

I'd like to say that my current SO holds the singular award for really showing me that I CAN be who I feel I am without the fear of being downtrodden upon, but without the support from all the forums, therapist(s), and very, very good friends (some of which I feel I could say are here too!) I'd still be lost. :hugs:

Sheila
05-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Debs and I met on here and are marrying on Oct ..... so pretty drastically 7 for the better :D:D

PretzelGirl
05-21-2009, 10:29 AM
For me it does many things.

First, I am not out anywhere else. And there is a basic human need in a lot of us to just be able to let others know who we are and how we feel. This gives us that "out".

Second, is the education. There are a lot of aspects of CDing that I am new to. Just reading what is already here and being able to ask questions and get the varied responses is worth its weight in makeup.

Last are the relationships. I have been here that long, but I see it in many of the people that have been here for a lengthy period. Friendships are golden and I am sure there will be many here to treasure. It starts with all the sharing of stories and experiences and just develops from there.

Vieja
05-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Since finding this site I check in just about every day. It is so wonderful reading the threads from all of the people who post here. Since I am still in the closet it makes me feel that I am not alone. Others have the same problems that I have and then there are those who really fly high and really live the CD life to the fullest. I love coming here.

Vieja

il.dso
05-21-2009, 02:11 PM
This is a GREAT forum and website.
I'm very glad that I found it.
I check the site several times every day.
I'm always impressed with how thoughtful and respectful people are.
I also appreciated the occasionally humorous comments.
It's important to keep a sense of humor after all!
Peace and happiness and health to all of you out there.

CD Susan
05-21-2009, 10:16 PM
I discovered this site 13 months ago and knew instantly that I had found a new home. Joining this site literally changed my life! Before finding this place I had lived a lifetime of being a solitary closeted cd with no interaction with anyone else. That all changed when I started reading and posting in the various forums here. This place has given me the courage to open up to others and live my life the way that I should have decades ago. I can't emphasize enough how fortunate I feel to be part of this group of caring and understanding people. I have learned so much in the last 13 months and I could not be any happier about myself. I have changed so much since finding this place. I want to thank everyone here for being part of a life changing event for me. This is my home and all of you are my family.

GaleWarning
05-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Seriously, the forum has reinforced my self-knowledge of where I am on the CD spectrum. I am comfortable with who I am.

Jokingly, since my SO signed up, I get little sleep! She is on-line until the wee small hours of every morning.
I get no nookie!

So I have to crossdress!!!!

{OK ... it's Friday evening over here and I am in an exceptionally jovial mood.}

TrekGirl1701
05-22-2009, 01:52 AM
Throughout my teenage years and early 20s I always felt like my crossdressing was a burden. Even though it felt good to do it never felt right. I forget how I found this message board, but ever since I signed on I've been growing a better understanding of what my life means. Not just where crossdressing fits in, but other aspects as well. Hearing other peoples stories and advice has been an enormous help for me.

Ballerina
05-22-2009, 02:17 AM
In all honesty, yes it has changed my life. It's been a big relief to know that there are many out there who share what I have experienced my whole life. To top that off, I am sure that I wouldn't be as accepting to my CDing and TGism if I wasn't part of this group.

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-22-2009, 03:42 AM
How Has This FORUM Changed Your Life

I came here to simply interact with other crossdressers. What I found was a lot of sadness, confusion, and pain. The sadness wasn't the main theme in the forum, but it seemed to be in greater abundance that I expected.

Because of the confusion and difficulty I saw in several of the members here, I found myself wanting to do something about it. I have found great joy in my own personal acceptance of myself after a lifetime of self-hatred - how can I help others do the same, rather than continue to try and fight their own natural desire to be themselves?

After a lifetime of wondering what I wanted to be when I grew up, I finally found clarity. I want to be someone who makes a difference in how society views us. I want to make change happen. I want to help end the confusion and self-hatred in others.

I started writing internet articles and blogging about my own experiences (see links in sig). I am now working toward speaking in public to educate people on the realities of crossdressers. I hope to in the future make a career out of this somehow. It is very important to me to make a difference and it's so hard to do much in the little free time I have. I need to make this my full-time effort somehow.

In a nutshell, coming here gave me my direction in life. Quite an unexpected turn, but I like it. This feels right - for the first time in my life, I have direction.

Who knows what I'll be able to accomplish, if anything. But I'm very passionate about this. It is something I need to do.

That is how this forum changed my life. Maybe in return, I can help change other lives for the better. :)

crossdrezzer1
05-22-2009, 05:29 AM
this forum has progressed me into getting therapy,,,did that and now thats over,,,,already knew everything,,I do it for comport,,,she thought I did it to say to the hell with the world,,, also this forum has giving me coffidence to venture out to 2 different stores and openly tell them its for me and use there changing rooms,,also went out in dress during the daylight once,,,,, wow this forum has changed me alot...

ChanDelle
05-22-2009, 11:17 AM
This site has made me a lot more comfortable with myself. For most of my life I've felt as though I was a Martian on this planet and now I know there's at least a Mars! (No men are from Mars jokes, please?) But you get my drift...Thanks to all of you!!!!!!!!!!

ChanDelle

Carole Cross
05-22-2009, 12:19 PM
When I joined this forum back in November, I was in a very confused state.
I have known that I was TS for many years but never had the courage to do anything about it. I had reached a point where I could not go on living as I was but was not sure if I could live as a woman due to my masculinity and the fact that nobody knew about my true feelings.

After reading many posts and asking a few questions, I decided that I could take steps towards my transition and start going out. I have since come out to my family and have been pleasantly suprised by their acceptance and support. :D

I would like to thank everyone here for givng me the support and encouragement that I needed to become my true self and to the friends I have made here, I wuold hope to meet some of you soon, if possible.

Carole xx

Kristen Kelly
05-22-2009, 02:14 PM
I’ve answered this question before so I went through the list of my 1300 post over 3 years ago, that are still here and looked for it, what a memory lane trip. I met a person here that was local that convinced me to go out the first time. Met many more local people, one that would become a best friend. Over the years we were like bookends where one was so was the other. We are still best friends. I got a lot of advice and ideas from a lot of different people I grew to totally accept myself, but most of all learned there are others that are having the same problems, joys, angst, and troubles with SOs. In the past 4 years I have reinvented just who I am and without this forum I might never have taken the path I did. Dark wig my first Avitar I posted way back then. Photoshopped to make me look better. The other is truely how I looked when I first started going out, back then the blonde hair was a wig and the cleavage silicon, today it's my own highlighted hair, and can spill out a bra with nothing more than some push up pads.

89353, 89354

Raquelle C
05-22-2009, 02:28 PM
For me it has been similar to what some others have said, although here is how this place and all the great people within have changed my life.

First of all, I was not part of a site or group like this before, and naturally I still had a lot of questions about my self and this cding anomaly! Even though I did a little bit of internet browsing about it. It made me understand & accept my self better and just become more comfortable being me! Either expressing my fem side or living life in guy mode. I also gained a better understanding for my SO and what she was feeling, thinking and her understanding of my other side. My SO has pretty much known from the beginning, so this was nothing new, but my understanding and fully expressing my self was. Secondly, I couldn't believe how many of us there really are and living normal lives for the most part. I did feel sort of weird and alone about my dressing. Now when I am out and about I try to look for signs to spot a fellow sister. Cding is not quite main stream yet, but almost there considering how people from all walks of life make up our family. Because this wonderful place has helped me gain a whole new level of clarity about this great 'gift' that we share together, I no longer look at it as a negative trait (occasionally I used to). Lastly, I have met some good friends here, some that I will meet in real life to hang out with and have some good laughs I'm sure, and others that provide a great sense of 'family'. Because of these great friends I have a better understanding & acceptance of myself, life, and have a sense of connection with these great people! In the end I have also started dressing more main stream, with a lot of the great tips, ideas, and support... thus dressing to the nines with confidence!

Gracias'
:drink:

Jilmac
05-22-2009, 03:46 PM
I was a closet crossdresser from age 15 until age 62 when my wife passed away. Her passing gave me the opportunity to dress whenever I wanted, but I felt so alone that my dressing didn't fulfill me as I thought it would.

When I found this forum, I was elated to know that there was a network where I could express myself as Jill and not have to worry about being put down by those who are non accepting. Since joining this forum I have met many new friends, I have come out of the closet and have been enjoying the best of both worlds, either male of female.

I have gained so much knowledge from this forum and gained enough confidence to go places and do things en femme and not have to care what the rest of the world thinks. My new SO has accepted me for the person I am so there doesn't have to be any deceit and that makes me feel better about myself. Since joining this forum, I haven't yet seen a downside. :love:

bobi jean
05-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Plain and simple; The comfort level in my life has changed so much that I do not have the time, nor would you have the time to read a full discription. I do know that three years ago I had absolutely NO INTENTION of anyone else in the world finding out "I AM A CROSSDRESSER". Now, I could care less who knows. EVERYONE I care about knows, that's what matters most!!!

TGMarla
05-22-2009, 04:17 PM
I found this forum while travelling on the road for work back in '05. I had just purchased my first real wig, gone brunette instead of blonde (matched my skin tone better), and only had a couple of outfits to wear. This forum induced me to make full disclosure to my wife, who still wants nothing to do with any of this. But at least it was all out there on the table. I expanded my wardrobe exponentially, learned a whole lot about techniques to make my femme personal more believable, made friends, and developed a sense of self-acceptance that I had never had before. Now when I dress, I feel much more the total woman that I'd never achieved in years of crossdressing. I managed to put the ongoing wrestling match I had with transexuality behind me because this forum forced me into a close examination of who I really was and where I was ultimately going with this. So I'm a better person for it, and a better CDer because of it.

Carly D.
05-22-2009, 05:36 PM
I think if anything this forum made me try a few things that I don't think I would have thought about doing.. although there's a forum for wearing heels (men and women) and that is where I got the whacked out idea to wear some heels (only) to some places.. most of the time when I wore my heels someplace it was daylight or the store was well lit.. my feeling about being here is that this site has changed my overall feeling.. that I feel like I can at least try to dress up, and pass as best I can but more than anything to just feel good about myself.. I'M NOT ALONE...

Jaydee
05-22-2009, 05:39 PM
This forum has had a tremendous effect on me. Before I found it a couple years ago, I was deeply closeted for most of my life and in denial and a lot of guilt about my CDing urges. I was sure that I was the only one in the world with these feelings. I have come to better accept my self, and I am now slowly taking steps on coming out to my wife. My bras and pantyhose are now in my dresser, the other clothes are still hidden but I am working on it. The site has given me the confidence to try on clothes in a store and actually talk to the SA's. I have met many new friends on this site.

Did I mention that it has also helped me do my part for the economy. My clothes stash has grown tremendously.

Jaydee

Philipa Jane
07-21-2009, 12:23 AM
I was thinking if starting a fresh thread but I came across this one and it fits my needs.
I have been on this forum since I told my SO 4 days ago and I am overwhelmed by the love I feel coming off the members.
Such care and sensitivity,great advice and friendly experiences.
Thank you all for letting me share and giving me a lesson on how things can be.
Philipa. Huggs to all

Aubrey Green
07-21-2009, 12:30 AM
Has it changed my life? No

It has been a calming influence in my life. Everyone knows and understands what my last 40 years have been. Like girl chat with my sisters. Everyone pulls together and backs everyone else. There is always a shoulder to lean on when things seem their darkest.

:daydreaming:

ginafaye
07-21-2009, 12:40 AM
its save me thousands of dollars,of just haveing real people tell me what i already knew , that its ok ,to dress so glad i didnt go see a shrink to fix me. to bad this site wasnt around when i was younger !

Bethany38
07-21-2009, 03:21 AM
This forum changed me in so many ways. Before I was led here by my loving and exceptionally caring wife. I was so far in the closet I believe I was living with moths. I was also playing Cleopatra, you know Queen of denial. I'm sorry for that one just had to through it in there. :heehee::heehee: I really was quite miserable with myself. I felt completely cut off and alone. I thought everyone would laugh at me. I would have never admitted to myself or anyone else whom I am. Now though, this is completely different. I have started peeking my head out of my closet. I am beginning to find that I could care less what anyone thinks of me being me. I have found friends and people who will listen if you only but ask. I have found that I and none of you are alone. I have given my fem side a name. I am beginning to learn about makeup. I have found that I still love women even when I'm playing one on T.V.. :heehee::doh:And as I write this the list could go on and on but I will stop now and say I want to thank each and every one of you for being here and sharing your lives with me and the rest of us. Without this place Bethany would not be. I don't want to sound girly or anything but I do have to say that I love each and every one of you here for being the best bunch of girls that there are. Who would of thunk this redneck country boy was a girl at heart.:tongueout have fun everyone........

Tasha McIntyre
07-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Number 1 - above all other things I learned that I was not the only guy in the history of the universe to CD.

Number 2 - I gained an understanding of why.

Number 3 - I gained the confidence to come out to my wife.

Number 4 - Learned heaps of new tips, esp hair and make up

Number 5 - I gained the confidence to get out and about.

Heaps of other bits and pieces too numerous to mention. Lets just say after finding this forum I was like someone finally turned on the lights. I was no longer alone in the dark :)

dawnmarrie1961
07-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Has this forum changed my life? Good question.
Answer: No.
My course in life was set long before I ever came here. Of that I am most certain.

However, I can honestly say that there were times when, in moments of depression and uncertainty, that, were it not for this place, I would probably not be here alive today!

Were it not for the kind words of the members here I would have surely taken my own life.( Don't any of you girls ever.....ever...ever let yourself sink that low without reaching out for help!!!)

Let me say a word of appreciation to the member that were here at that time.

"Thank You, Ladies, for saving my life."

With much love,:hugs:
Dawn Marrie

Crysten
07-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Seems this forum has induced in me an intense craving for cheese. Like sharp cheddar.

MMMMM. Cheddar.

Crysten

DemonicDaughter
07-21-2009, 12:06 PM
It introduced me to the woman of my dreams! Bre Rue :love:

Kristy 56
07-21-2009, 12:16 PM
You girls have made me feel good about myself,as I realize who I truly am. Before I registered ,I came on as a visitor and read almost all 900 pages !! As I read some of those posts,I felt as if they could have been written by me. Thanks girls for giving Kristy a home.:)

Tamara Croft
07-21-2009, 12:18 PM
Seems this forum has induced in me an intense craving for cheese. Like sharp cheddar.

MMMMM. Cheddar.

CrystenTry jam on it too ;) then you'll really know what this forum has done for you :lol:

Parker0429
07-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Reading this forum has provided me great ideas on dressing and makeup, and it has actually motivated me to go further than I had been in the past. By that I mean, I pay more attention to my undergarments and complete appearance, and I spend more time trying to perfect my makeup. Initially, I was content with dressing and some makeup, but this forum has raised the bar. I truly believe I have increased my feminine appearance and sensuality by reading and observing what is in this forum.

Sarah-RT
07-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Id have to say that this forum has helped me develop better as a CDer. I can get tips, advice and links to helping myself go from man in a dress with the 5 o clock shadow to a beautiful woman.

aside from that, it also gives me people to talk to and enjoyment.

theres nothing better then coming home in the evening and logging on to see whats new :)

Jaclyn NM
07-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Ablsolutely, I can now express myself and my desires without someone being judgemental.

Lorileah
07-21-2009, 02:47 PM
There are many things I have learned here:

Batty tries to bring insight into the worldwide struggles of Transgendered people

TxKimberly shows us that you can be out and about and meet people you would never meet otherwise.

It's Ok to play hockey in drag, Karren :)

I found out I have friends who have gone down the same road I have and this does not just pertain to clothing but to life experiences and that many stories are similar and we can learn from each other. Thanks Teri Jean

I learned that you don't have to dress to the nines every time you dress up. Sometimes it is OK to be a guy in a dress.

I have been told to dress "age appropriate" but I don't know how old I really am.

I learned life is short and there is no "reride" if you don't try to stay on the full 8 seconds. I also learned if you spin fast enough you puke.

I know that many people here have a great sense of humor and some days that laugh is enough to make the rest of the day tolerable. You know who you are, you are all on my friends list

I have "met" some wonderful F-M people here that I would have never known and they try and explain to this old queen how things are for them.

That I know am not the only smart as* in Denver

I have learned you can eat jam and cheese and try not to anger Tamara, she is much nicer than she appears

AND I drink more now Thanks !!!!Az ;) and everyone at the Tabernus

Joanne Curl
07-21-2009, 02:56 PM
This forum is very important to me. I'm very closeted and don't often have the opportunity to let the girl inside of me out. This forum gives me that opportunity and I really appreciate and need it. I get the chance to communicate with others who understand what it's like to want to be pretty and to be girl even when most of the world sees you as a guy. Thank you Crossdressers.com.

Ms Mira
07-21-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm a forum newbie, been here maybe a week or two...

But I have to say that it is extremely nice to be able to discuss crossdressing issues. Yes, I know that's a pretty broad, vague statement. But being in the closet, there's no real outlet for me to talk about these things; internalizing everything was starting to drive me a bit crazy.

So, even just reading things other CD's/TG's have experienced or vocalizing exactly what I feel is a huge step forward for me.

carysmarie
07-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Would just like to say that the one thing that has changed my life is my girlfriend as without her I would not have talked to anyone about my feelings towards cding.. she has encouraged me to join this site (have looked at others but this looked like the best one) to be able to talk to other people in the same situation.. I havent felt comfortable or happy about cding before now.. today was the first time that I dressed fully as a woman (although i didn't do my makeup :o) and the first thing that she mentioned when she walked into the room was how tall i was in my stilettos!!! lol. Her reaction has put me at ease with myself and feel alot more relaxed knowing that she loves me no matter what!!! (btw... she wrote that bit :-)) knowing that we both have somewhere to go if we have any questions is fab..

Carysmarie (and my girlfriend)
x

Melissa Rose
07-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Even though I've only been here a very short time, I have already gained more confidence and courage about going out in public. This is from others posting and sharing their experiences of going out. It's also a great feeling to realize there are so many people like me. I don't feel as different as I did before.

Kate Lynn
07-21-2009, 10:35 PM
It has taught me I'm not the only one who likes to dress like this,and we are world wide,kind of nice,more men should dress like us.

sometimes_miss
07-22-2009, 01:41 AM
I have to say that the greatest thing about the members here is the tolerance for different viewpoints, and the acceptance for who each of us is on an individual basis. I've been online for a log time, and remember well the TG usenet boards where the flame wars went on regularly between all the guys who would insist that we all fit into one category, you know, those who insist we are all gay and in denial, or that we are really all TS. Very few here seem to feel that way, or at least don't force the issue.

It's also nice to hear from the GG's occasionally, and know that they really do exist, so that yes, there is a slim chance that I will someday meet someone and have a romantic relationship again.

So I raise my glass to all of you, even the moderators that I sometimes find to be overzealous.

CHEERS!

mindfulperson
07-22-2009, 02:43 AM
without this fourm i would not have had the courage and strength to do what i always wanted to do and that was dress in womens clothing you girls are really supportive and angie thank you for believing in me because of your kind words I wear my womens white sweatpants with pride.

Sarah_new
07-22-2009, 03:05 AM
This forum has given me the opportunity to meet (in cyber space anyway) others that share my feelings and with that has come exchange of ideas and tips etc.

It has also given me the confidence to try such things as shopping for girly things whilst underdressed and/or part femme dressed and going out to take photo's of myself.

I still have some way to go, but I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have got even this far without this forum.

swiss_susan
07-22-2009, 03:31 AM
I think for me the biggest impact has been confidence.

Had I not come accross this forum I would never have had the confidence to talk to my SO about being a crossdresser. The difference it makes having spoken to someone openly and honestly about this part of my life.

Since then I don't really hide this part of me except from my family. If I have someone over and they notice a pair of heels and ask what they are for I tell them and they either except it or leave.

Also it has been a great place to meet people who have shared similar experiences and feelings, and to get advice , support and tips. As I am sure you have noticed when members have a problem totally unrelated to CD'ing people flock to give them suppoprt and comfort.

Really this has been and still is very important place for me even if I don't get as much time as I would like to visit.

NoraTV
07-22-2009, 03:51 AM
To know that I am not alone, not sick, not twisted, not perverted...

Can anyone other than one of us truly know how affirming and sustaining that feels?

This is no exaggeration: I literally owe my life to all of you.

Marisa_M
07-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Even I'm new here the Forum changed my life in many aspects: I can express myself just as I am. I gained confidence and every day I learn a lot for improving my life and be a better person.

And better than that I feel less lonely each day.

Thanks to the Forum and to all its wonderful members!:love:

Briana Blonde
07-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Kiss Stick On Nails have changed my life forever. Thanks Karren ... :heehee:

Rachel05
07-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Given me someone to talk to about a part of my life that I enjoy but until now haven't been able to share, and a whole lot of new friends to boot, I really like comeing here

Tora
07-22-2009, 07:56 PM
This forum is a map through the Mine Feild. To be able to take a path well
traveled, rather than blaze a new rocky route. To be with caring, more open
experienced friends. To enjoy others victory and soften each others miss-steps. Confirm that this is an imperfect journey, but well worth the time.

Thank you moderators and managers. Thank you members.

RobertaM
07-23-2009, 01:26 AM
yes thank you all.. I am newly out this year, so I have a fairly good perspective of being deep in closet to being out online and in person within 6 months.

a few things inspire me here:

1. The number of new introductions everyday, OMG,, I feel like Cders are coming out of closet exponentially.
2. some of the confident being out and about cders is awesome,, being married with kids and not intending to SRS is ok,, I am not alone, There are many like me.
3. One can achieve fem beauty via many ways, Our internal fem auras are all different.
4. You are not alone, we share a common bond,, I have meet in person and online many girls,, NOT one, has turned me off. We are all sisters. and knowing that brings joy to my heart.

Sorry for being sappy, but thank you, And for all my online sisters and close friends a bit roberta hug!

CIAO

noeleena
07-23-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi.....
As i was already out & on the way to being a female in the context of learning to be real ...& be able to live as i should as a woman . growing i should say . i did not know about any thing concerning computers . from that way of seeing & meeting with others like my self , a andro . the forums did not have a part of my life . i.v been living as a woman for 11 years now . & yes s r s & b a .
This coming aug will be two years that we have had a computer & i found it very hard to use & get to know what i was doing . very frustrating ...& even now i still dont know much . i did not even know of other people on here . let a lone other forums . a very big eye opener & having dyslexia . made it very hard trying to explain my self . & getting it wrong much of the time .. not quite so easy .
I have met many people (( girls, )) all around the world . as we dont have many people in new zealand was allso hard . just over 4 mill people so many of my friends are over seas i have met with many in australia last year . at a ball in sydney aug 08
so that was so neat .very emotional. with out the forums that i am on i would never have met them . or had the time to stay with them ....
For me now .....i understand so much more about our ((girls )) & being here has helped .
so yes a late starter at 61 . & being able to talk with so many .. has been just so great . i know it has for me .. wether you dress or are like me or trans in what ever way makes no odd .s to me . & having a insight in to your live.s has been just so neat .. oh yes some of you s o .s hey its great . so thank you to those who have done so much to make it possible for us to join with you & what you have done for so many . thank you .
...noeleena Loch-head ... n z ...

PaulaJaneThomas
07-23-2009, 06:56 AM
How has this forum changed your life and your crossdressing?

It hasn't had any effect whatsoever.

Carol Richards
07-25-2009, 11:41 PM
It has made me feel so good about myself in the fact that I am not alone and me dressing up is not a bad thing. It is a real good and enjoyable thing.

NathalieX66
07-26-2009, 12:01 AM
This forum has given me a collective sense of the scope of CD'ing across the spectrum,and all the motivations with it. I wasn't looking for a clinical analysis from counselors/psychiatrists (all they care about is $ and £), I was looking for the viewpoint of real people, and the sheer breadth of it to give me a sense. CD'ing is never going to go away...ever. It's best to get a better grasp and understanding instead of writing it off as mental illness, or moral conflict.
Fashion designers create women's fashion because there is a market demand. Fashion evolves by whatever mood the general public is in. How fabric should be cut & sewn, and worn is not mentioned in the Bible. Humans, unlike animals, have imaginations....they should be used to the fullest extent. As far as modern western society has advanced itself, there are still moments when fear overcomes, for no particular reason at all. Try reasoning with a Minnesota congresswoman named Michelle Bachmann, or that other idiot congresswoman from Oklahoma.

Penelope Marie
07-26-2009, 12:39 AM
I have not been here very long. In fact, only a few short days. I have learned so much i did not know. The sheer numbers astound me as to how many of us there are. I have no support in my real world, my parents know nothing of my desires to be a women in the flesh. My brothers know nothing of it and will not as they are extream homophobic. My sister knows nothing of it and will not as she is also extream anti gay/ T/G crossdresser and any thing that exist out side her world. My only child(a daughter) knows but does not like it. Any way last i heard from her she announced so far as she was concerned she has no father, Ouch that hurt. My best friend knows he is a minister so now he wasn't to "help " me. translate "cure me" i am not sick. So i am all alone in this. i have no desires for a S/O ever again. Therefore, i am in this alone. No one want's to open their mind long enough to learn of us. So this site has given me support i did not have. at times it is very frustrating being in this body so i will do what i must.

Audrey34
07-26-2009, 06:20 AM
I've gotten a lot of positive experiences from this site. Gotten a lot of lovely compliments when I would post an occasional photo of myself, learned about the many types of t-girls out there, the stories of so many who are married and live happily with their spouse's approval and the ones who live in fear of their spouse's finding out. And it's helped me when I feel lonely or sad. The one time I posted about how crappy I felt I got so many lovely words of encouragement. My only regret is I wish I had more time to browse here. Real-life situations with work keep me from spending too much time at my computer. Regardless, I'll continue to post when I can. I really do love this place!
-Audrey

Teri Jean
07-26-2009, 07:05 AM
As Lorileah put it there is so much to be thankful for and I start therapy to transition there are so many that have been there and will be there you know you are not alone.

Huggs and Kisses, Teri

Jilmac
07-26-2009, 10:44 AM
I joined this forum shortly after my wife passed away. She had known about my dressing through our entire marriage but was very disapproving. I found this forum by googling crossdressers, and it has opened new doors for me ever since. For too many years I had dressed in secret, fearful of being discovered by others because I never realized I had so many sisters :doh:. I had maintained a macho image at my job and kept a full beard for about 36 years, and never revealed my "little secret" to anybody.

After joining this forum, I met Rexy (now Gale) and started a friendship with her, and I felt freer than I had ever felt in my life. She encouraged me to lose the beard and come out of the closet. Since that first meeting with Gale I have revealed my femme side to the people who mean the most to me and have been accepted unconditionally :). I am now able to dress and go out in public without fear, and have made many new friends. In the two years I have been a member of this forum I have expanded my wardrobe to fill two closets and dressers, I have gone to entertainment venues alone and with friends, I attended Be All and had a makeover, and have been enjoying life to the fullest.:thumbsup:

I told my SO about Jill shortly after we started dating and she joined the forum and now actively participates in the general and GG only threads. I have no regrets about joining this forum, it has been my encouragment and support. I have made great strides since coming out and I'll never look back. This forum has been my lifeline to my second favorite activity (can you guess what my favorite is? :D) Thanks for being here. :love:

RachelZ
07-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Since I first started visiting this place about a year ago, I feel like my confidence has grown, I feel more honest about myself, and I just feel better being apart of a community where I can connect with people like me.:hugs:

MJ
07-26-2009, 01:06 PM
It enabled me to go full-time and beleive in myself

And to meet the most amazing wonderful group of people on the planet how cool is that :hugs: