PDA

View Full Version : GRS Update

Rachel_740
07-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi Girls,

Just a quick update on where I am on my GRS road.

Having transitioned, I am now completely used to being en-femme 24/7 and love it. I have had a referral for a second phsyciatric opinion, for which I am awaiting an appointment. I have also had a referral to the surgeon who is going to carry out my op (a little early but I asked for it so I can have a chat with the surgeon an get more information). I am planning on having the op about april next year, so by this time next year (hopefully) I should be back to work post op.

I'm having no problems anywhere and in the last few weeks I seem to be passing even better, with everyone who I've not met previously accepting me as female and I've even had a couple of guys at work call me 'love' now :D .

Life is so much better for me now and I'm really looking forward to the completing my transition with the op :thumbsup: .

Anne

DonnaT
07-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Sounds great Anne. Where you from? They usually use the term 'love' in certain parts of the UK.

Julie
07-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Anne,

That is so great! I love hearing 'success' stories.

Have you had FFS?

Who will be your surgeon for GRS?

Don't mean to be nosy.

Rachel_740
07-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Anne,

That is so great! I love hearing 'success' stories.

Have you had FFS?

Who will be your surgeon for GRS?

Don't mean to be nosy.

Hi Julie,

I don't see your questions as being nosey.

No, I haven't had FFS and have no plans to in the forseeable future, but it is possible that I may do in years to come. The main thing I am trying to work on - with some success now - is my voice. I think I'm more likely to have work done on my voice than my face, but as I say, I am making progress now.

My surgeon will be a Mr. Thomas and I am having the work done here in the UK (which also answers Donna's question as to where I am).

A lot of GG's over here call people 'love', but to me if a guy calls me 'love' he fully accepts me as female, either because he has no problem with TG's or because he genuinely thinks I am female (if I saw me in the street it would be the later, but I obviously can't speak for others). Either way it feels great.

Anne

Sharon
07-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Great news, Anne! I'm so happy for you. :hugs:

Denise01
07-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Great News Anne and I hope everything goes well for you

I just wish I was as far along my road to transition as you are

Denise

Rachel_740
07-07-2005, 01:46 PM
Girls,

I've been out truck driving today, as I do fairly regularly. I got to one delivery and I didn't see a goods inward office, so I went to ask about goods inward in the despatch office. The 2 guys in there had almost finished unloading me when the goods inward guy came out of the building. He said to one of the guys 'you didn't tell me there was a young lady out here'. He then turned to me and said 'I don't suppose he's told you that he gets every girl he speaks to pregnant'. I had to laugh - he obviously accepted me as female :) .

That was the best of a number of occasions today when I was taken as a GG. Life gets better :D .

Anne

Di
07-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Great news, glad things are going well

Rachel_740
07-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Hi Girls,

I've been driving again today - same company, same truck.

Let me set the scene. I decided I'd dress a bit more sexy than usual today, so I wore a slightly shorter top than usual. Pure white with 3/4 length arms :eek: - I'm driving a dirty greasy truck! I also wore a pair of hipster stretch jeans - nice and tight round my bum. The result of this is that every time I reach up I get a gap between my jeans and top, showing some flesh and the top of my panties - again, pure white.

I got to this drop and the guy unloading was waiting while I opened the curtain. As I was doing so we were talking about the nice weather (typical brits :rolleyes: ). While I was pulling the curtain he said 'very nice', initially talking about the weather. By the time he had changed his tone, and repeated himself no less than 6 times I'm sure he was then talking about me.

Loved it!!!!!!!!!

The guys at the company I've been working for are still convinced I'm a GG to. I'm making real progress with my voice as well as my appearance :) .

Anne

emmicd
07-08-2005, 11:53 PM
Anne,

Sounds like yoo're on your way to being the girl you always knew about! I'm happy you have the conviction and courage to transition fully to female and I wish you complete success and happiness.

Girl's do have more fun!

Best of luck!

Emmi

Rachel_740
07-24-2005, 04:15 AM
Hi Girls,

I had a pleasant day with my parents friday driving over 400 miles (round trip) to have my initial consultation with my GRS surgeon. On the way up there I detoured because my older boy was to recieve an award from his school at the end of year ceremonies for high acheivement. I'm so proud of him, especially after what he must have been through with my changes over the last year.

It was a brief consultation (considering how far I'd driven) - about 1/2 hour - but all that was required was dealt with. He answered my questions, I answered his. He examined me 'to see what material he has to work with' (an expression that amuses me every time I hear it). I didn't particularly warm to him, finding him a bit blunt, but his nurse said to me that he's had a lot on his plate and isn't always like that. She more than made up for it anyway - very kind, caring and tactile. On my request he relieved me of a very large amount of money as well - a bit early, as I'm planning to have surgery next May, but it's all paid for now and I don't have to worry about that side of things (I have other problems brewing with my ex and needed to spend the money sooner rather than later but I'm not going into that).

The only thing I would have liked that he couldn't provide is a video of the operation. Something I feel I'd like to see but I'm not completely sure because I get a bit squeemish, but he didn't have one anyway.

As an added bonus, I don't seem to have changed significantly within myself but I seem to be getting rapidly more accepted as a woman in the last few weeks. It is possible that the subtle changes I have been working on are showing through now, or that because I am more confident in myself I am giving more a femenine outward appearence. Whichever way it is it's boosting my confidence.

Anne

Julie
07-24-2005, 10:14 PM
The only thing I would have liked that he couldn't provide is a video of the operation. Something I feel I'd like to see but I'm not completely sure because I get a bit squeemish, but he didn't have one anyway.

Anne

If you're squeamish you may want to take a pass on the video. I saw just a small part of one and decided I'd seen enough. I think I lasted about 20 seconds. Some thinks are better left unknown.

Tristen Cox
07-25-2005, 04:34 AM
Very good Annie. I think I'd pass on the video though....squeemish is an understatement with me, just get it done know what I mean;)

RachelDenise
07-25-2005, 04:44 AM
Congats on your planning and success! Maybe you should write a "How to" book or "GRS for Dummies" :)

Rachel_740
07-25-2005, 02:09 PM
"GRS for Dummies" :)

I Don't see much comparison with "Windows for Dummies" - I don't think it would get quite the same sales figures either ;)

Anne

kristine239
07-27-2005, 04:11 PM
Just ran accross this discussion. Anne-O, I don't know who your sugen is, but Dr. toby Meltzer in Scottsdale AZ has shown his video at many TG conferences as has Dr. Marci bowers ( the only post-op surgeon that I know of) as well as Dr. Eugene Schrang in Michigan.

If I can be of any help here, let me know. I know personally all of the major US surgeons and a couple of them in Tiwian.

Love Kristine

MarieTS
07-27-2005, 04:30 PM
Anne: I am SO happy for you! :D I hope everything continues to go well.

You mentioned you were from U.K. Did you ever read Carolyn Cossey's biography on her transion? I think the name of it is "My Story", but I may be wrong. It's been quite awhile since I read it. Carolyn is also a Brit, and actually became a Bond Girl in the movie Octupussy after her transition. I believe her book was published in 91 or 92.

Books about other TS's are very helpful. It's interesting to see all the similarities we all experience, and how some people have overcome the obstacles and prejudices we all face.

Keeping you in prayers.