PDA

View Full Version : Empowered by this site!

Annie D
05-21-2009, 06:52 PM
As I continue to experience the wonderful delights of feminism, I become bolder and braver in my journey as Annie and would like to share some experiences that I have recently had. It has been very difficult not to "spill the beans" in some of my replies to other threads and I encourage you to share some of your experiences that were empowered by the threads and replies found on this site.

A couple of weeks ago, I was feeling somewhat under the weather and with all the scares from the swine flu, I decided to schedule a Dr.'s appointment and get to the bottom of my malaise. My employer had this year changed insurance carriers and I found a new doc close to where I live, called and luckily got an appointment that afternoon. My second stroke of luck was that my new physician was a female. It was then that I decided to dress in semi-feminine attire upon my initial visit.

My outer clothing consisted of a feminine top, light gray women's jeans, navy blue mules with 2" heels, my underwear was a pair of high cut panties and a matching camisole, my makeup was light powder, bronze colored lipstick and one dime sized hoop plus one diamond stud in each ear. My decision to dress in this manner was based upon the fact that if examined the doctor would surely see my bikini tan lines, feminine back tattoos, and my painted toenails.

Upon meeting the doctor, I immediately introduced myself and declared, as quickly as possible, that I was a crossdresser. I never could have said it as clearly and quickly as I did without the strength that I have received from this site. She asked a few questions about my "lifestyle" and I got the impression that she wasn't entirely knowlegable about transgendered. Questions about fidelity, if I still had marital relations with my wife and if I was out to the public. I answered her questions honestly and directly but I got the impression that she wanted to understand but couldn't quite get a grip on people who crossdressed. Before leaving we set up a second appointment for one week later to do some lab work and then the following week to meet with the doctor again to discuss and prescribe any, if necessary, medications.

With the cat out of the bag, I dressed entirely as Annie for my lab appointment. Unfortunately, I just met with the lab tech, but the receptionist called me "maam" and the other office personnel gave me some warm smiles. The lab tech was very cordial and professional. A couple of days later the same tech called me and explained that I needed to come to the office before my appointment with the doctor to take a glucose tolerance test and it would take a couple of hours to complete the test. I inquired in my male voice if she remembered me, she said yes, to which I responded that I have a way of making an impression on people. We both shared a good laugh!

Finally, the day of the test and the day of meeting the doctor again arrived. I was scheduled to arrive at 8:30 a.m., start the test and then meet with the doctor at 9:15. I got my kids off to school and started the feminization process. At 7:45, I got a call from the receptionist telling me that the doctor could not come in that morning and if I could reschedule, I replied that I had taken the day off and it was very inconvenient and she asked if I could come in at 1:00 p.m.? I agreed and continued to primp and prepare for what for me was a monumental undertaking. I had an outfit planned for over a week and at the last minute didn't like the way I looked and changed to another. The outfit was perfect, if I do say so myself, and I got complements at three different locations during that day.

I arrived shortly before 8:30, waited until just before 9 and was called in to begin the test. Draw blood and drink the sweet stuff, return to the lobby and wait one hour, go back into the lab, draw more blood and return to the lobby, wait another hour and get a third vile of blood drawn. It is now 11:15 and more than 50 people entered the medical center between the time I arrived and the time my test was concluded. I smiled and visited, I read and I watched people for over 2 hours and not a giggle or snide remark was made.

I left the office, went out and did some shopping and went fast food. I could not have done any of these things without the encouragement of those of you who have shared your experiences on this site.

I returned at 1 p.m. and waited about 20 minutes to be called into the inner examination rooms. Shortly after entering came the knock at the door and in came my doctor. One look and she had a genuine smile and a look of understanding on her face. We spent about 25 minutes chatting and talking about Annie (only about 10 on my medical condition) and when the appointment was over, the doctor thanked me for giving her a better understanding about people like us.

I apologize if this thread is so long but I wanted to share with all of you how much each and everyone of you have empowered me to be a better person and helped to fulfill my goal of being Annie more and more. Thank you, everyone!

If you reply, please share some occasions how this site has empowered you in a like manner to become braver and bolder with your true self.

Love, Annie

Teri Jean
05-23-2009, 07:25 AM
Annie, that was a wonderful thread and your experiance is so helpful for those who may be wanting to venture out. I have had so much help from the sisters here and have to say a support group, whether it is person or on line, can be very uplifting. I have a dr.s appointment coming up so your boldness will be something I may have to consider. Thank you so much. Huggs Keli

Marcia Blue
05-23-2009, 07:45 AM
Annie, thanks for your thoughts. While this site does empower me to dress more, I have not found the inner strenght to go out enfemm yet

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Wow, Annie - what a great read!

Not only was your time out filled with positive reactions, you also had the opportunity to answer some questions and educate about what it is to be a crossdresser. I'm sure you made a positive impression on the doctor and she will likely share what she's learned with others. That's powerful stuff and I applaud you for taking the time to educate! :)

In response to "how has this site empowered me", it's been quite a different thing for me.

Coming here to meet and interact with other crossdressers was my initial intent for singing up. Finding so many confused people who were in pain was unexpected (not implying that the majority of people are this way, but that many stuck out in my head as I got to know people here).

If anything, that caused something in my life to shift. I felt the need to end the senseless suffering of people like us because of how society treats us (which is what I firmly believe to be the root of all confusion, depression, guilt, self-hatred, etc. in most cd's).

I have chosen to share my life and put forth a positive example of myself for the world to see on myCDlife.com (http://www.mycdlife.com). I have also been asked about speaking in public to educate people about transgendered issues and sexuality, which I am looking forward to the opportunity to do so.

I don't know if this site empowered me to do anything, or if I simply decided to try and empower others by example. Whatever you want to call it, I was inspired to make some positive changes in my own life, and try to help others make positive change in theirs as well. I've also been inspired to change the game and change how society views people like us. I can't do it alone, but I'll do my part and make what difference I can. :)

LisaM
05-23-2009, 08:09 AM
Annie,

That was a wonderful story. How empowering and also helpful in educating others.