PDA

View Full Version : A picture is worth . . .

DonnaT
07-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Went to my mom's for a short visit this holiday weekend.

I took my camera with me, to show her some of the video I took in Vegas. I hooked up my camera to her television and, using the remote that came with the camera, played back tapes I took at home and in vegas.

I then flipped it to the still pictures, which showed some some of the flowers in front of my house, as well as some pictures I took while in Vegas.

I had forgot I had some personl pictures on there. Several were of my pinted toe nails (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/DonnaTvTg/tootsies.jpg). No biggy, but I tried flipping through them real quick.

Next up, several pictures of me seeing how my new glasses looked. My mom asked, "who is that?"

I responded, "That's me :o ," and again tried going past them fast.

She remarked, "That was not!"

Later, I took the camera off the Television and handed it to her with this picture (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/DonnaTvTg/dtnew1.jpg) displayed, and asked, "Don't you recognize her?"

She put her reading glasses on, looked at the picture, and guessed at a couple of names on my wife's side of the family.

"Nope," I aswered with each guess, and again said "that's me." She then looked at me, then back at the picture, repeated it a couple more times, and finally asked why I was dressed like that.

I told her that it was because I was a crossdresser and had been doing it since I was 10.

And you know what she said? "You should get your upper lip waxed." :D Totally accepting what I had told her. :clap:

michellej
07-05-2005, 01:02 PM
Good for you! great for your Mom

obsessedwithpantyhose
07-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Bravo!!!!!!!!!

:mad: i typed them in caps but the letters didnt stay capd when i posted

Amelie
07-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Donna, I like that pic of you, I really love your hair. It shows more of your pretty face, quite nice.
And congrat on showing your mom.
Amelie

Julie
07-05-2005, 01:24 PM
Only a mum could come out with a comical retort like that Donna, treasure her.

Congratulations also.
~Julie~

Julie
07-05-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm really happy for you Donna. From what you wrote it seemed your mom didn't even flinch. :cool:

mand
07-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Excellent Donna, good for you love ;)

I agree with Amilie, I like that picture :)

love mand xxx

jessica33
07-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Good for you . I wish my mom is as open minded as yours .

Tristen Cox
07-05-2005, 02:10 PM
That went rather well didn't it.:) I'm very happy for you :clap: :thumbsup:

Teddie
07-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Cool! That must have been hard and fun at the same time. :Power:

Katie Ashe
07-05-2005, 02:32 PM
:clap: Very nicely done. Moms know best (most of the time) get it waxed and take her out and get your nails done together :thumbsup:

Katie

StephanieCD
07-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Wow - that's a happy accident if I ever heard one!

Good for you :) Maybe mom would like to go for a waxing with you! What a gal, huh? Cool!

Lady Jayne
07-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Hee hee I can just picture it, aren't mums great!!!

Pip
07-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Some say there are no such things as accidents. I guess it was Moms time to find out. Glad it went well for you. I myself would have been horified, but this is all so new to me still I don't think I'm ready for dear ol' Mom to find out yet.

Congrats!

Pip

DonnaT
07-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks girls.

I figured she would be OK if I told her, but my wife didn't really want me to, so I held off.

We didn't get into a big discussion over my CDing, and I didn't want to overwhelm her with anything.

I did mention a plan on getting my ears pierced after we come back from Texas this coming weekend, and she thought it was cool. She even told one of my brothers that called that I was planning on getting them pierced.

My wife had said I could, but has since changed her mind, so it won't be happening. :(

I also told her about going out in Vegas. So that was the extent, and enough for me. :)

Wendy me
07-05-2005, 04:20 PM
too cool donna as i posted here my mom just this year told she knew abought my dressing for a long time and she is cool with it i don't want to dress for her or anything like that but one day i would like to show hre some pitchures .....when i get the nerve to ...mom's are greate.......

Sophia Rearen
07-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Way to keep your cool, Donna. I emailed my first night out photo of me to my my mother.
Her reply, "Whos fireplace is that?"

Olivia
07-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Oh Donna, that's great girl! Congrats to you and your wonderful Mom. Wow, You must have been so relieved by her reaction-it was a classic line, that's for sure. My own mother has been asking me a few questions lately about some of the changes in me she's noticed, ie. shaved legs, earings, etc. I've been working up my nerve to come out to her but not yet. You broke the ice in a courageous way and I'm sure proud of you! Way to go sister. Later, Olivia.

CharleneCD
07-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Donna, I'm so happy that went so well for you. Your mom took it even better than mine. It just goes to show that a mothers loove is special.

Sharon
07-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Great story, Donna -- it made me chuckle thinking how much differently my own mother would react.
I love the picture! It makes you look so much younger than the photo we've become accustomed to.

Tamara Croft
07-05-2005, 08:49 PM
And you know what she said? "You should get your upper lip waxed." Totally accepting what I had told her. :clap:Thats absolutely classic :hugs: Congrats to you for having such a kewl mom :) BTW, that pic is great, you should use it as your avatar :thumbsup:

Aloha_Dana
07-05-2005, 08:56 PM
I love it, love it, love it!!! Awesome Donna!

Sherlyn
07-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Donna thats great ...my MOM was weirded out at first ..but settled down after talking with Kew ....she actually thought i should see a doc ...hmmmm huh ...
love your pic too ...its good seeing another photo of you ....very natural :)

Cissy Suzie
07-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Good for you! And good for Mom!

My mom is 77 years old, I told my sister this year about Suzie, and I see absolutely no reason to tell Mom. :rolleyes:

She can find the negative side to any situation and I just don't want to trouble her with it.

That said, Good for you Grrl! :cool:

Rachel Morley
07-05-2005, 09:16 PM
What a great outcome! I love a happy ending :) I also agree with Tamara that your pic looks very natural and that maybe you should use it as your new avatar.

Lisa Maren
07-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Well done, Donna!

You and your mom are both cool customers! I wish my mom could be that cool with it. Alas, I don't think we'll be shopping together anytime soon.

PS - Your photo is cute too!

Hugs,
Lisa

Jenny Beth
07-05-2005, 09:43 PM
That was great Donna, I'll bet that was a weight off your shoulders. Next time you visit her you will no doubt have the best talk you've ever had with her. Oh, love the pic!