PDA

View Full Version : stubble and eyebrows

Crunchie
07-05-2005, 02:51 PM
After my first make-up session I have encountered a few problems. Firstly my unsightly man eyebrows, which cannot be shaped or plucked and resemble a couple of caterpillas :eek:
Secondly I have tried to cover my shadow with concealer and foundation but you can still see it... :thumbsdn:

Does anyone have any tips ?

Thanks

Crunchie
:love:

DonnaT
07-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Why can't your eyebrows be cut? They don't necessarily have to be shaped, at least not to a feminine style, but bushy eyebrows are so out, whereas neat trim brows are in. Anyone asks, you're just trying to look neater, and you will look neater in appearance.

Note that once you get the brows trimmed, you can pluck a little, and it will not be noticable. Randomly pluck a little every other day or so.

As for beard cover, try a MAC store and let them show you how it's done. Or try Colortration (http://www.colortration.com/). Or use Dermablend.

What have you tried for a concealer, anyway? Note that some colors work well to hide some hues of beard color, but not as well on others.

If you have a really blue beard, try an orange or yellow concealer, then a white concealer over that, then your makeup foundation, then a setting powder.

Lady Jayne
07-05-2005, 03:11 PM
As for the eyebrows get yourself a hair trimmer and tidy them up if you do it over a period of weeks nobody will even notice just don't get carried away at first also works great on arm hair (I shave my legs chest & underarms) but the arm hair and eyebrows are trimmed to a blade 4
now with the beard shadow I have never tried it but I'm told that an orange lipstick under your foundation counteracts the blue in your face shadow.
Hope that helps if not shout
Dana heeelp!

JoAnnDallas
07-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Crunchie..... you could do what a GG freind did. She had her brows removed and then had brows tatooed. Seems to be a favorite thing now adays.

Deidra Cowen
07-05-2005, 03:30 PM
I used to have thick eye brows. Without me asking one day while getting a haircut the stylist shaved them way back! No one ever said a thing about them and they look 100% better. I now trim them back once a week...but I admit I do not pluck or shape them yet...but thinking about it!

JoAnnDallas
07-05-2005, 03:42 PM
On the same note. do any of you use mascara on your brows??

Tamara Croft
07-05-2005, 03:55 PM
What on earth for??

Maddie Knight
07-05-2005, 05:00 PM

No, but sometimes i use eyeliner.

Amelie
07-05-2005, 05:07 PM
No, but sometimes i use eyeliner.

Same here. I have used eyeliner on my brows. I used to shave my brows off completely, then draw in a thin brow with eyeliner. Go to any goth site and see the pics of these ggs and you'll see what I mean.

Nowadays I shave some of my brow, then I use a color pencil(Black, brown, etc.) to make a thin line from the part of the brow that I didn't shave.

DonnaT
07-05-2005, 05:10 PM
I use a brown powder on my eyebrows.

I would think mascara would thicken the brows. I have enough trouble trying to make them look thinner than they are :D

A powder or pencil will fill in on the skin and appear more natural.

misty_waves
07-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Girls, girls! I can't believe you never heard of using mascara on your eyebrows. I use CLEAR mascara to make my eyebrows appear thinner and shape them in a more curvy way. I brush the hairs at the top of the eyebrow downward while brusing the hairs at the bottom upward. This creates the illusion that they are much thinner than they actually are.

As much as I hate to admit this, if I just let my eyebrows grow naturally, I would have a unibrow and hairs down to my eyelids. So Crunchie - it's not at all weird to pluck your eyebrows... even when in drab. It's not just a thing for girls and gay guys anymore... tons of straight guys do it now too (they just won't usually admit it). I'm a little weary of shaving them though because I still fear that old wive's tale that shaving makes the hairs grow back thicker and stronger. Plus, plucking pulls the hairs out by the roots which means they appear to stay away for a longer time. When you're in drab, if anyone notices and says anything, just tell them where to go and that no woman (or man) wants someone with a giant caterpillar as eyebrows.

As for the beard cover, I have also heard that orange lipstick works as a great concealer. However, I have never tried this myself, so I don't really know. I have tried using yellow concealer, but that didn't seem to do anything but make my makeup appear heavier.

Oh! And there's another product out there for eyebrows. I think it's called eyebrow sealer. Basically, what it does is allows you to flatten and cover your eyebrows to your skin. Then you can apply concealer/foundation over them and have a clean slate to pencil in the eyebrows of your dreams. And then when your dressing session is over, you can simply wash it all off.

Lauren415
07-05-2005, 06:03 PM
I just go to a spa and have waxed, they do a great job a most of them.

ronni
07-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Don't go there, Joanna.
I got some eyebrow tattoos and it looks like you put them on with a marker!
Then they stuck pretty good too and it was difficult scrubbing them off, only to try another tack...
A grease pencil with a bristle brush works pretty well because you can feather them out to avoid harsh lines

Lauren does have a nice wax job, doesn't she

Tamara Croft
07-05-2005, 08:19 PM
Girls, girls! I can't believe you never heard of using mascara on your eyebrows. I use CLEAR mascara to make my eyebrows appear thinner and shape them in a more curvy way. I brush the hairs at the top of the eyebrow downward while brusing the hairs at the bottom upward. This creates the illusion that they are much thinner than they actually are.

You can do the same thing with a wax brow pencil. Brush the hairs back with a brow brush... apply the pencil to the hairs and then brush the hairs back down into desired place. The wax keeps the hairs in place :D

ChristineRenee
07-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Every so often I just have to have mine waxed at the salon. I try to keep up with the plucking but just can't maintain them myself for too long. I also use a brow pencil to darken them because they are so light in color.

Love,
Chrissie:)

kymmieLorain
07-05-2005, 09:19 PM
With in the last couple of years I have been getting(fighting) wild eyebrow hairs. Which I have been plucking. I also pluck a few extra.

Kymmie