PDA

View Full Version : You Don't Really Believe You're Straight, Do You?

deja true
05-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Get serious, hunny!

The ol' "square peg in a round hole" feeling was mentioned again in a post today and it got me thinkin'...

Sure, the gender binary oriented societies we live in are under the impression that there are only female and male roles to fit into. (Even if you're gay, you gotta be a male gay or a female gay person...)

But guess what? I figured out that I'm not a square peg or a round peg! I'm a freekin' rhombohedral peg and I really, really like that idea!

Now we just gotta get all those boring square and round pegs to admit that there are multifaceted holes that we can fit into. (And that no, we're not a threat to National Security!)

(It's the caffeine talking...makes me think in images! ;))

tanvi
05-23-2009, 11:32 AM
i think m interested in both dunno i might be wrong too but i always wonder how would it be to be with a guy even tho i have a gf

kellycan27
05-23-2009, 11:37 AM
i think m interested in both dunno i might be wrong too but i always wonder how would it be to be with a guy even tho i have a gf

If you didn't have a g/f I'd say... try it you might like it :heehee:

Kate Simmons
05-23-2009, 11:40 AM
You are more right than many may realize my friend. In more ways (and dimensions and facets) than one.:)

JillHill
05-23-2009, 11:46 AM
I prefer to think of myself as octagon and cannot find a whole at all.

Miranda09
05-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Never did like square holes!! :)

Kristen Kelly
05-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Comes back to puttig a label on everything, we do it as well your a CD, MTF, TG, TS, Non-op, Pre-op, Post-op. We are not comfortable with things unless we can define them.

Lorileah
05-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Ok so I will show my age and most the people here won't remember the song but...

If you ain't wrong, you're right
If it ain't day, it's night
If you ain't sure, you might
Gotta be this or that

of course that isn't true. Everything is a bell curve. Most lie within the bell curve but some are outside. Remember statistics with the error of .001? However, we have to fight everyday to try and establish that we are who we are, not good not bad not abnormal.

Most people here identify as straight. Bravo for them, they may never have the desire for "steak". Some like a buffet. But we are who we are and it is difficult, especially with the media attention we get, to break out of the "Gay, pervert,psychotic killer" mold.

Wouldn't it be nice if when someone came out to their SO that the first question was "how can we make this a part of our lives?" instead of "Are you gay? Are you going to leave me for a man? Do you want to be a woman?" When we break those stereotypes, life will be much easier. But as long as those myths are perpetuated, we will remain closeted gay perverts who kill people in the showers.

It ain't the caffeine talking here:)

TGMarla
05-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Lorileah, you are so right. I'm not gay, but most "straight" men don't parade around looking like women, either. I'm not sure just what shape I fit into, but all of us here are living proof that the "one size fits all" theory just doesn't hold water.

Sarah...
05-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if when someone came out to their SO that the first question was "how can we make this a part of our lives?"

It does happen, I can assure you of that. :)

instead of "Are you gay? Are you going to leave me for a man? Do you want to be a woman?" When we break those stereotypes, life will be much easier. But as long as those myths are perpetuated, we will remain closeted gay perverts who kill people in the showers.

We must remember though that in breaking some stereotypes we must not inadvertently reinforce others. Not all people in the position described above will answer "no" to each of your three questions. Some people may well be "gay" by any definition you might offer and some may well indeed want to be a woman (or a man, to consider one of the other possibilities). It works both ways.

Sarah...

DianneRoberts
05-23-2009, 12:33 PM
It's human nature to be curious.

I don't believe that there is a man in the world that wouldn't at least try a woman's clothes on if he was certain he wouldn't be caught.

Beyond that it's only degrees and honesty

:2c:

:hugs:
Dianne

Sammy777
05-23-2009, 12:39 PM
I'd say... try it you might like it :heehee:

Reminds me of this old gem :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYEXzx-TINc

Lisa Golightly
05-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Straight as a boy, straight as a girl... It's only the sex of my partners that's changed :)

JacDoe
05-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Soo...

Say you love women.

You love the way they walk, you love the way they talk. You love their heels and are fascinated by the tedium they put themselves through on a daily basis to look good.

After a while of watching that, listening to that, getting to know them, seeing the rituals that are makeup, putting on stockings without runs, trying to zip up your own dress without assistance and any number of other absolutely feminine things... what male wouldn't be tempted to try it for himself?

I absolutely think of myself as straight.

Kristen Kelly
05-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Most people here identify as straight. Bravo for them, they may never have the desire for "steak". Some like a buffet. But we are who we are and it is difficult, especially with the media attention we get, to break out of the "Gay, pervert,psychotic killer" mold.

Wouldn't it be nice if when someone came out to their SO that the first question was "how can we make this a part of our lives?" instead of "Are you gay? Are you going to leave me for a man? Do you want to be a woman?" When we break those stereotypes, life will be much easier. But as long as those myths are perpetuated, we will remain closeted gay perverts who kill people in the showers.

You are so right we have to educate before we can be accepted...the media loves to show our Bizarre examples of our community so how else will we be seen.:thumbsup:

Sally24
05-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I identify as a polymorphic non-structured fliudic personality and am constantly annoyed with those that can only compare me with a static geometric shape.:devil:

Joni Marie Cruz
05-23-2009, 01:10 PM
I think I'm more like a Mobius strip, at first glance I look like I have two sides but I really don't, there's only one. And I'm non-orientable and have a single boundary.

Hugs...Joni Marie

Miranda09
05-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Ah, here we go with labels again. I do view myself as being straight. I have no desire to be with a man. But one thing I will say is that when I do get dressed up to the hilt, fully decked out and feeling realllly goooood, something comes over me. I look in the mirror and don't see my male self. Instead i see an attractive woman. Now, in a previous thread it asked if a guy made a pass at you, what would you think? Well, like any woman, it would be great. Whether that guy was gay or not, new or not, doesn't really matter. I'm not going any further than the compliment any way, but my feminine side would love it. My guy persona wouldn't even surface. If my goal is to understand a woman's feelings (a very complex issue), I won't be afraid to let myself experience them. We all have these characteristics. It's just that in most cases, it's suppressed as being wrong. Hope that makes some sense!!! :)

cindym5_04
05-23-2009, 01:16 PM

LOL been with both...both can be a lot of fun... I prefer women overall (hence me having a wife), but you're right- guys can be enjoyable too!

sarah-cd
05-23-2009, 01:35 PM
I could never have sex with a man. In one respect I am gay though, aka happy!

Karren H
05-23-2009, 01:42 PM
So your re-sterotyping us back to the old "if you dress you must be gay" thingy?? Thanks for that!! Get your round peg any where near my square hole and you'll get free srs!! Hahaha.

Carly D.
05-23-2009, 01:57 PM
My cross dressing habits are layered.. I can wear heels only, or a bra only, or panties only.. panties with pantyhose (usually never pantyhose alone or tights alone), then there's the from the waist down dressing (panties, pantyhose/tights, skirt and heels).. and of course the "full Monty" fully dressed head to toe.. and then the either going out or not going out.. what is there this type of layering in being gay?? I wouldn't know what it would be..

Miranda09
05-23-2009, 02:04 PM
So your re-sterotyping us back to the old "if you dress you must be gay" thingy?? Thanks for that!! Get your round peg any where near my square hole and you'll get free srs!! Hahaha.

Good thing I don't like square holes!!! :D

Sammy777
05-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Get your round peg any where near my square hole and you'll get free srs!! Hahaha.

Wow Karren I never knew you were so multifaceted.
Leave it to an engineer, Is there anything they can't do? :D

You better watch out though, some here may try to take you up on your offer of getting free work done. :lol2:
Just be sure you use the correct blueprints. :D

Deedee Dupree
05-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Deja, you're on to something there.... got me thinking. So I went back and did a re-count, and you are right, there are some extra cards in my deck too, some of them are jokers. Guess I didn't notice them before cause the glasses I've been wearing always seem to straighten out my reflection. What I mean is:

The glasses are spinning
the suspect reflected
unrecognised
Elusive

cheers, dd

Mistybtm
05-23-2009, 03:48 PM

I have and still do I am bi and love it both:thumbsup::o:D

Annesah
05-23-2009, 04:03 PM
I am totally streight! That's what my boyfriend says.

audreycd
05-23-2009, 04:27 PM
I know why I never liked geometry. Round, Square, Ring, Polygon, why should I bother with all these figure. I like to dress as a woman, thats a part of me. May be I'm in touch with my feminine side. But I dont think I could have a sexual affair with a man. But If you consider making love to a woman dress as a woman this should be gay in a strange way.
Remember me why I never like philosophy too ^^.

kristinacd55
05-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Deja, how do u pronounce rhombohedral???? good post though! :eek:

Sam-antha
05-23-2009, 05:36 PM
............... Everything is a bell curve. Most lie within the bell curve but some are outside. Remember statistics with the error of .001? ............:)

Everything lies within the parameters described by that bell. You and me and all our variations. What lies outwith it is beyond the reality of my imagining, in terms of character.

~Samm

Seamus_Jameson
05-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Never did like square holes!! :)

:rofl::rofl:

I think a world without labels would be horrible. Labels tell us who we are and where we fit into the world. How could one have gay pride, if one can't be "gay"? Labels miss the details and the nuances, but avoid boring twenty minute conversations about plants that could have been summed up by "I'm a gardener".

Just, sometimes, labels hurt us. And that's no good.

sissystephanie
05-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Lorileah, you are so right. I'm not gay, but most "straight" men don't parade around looking like women, either. I'm not sure just what shape I fit into, but all of us here are living proof that the "one size fits all" theory just doesn't hold water.

Neither you, or anyone else, knows just how many men CD! But I would guess it is a great number. But I do agree that one size does not fit all! Thank God for that!

As for myself, although a CD, I am very definitely a "straight" male. I have NO desire to be a woman, or to be used as one by a man. As I always told my late wife, "when I quit looking at pretty girls just close the lid because I am dead!" Of course, sometimes I was looking more at what they were wearing!!:)

StevieTV
05-23-2009, 07:20 PM
I gave up a long time ago. I broke the peg trying to force it into the hole. That's when it all became clear.:)

Jaclyn NM
05-23-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't believe in labels, or "one size fits all". I happen to be a happily married heterosexual, who happens to love wearing female attire, especially stockings and stilettoe heels. So what! As Popeye once said, "I am what I am!

Samantha43
05-23-2009, 09:54 PM
I have absolutely no desire to be with a man. I adore women. I still adore women even when I'm dressed as one.

I guess that makes me straight?

Veronica75
05-23-2009, 11:49 PM
:rofl::rofl:

I think a world without labels would be horrible. Labels tell us who we are and where we fit into the world. How could one have gay pride, if one can't be "gay"? Labels miss the details and the nuances, but avoid boring twenty minute conversations about plants that could have been summed up by "I'm a gardener".

Just, sometimes, labels hurt us. And that's no good.

I like labels as much as anyone, at least on cans of Reddi-Whip and WD40, which prevent me from filling my locks with whipped cream or ingesting toxic lubricants. The problem with labels on people is that they reduce individuals to a 2-dimensional archetypes that are almost always, in one way or the other, prejudicial. Instead of "I'm a gardener" how about "I am ______ and I enjoy gardening."?

Frankly I don't think gay pride (or TG pride for that matter) has anymore validity than white pride or black pride or Irish pride. My pride comes from who I am as a totality, not something as narrow as my skin color, sexual preferences, what sports team I follow, or the fact that I crossdress. None of those things are so important to who I am that I could imagine building my self respect on any one of them.

Georgia Rose
05-24-2009, 05:25 AM
Love to dress as a woman but the thought of having sex with another man is simply not on my radar.

I know quite a few gay men and as far as I'm aware none of them ever dresses like a woman. Gay guys like guys, not men dressed as woman. Some "straight" guys like men dressed as woman as they can rationalise their homosexual behaviour away by "at least he/she appeared to be a woman".

We are like that great invention the jigsaw. We can be whatever shaped hole we want to be; it all depends on how you direct the jigsaw. Or if that proves to be a bit difficult get out the angle grinder, you can make all sorts of holes with one of those.

Shari
05-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Labeling is starting to rank right up there with panty and bathroom threads.

You are what you are and no two of us are exactly alike.

I'm straight, but the fantasies of being with a man become greater and more pronounced when I'm dressed.

Maybe I'm a WBB. A wanna be bisexual.

Stephanie Stephens
05-24-2009, 07:23 AM
I consider myself as Bi, but, I am only Homosexual with the right person and I am only Heterosexual with the right person. If I don't like the girl, no thanks I'm gay. If I don't like the guy, no thanks I'm not gay.:2c:

deja true
05-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Well, in fact the OP wasn't about labelling, it was decidedly anti-labelling!

(I shoulda asked that no posts were allowed that started with "I'm straight, but...")

The intention was just to point out that my own reflections were telling me that each of us had so many little things going on in our heads that none of us really fit into any particular category. And that these "two dimensional archetypes", as the charming young Veronica has called them, are doing us a great disservice. That is clear from the "I don't like labelling, but..." posts that always eventuate in any thread that tries to get a handle on our sexuality issues.

I've railed against the two dimensional nature of our thoughts on this subject before. Both the 'spectum' and 'bell curve' models that often come up are only two dimensional constructs. They really don't take into account the three or four dimensional nature of our personalities. 'Cos our gender thoughts and issues don't just affect our appearances, they come into play in everything we do or say or decide to do, and have done for our entire lives. Even if we don't recognize their influence!

(Sheesh! And this on de-caf!)

Kate Simmons
05-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Yep, the dimensional nature of our nature is limited only by our own imagination once we take the reins and ownership of ourselves. Although I will admit it's much easier for the many to defer that to someone or something else. Our choice it seems.:)

Dana Lane
05-24-2009, 07:52 AM
This is a very interesting thread. I like to perhaps look at it all as 'standard' or 'non-standard'.

Ediosa
05-24-2009, 08:07 AM
I am 110% straigth. I adore women way too much to be anything but.

TxKimberly
05-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Well I should think it's fairly obvious that I'm not straight - I'm bent! While bent I may be, I am 100% heterosexual.

Sarah...
05-24-2009, 08:26 AM
I am 110% straigth. I adore women way too much to be anything but.

I have absolutely no desire to be with a man. I adore women. I still adore women even when I'm dressed as one.

I guess that makes me straight?

Your preference is clear - and that's good :) I have no argument with that and certainly don't seek to challenge it. I am interested in the way you make your point though.

Your statements suggest that because you "adore" one type of human it is therefore impossible to adore any other type. It would be like saying, "I adore apples therefore I am not interested in bananas". In fact, interest in one does not preclude interest in the other, it's simply a personal choice.

I know - it's probably a pedantic point but there may well be a few people who are struggling with the notion that being attracted to women means they can't be attracted to men. I'm not suggesting any contributors in this thread are - but there may be some out there.

And just to re-iterate - if you say you are "straight" then I'm more than happy to support you 100% in that view.

Sarah...

Nicki B
05-24-2009, 08:44 AM
I like to perhaps look at it all as 'standard' or 'non-standard'.

But why does everything have to be a binary? :strugglin

Lisa Golightly
05-24-2009, 08:46 AM
it's probably a pedantic point but there may well be a few people who are struggling with the notion that being attracted to women means they can't be attracted to men.

Oddly it is something I never managed to achieve... I just went right off women... they don't even pique my interest... The weirdest thing though was that it just didn't bother me when my interest switched... All seemed very natural and proper... I still find it quite intriguing, but have to admit boys are nicer ;)

Lisa x

Karren H
05-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Wow Karren I never knew you were so multifaceted.
Leave it to an engineer, Is there anything they can't do? :D

You better watch out though, some here may try to take you up on your offer of getting free work done. :lol2:
Just be sure you use the correct blueprints. :D

It's a cpmplicated engineering proceedure called a "Sh#t fit"... Where they all come out in nice square evenly length pieces!! :D

tanya1976
05-24-2009, 03:12 PM
This is an interesting parallel to the thread 'being straight what would you do..'. My answer to this question is pretty similar: Although I've never been attracted to men I do find some crossdressers attractive in a sexual way. However that attraction is based purely on pictures and, as I've never met any in real life, is largely a fantasy. Like most fantasies I'm not sure if it would hold up in reality if I ever did meet any.
In any case as at this particular time I'm in a happy relationship (with a female!) it's a moot point anyway but I tend to believe in the 'there's just degrees of staightness/homosexuality' theory and feel that I'm mostly straight... although you can never say never!!!

2B Natasha
05-24-2009, 03:43 PM
You pose an interesting question and some of the answer are even more interesting. I would have to consider myself BI if I was to put a label on things. But there in lies the rub. I don't walk around and think about these issues unless some one brings them up. Straight, bent, broken, dent, out, in, buried, ruptured, twisted, alloy, who cares.

Let me put it another way. I do think it would be fun with a roll in the hay with a guy, but I then would want him to get the heck out of dodge and don't let the door hit you on the way out cause I ain't making you breakfast.

I don't want to get dolled up and do the horizontal mambo with a women either. Paint our nails, try out clothes, work on make-up technique. Let's go sister. But if I am going to make it with a woman I want to be in my man mode to do that.

There is a lot of twisted logic that goes into the answer.

Niya W
05-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Me gay, as in homosexual ? Of course I am I like women.

Kate Simmons
05-25-2009, 06:47 AM
It's a cpmplicated engineering proceedure called a "Sh#t fit"... Where they all come out in nice square evenly length pieces!! :DI'm wondering if that is related to the "Oh, S**t" gap that is found when problem solving.:heehee:

kellycan27
05-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Your preference is clear - and that's good :) I have no argument with that and certainly don't seek to challenge it. I am interested in the way you make your point though.

Your statements suggest that because you "adore" one type of human it is therefore impossible to adore any other type. It would be like saying, "I adore apples therefore I am not interested in bananas". In fact, interest in one does not preclude interest in the other, it's simply a personal choice.

I know - it's probably a pedantic point but there may well be a few people who are struggling with the notion that being attracted to women means they can't be attracted to men. I'm not suggesting any contributors in this thread are - but there may be some out there.

And just to re-iterate - if you say you are "straight" then I'm more than happy to support you 100% in that view.

Sarah...

Interesting choice of fruit for your analogy...........But I like it..:lol2:

Kelly

flatlander_48
05-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Get serious, hunny!

The ol' "square peg in a round hole" feeling was mentioned again in a post today and it got me thinkin'...

No, it's not a problem for me. I sorted out my sexuality before I got to the crossdressing thing...

Ellen James
05-30-2009, 05:59 PM
I have always loved Woody Allen's comment on bisexuality - it doubles your chances of getting a date on Saturday night.

Personally, I'm beginning to think I might be bi - I would find it hard to deny my curiousity and I know that in certain circumstances I probably wouldn't hesitate though in others I certainly would, safety first after all. It just seems that as I come to appreciate women more, sex seems to be simply one more puzzle and one that overlaps the puzzles that are women and men. Always had a tendency to try and solve puzzles, especially ones that promise to be fun and interesting. :o

gennee
05-30-2009, 06:41 PM
The farther I travel along this road the more I see that I have more facets to me than I ever imagined. I have longed believed that people are a dichotomy of two or more personalities. I have discovered four within myself and I'm discovering more.

Gennee
:)

Alice Torn
05-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Jacylin, Didn't Popeye sing, "I YAM what I YAM?".

Jenny Wilson
05-30-2009, 08:29 PM
I am a lesbian in a man's body. I love making love to women. I wear boy clothes to match my body, but I'd rather wear girl clothes to match my inner self.

As far as labels are concerned, I don't have any. They'd come off in the shower.

Jenny

Mona
05-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Hmm, so where do I find a rhombohedral? Actually I'm a guy who likes to dress as a woman who likes very much a guy who bacame a woman! Not sure what that makes me, let 'em argue!!

Veronica75
05-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Hmm, so where do I find a rhombohedral? Actually I'm a guy who likes to dress as a woman who likes very much a guy who bacame a woman! Not sure what that makes me, let 'em argue!!

I hope it makes you happily in love!

Nessa88
05-31-2009, 12:15 AM
I recently discovered that I'm bisexual because I'm willing to date transwomen. So now I really don't care otherwise what people think.

Samantha43
05-31-2009, 12:45 AM

Sarah...

I adore apples and can't even stand the smell of a banana....:D

dutch-anita
05-31-2009, 05:43 AM
I started live very straight but now when I am older and feeling more female sometimes (just sometimes) I like to go all the way with a feminine looking gay so if I have to label myself I consider myself as bi (and i like it)

Joanne f
05-31-2009, 05:57 AM
OK i am going to answer with an old label that i have not heard of for a while but i feel that it sort of fits here.
I use to call it the 3rd G as in third gender OK out of date but if i am 3rd G then i am never going to be straight which ever way you look at it or am i always going to be straight which ever way you look at it :D
Or am i just saying (not going to tell you):D:devil:

switcheralso
05-31-2009, 07:13 AM
OK...Well I'm actually beyond 3G I'm actually 4G...Straight,Bi,Gay and a crossdresser...

Joanne f
05-31-2009, 07:29 AM
OK...Well I'm actually beyond 3G I'm actually 4G...Straight,Bi,Gay and a crossdresser...

Hey that`s cheating, what sort of a STRAIGHT answer is that :roflmao::lol2:

Dana Lane
05-31-2009, 07:48 AM
I am attracted to women for the most part but do find some men to be incredibly attractive. I have always been attracted to androgynous men but have never been with one. I have only had one homosexual experience and it didn't turn me on or totally turn me off.

If I were to fully transition I think I would most likely be bisexual. A man being my 'natural' partner so to speak and being with women would put the 'bi' part in motion.

Ralph
05-31-2009, 04:09 PM
If you were living in the Roman Empire, there wouldn't even be a word for straight. "The Program" was alot wider back then, and it wasn't until the Holy Roman Empire accepted Christianity and it's narrow path that sex became an uptight thing.

While homosexual behavior was commonly accepted in ancient Rome, condemnation of it didn't start with the Christians. There were laws prohibiting homosexuality at least as far back as 500BC. Now I'm not about to start a debate on whether the laws in the book of Leviticus are or ever were relevant; I'm just saying that at the time it was written - centuries before the rise of the Roman empire - people of that time believed that homosexuality was wrong. They didn't have a word for bestiality, either, but that doesn't mean they did not consider it wrong.

Bear in mind also, the Romans were the ones who gave us forced gladiatorial combat and other snuff shows, so the fact that they considered something socially acceptable doesn't automatically make it a good idea.

ralph