PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Shoes in the home?

LA Woman
07-05-2005, 04:44 PM
I have been thinking about this lately. I live in a house built up off the ground. I have noticed that when I am wearing heels in the house, I tend to tip toe so the heels hitting the floor aren't so noisy. I guess the reason I do this is so the neighbors don't hear someone walking around in my home with heels on, when the only vehicle in the yard is mine and my wife isn't here. Is this just a strange thing that I do, or has anyone else that lives in a home off the ground or perhaps even an apartment thought about this? I am not out to anyone, and prefer that it stays this way. Does anyone think that the sound of high heels is that different than regular guy dress shoes from outside the home? Kind of a strange thought I know, but then again I am kind of a strange person!

I know that the next house I get will be built on a concrete slab so I don't constantly think about this and have to tiptoe around my own house! ;)

LA Woman

Wendy me
07-05-2005, 04:57 PM
put on some tunes and dance up a storm .......

DonnaT
07-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Heels definitely sound different than male shoes on a hard floor.

I use to walk toe first, but it really didn't help. Now that everyone in the house knows, I doen't tip toe around. Not that I get to wear the spiked heels too often since I put in a wood floor.

Maddie Knight
07-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Who cares what your neighbours think, its your house do what you want.

Tristen Cox
07-05-2005, 06:28 PM
Who cares what your neighbours think, its your house do what you want.
Damn straight :thumbsup:

michellej
07-05-2005, 06:31 PM
I LOVE the sound of heels on a floor. Even more when it's me making the sound!

Katrina
07-05-2005, 08:01 PM
I LOVE the sound of heels on a floor. Even more when it's me making the sound!

I agree! I think one of the best sounds is heels clicking on the floor. I live in a townhouse and I'm sure my neighbors have heard at some point. I just don't care.

ronna
07-05-2005, 09:35 PM
You may not know this, LA Woman, but you can hear high heels on a basement floor all the way up to the 2nd floor, a very distinctive click
How do you like these?
I've been thinking of buying one of these pairs.

Sweet Jeanette
07-05-2005, 10:11 PM
I have a house that has Bare , wooden floors, and I click around the house all the time after work, every day!------I do not click lightly either, and I have close neighbors on one side of me.---I do NOT care WHAT they hear!--Ha!---I am shortly going out to lock up my truck for the night, and do not CARE who hears or sees me!----This is MY place!---Bought and paid for.---I say, "To H-ll with them!"-----Thats my view! :D

LA Woman
07-05-2005, 10:11 PM
I am also one that Loves the sound of heels especially on concrete or a tile floor. I have worn them at work a couple of times when I was sure nobody would be there. It is the best!

Ronna - I think all of those shoes are great. I really like the Green and gold open toe heels and I just adore the mary janes! Where could I find these shoes and what size do they go up to?

LA Woman

obsessedwithpantyhose
07-06-2005, 12:17 AM
i live on the top floor of an apartment and i clack around alot, and the people below me have seen me in pantyhose and skirts so its no big secret and when i take my bike out for rides while dressed i make all sorts of clacking noise as i walk my bike to the sidewalks :D

Tasha Norval
07-06-2005, 03:51 AM
Aye, I live in campus housing and this almost ruined heels for me. But my advice: don't fret it. Your neighboors will probably assume it's a visitor and unless you have a duplex, they probably won't notice it for other noises.

RachelDenise
07-06-2005, 04:49 AM
I find the clicking of heels on the floor a very girlish thing, also very seductive. Keep doing the heel thing, and use other noise (music, television) to help with the sounds. Don't stop in your own home!!!!

Susan Smith
07-06-2005, 05:41 AM
I love the sound of heels, particularly if I'm making the noise. My wife loves the sound of her heels, too.

I have a pair of thigh high boots with 4 inch heels that sound fantastic on the ceramic floor in our kitchen. Recently bought a pair of strappy sandals that are almost silent - very dissapointed.

I live in a detached house so sound is no problem, but I guess it might be a little inhibiting thinking that the neighbours can hear the noise and will know what's going on. Most likely that the neighbours won't hear it and if they do they won't care. You might just have metal tips in your heels!

Heather Daniels
07-06-2005, 08:19 AM
You may not know this, LA Woman, but you can hear high heels on a basement floor all the way up to the 2nd floor, a very distinctive click
How do you like these?
I've been thinking of buying one of these pairs.
I just adore the sound of my heels on a hard floor. I also adore the 2 pairs on the left. Looks like I'm going shopping !! :)

Jill
07-06-2005, 09:56 AM
I've spent the last 2 and a half years living in college apartments, on the third floor. And with 1 to 4 other college dudes living below me, I have always tread softly when walking on the tile in the kitchen. I was really glad though when one room mate brought a huge rug to put in there and now I don't have to worry about being heard.

Stephenie
07-06-2005, 10:19 AM
The green and gold pair are the ones you should get and if they don't fit right I'll take them for you.

StephanieCD
07-06-2005, 06:56 PM
The click click click has always driven me wild. I now live in an apartment with 2 very small linoleum areas... I go out of my way to briefly walk across them but, yes, I do worry about the sound through the walls...

Clare
07-08-2005, 03:57 AM
I remember when i was flatting in my young adult days and experimenting with xdressing, i had a pair of (cheap) stilletto pumps with a metal tip on the stiletto and wow did it make a clicking noise! I was usually very careful when the neigbours were home, but i'd make a racket when they weren't!

Luckily, most places i've lived in have had carpet, but one townhouse had wooden flooring which would have been great for the sound of click, click, click, but i didn't want to have a lot of little round dents in the flooring because of the stilettos, so didn't really risk wearing the shoes that much.

But yes, there is nothing more satisfying than the sound of clicking heels - especially when its because of you and not your GG.

Christine

Jadeanne
07-08-2005, 11:15 PM
My house has a lot of linoleum and wood floors and I love the sound of my heels, especially on the concrete cellar floor, when I'm taking laundry off the indoor clotheslines while I'm in my maid outfit.

At work, most corridors are linoleum tile block, and there are a couple of enclosed walkways with concrete floors and I love the sound of womens heels on them. That is going to be one of the things about work I will miss when I retire in less than a year.

Jadeanne