PDA

View Full Version : Gaining a greater appreciation of women!

emmicd
07-05-2005, 06:03 PM
This thread is inspired by a comment by Stacey23, a GG who responded to a previous thread I created about GGs views of CDs.

As a cross dresser how has expressing your feminine side given you a better perspective of women and their lifestyle and made you gain a greater appreciation and understanding of them and realize that they are definitely worth imitatating!

Like the old saying goes: "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!"

Would like all you girl's to comment on why you love imitating women so much!

GGs are free to respond to and try to interpret why we have this incredible need to imitate women and their very essence of femininity!

Thank you!

Emmi

Natalie x
07-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Oh yes, without a doubt, I feel that I understand women better since I started crossdressing all those, erm, weeks ago.

For me, it manifests mostly in the sensitivity I seem to have acquired for the feelings of others, but I cannot ignore the fact that it also covers the shopping and making-myself-beautiful areas, too.

Why do I do it? Well, if I watch a great guitarist, I want to be a great guitarist, and a lifetime of admiring women has just made me want to be a woman. Having said that, I guess my feminine side was always strong, and bound to come out one day anyway.

Tristen Cox
07-05-2005, 06:27 PM
comment on why you love imitating women so much?

I want to be one, not immitate someone. Be visually how I feel I should look and I don't look like anyone but me. Hence why I did not respond to 'have you seen your GG double'. I am me. plain and simple.

emmicd
07-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Why do I enjoy dressing up and tapping into my feminine side? That is a good question. You see all my life I always felt a fondness towards girls as a boy growing up in a way of total respect and admiration. I was also impressed with how girls dressed and felt a need to expess that femme mystique that girls exuded. I was captivated and that was probably why I desired to dress the part. It was strictly an innocent feeling I had that kind of grew from within.

As I got older that feeling intensified and on occasion wain. I would go through periods where I needed to cross dress frequently but realizing how difficult that could be it was limited and always done secretly and with tremendous guilt. I kept it concealed very well and never discussed it with anyone. I just knew that people would not understand as I couldn't understand it myself!

I was a typical boy in all respects in that I was a good athlete and excelled in school. I had some friends but considered myself very shy and I think the dressing for me was an escape as well.

I did all the right things and made good choices in my life but still held on to this cross dressing and never did have much success in trying to rid myself of it. As I got older I realized that I was expressing something inside of me that was not a threat to anyone and I felt was harmless. The only harm really is how consuming it is. It's like the act of dressing up takes a great deal of your energy and time because it seems central to your very existence.

I also am very normal as a guy. I always was attracted to girls and women. I never felt like a woman but I felt that I had to express a feminine component of my personality.

I am happily married with a son and I must admit as I mentioned in another thread the 2 happiest days of my life aside from being born was marrying my beautiful wife and having our son.

One thing I find about woment that I truly respect and admire is their gift of being able to have a baby. It is the most incredible thing you can ever experience. When i saw my son being born I was just so overwhelmed with emotion and seeing the delivery was such a wonderful gift. When I saw my wife cradleing our son for the first time I was so happy. I had tears of joy. It was such a beautiful moment.

I admire and respect women and am drawn to their beauty and the cross dressing will not make me a woman but allows me to express a feminine side that I think is a good thing. It is a compliment and women should not be offended by it. That is my personal opinion.

Thanks for allowing me to express it.

Emmi

emmicd
07-05-2005, 07:30 PM
I also admire a woman's beauty! When I receive my clothing catalogs I always enjoy looking at the beautiful girls in the Victoria's secret catalog and then I look at what clothes I wish to buy.

I also feel women do a lot of juggling. They are wife's, mother's, caretaker's, working professional's and they are always making sacrifices. Women are very special!

Emmi

ChristineRenee
07-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Well Emmi...like Tristen, I don't feel like I am "imitating" per se when I dress...and I say that knowing full well that I HAVE done some poses in costumed outfits displayed elsewhere on this site. Primarily, however, I am merely externalizing the female inside of me and not trying to imitate the look of GG's. I am me...I am Chrissie. I wear what I think looks good on me and what I think outwardly expresses the female in me.

Love,
Chrissie:)

Sweet Jeanette
07-05-2005, 07:47 PM
I just simply,---Adore women!---I am envious of them!---I should have been born one. ---Alas!----I will live with what and who I am! :(

Stephanie Brooks
07-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Would like all you girl's to comment on why you love imitating women so much!
While a part of me is female, I was raised male. As a crossdresser, I look toward female role models, not for pure imitation, but for guidance as to how to live as a female.

Girls have their mothers to imitate, which they do as children and young adolescents. Boys who are m2f crossdressers aren't allowed to imitate our mothers and sisters. We can't play dressup, play with makeup, play with dolls. We don't have to live with protecting our bodies from the prospect of getting pregnant. On the contrary, our thoughts are on having sex every 5 minutes or so, once we hit puberty. When I started to become aware of the depth of what I am, I looked toward role models for guidance.

Many of you know that my wife Tracy hates Stephanie, her words not mine. Many of you also know that I have a GG buddy whom I call Blade. Blade and I are *strictly* buddies, nothing more. She's completely accepting of Stephanie.

For me, despite problems wrt my marriage, I consider both Tracy and Blade to be my female role models, the two women to whom I look for what it means to be a woman.

Do I imitate one or the other, or both? Imitating both completely would be difficult as they're different. Tracy is more prim and proper, less adventurous while Blade is much more fun loving. Where Tracy barely shows a neckline, Blade doesn't mind something that's a tad more plunging.

On the important things, both honor their relationships and those of others. They both contribute to their families. They're both responsible.

In the end, Stephanie is what I'd have been had I been born female. The values don't change when I'm en femme. I'm neither Tracy nor Blade, but I am influenced by their best.

As Stephanie, I want to be a good woman. To that end, I look to the best women I know.

CharleneCD
07-05-2005, 08:42 PM
I must go with Tristen and Christine, I dont feel that I am imitating women. My feminine traits have been with me me all my life, even if I refused to accept them. Like Stephanie Brooks, I use women as role models to learn to express my feminine side properly.
Its actualy quite funny watching my feminine side grow. Since I repressed her from an early age, She is somewhat like a teenager. Prior to going and having my nails done at the salon for the first time, I was so giddy with excitement I was hopping up and down a bit.

Tiffy
07-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Aside from having more fem emotions than male (yes I cry during movies) the answer for me is easy. Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

April

emmicd
07-06-2005, 06:01 AM
I also adore women and all things feminine!

Emmi

norbie
07-06-2005, 06:15 AM
Just remember Gods last creation was his most beautyfull one - and man was created before to serve and adore her.
Norbie

Lauren_T
07-06-2005, 06:35 AM
Put me down also in the "not imitating" column.
I'm just expressing the real me. (For the first time in my life, I might add!)

I've always appreciated women, I now appreciate the womanly part of myself.

karen marie
07-06-2005, 04:27 PM
i'm certainly not an imitator,
just expressing who i am.i've always had deep respect and admiration
for women.i have always identified and related to girls,that's where
i'm most comfortable.it's the best place to be for me.
hugs,karen.

Wendy me
07-06-2005, 04:37 PM
ok in somany ways ifeel that i should have been a girl... just not omly the dressing but i am so in the wrong boady ....a imitator???? well yes in thats what i do but i do feel that there's a lot more Wendy in here with us than "him".....just renting out the wrong place to live ("his boady")...........

Julie York
07-06-2005, 04:53 PM
I've come to realise just how much of what a woman appears to be is just a veneer. And they must get sick to death of it. Hair this, make-up that, clothes this and that. It's all show. All add-ons. All time consuming. All a paint job on top of who they actually are underneath the 'show' so they conform to what they are expected to be by society if they are truly girly women. If only society would accept them in baggy jogging bottoms and hairy legs.........

Yeehaaa!

I love it when an idea comes together!.

:D :D

JoAnnDallas
07-06-2005, 05:03 PM
In a sense, yes I imitate a women when I dress, but only in that respect. otherwise, dressing is a expression of my inner self. Since I am a genitic XXY, but on the XY of the spectrum, I still have the female component, which is always there and must be expressed. it is what I am, no way to change it, so might as well enjoy it.

emmicd
07-06-2005, 07:07 PM
I used an expression that is popular but the word used seemed to get some unfavorable responses. I did not mean imitation to mean imitating a woman like a female impersonater does.

I too am a cross dresser who deeply admires and respects women and I've been dressing since I was a young boy. So I am not imitating women. I dress like a woman because I'm much happier doing so and because it makes me feel so good. I also am a tg cross dresser.

I feel a connection to women and am also very attracted to them as well.

Emmi

Clare
07-08-2005, 03:37 AM
First thing - i'm not trying to imitate women! I want to do what women do naturally in my own way!

When i was young, i was always part of the girl groups as i felt i belonged with them.

Early in my adult life, i observed girls lifestyles and wondered why i couldn't be a part of it.

Now in my forties, i can empathise with women and the hassles they go through in life to fit into the womanhood mould. However, i have always wanted to be a part of that mould. I just wanted to fit in with the female role in society. Not to imitate women, but to live with them in many ways. More than just dressing, how they interact in society and family, their social lives (which differ vastly from mens), and so it goes on.

I'm talking about the big picture of wanting to be a woman in the world. Not imitation!

Christine