PDA

View Full Version : It's just not funny to me.......

5150 Girl
05-24-2009, 10:09 PM
I just don't find it funny when "straight guys" say "I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body"
I just wanna slap then and tell them that they have no idea how painful (emotionalay speaking) it is to be a lesbian traped in a man's body for real!
However, I have said to a few who have an idea about me, "You have no idea what that really means a-hole"

Am I ranting?

celtic.blue.eyes
05-24-2009, 10:29 PM
I can empathize with you 500%; you are absolutely right! And yes, you are ranting. Sometimes you have to lighten up and just let idiots be just what they are.

JackieInPA
05-24-2009, 10:37 PM
I had a friend tell me that once who had no idea that i was a CD. Personally I like being referred to that way it means they are acknowledging i am a woman inside!!

Lorileah
05-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Sorry but since you don't have the parts you don't know what it's like either. You are a man who identifies as a transgender who prefers women. You are not a lesbian. You don't know what lesbians have to go through in life.

Yes it is a rant.

Chiana
05-24-2009, 10:57 PM
Am I ranting?

I would say that you are ranting. My first thought is that maybe these "straight" guys could be TS's, TG's or CD's. You might shut them up by asking them if that is the reason they claim to be lesbians.

MissConstrued
05-25-2009, 02:22 AM
I just don't find it funny when "straight guys" say "I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body"

Life must be pretty smooth sailing for you if that's all it takes to push your buttons.

Why do you care, anyway? You are no more a lesbian than any other man. Lighten up.

Anna the Dub
05-25-2009, 02:29 AM
First time I heard that said (some years ago) I laughed out loud.

Bobbi Em
05-25-2009, 04:19 AM
I've heard this often enough to have developed a standard response of:

"For which all the Lesbians are grateful"...

But that's jes' me:-)

Bobbi

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-25-2009, 05:36 AM
I'm sorry you get that and it bothers you, 5150 Girl.

To be honest, if anyone said that to me, I'd probably just laugh. Regardless of whether it was said as a put-down or in jest, I'm pretty sure it would crack me up. I've got a pretty good sense of humor about myself though.

I take offense at plenty of negative things people say about us and to us, but it doesn't all bother me. If it did, I'd probably get really depressed.

Dana Lane
05-25-2009, 05:43 AM
I have said this myself numerous times. I personally don't see a problem with it. Humor is humor. I don't think the term is meant to hurt anyone's feelings and it is actually less hurtful than a lot of comments out there about genger.

I vote for 'lighten up' and take it for what it is. Light humor.

Lisa Golightly
05-25-2009, 06:32 AM
I kind of know where you're going... When I slept with girls I was never really a boy as such... I loved being with them but the whole 'doing the boy' thing really didn't light my fire so my attraction was not strictly boy/girl... More girl/girl plus unwanted genitalia which should be avoided at all costs...

Bizarrely now my chemistry has been altered and my chemical instincts have wandered toward where my head was in every aspect of life bar sexual partner I now find myself labelled by many as 'gay'... lol... Female brain... into straight sex with boys labelled as gay...

Hmmmmm... Sure is a funny old life. Even with the right 'bits' there'll still be plenty who'll identify me as 'gay'. :doh:

Nicki B
05-25-2009, 06:43 AM
Ask yourself who has the problem.... :sad:

TSchapes
05-25-2009, 07:47 AM
that was one of Eddie Izzard's lines, that along with "I'm a male Tom-boy". Which to me is funny, but gets the point across. I suppose you could say I'm a Tomasina-Girl, but I think people would just say, huh?

But we are not Lesbians, and there are plenty worse things to call me, like "Freak" and "Pervert". Those are the words that get me going...:Angry3:

-Tracy

linnea
05-25-2009, 09:02 AM
I think that you ought to laugh that one off. The guys who say it have no real idea of what it means (I don't really either--it seems to me to be one of those cliched comments that people make when the don't understand something).
It may relieve your anxiety and frustration to rant, so fine rant. But in the final analysis, I would say, laugh it off. And recognize it for what it probably is, an expression of ignorance.

5150 Girl
05-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Hey, don't miss understand... It's not the end of the world to me or anything,,, just kind of a pet peeve.

Deborah Jane
05-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Hmmmm...Let me get this right!!

To be a lesbian you need to be female!!

To be a woman trapped in a mans body you are a Transexual

So the way i see it.....You are a Transexual male who prefers women, not a lesbian!!

cindym5_04
05-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Maybe it's something that is just said as a joke!!

Howabout if you hear someone say it, either a) don't pay attention to it or b) try not taking it seriously. I mean, really, there are a lot more things to actually get upset about.

Angie Sweet
05-27-2009, 10:51 AM
I am sensing there is some confusion about whether this is an Andy Rooney "You know what really bothers me" type of pet peeve, or a "This really yanks my chain" kind of upset that warrants a rant. Having both terms in the posts kind of muddies up the waters. Just my :2c: