PDA

View Full Version : New To It

freddy
05-26-2009, 12:28 AM
I have enjoyed it for awhile but have really only started to think about it, I have always known that I like to wear womens underwear, but have only just recently found out that it goes a little further than that.
I tend to be a little homophobic, but this is largely due to past experiences, i do my best to stop this from coloring my vision of new people as I know that no two people are the same, i've had homosexual experiences, and found them arousing, but turned away from it.
It concerns me that I question my sexuality, it concerns me that I don't know what I am, it concerns me that I like to wear womens clothes, and that I feel better in them than when dressed in my normal clothes.
I want to know does anybody have similar issues to me or did anyone have similar issues and how did it turn out? what did you do?

Super Amanda
05-26-2009, 12:57 AM
It sounds like you have a bit of self exploration ahead of you. When I was 22 I was highly closeted and had no clue why I did it and had lots of shame and guilt.

I wish I had this site when I was 22, just 7 short years ago. After comparing my history with others, and finding similar people, many already transitioning, over time,I was able to stop my own denial and come to grips with the fact that I need to be a woman, no other way around it. So I'm doing everything I can do now to make that happen.

Now thanks to this and many other resources from the Internet, I've came to terms with myself, came out to everyone I know and am finally starting to enjoy life for the first time ever.

I hope you gain as much as I have, and your age is on your side for sure. No offense to any other person before me, but one of my personal revelations was that I could not see myself trying to come out at 50 years old. There are many heart wrenching stories from our older sisters here, and their pain and struggles have paved the way for us younger girls to have a much better shot a happiness then they had.

Don't let life pass you by!!! Best wishes!! :)

Intertwined
05-26-2009, 01:53 AM
it concerns me that I like to wear womens clothes, and that I feel better in them than when dressed in my normal clothes.

:Angry3: there is that word again "NORMAL" ....sigh.... what is normal? here is one deffinition "conforming to the standard or the common type" I am NO Conformist, and IF i didn't crossdress, I am sure I would find some otherway to stand out in a crowd.

Its only not NORMAL because everyone is not doing it, are you a leader or a follower?

What I am trying to say is, Don't worry about NORMAL, what is normal or not normal one day, changes the next day.

Celeste
05-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Just remember,your you, and you don't have to question what you've been born with only embrace it.You don't have to satisfy anyone or fit into any category.If someones missed the opportunity to know you because they're archaic with their ideas about sexuality,well its their loss,not yours.

Try not to put all that pressure on yourself,start anew and create your own sense of being.

TGMarla
05-26-2009, 10:11 AM
Freddy, I've never had a homosexual experience, save one time while travelling on a bus through Cleveland, I awoke to find the man next to me attempting to fondle me. I was only 15 years old at the time. I told the bus driver, and as a result, I never saw the pervert again. I have never been attracted to males sexually, and I seriously doubt that that will ever change.

I do, however, feel great when I'm wearing women's clothing. So that I can empathize with. I suspect that you are young, so the questions you have concerning your sexuality and your preference for women's attire is quite natural. It's not something that you should allow to screw you up in the head all that much, though. It took me years to realize that my affinity for wearing skirts and dresses, pantyhose and high heels, etc., was not some sort of wierd perversion. I simply like wearing all that stuff. Women (sometimes) enjoy it, why not guys? I've met women who enjoy going to a ball game, or going golfing. No one accuses them of being lesser women just because they tend to enjoy some things that men like doing. It's only natural that a certain percentage of the male population would enjoy some of the same things that women commonly enjoy.

So don't sweat it too much. You're normal. We all are.....well....mostly! :D

Louistoalana
05-26-2009, 10:48 AM
I have enjoyed it for awhile but have really only started to think about it, I have always known that I like to wear womens underwear, but have only just recently found out that it goes a little further than that.
I tend to be a little homophobic, but this is largely due to past experiences, i do my best to stop this from coloring my vision of new people as I know that no two people are the same, i've had homosexual experiences, and found them arousing, but turned away from it.
It concerns me that I question my sexuality, it concerns me that I don't know what I am, it concerns me that I like to wear womens clothes, and that I feel better in them than when dressed in my normal clothes.
I want to know does anybody have similar issues to me or did anyone have similar issues and how did it turn out? what did you do?

Well I've had something similar towards attitudes to women, I used to be quite misogynistic when in fact I'm a girl myself (well on the inside). I too feel better when I'm dressed in girl clothes

Karren H
05-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Well welcome to the forum!! Every since I was young I had this nagging question... "I must be gay if I love to dress like a girl"... But I was never attracted to guys and had tons of girlfriends.. I love women!! so finally I resolved the internal conflict and just accepted that this is the way I am and there nothing wrong with it.. And after that crossdressing became fun!! No tormentation at all!! Been doing it for 5 decades and know I can stop even if I wanted to...

Intertwined
05-26-2009, 09:35 PM
:lol: Think you ment " Can't stop even if I wanted to...

Wow Karren, same here, but it was not a "nagging question" as much as it was a fear, I don't like men in that way, never did as a boy, to the point that I didn't even like being around other boys. I wanted to be one of the girls, to gossip, share feelings. To this day, my number 1 unfulfilled fantacy, a slumber party, to be just one of the girls for a night.

Christina Horton
05-26-2009, 09:56 PM
welcome Hun. I have never wanted to be with a man so does that make me normal? No there is no such thing as normal. If there were we all would be Crossdressers EH!!!!!! Either that or we'd all be muppets. I would be miss piggy only cuz were both plus size and we love to were nice clothes. :heehee: I found myself with the help of the lovley ladys here. You can to just be honest with them and they will hold your hand through the good , bad and the poor makeup job. Just stick to it and you'll love the adventure ahead. Have fun. Huggs.:hugs:

Miranda09
05-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Listen to everyone freddy. They know what they're talking about. :)

Karren H
05-26-2009, 10:05 PM
:lol: Think you ment " Can't stop even if I wanted to...

Wow Karren, same here, but it was not a "nagging question" as much as it was a fear, I don't like men in that way, never did as a boy, to the point that I didn't even like being around other boys. I wanted to be one of the girls, to gossip, share feelings. To this day, my number 1 unfulfilled fantacy, a slumber party, to be just one of the girls for a night.

Hey... I'm an engineer... give me a break... or brake??? Braque? :D

Dana Lane
05-27-2009, 04:29 AM
It is possible you are a straight woman. :)

Georgia Rose
05-27-2009, 05:04 AM
Never had a homosexual affair although a few tried to pick me up when I was a lot younger. Couldn't bear the thought of it. When you are young I think we tend to question everything that happens to us. I think later on you become more accepting or just decide it is not worth sweating all this stuff and just get on with your life.

I certainly feel better dressed as a woman but like a lot of others in this forum also are happy with my male self. It takes time but we all probably find a happy medium that gets us through life.

Shari
05-27-2009, 05:10 AM
The only thing I would tell you is don't over analyze your sexuality.
You are what you are.
Just enjoy the ride.

Ralph
05-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Heya Freddie, hopefully you have seen enough answers by now to know that your clothing preferences and your sexual identity are two separate issues. One does not at all lead to or imply the other.

I have had enough opportunities for a homosexual encounter that I know for sure that it's not my cup of nylons. But before my first sexual experience with a girlfriend, I was mighty confused indeed. All it took was that first time and my hormones said "Yes! This is what we want! Give us more!"

You didn't say your age but I can also tell you that up through about age 30 all it took was a strong wind to get me aroused... that's just a normal part of your body wanting to be ready and willing to go forth and multiply at a moment's notice. So if you find yourself with an erection at disturbing and inappropriate times, don't think it means that you're secretly turned on by those circumstances; it just means that the plumbing is functional.

Anyway, welcome to the club.

ralph

LeotardMan
05-27-2009, 02:43 PM
I can relate with what your going thru. I started CD when I was about 11 or so and would exercise with my mum and would always look at the women on the exercise tapes never ever being one bit attracted to men. About 10 years ago I was going to a CD /TG Club that had wrestling and I participated in it. Anyway, I’m standing on the mat ready to fight and I look across the mat at my opponent and for the first time I was attracted to a man.

For years, I wrestled with this wondering if I was gay or what. I’ve been in a relationship with women and men over the years and have come to the realization that I’m about 85% attracted to women and 15% attracted to men.

You have to fallow your heart and what feels right! Your among friends hear!!

Geoff

DianneRoberts
05-27-2009, 03:09 PM
"NORMAL" is only a setting on the washing machine .

:hugs:
Dianne

Carly D.
05-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the life as a cross dresser where guilt will reign supreme between the really good feeling and the down trodden times.. which is which.. why did I buy that pair of pantyhose?? I wanted to eat tonight and now I'll have to scrounge a snack at best... but welcome to the insanity that is this life style.. it is good.. bad... and just... alright..

Intertwined
05-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Hey... I'm an engineer... give me a break... or brake??? Braque? :D

Braque? i gotta look that one up... AND I did not know you drove a train..! :lol:

It is possible you are a straight woman. :)

I have had a similar phrase for myself for years, " male lesbian "

Maxi
05-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Society has many hang ups. On this forum you will find more open minded people. I agree with you about the soft silky fell of women's clothing. That's why I like to wear them. I may be a rough tough guy by day, but I like the softer side at night.
Your sexual feeling, are normal, and just because you like women's clothing, does not make you gay. You sound more like a bisexual male. Nothing wrong with that.
The more you experience and accomplish in life, the more confident you become. Be comfortable with who you are. And welcome to the forum.