PDA

View Full Version : Tormented in School

LeotardMan
05-26-2009, 02:17 PM
I was just wondering since a lot of us started young if you were ever tormented a lot in school for being different? Like I said before when I was about 13 or so I was taking Karate and got caught with a leotard under my outfit so that led to a lot of teasing. But when I was about 15 I started wearing panties and I wore them one day to gym class and when I was changing someone noticed I had panties on, and that was the end of it for the next year or so it was difficult.

Geoff

Teri Jean
05-26-2009, 02:34 PM
I was picked out for being different but not for the clothing I wore but for being more feminine than the other boys. I learned that to survive I needed to be more boyish and thus drove my feminine side deep into the closet.

Keli

Karren H
05-26-2009, 02:42 PM
So who said I was different?? I was neither a tormentee or a tormentor.. I got along with anyone and everyone... the jocks, the geeks.. The cheerleaders.. The shy girls.. The gay guys.. I was active in every sport offered... I participaed in school activities.. Outgoing almost to a fault!!

The only thing different was my love of feminine clothing.. And I wasn't alone since one of my old GF's brothers got caught wearing nylons in the locker room.. And a guy from the neighboring town got caught enfemme sneaking into the girls pool change room.. Lol. I just never got caught!!

So I have fond memories of my school days..

gretchenD
05-26-2009, 03:18 PM
I was tormented and picked on a lot when I was 14.Luckily the principal took this very seriously and the boys whom did this to were punished without just a slap on the wrist.Most of my female friends saw it happen and knew I did not serve it at all

Anna the Dub
05-26-2009, 03:43 PM
I was so terrified of anyone finding out my big dark secret, that I became very macho in speech and mannerisms in my early teens. But, of course, it was all an act, and some people could easily see through it (especially girls of my own age, who always looked upon me as a kind of honorary girlfriend but never a boyfriend). As I got a little bit older, around 16 or so, I changed quite a lot in that I started to become very withdrawn and very quiet (and really quite depressed). Some people thought that I was a powderkeg waiting to explode. My school teachers got the idea into their heads that I was potentially vulnerable and eased off on the criticisms. I started to self harm a bit with razors and someone in their wisdom told the Headbrother who began to watch me with some concern. So I should say really that the only tormenting I got at school was all of my own making and in my own head. Very real nonetheless. Ah, memories.

StevieTV
05-26-2009, 03:45 PM
I was teased about wearing nail polish to school. Grade 6 was a rough year.

linnea
05-26-2009, 05:59 PM
I had no problems in school--elementary, junior high, high school, college, graduate school--because I stayed in the closet and didn't even underdress until after I was out of all schools. I often wondered what things would be like if I had been caught, but lucky for me, I never was though I dressed at home quite often.

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-26-2009, 06:18 PM
I got picked on, pushed around, made fun of, beat up, was the butt of many jokes, and often treated like the plague. No one knew I was a crossdresser back then, but I sure as hell didn't fit in. In many regards, it was because I've always been forced to be some guy that I never felt like and I was terribly socially retarded (either because of it, or just in addition to).

I've never gone to a class reunion... what a surprise.

As much as I hated my school years and how poorly I was often treated, it gives me strength now. I didn't know how to handle myself back then. That is most certainly not the case today.

I can't say I'm happy about how I was treated back then, but I am happy with how I turned out. :) Whatever don't kill ya, makes ya more strong! (attempting to quote the old phrase and a verse in a Metallica song that I listen to frequently).

Alice Torn
05-26-2009, 07:52 PM
I wet the bed, until 21. Was picked on from 1st grade, through 10th, then picked on, on two jobs. 55 years of ridicule by my older twin brothers, and my dad, have made my life an emotional living hell!! None of it was because of cding. It is just because I exist, and still going on.

trannie T
05-26-2009, 08:57 PM
I was bullied enough in school without having any gender issues. Junior high was a special time, it was an era when bullying was tolerated and discipline for students consisted of corporal punishment. I was fortunate to survive with no major trama. I can empasize with those who went through those years while having serious gender identy issues, it must have been a horrible time.

shirley1
05-26-2009, 09:13 PM
I do remember when I was about 15 some girls did try teasing me, and the one said to me the one day 'you should be a girl' and 'you should be wearing a skirt' I remember thinking at the time how the hell do you know !

I have seen the same girl a few times since then but not recently I'd love to bump into her now and remind her of what she said to me all those years ago and then say 'you were right look at me now happy now !'

deja true
05-26-2009, 09:16 PM
There was no bullying in my school! It was so long ago that bullying hadn't even been invented, yet.

There were cliques, but I didn't fit into any of them. Never got chosen for sides in games, but never got harassed either. Just sorta ignored. I got a letter for my jacket, though, but it was in glee club...LOL!

But even as the skinny, short kid, if somebody did hassle me for anyting I usually stood my ground and stayed right in their face until they backed down. Never did get into a fight that broke or bloodied anything. That told me that bullies and smart asses were nothin' but hot air and nothing to worry about.

My high school was demolished two years after i graduated to make a parking lot. Nothing pleased me more!

:D

AmandaM
05-26-2009, 09:17 PM
I didn't fit in after Jr. High. I guess I became more and more "different". More of a loner. Just didn't feel connected to the guys.

Cristi
05-26-2009, 09:50 PM
High school was hell. Or at least as close to hell as you can get here on earth. It had nothing to do with CDing (though I was enjoying it by then). Mostly it was because I was smaller than average and socially awkward in a school filled with farmboys and bullys. I think I was beat up or tormented every single day of those 4 years. :(
It didn't help that I had some feminine aspects, like the way I carried my books or crossed my legs.
I think it took me 10-15 years just for the memories to fade enough so they didn't bother me every day.

DaphneGrey
05-26-2009, 11:36 PM
I was bullied in school and at home at school for being fat... They didn't know about the crossdressing.

At home I was bullied by my older brother as my mother watched. They knew about my gender issues well my siblings did any way.. My parents were pretty much oblivious to just about everything..

Not to be all woe is me, a lot of people are bullied for a lot of different reasons.. My life didn't start until I was out of school and out of the house.. I don't often think about my childhood.

But this thread has me thinking, I am not sure if it is related but when I was being bullied and things were terrible I would sneak into the attic and play dress up in my sisters dance costumes for hours and hours. I wonder which came first the bullying or the dressing? don't really know.

Carole Cross
05-26-2009, 11:43 PM
I was picked on at school for being very shy and quiet. Also there were times when I was teased for acting a bit girly. The worst time for bullying was between the ages of 11 thru 16, where I was at an all boys school. I did underdress sometimes but luckily I was not caught.

gender_blender
05-27-2009, 04:27 AM
I was outed in high school from students circulating pictures, but since that time, I haven't denied the fact. No one teased me too badly other than prank phone calls because I had my black belt by that time.

CharlotteW
05-27-2009, 05:18 AM
I took some flack at school but I was also a boxer, and a decent one at that. I was beckoned in to the sports hall one day for an inpromptu boxing match with a bigger and more muscular boxer who went to a different club, however I had been a boxer for 3 years and he only 6 months. The match only lasted about 5 seconds, one snappy left jab and it was all over. That was the end of the flack:)

erickka
05-27-2009, 06:28 AM
:iagree:
There was no bullying in my school! It was so long ago that bullying hadn't even been invented, yet.

There were cliques, but I didn't fit into any of them. Never got chosen for sides in games, but never got harassed either. Just sorta ignored. I got a letter for my jacket, though, but it was in glee club...LOL!

But even as the skinny, short kid, if somebody did hassle me for anyting I usually stood my ground and stayed right in their face until they backed down. Never did get into a fight that broke or bloodied anything. That told me that bullies and smart asses were nothin' but hot air and nothing to worry about.

My high school was demolished two years after i graduated to make a parking lot. Nothing pleased me more!

:iagree: This was me too! (except the old school is still there!)

karynspanties
05-27-2009, 08:30 AM
I was picked on by the neighborhood kids. My mom said something to one of the neighbors about me getting into her underwear and slips, then that woman told her kids......that was it. For years I had to hear about it. Kids always grabbing ahold of my pants and looking to see if I had on panties. Then when it finally died down, someone in high school told the biggest guy there that I wore womens clothes. He was huge. A foot taller than me with arms the size of my thighs. Huge. He started some crap, I told him what he could do with himself. We ended up off school grounds a few days later. I was forced into a fist fight. I figured atleast I would go down trying. He came at me and went to shove me, I kind of stepped to the side just before he connected and tripped him. He went down and I proceeded to pound the crap out of him. I broke two fingers on my right hand from pounding his skull. Broke his nose. He started crying and telling poeple to get me off of him. The rest of junior year was good for me.....bad for him. He did not bully anyone else after that. I should google his name to find out what ever happened to him.....

Charlena
05-27-2009, 08:45 AM
As a junior the high school basketball star always bullied me because i was quiet and shy and wore hand me downs. One day I had enough and said lets go outside he proceeded to break his hand on my face. Listening to the sectional game on the radio a couple days later I remember smiling when the announcer Said (insert school name) 's star player is on the bench with his hand in a cast we dont know the story behind that.
Funny that the harassment level dropped to almost zero after that.

Angie G
05-27-2009, 08:48 AM
I naver let it be known to anyone until I told my wife 3 years ago. Save a load of insensitive BS over the years. Thank God my wife has Accepted it. I do like to do things the easy way.:hugs:
Angie

Marshchild
05-27-2009, 09:57 AM
So who said I was different?? I was neither a tormentee or a tormentor.. I got along with anyone and everyone... the jocks, the geeks.. The cheerleaders.. The shy girls.. The gay guys..

Ah, but what about the sportos, motorheads, ****s, bloods, waistoids, dweebies and dickheads - did they all think you were a righteous dude as well? :heehee:

As for me, despite being fairly small, skinny, unathletic, and more than a little STRANGE as a child, I didn't seem to get picked on too much growing up. Sure, I went through a bit of crap every now and again, but nothing horrible that went on for years and years, as unfortunately seems to have been the case with some of the people who've already commented. I don't know if I was considered terribly feminine as a child, although there were things about me that may've led people to think that. For example, I cried a little too easily; apparently had very expressive body language; and once volunteered without hesitation to play the only female part in a play I'd written for me and all the boys in my class to perform in. I also remember seeing video footage of myself at a school sports day jumping up and down with excitement during an event, which in retrospect seems a rather girly way to have behaved. Funnily enough, another boy once grabbed me around the waist in the schoolyard and said, "I love you! I want to root you!" (Aussie slang for "f**k you"), which seems to suggest that others may have perceived there to have been something feminine about me. (At the time, what he did terrified me, because AIDS was just starting to make the headlines, and in my childish ignorance, I thought it was something that any kind of male-on-male intimacy would give you.)

Interestingly, I enjoyed at least a couple of periods of popularity during my school years. At one time during primary school, for example, my classmates thought I was so cool they'd actually pick me up and carry me around like I was some kind of god in human form or something (no, seriously) - I wish I could remember what I'd done to earn that kind of treatment! - while during my final years, I became so unabashedly eccentric that people either admired me for my ballsiness or simply left me alone. It was probably for that reason that I was able to wear pink satin pyjamas on my final school camp, and live to tell the tale!

Deborah Jane
05-27-2009, 10:39 AM
I was so deep in the closet when i was at school no one even suspected me of being anything other than one of the lads.

My school life was pretty average really, i had a crowd of friends i hung out with and was just another boy as far as most people were concerned!

battybattybats
05-27-2009, 11:29 AM
I got a lot of bullying.

For heaps of things.

For being asian (i wasn't but that didn't stop them thinking I was), for being intelligent, for being academic, for being effeminate, for having a different accent or pronouncing words differently, for having a brother with darker skin (we used to look almost like twins but he got the tanning gene and I didn't), for having divorced parents... I could go on for ages.

I got verbal harassment, often daily, physical attacks, theft of and destruction of property (including from our shed when they learned where I lived at one point).

The physical attacks included being spat on, being ambushed (so much so I developed randomised ways to walk to and from school and to and from each class), I was attacked with: acid, a bunson burner, a firework, a chisel, a broom, a soldering iron, a knife and a four-wheeled drive utility.

Yes they tried to run me over as I rode home from school!

One punch in late primary school left me with a weak blood vessel in my nose which resulted for years in unpredictable nosebleeds, many quite severe (when you bleed so much your funeral director/paramedic friend is astonished your still alive it's impressive :) ). The boy was awarded a sportsmanship trophy that year by the way.

I had a few friends at each school I went to, but was so different that at each I was severely bullied (3 different highschools in three different towns, even more primary schools).

The schools encouraged conformity to avoid bullying.. or rather they used bullying as a way to ensure conformity. Teachers were sometimes complicit in some of the lower level harassment (or outright guilty of it themselves) and complaints led to me and not that assaulter being sent to a school counseler who proposed? Conformity! So I made a habit of defying them as overtly as I could and very covertly too.

After studying martial arts I became a pacifist, the last person that attacked me who was the terror of the bus stop for many kids I finally got annoyed with (after rolling with 16 punches to the left cheekbone, the martial arts was handy for avoiding damage) and forced the school to finally act by threatening to call the police and have him charged on school grounds when parents were arriving to pick up their kids. They expelled him. He then went to jail some years later for assaulting someone else. I since heard from the mother of someone who knew him that his father beat up him, his borthers and his mother on a regular basis... which is often how these things work.

The physical stress of constant attacks though made my pre-existing mild chronic fatigue syndrome severe (though it took 5 years to diagnose it) resulting in 16 years of disability and counting, it will likely be life-long. But at least it's been years since a cup's worth or more sized nosebleed!

Interestingly, I enjoyed at least a couple of periods of popularity during my school years. At one time during primary school, for example, my classmates thought I was so cool they'd actually pick me up and carry me around like I was some kind of god in human form or something (no, seriously) - I wish I could remember what I'd done to earn that kind of treatment! - while during my final years, I became so unabashedly eccentric that people either admired me for my ballsiness or simply left me alone. It was probably for that reason that I was able to wear pink satin pyjamas on my final school camp, and live to tell the tale!

Amusingly when i was trying to repeat year 11 after having lost too many days the previous year from 'a mystery viral infection', later diagnosed CFS) and over a year since getting the other kid expelled, after a spectacular nosebleed leaving a trail of blood from one end of the school literally to the other as i travelled to the infirmary with cupped hands overflowing with blood a delegation of classmates came to visit me to se that I was ok.

I did make some friends. Though by that time i was suspicious of betrayel (i'd had plenty of that before) and fairly closed off. And on this day one kid who was in my maths class said:

"God made (Batty) sick because he didn't want the competition!"

I may have lost track of him years ago but that humerous line sustained me for years of suffering as i was putting myself back together, unlocking all the walls I built up to protect myself and coping with the worsening disability.

One sentance was more powerful than a hundred punches.

Lorileah
05-27-2009, 12:03 PM
I feel pretty lucky now. I skated through school getting high enough marks to fit in the "smart" kids clique but not good enough to get into the jocks and slu...uh I mean popular girls clique. I wanted a cheerleader back then but don't remember why. I was teased about being more of a sissy and the girls I knew treated me like a girlfriend when they wanted to complain about their boyfriends (and I always thought I wouldn't treat you that way). But all in all it was a very good year

Charleen
05-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I got picked on. By some. I was fat, unathletic, feminine in a lot of ways and didn't fit in with the masses. I was friends with the other odd balls. I hid my cross dressing so no one knew about that thankfully. Back then, I had no clue about why I had to dress up in my Mom's clothes. All I knew was that at that time (early 60's) it wasn't "right" I was a guy after all. At least that thing I had said so even though I felt I shouldn't have it, so for years I tried to be the guy. Growing a beard, it was the 60's after all, trying to do what I and society considered manly things but to no avail. Still hung out with my fellow weirdos and enjoyed their company.
If I knew then what I know now? Who knows. I can't have regrets and play the "what if" game.
All in all, being the strange one hasn't been too bad. I've enjoyed my 58 years.

sami1952
05-27-2009, 05:21 PM
i used to get pick on mostly because during recess we used to play baseball and i was always on the girls team.hee-hee, we used to beat the boys all the time.

Carly D.
05-27-2009, 05:47 PM
I was picked on mostly because my dad was a teacher and later on became the principal of the grade school when I was in third grade or so.. was picked on more because of that although I did side with the girls on a few issues.. such as Christmas presents, the boys being greedy wanted to get something from everybody and I sided with the girls wanting to just do a name drawing, and there were six and six in the class so I often sided with the girls.. they just were more mature and smarter than most of the boys were.. they didn't know I wore pantyhose or stockings every now and then.. very rarely back in the years between first grade and junior high.. and then.. well you know.. puberty...

Nicole Erin
05-27-2009, 06:03 PM
It is probably quite common for a lot of people to catch hell from someone during school years. I would imagine 2 out of 3 people in general would say they hated school or got picked on a lot, at least at some point.

I don't think too may people have particularly fond memories of school, especially junior high.

For me, 7th, 8th 10th were my worst years.
Rest of the time, I don't think I caught much more hell than anyone else.

You know, one of the biggest fears or phobias is social situations. I wonder why.

BillieJoe
05-27-2009, 11:07 PM
As a kid in grade school I always tried to be as much of a boy as I could possibly be. Good at sports and rough and tumble because thats what I thought everyone expected of me. My real desires were to cross over the line and be with the girls as a girl. I had to fight that desire in very strong ways. We had a boy in our class that did exactly that. He was with the girls doing girly things more than he was with the boys. He wasn't treated very well by the rest of the school.
The major thing that I had problems with was that I had a very feminine looking face. Many people commented on it; especially grown-ups. If I wore a hat you would swear I looked like a girl. Very embarrassing when you're trying to convince everyone otherwise.
If I could go back I would be myself and take my lumps. Isn't hindsight wonderful?

The Gas Man Cometh
05-29-2009, 05:37 AM
One sentance was more powerful than a hundred punches.

That just took my breath away. Utterly beautiful.

Dressing Jill
05-29-2009, 07:26 AM
I was 5'2" when i was a senior. I grow 6" after high school started working out and got pretty big.

I got picked on because I was small. I did kick some butt in high school. I was a wrestler and could put you on the ground and pin you and than hit you as hard as my little arms could. LOL..... Never hurt no one. They were amazed as to how fast I was.

5150 Girl
05-29-2009, 10:42 PM
I admit, I was a target for bullys. But my feminine nature didn't have much to do with it really. I was smart enough to keep it under cover.
I got picked on simpliy because I just didn't fir with any crowd.

jessiejess112
05-30-2009, 03:43 AM
I was always viewed as someone different, someone that was easy to be picked on: somehow other guys knew this even though I always tried to act really tough.
High school was really tough for me, but I survived it, and I think it actually prepared me to survive in the real world. In business or in every day transactions, now I can tell when people are trying to take advantage of me and I immediatly put a stop to it. Results and the right attitude is the only thing that is important in my business, and the bullys can't get you if you already know their ways.

sometimes_miss
05-30-2009, 03:52 AM
I had an ugly birthmark that most kids felt was absolutely disgusting; I grew up with having my peers dare each other to touch me, like I was a leper or something. A few times, they would push a girl into me and press her against me, and she would run away crying and screaming like I was a monster or something, going to the girls room to wash any part of herself that touched me. Tormented? Yes, I guess you could say that. Hence, I had no friends growing up. This went on to some degree all the way through high school.

kynw08
05-30-2009, 08:40 AM
I was always physically abused up until my 5th grade year. I knocked a kid with 25#'s and two years on m flat on his ass and walked away like nothing had happened. Something apparently clicked in the minds of my tormentors, cause I never had another one touch me again. Now they kept up the mental aspect, but the physical stopped then and there.