PDA

View Full Version : going to be Maid of Honor

crossdrezzer1
05-27-2009, 04:23 AM
My sister asked me and I said yes,,she wants me in a tux because she doesnt know I dress,,today we are going to a friends shop to get her a reception dress and the shop owner has bags of dresses that didnt sell--prom and wedding--she told me she wants to donate them and I told my wife and she wants them for drama club and halloween donations,,so gonna get alot of dresses,,,trust me before anything leaves I will have pawed thru them,,, throwing the sister a batcherlette party,,alot of girls,,I have bought so much for this party,,its fun gwtting alot of pink things out in the shop and telling people why,,the themes I wanted to do--make up -- never happened,,just alot of games and a stripper,, will fill you all in when the party happens and going dress shopping with her and her friend today,,,hope we get to play games.... LOL

Karren H
05-27-2009, 05:45 AM
Be a great time to come out enfemme during the party you throw.... Say that you had to do it because it was a girls only party and you didn't feel right coming as a guy!!! :)

Miranda09
05-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Sounds like it's going to be a fun time. Be sure to take some pics. We all want to see! :)

TGMarla
05-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Temptation! Thy name is Pink Frilly Maid-of-Honor Dress! Can't blame you for getting a flutter over this situation. Proceed carefully, have a great time, and perhaps when all is said and done, you can leave the tux for some poor unfortunate guy who doesn't have a pretty dress to wear! :D

MJ
05-27-2009, 08:28 AM
now is the perfect time to come out . and the perfect time to wear a dress not a tux eww. you will regret it if you don't tell.

Christina Horton
05-27-2009, 09:45 AM
The title of your story is missleading hun. I was prepaided to hear that you ARE going dressed. What you need to do now is tell her so you can go as a maid of honor. Don't spring it on her at the party tell her right now , not layer. You sis will understand. Keep us updated.

JulieC
05-27-2009, 12:46 PM
Now isn't the perfect time to come out. This is the bride's day, not the brother's day. A bride (usually) gets just one shot at this. It should be all about her.

That includes parties, showers, shopping, etc. The workup to a wedding is a long one, and very bride centric. To introduce your sister to your crossdressing self I feel would be selfish. You can always come out to her later. Now is not the time. It might be torture playing with all the dresses and being involved on the woman's side of the wedding, but endure it. This is her time. Not yours.

Alana65
05-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Be a great time to come out enfemme during the party you throw.... Say that you had to do it because it was a girls only party and you didn't feel right coming as a guy!!! :)

:iagree: with Karren.......it's a perfect time to come out. ;)

tricia_uktv
05-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Hmm, I'm in two minds. But its the party and not her day so I would go with Karren. You need to be very brave though hon

Ralph
05-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Now isn't the perfect time to come out. This is the bride's day, not the brother's day. A bride (usually) gets just one shot at this. It should be all about her.
I vowed to myself that I would never write a post that was empty other than "I agree", but I have to jump on this one - Julie is TOTALLY right here. Hell, I wouldn't advise going dressed even if you were out, unless literally every person there already knew and it was commonplace to them (in which case showing up in a tux would cause more of a stir!)

Even coming out at the party beforehand detracts from the bride-to-be when the attention should be on her (Sorry Karren... I usually agree with you, doll, but not this time. Please let me keep all my teeth!)

On the other hand, I'd give my right boob to see the look on her face after it's all over and you're cleaning up - you turn to her and say "I can't believe that guy gave us all these prom dresses. I told my friends about it on the crossdressers forum and they were all so jealous!"

ralph

"Mary"
05-27-2009, 04:24 PM
The down side would be distracting folks attention from the bride, so just fantasize.

Samantha43
05-27-2009, 09:31 PM
The down side would be distracting folks attention from the bride, so just fantasize.

I agree.

PretzelGirl
05-28-2009, 10:27 PM
I side with the few. The golden rule of weddings and all that leads up to it is that you never upstage the bride!

Have a wonderful time. Make sure she is enjoying it more.

Sarasometimes
05-29-2009, 07:56 AM

That includes parties, showers, shopping, etc. The workup to a wedding is a long one, and very bride centric. To introduce your sister to your crossdressing self I feel would be selfish. You can always come out to her later. Now is not the time. It might be torture playing with all the dresses and being involved on the woman's side of the wedding, but endure it. This is her time. Not yours.

I wholly heartedly agree! This is your sister's wedding first and foremost. Yes in our fantasy, you could tell her and she will embrace it and say "Hey how about you do it dressed and let everyone in mine and my fiance's family know you dress! An added plus to that is that I will not have to worry about what I look like since few will notice I am even there".
Please stay in the place you have been with her until after this. I feel strongly that she will resent you if you upstage her with any coming out manuever. Enjoy being amongst the girls. If they try to femme you up, go with it but if they don't be fine with that as well.
Please remember, you are not the bride but an attendent, there to support and assist her on her most wonderful day!!! Sorry for killing your high!

deja true
05-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Time to start tallying the votes...and I'm with the majority. Sorry!

It is supposed to be all about the bride. But, ya know what? I'm still thinkin' you might be able to come out to her if she's not a real bridezilla and being totally self-absorbed. By telling her about yourself ( in a quiet moment), you might be able to bring a little bit of an extra "frisson" to the excitement for you and herself, but I surely wouldn't dress (or even suggest it.

Enjoy her day, and do your best to make it absolutely special for her. And then you and your sister can also be secretly sharing the 'inside joke' of how much extra fun you are having, too.

( I used to hate going to affairs like this, weddings, receptions, cocktail parties...but now I go at every opporunity just to see all the lovely ladies and be able to look at them and complement them on their special outfits. )

Have fun... and enoy the scenery!

;)