PDA

View Full Version : Finally...It begins

Sara Violet
07-06-2005, 02:35 AM
I had my first theropist appointment today. I thinks she is going to be very helpfull to me. She have some experience with transsexuals but she is mainly a lesbian theropist. She is going to get in touch with the leading gender theropists in the state to help with treatment and standerds of care. She was really nice and uses my real name, Sara. I told her that I want to have electrolosis and start hormones and start living part time in the next 6 months, then a few months later begin my full time and that I wish to celebrate my 30th birthday party post op (im 26 now). She told me that is a very good plan. She was suprised how far I have come along on my own. I feel great, im finally on the yellow brick road. I am going to she her again next wensday, she wants me to tell her my life story....Im going to need tissues for sure. I repressed alot, up until recently I did not remember much about my childhood. I think I repressed most of my memories, and now I am overwhelmed with guilt from the past..regrets I can do nothing about. On the other hand I no longer question that I was always a girl. Well those memories and thoughts are for a different post . Today is a day to celebrate. I am going to finaly be a woman. :D

I also want to give hugs to all you girls for being there for me when I needed you the most. Always there for me when I needed a tea party. As I told my theropist, I would not be alive today if I did not have the suport I have had the last 6 months. You girls know how close I have come to the edge...and Im sorry if I worried some of you. I hope to have many more tea parties with you all.

Sara

Stlalice
07-06-2005, 05:06 AM
Sara,

In some ways that first step on the road to transistion is the biggest and hardest one. Getting into therapy is a reqiurement for getting further treatment down the road. I'm glad to see that you have done it. Your therapists help when it comes to dealing with transistion and coming out will be vital to your success. Hang in there girl - whille you have many trials ahead of you, your goal is a worthwhile one. The reward is being able to live at peace in your own body. Good luck kid !

Sharon
07-06-2005, 08:06 AM
This is wonderful news, Sara! It sounds like you found an excellent therapist.
Good luck, and, please, keep us updated on your progress. :hugs:

DonnaT
07-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Sounds like a plan, Sara. Congratulations. I hope your progress is an easy one.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_1_110v.gif

Rachel_740
07-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Congratulations Sara. Well done on this difficult move and I wish you all the best for your future and hope your transition goes as well as mine has.

I've never been as happy and content as I am now I've transitioned.

Don't hesitate to PM me if you need any help/advice. I can't promise to be able to answer but there may be something I could help with.

Anne

Wendy me
07-06-2005, 12:58 PM
sara what good news to hear ....so happy for you stay in touch we your sisters could not be any more happyer for you ....and girlfreind i will have tea with you any time,,....
huge wendy hugs to you ...

Tristen Cox
07-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Sara *BIG HUGS* You've got the plan right. It is no easy road, but you are very brave to take on the journey to being who you are. There may still be some bumps in that ride but it is well worth it. Never give up and you will achieve your dreams :thumbsup:

You go girl :)

Melissa A.
07-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Sara, It is SO good to see you here and know you are OK. I have been here sporadically lately, but I know even before that I had not seen you here for a while. That you are doing what you need to do makes me happy, as does a hopeful tone to your writing that I hadn't seen before. Really makes me feel good. I wish you all the strength and luck you can find in the coming months and years, and you know we will be here to listen and talk with you as you need. Be who you are, Sara, don't settle for less. PM me whenever you want, if you want.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Julie
07-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Sara,

Your therapist is right, sounds like a good plan. It's pretty common to reach that point in your life where you KNOW transitioning is the only way to happiness and then to say, "Hurry up! Let's get this show on the road!" and to try to rush it. Fact is the body will not be rushed. Four years is a very reasonable expectation.

Make sure you do your homework when selecting surgeons. The overseas option looks great because of the cost savings (not as much as it used to be) but there are so many downsides I'd never do it. My therapist has treated many TSs right through to GRS and is very knowledgable about the best doctors for FFS and GRS and I got a pretty good education from her I could share if you're interested.

If you are going to have FFS there are a lot of options out there. You should sign on for membership at FFS Support Group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ffs-support/). It is without a doubt the best place to go to get complete and reliable information. You'll emerge more educated about the various procedures than you'd ever expect.

One other thing you should consider is to make it to at least one TG convention. The better ones will have seminars geared toward TSs and doctors of HRT, GRS and FFS regularly are featured at these seminars. If you can make several, all the better. Most important is to educate yourself as much as you can so you make the best decisions for what you want.

Good Luck!