PDA

View Full Version : "Waves" of Crossdressing?

KristinSkye
05-27-2009, 05:17 PM
I know I can't be alone here, but does anyone else experience "waves" of wanting to dress? What I mean by that is I'll go weeks without any real desire to get all femme, then I'll have a week start with a day like this where the only thing I want to do after I come home from work is dress.

Sometimes I feel like a "poser" CD, lol...

Annamarie B
05-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Oh yeah, very familiar. Sometimes I'm almost in a "fugue" state and can think of little else. Usually that's when I'm on vacation or otherwise not so busy.

KarenS
05-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Ohhh yeah. I'm there too. Sometimes I even get severe guilt and consider purging. Sometimes even the next day I can't wait to pull up a pair of panty-hose or a slip or to put on a set of mules over my nylon clad toes. Ohhh yeah. I'm there too.

JenniferR771
05-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Oh sure. When i am busy--concentrating on a job or project. Or no privacy. However...if I have a little shopping time or free time and i try on just one little femmy thing--i catch fire--and i say to myself, "Wouldn't my cute black pumps look good with this. And my red hair or how about the curly wig "--and one thing leads to another.

Rebecca Jackson
05-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Yep, the desire comes and goes for me too. The tough part for me is finding the time and privacy to do it. I also have felt the guilt at times.

Alice B
05-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Sure. It is all based upon what is happening in your life at the time. If my wife and I are traveling I can go for weeks without dressing or having the desire to do so. But once home or when I have a lot of free time I want to dress as much as possible. That may well be a defining factor in who is just a cross dresser and those that seek or desire a higher level of involvement.

Carly D.
05-27-2009, 05:59 PM
I don't think it's "poser".. more like reality CD.. that is how it happened with me.. I bought my own stuff and was quite relaxed with the idea that it was there anytime I wanted it so there would be days and even weeks without the act of dressing, not even wearing just shoes.. then a woman wearing heels walks by and BOOM PAFAM BABOOGIE (sound effects exadurated for effect here) and I'm thinking "how long till I can get home to dress up?".. you know it just would happen quite that way.. I would be going along minding my own business when I would get the urge to dress up.. but more to the fact is that in some of those times when I didn't dress even though the opportunity was perfect I would think "man that is such an effort, do I want to do that now?".. and now it's like if I have enough time I don't hesitate.. I jump into my favorite outfit and BAM... BADOOGIE OOOGIE OOOGIE... I'm that girl I am.. whew I think I worked myself into a lather...

KristinSkye
05-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Sure. It is all based upon what is happening in your life at the time. If my wife and I are traveling I can go for weeks without dressing or having the desire to do so. But once home or when I have a lot of free time I want to dress as much as possible.

Now that I think about it, this is exactly how I am.

I don't think it's "poser".. more like reality CD..

Thats a good way of looking at it :) :hugs:

RitaJanelle
05-27-2009, 06:53 PM
I don't think it's unusual at all for the desire to vary from time to time. There are times when it's almost like I'm on a dressing binge, then there are other times when I'm a little burned-out on it. Fall/Winter is usually my "peak" period for dressing, and Summer is often my "off" season. Nothing wrong with taking a break from it now and then, anyway--you know the ol' "too much of a good thing" adage? :thumbsup:

Detroit Molly
05-27-2009, 06:57 PM
My desire to dress comes and goes as well. There are also times when I won't dress, like when I'm running around on the motorbike.

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-27-2009, 06:59 PM
This topic comes up frequently... or should I say in waves. :heehee:

Yeah - perfectly normal. It's not limited to crossdressing though. I bet if you think about it, you'll discover that many of your favored activities in life are enjoyed in waves. It may be types of food, hobbies, forms of entertainment, or whatever.

No one seems to give a second thought to not wanting to play their favorite video game for a while, but when it comes to crossdressing, people get all worried that something is wrong for some reason.

It's just the fear of being "wrong in the head" I think. Ain't nothing wrong with crossdressing - there is only something wrong in the way much of society views it.

Life comes in waves... at least mine sure seems to. I've even noticed sexual activity between my wife and I happening in waves. I don't question it - I just enjoy it. :)

sissystephanie
05-27-2009, 07:05 PM
I think it is more like a Tsunami than a wave! That said, since I live alone as a widower and am semi-retired, I dress almost every day. Not always full bore, but usually to some extent.

I am not sure about any particular feeling! I just like to wear feminine clothing!! I am way more comfortable wearing panties than I am wearing mens briefs or (uhgg!) boxers.

I am a CROSSDRESSER, what else can I say!!

SarahPerth
05-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Absolutely, I can go months sometimes doing nothing, then it hits me and it's all I can think about and want to do like today :)

Deborah Jane
05-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Been there, done that, got the pink satin T,shirt.
I've always found my c/ding comes in waves, last time it was so big i surfed on it :D

Midnight Skye
05-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Good question Kristin. Mine used to come in waves.... now its on all the time and I really am not sure what to make of it. When it was in waves I could deal with it emotionally and litterly. Wanting to dress all the time... is just plain scary... I'm realy fighting with this right now and would kill to go back to my wave schedule :doh:

WandaRae2009
05-27-2009, 07:54 PM
I am going through one of those waves now. It seems that when personal situations limit your ability to dress, the urges get more intense.

Rachel Morley
05-27-2009, 07:58 PM
There's nothing quite like an SO who encourages you - is there? :)

KristinSkye
05-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Good question Kristin. Mine used to come in waves.... now its on all the time and I really am not sure what to make of it. When it was in waves I could deal with it emotionally and litterly. Wanting to dress all the time... is just plain scary... I'm realy fighting with this right now and would kill to go back to my wave schedule :doh:

really? I guess I would have figured since you seemed like you finally got so confortable with yourself you wouldn't want to go back to the 'wave schedule'. I think a part of my waves of crossdressing often has to do with a certain level of comfortability of the fact.

LindaMarie
05-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Interesting timing on this thread. I'm also a "waver" (in many ways). There are times when my need to dress is very intense. At other times, I don't have much need to dress at all. In fact, at those times, I sometimes ask myself if it all just doesn't seem a bit silly. Then the pendulum swings back again.

Deedee Dupree
05-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Sure, even now, having lived alone for many years there are cycles... I can get bored with it and concentrate on something else for a while. I'm not concerned with the waves/cycles as I know xdressing is available whenever I need/want it.

dd

Alana65
05-27-2009, 10:38 PM
I experience the good old "ebb & flow of CDing" now and then, and you never know when it's going to happen either. :doh:
Sometimes the "ebb" will last anywhere from hours to weeks, then BAM.....the "flow" comes back with a vengeance, and I have the need to dress as much (and often) as possible. So you're definitely not alone.

Celeste
05-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Yes its waves here too.Right now I'm surging awful high, which is fun,not knowing how intense it will get is fun.I guess surges like this keep it new,variable and interesting.

cara
05-28-2009, 01:09 AM
When I was younger and had a sexual connection with CD'ing
it seemed to come in two week waves. I purged at 40 y.o for 15 years and when I returned the sexual connection was gone but the need to dress was constant. The eroticism of dressing has been replaced with a sense of serenity and wholeness.
So, I'm wondering if there is a hormonal connection to these "waves". What do you think?
Hugs, Cara

Mistybtm
05-28-2009, 01:28 AM
I am divorced and live a lone so i dress every day to some degree:cheer::doll:

Cary
05-28-2009, 06:19 PM
I think this happens to all of us at one time or another. When I go for extended periods of time not dressing, it only hightens the desire when I dress.

CDPAUL
06-02-2009, 08:00 AM
been on a cold wave lately myself too many more important life events going on cant get focused right now

kymmieLorain
06-02-2009, 10:12 AM
I don't think it is called a wave of dressing, but sometimes I just want to get home and slip into a comfy skirt and other femminine things.

Kymmie

5150 Girl
06-02-2009, 11:48 AM
On the one hand, i do wish I ould go full time... But the reality of it is, most of the time I would need to be butch. So I don't know what that mens to this thread.
I guess if it were practical do work on a car, or patch a roof in heels and other frillls that would rock!

gennee
06-02-2009, 06:58 PM
I wear something everyday. I wear a skirt and cami around the house. If anything I have been out in public a lot and want to be out even more. Wish I could dress 24/7.

Gennee
:):daydreaming:

Brenda456
06-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Reading all of the comments, it must be, err, normal. I am the same way as well. The desire to CD is almost always there, the need to CD, that is the wavey part. Hope we don't get seasick!

Cary
06-02-2009, 08:10 PM
It seems like the wave just crashs down on me when ever a see a GG wearing an outfit I like. Just yesterday one of the GGs at the office came in wearing a cute summer dress with a nice pair of strappy heels. She looked great! Once I saw her, all I wanted was to be wearing her outfit or one just like it.

darla_g
06-02-2009, 08:11 PM
I generally take the summer off. not much of a desire, too hot + my kids are always around.

when i am doing it , i am intensely into it. but i know i can turn it on and off. But i sincerely doubt it ever completely leaves me.

DAVIDA
06-02-2009, 08:24 PM
I guess that there are always exceptions to the norms. I personally have never not wanted to be dressed.

Charla McBee
06-02-2009, 09:37 PM
I was just thinking of posting about this myself. My experience is much the same as everyone else except that I occasionally get calm seas, a period of a few hours even a day or two where I'm not feeling it and not thinking about it. I just had one of those recently just following the tsunami that finally carried me to a place like this. I call it a tsunami because the peak of it was kind of scary. I don't have any clothes right now but the tsunami came with a name and names have power. I went through my normal routine, even watching an arena football game over a few beers but it was like I was on autopilot while some girl named Agnieszka was in charge.

Anyway, the next wave is coming in after the strongest one ever and I'm really concerned this will be the one that makes me go shopping. :eek: I'm already not quite so freaked out about being here. It could drive me insane for weeks if that is its goal.

Pauline Lauren
06-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Hmmm an interesting thread here, and somewhat surprising to see my experience is not the norm at this point in my life. It used to be, 20 years ago or so. But now I feel more of a constant desire to be dressed in something femme, not that I always can be of course. But as soon as I am back in an enviroment where I can at least slip on a camisole or panties under my clothes I am there! LOL

As a couple of you with similar experiences have indicated, for me it is not usually a sexual thing, it more has to do with a feeling of comfort, wholeness and serenity that comes over me. I am generally more pleasant, more upbeat and relaxed, so it has become a nightly ritual for me to come home and change into something feminine and stay that way until I have to go to work in the morning (unless we have visitors or have to go out for some reason). If it comes in waves, then I must be on a constant wave of some sort!

And yes, as one of you mentioned, I do wonder what it says about myself. But that said I know I am happier for doing so than not, so I don't intend to stop!!

>>>huggs<<<

Pauline Lauren

il.dso
06-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Yes, but the waves are more like "tidal waves!"

Alanea
06-03-2009, 12:19 PM
The wave comes for me as well,when concentrating on something work or a project, I have little or no desire to dress, but when i have free time thats all i can think about.
Alanea

linnea
06-03-2009, 12:41 PM
To some extent, I dress every day (at least panties), but otherwise I go in waves. However, these waves are based on necessity rather than heightening or lowering of desire. I desire dressing all the time. Practically speaking, I can't dress all of the time. My opportunities come in waves.

cindym5_04
06-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Been there, done that, got the baby-tee shirt to show for it.

CLARRISA
06-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Hello, i too subscribe to the wave camp, however i've been where Katlynashe and know what she means, sometimes you surf it for so long it does get scary (mentally), but for some reason the wave stopped about a month a go, (may have been seeing a gray hair or something), my male persona returned, i was relieved in a way, cos i could start concentrating on other things, such as trying to find a g/f, sorting the career out etc..i've take a few days off work and plan to get cracking with it...but..hello ! i think another waves coming...

Jaclyn NM
06-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Yup, happens to me all the time. Sometimes I'll go weeks with no desire to dress, and then all of a sudden, I can't wait to slip on some stockings and heels. Right now I'm in a dressing mood wearing some thigh highs and a new pair of black patent 6" stilettoe pumps, and loving every minute of it. Oh well, you just have to go with what's right for you at the moment, if you can.

Charla McBee
06-03-2009, 05:09 PM
I unfortunately lack the supplies and ethical means of attaining them within the safety of my home right now, thus why these recent gigantic waves are driving me insane.

NatalieBliss
06-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Totally!

Alice B
06-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Sometimes the tide and surf are up. Only solution is to go surf. Sometime the waves are flat and you can only dream of surfing. Dressing the same.

sandie johnson
06-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Yes I do experience the waves. My wife is away for two weeks which is rare (one week down). So I’am surfing.