PDA

View Full Version : Why do you crossdress?

KateSpade83
05-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Why do you crossdress?

For me, 1990 to 2000, I did it because it "got me off good" and I was just a "guy in a dress..." Tried quitting and purging 5 times only to come back...

2002 to 2005 - didn't buy much clothes because I was a size 12 + and I was in the process of losing weight then. Summer 2005 I discovered this forum and joined as Jesse69 and I learned a lot about makeup, wigs, beard cover, - and dollying myself up all the way! And this site gave me enough crossdressing knowledge so I can make myself very passable and shop / experience life as a woman! So I evolved into a beauty queen and now the MAIN REASON why I crossdress is to just admire myself in a full length mirror and say to myself, "This is how I'd look if I were born a woman!"

I do it for self admiration and for the experience of going out and being treated like a pretty woman! I've done it all! Shopping, Church, washrooms, fitting rooms, and Job Fairs!

So why do you crossdress?

I tried quitting around Jan 09 but I just came back into it and I couldn't stop SHOPPING! I kept off the clothes for a month but it didn't last! I thought about purging again but didn't but my mom purged some of my Chicago clothes and then LIED to me where they went so it was hard to recover them when I found out the truth! Hurt BIG TIME when I lost a unique $165 ebay St John skirt suit that sold for $5 at the thrift store she donated my clothes too!

I tried being an "EX CD" but that was MAJOR FAIL again! But Crossdressers.com isn't my main forum anymore, City-Data.com is! I'm Jesse69 there again too!

Karren H
05-27-2009, 10:02 PM
because I have to..... I'm driven to......

joann426
05-27-2009, 10:24 PM
when i was little boy and grownin up i useto wear mu sister panties and yes they were clean that what got me started to dress now it is in my blood and cant stop :heehee:

KateSpade83
05-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Well, I don't crossdress to pick up or mess around ever with men! I'm never gonna be any of those Craiglist CD sex kittens! I'm too much of a guy to ever mess around with men while in drag! No NO Never!

Karren H
05-27-2009, 10:37 PM
There are CD sex kittens?? On craigs list? All this time I've been looking for stuff like estate sales and furniture... lol

trannie T
05-27-2009, 11:38 PM
I crossdress because I don't really have the choice not to.

RobertaM
05-27-2009, 11:51 PM
There are CD sex kittens?? On craigs list? All this time I've been looking for stuff like estate sales and furniture... lol

OMG you crack me up karren.

Deedee Dupree
05-27-2009, 11:55 PM
because it chills my blues:sad: and makes me feel :happy: or :D.....

Sonia_cd
05-28-2009, 12:14 AM
Because I love crossdressing! Simple...

LeannL
05-28-2009, 12:21 AM
As Battybats has posted in another section explaining the details: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107961
I believe that the reason I crossdress is a combination of genetics and in utero biochemistry that leads to brain structures and biochemistry that are non-standard for my physical gender.

Leann

Christina Horton
05-28-2009, 02:45 AM
I do cuz I love every thing about it.

I also go to another site but it's not a Cd site. It called Second life. And yes Karren I am a sexy kitten there. No really. My avatar is part cat. I have the tag above her head that says sexy kitten. No need for me to go to crags list I have guys asking me fir sex all the time there. I all ways say no unless there a girl then it's yes. But my girl avatar is still a vrgin. (sigh). What a girl to do.

MissConstrued
05-28-2009, 03:02 AM
Why?

One day, I was looking absentmindedly at all this extra space in my closet, and had nothing to fill it. A guy only needs so many khakis, cammies, and jeans. Then it hit me! I've never seen a girl's closet that wasn't stuffed to the gills with colorful clothing!

Now, I have a lusciously full closet, and my wallet is no longer weighing me down with back pain. Thanks, Cross-Dressing! :D

CandyDarling
05-28-2009, 09:12 AM
There is no choice in the matter. My opinion only is that we have to dress - it is a genetic marker as if we have a portion of our brain that is wired female. Do you cry at sentimental movies? Do you appreciater fashion? Love heels on a girl? Want to tell them never ever to wear that again - or try a more feminine look? Can you listen to your SO and not try to fix everything? Are you a great partner for a woman? Caring- sensative- loving and yet still manly enough to please her in that way? Still love a chainsaw in the woods?

It is only that dressing is such a source of humor for the public. If one is not afflicted (bad word) with this condition, this existance - there is no way of understanding it and we have been the fodder for jokes forever. That is the shame issue. We are different and percieced as gay and crazy. So we stick together - be wondeful partners for our SO's and support each other in this crazy thing we have to do.

sami1952
05-28-2009, 09:21 AM
i do it,because,i feel like a woman!!

Joni Marie Cruz
05-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Well, to quote that existentialist philosopher Popeye the Sailor, "I yam what I yam."

Hugs...Joni Marie

Patricia1
05-28-2009, 09:37 AM
In the words of the great comic/crossdresser Josephine (aka Flip Wilson), "the devil made me do it." In truth, no one is to blame. I'll leave the blame game to those that enjoy it. Me? I enjoy feeling like a woman and so I try to be that way as often as I can. Who has a choice?

Christina Horton
05-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Well, to quote that existentialist philosopher Popeye the Sailor, "I yam what I yam."

Hugs...Joni Marie

Hay if you want to be a Yam that's fine just don't call me a Yam. Ok I am not a Yam.......... I'm more like a patato I have more then two eye (4) and have the same shape as one.

So don't call me a Yam ever again sheash!!!!!!!!!! The nerve of some women. Humfh. :Angry3:

Joni Marie Cruz
05-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Whoa, easy there Christina. Don't get all hot under the jacket. Here, let me rub a little butter and salt and pepper on you. There we go. That's better, isn't it?

And just to be clear, I am neither stating nor implying that I, or anyone else on this site, is a sweetish, orange fleshed tuber often baked and served as a side dish with butter, salt, pepper and occasionally a little brown sugar.

(Sorry, Kate. Not a culinary highjacking of the thread. Just having a little fun.)

Hugs...Joni Marie

Stephanie Michelle
05-28-2009, 10:22 AM
For me it is just like breathing. I don't think about it I just do it. It is just there whether I want to or not.

Stephanie Mechelle

KateSpade83
05-28-2009, 10:43 AM

Watch out for Craiglist sex kittens like this, Karren!

Lorileah
05-28-2009, 10:52 AM
I wanna be a kitten! Please please please! Won't do that Craigslist tho, looked at the ads and the people there.....ewwwww.

I wear it because I like how it looks and how I feel. And probably because I am jealous of females who get to wear it if they want. I wear it because I should be able to without repercussions.

Recently I wear it cuz Miss Construed should not get all the attention in Denver :tongueout

Carly D.
05-28-2009, 12:21 PM
For me::: I dress because.. that's about all I can say on the matter.. I have purged to zero (nothing in the coffer) but still came back.. now I know I can't ever quit.. I tried and was unsuccessful.. I know someone on another thread says with the right will power anyone can quit anything.. that's true but in my case I feel like my cross dressing (habit as it were) isn't hurting anyone, and I don't see any adverse side effects (unless trying to keep at a certain weight to be able to keep wearing my favorite tops and such is bad for me).. I can't really say I like to "look" like a woman but rather feel like I feel while wearing certain clothing is like chicken soup to a sick person.. whoa.. derailed again...

VeronicaMoonlit
05-28-2009, 12:57 PM
I used to say it this way, back when I identified as a CD:

"Because I'm transgendered. The crossdressing is just a symptom of that."

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Deborah Jane
05-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Why not??

I enjoy it, it makes me feel good, do i really need a reason?

gennee
05-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Why do I crossdress?

1. I love wearing women's clothing.

2. I'm being my real self.

3. It's so relaxing.

4. I love feeling feminine.

5. Can't see myself not dressing.

Gennee:)

Mary Jane1
05-28-2009, 01:24 PM
i do it,because,i feel like a woman!!

And by feeling like a woman I feel that much closer to becoming what I want to be - a woman. There are hurdles to reaching that destination, some possibly insurmountable (for me), but I will never give up any part of my feminine expression because it's part of who I am

To deny any part of that expression wouldn't make sense for me.

JaymeCD
05-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Why do I crossdress? I do because I like to. I am envious seeing woman in nice dresses and heels. So I dress up in a dress and heels and get off to that.

Georgina
05-28-2009, 06:01 PM
I am a guy and want to remain a guy but I also want to wear dresses and skirts. I don't really know why I crossdress (I hate that word) but I love the clothes and love wearing them. I love my work and in my private time I always wear a dress or skirt and I wish gender wasn't defined by clothes.

kellycan27
05-28-2009, 06:13 PM
I am very happy to report that all this talk of not being able to stop crossdressing is nonsense! I did it. I was a crossdresser for for a good part of my life. I quit crossdressing about 4 years ago, I went against the advice of many people who told me not to pugre... you'll be sorry.. the urge will return, end you will end up buying more clothes....... wrong! Gone are the days where I'd be out in public and worrying that people were staring and wondering...is that a boy or a girl? Gone are the days of hiding and feeling miserable inside. I am cured of the wretched crossdressing. I have finally seen the light...................
I am a girl,not a boy, and I am just going to have to live with it! :heehee:
Kelly

Dana Lane
05-28-2009, 06:24 PM
I am on a new journey to discover myself and this is where I ended up so far. I am not sure where my journey will take me but I hope to find myself along the way.

suzanneq
05-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Wouldnt call it xdress,its natural to be girlie&i can,mite not look like Karen tho but cant change that.

Kate Simmons
05-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Seemed like a good idea at the time Kate.:heehee:

Samantha43
05-28-2009, 07:40 PM
I am very happy to report that all this talk of not being able to stop crossdressing is nonsense! I did it. I was a crossdresser for for a good part of my life. I quit crossdressing about 4 years ago, I went against the advice of many people who told me not to pugre... you'll be sorry.. the urge will return, end you will end up buying more clothes....... wrong! Gone are the days where I'd be out in public and worrying that people were staring and wondering...is that a boy or a girl? Gone are the days of hiding and feeling miserable inside. I am cured of the wretched crossdressing. I have finally seen the light...................
I am a girl,not a boy, and I am just going to have to live with it! :heehee:
Kelly

Okay kelly, you really had me going there for a minute...:)

I crossdress because I have no choice.....and because it's just plain fun and rewarding.

kellycan27
05-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Okay kelly, you really had me going there for a minute...:)

I crossdress because I have no choice.....and because it's just plain fun and rewarding.

hehehehehee

Meg East
05-28-2009, 08:10 PM
This is me. I don't consider it to be crossdressing, it is nothing more or less than me.

There is no earthly reason to get too worried about it.

Celeste
05-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Because it winds me down,takes the sharp edge off reality and is a creative place I can call my own that is special to me.

Sammy777
05-28-2009, 10:01 PM
I have been crossdressing more and more lately.
Somedays I just get up and don't even think about it and just do it. I have been doing it for so long it almost seems automatic.
Yes it has its up and down sides and you have your good and bad days too but that is something you just have to learn to live with.

The hows or whens of it all starting really aren't important to me at this point.
Just being who you are on the inside is and letting that inner person finally shine through is.

To be honest - The real reason I crossdress is because somedays I'm just to tired and don't feel like getting all Girlied up to greet the world with a smile. :battingeyelashes:

Barbara Dugan
05-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Why I crossdress....Still I have no idea and think is a waste of time look for an answer

Greymancd
05-28-2009, 11:35 PM
I dress because I have the desire to dress and it always seems to make me feel good.

Samantha Kelsey
05-29-2009, 12:57 AM
I crossdress just because I WANT TO!

CDTiffany
05-29-2009, 02:00 AM
This is why!~!!!!!!

It is 12 midnight, I am so dressed up! I have been dresssing up since I was 8 or 9 years old! And i live to answer a thread like this!!!!! Womens clothing, Crossing your legs while you answer a thread like this, Too much fun!!!!!

Nylons, Heels. Me Being Me!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XOXO Tiffany Amber Rhoads

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-29-2009, 04:00 AM
I have a strong feminine side and the need to express and explore it. Everyone has a need for personal self-expression - only crossdressers take the most heat for it. I LOVE my feminine side - it is truly my best side and the part of myself that brings me the most joy (in being who I am).

I dress because I love how I feel about myself when I do. I look good when I dress (at least to me), and when I look good, I feel good. Looking at myself in the mirror when dressed is a frequent occurrence. I do admire Gabrielle's beauty often in the mirror. I guess there's an obvious vanity factor to dressing up for me.

I experience a strong sense of clarity, control, and personal strength when I dress. I feel like I can take on the world, perhaps just because I feel so damn good about myself when I'm all dressed up. I'm always in a good mood when dressed.

It feels right when I dress up. I get to be the me I was never allowed to be growing up. To hell with society's idiotic gender rules garbage - I choose to be me now, and sometimes that means I'm very girly! :)

There are so many reasons I crossdress. Those are a quick few that came to mind just now. I guess in a nutshell, I dress up simply because it's me. :)

Christina Horton
05-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Whoa, easy there Christina. Don't get all hot under the jacket. Here, let me rub a little butter and salt and pepper on you. There we go. That's better, isn't it?

And just to be clear, I am neither stating nor implying that I, or anyone else on this site, is a sweetish, orange fleshed tuber often baked and served as a side dish with butter, salt, pepper and occasionally a little brown sugar.

(Sorry, Kate. Not a culinary highjacking of the thread. Just having a little fun.)

Hugs...Joni Marie

hay Joni. Eat me. LOL. I take it your a yam lover ...well to each her own. Dam now I'm hungry.

AlannahNorth
05-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Why do I crossdress?

At first I had no idea why the urge was there.

In my teens I suppressed most of the urge, couldn't stop, purged, and came back to it again.

In my 20's and 30's I (almost) successfully suppressed the urge, with only the rare occasion where I indulged in a minor way.

In my 40's it all came back - and the real desire (like a fire) roared to life, and I bought stuff, purged, and bought it all over again.

Then I realized (and finally accepted) that I CD because I can't stop.

Now I accept it as part of my nature, I feel no desire to stop. I balance my time according to my circumstances and the need - it's much better.

I know now that this other 'side' of my personality needs to be expressed and enjoyed, and (now) shared - at least in a small way in this forum.

Alannah

erika130
05-30-2009, 11:20 PM
I dress cause it makes me feel good, its a release, and its fun. I don't know why, or if it matters, that's what gets me I guess... Why does someone like riding their bike, going out for dinner, dancing, the list goes on... I had an ex ask, well why do you do it? Do you want to be a girl? I'm not sure, I like being both, reality gets in the way of sensation and fantasy sometimes unfortunately, and fortunately.
For me a lot of it is sexual, and it feels so good, maybe thats all that matters...
I've done the purging thing quite a few times, its just expensive and frustrating, I try to remember that if I feel like doing it again...
~Lexi

:daydreaming: :iagree:

Audrey34
05-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Dressing makes me feel better and helps to chase away ol' man depression. God, I need to dress more often!
-Audrey

Nessa88
05-30-2009, 11:33 PM
Why do I do it?

Because it gives me a sexual high. I enjoy feeling feminine energy coarse through my veins. I sleep alot better when I'm feminized. Just being beautiful and trying to look like Delta Goodrem feels hot. The thought of being a shape shifter is awesome.

josephine69
05-31-2009, 02:33 AM
I think my crossdressing has something to do with my relationship or lack of it with my mother

Jenniferpl
05-31-2009, 10:27 AM
Since urge just will not go away, I have to. It helps clear my mind and relaxes me. Besides my wife said I could.

sometimes_miss
05-31-2009, 03:41 PM
As Jennifer said, the urge will not go away. So, why spend so much energy fighting it, there are lots of other things I'd rather focus on; and if that means focusing on them while wearing something pretty, well, so be it. Wasting so much of my brain power suppressing the desire just makes me cranky, so there's really no sense in it. Makes me wonder; about one in forty guys are crossdressers. Certainly some of the greatest minds in history, would, statistically, have been crossdressers. Hmmmm. Makes you wonder.....which.....ones.....were they?? And surely some of those religious leaders, wearing those pretty gowns, gotta wonder......are there any panties under those outfits?

Kimberly Marie Kelly
05-31-2009, 09:17 PM
After decades of Crossdressing that I'm Transsexual, that my gender is female not male. Hoping to be on hormones within two weeks now, was to be on hormones a month ago but my HRT doctor is waiting on results of other doctors before she starts me on hormones..

She asked me to get a full physical first before I started and at age 52 you know what that means, colonoscopy, PSA tests etc., the PSA test was high and was redone, came in lower the second time but a biospy was recommended as precaution and my HRT doctor is waiting till all results are in.

Crossdressing was a symptom of my transsexualism. It made me feel right. :battingeyelashes:

kobe
06-02-2009, 12:48 PM
i do it becuase it just feels right