PDA

View Full Version : Watch it LADY!

KateSpade83
05-27-2009, 10:20 PM
I had to exchange some womens athletic gear at Walmart, and as I pushed my cart into Walmart I accidently bumped into a man's foot with my cart! He looked back and exclaimed, "Watch it LADY!" - I had to wince and walk away like a weak woman, ... just pretending I was afraid... oh but so reassuring that people thought I was a chick... But I could have broken his cheekbone if I punched him [+ another felony]. Hmmm... it's nice going out in drag!

My makeup is down to a science so I'm 98% confident of passing when I go out! Just can't slip with my voice or I'll get read... But I wonder about all those "Lesbian hit ons" I get!

Any accidents ever happen to you and what happened?

Karren H
05-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Nope.... and who said women are weak and are affraid?? (Que the rath of every GG on this forum....) Most of the ones I know could kick my ass.... lol Ok they play ice hockey too.. but that's besides the point......

BillieJoe
05-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Back in the days when it was easier for me to dress and go out publicly I had a few things happen to me tthat could of given me away. I had a young couple one time ask for directions and I became all flustered. I couldn't answer without giving myself away so I kind of waved my hands. I'm sure they figured it out from there!
Another time I was walking down a street among a fairly large crowd and my wig got caught in the branches of a tree. OOPS! I had to hurry to get away
I was shopping once in a major shopping mall in Milwaukee and I was in the lingerie section. Being winter someone had dragged in some snow and I slipped on it and twisted my ankle. Without even thinking because it happened so fast and because it hurt so much I let out a very loud expletive. Needless to say people looked my way.

LeannL
05-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Another time I was walking down a street among a fairly large crowd and my wig got caught in the branches of a tree. OOPS! I had to hurry to get away.

Thanks :eek: ! I never worried about trees. Now I have to put them on the list with teenaged girls!

I have had a number of encounters of this sort but no one yelling at me. After a concert of the Grand Rapids Symphony, a group of teenagers (yes I said teenagers) of both genders came up to me in the lobby and asked if I would take their picture! I survived without anyone falling on the floor laughing.

Leann

Dressing Jill
05-28-2009, 01:47 AM
Nope.... and who said women are weak and are affraid?? (Que the rath of every GG on this forum....) Most of the ones I know could kick my ass.... lol Ok they play ice hockey too.. but that's besides the point......

Ice hockey I thought you played roller derby.LOL... Oh my my!!!

Lisa Golightly
05-28-2009, 01:55 AM
I don't get it... My natural response would be to say 'I'm so sorry' and mean it... Why skulk away? Why want to punch him? I don't get it? I'm confused...

Christina Horton
05-28-2009, 03:22 AM
never happened to me yet!!!!!!! Knock on wood. Och that Hurt my head knocking so hard. If it did happened I would say oh sorry did I hurt your widow little foot. Aww poor widiow itbity widiow footy. Then I would ask him if he need me to call a doctor.

If someone give me add-a-tood with an honest misstake well while dressed I will treat them like a child. After all that's the way there acting. But that's just me.

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-28-2009, 04:06 AM
... just pretending I was afraid... oh but so reassuring that people thought I was a chick... But I could have broken his cheekbone if I punched him [+ another felony]. Hmmm... it's nice going out in drag!

...Any accidents ever happen to you and what happened?

I'm just starting to venture out into public en femme. This hasn't happened to me yet, but it is a concern of mine. I'm honestly more concerned about being read and confronted by thugs who want to "teach me a lesson" for being who I am rather than bumping into someone... or perhaps getting hit on, THEN read, and then deal with an angry homophobe in my face.

About bumping into that guy with your cart - if that had been my (gg) wife, she would have given him a very loud piece of her mind. She doesn't take crap from anyone (including me) and she's not afraid of anyone (including me). Rude people get a LOT more than they bargain for when they come in contact with Mrs. H. Unfortunately, I doubt I could get away with the same en femme. Somehow she pulls it off, probably because she's the real deal... not to mention she's just one tough cookie!

Getting into a physical altercation is the LAST thing I ever want to happen while en femme! I probably would have just shy'd away from the angry man as well, counting my blessings for not being read.

KristiMartin
05-28-2009, 07:26 AM
I have to agree with a couple of the ladies above. Weak doesn't come close to describing my wife when she's been wronged. I'm pretty sure I've even seen her sister pull out someone's spine once and show it to them before they collapsed.:straightface: And that was just over bad service. :D

Sandra
05-28-2009, 07:44 AM
I had to wince and walk away like a weak woman, ... just pretending I was afraid...

Women aren't weak FFS and why you acted like this is beyond me :Angry3:

Dana Lane
05-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Should have kicked him in the nuts. :daydreaming:

Rachel Morley
05-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Women aren't weak FFS and why you acted like this is beyond me :Angry3:
I don't get it... My natural response would be to say 'I'm so sorry' and mean it... Why skulk away? Why want to punch him? I don't get it? I'm confused...

I'm with Sandra and Lisa all the way on this. Why act like that? .... to get people like me and Sandra annoyed? Do you know how condescending and misogynistic it sounds when you say things like:

I had to wince and walk away like a weak woman
... and how manly and arrogant you sound when you say:

But I could have broken his cheekbone if I punched him [+ another felony].
Why would want to be so aggressive? Ok, he wasn't particularly nice to you but you did run into his foot. Can't you just say sorry in a non threatening way without having to play up to gender stereotypes? :thumbsdn:

Ralph
05-28-2009, 10:28 AM
edited for brevity

I had to wince and walk away like a weak woman, ... just pretending I was afraid... But I could have broken his cheekbone if I punched him [+ another felony].
I'm confused here. If you made a mistake and accidentally hurt someone, why would your first impulse be to punch him? Is it weak to apologize when you do something wrong? If so, then I'm proud to be a "weak woman" no matter how I'm dressed!

ralph

KateSpade83
05-28-2009, 10:47 AM
I tried to avoid using my voice so I winced like I was sorry and made a mistake and acted weak and walked away... I could have said sorry too... But I had the strength to punch him out but no way I wanna expunge my current felony and gotta keep my record clean.

Women are generally considered weak compared to men so I had to act weak...

victoriamwilliams1
05-28-2009, 10:53 AM
He could have said "Be careful with that cart lady" I have always said we look different in other people eyes than in our own.

I to am trying to perfect my voice I am big so I have to have a voice that is common for tall girls.

Karren H
05-28-2009, 11:04 AM
In lue of feminine voice coaching I've opted for the weakness training and an advanced coarse in scardieness.. Lol.

Instead of talking you could have just given him the universal hand sigh of uber-disapproval!!

VeronicaMoonlit
05-28-2009, 12:30 PM
I tried to avoid using my voice so I winced like I was sorry and made a mistake and acted weak and walked away...

No, you were "weak" by not using your voice and saying sorry. A "strong" person would have said, "Ooops, sorry. Hope I didn't hurt you." and meant it.

But I had the strength to punch him out

But why does that matter? It was a simple bumping someone with a cart, easily defused with an "Oops, I'm sorry." You made the mistake, not him. No need to even think about punching.

<Dr Evil voice>You just don't get it, do you.</Dr. Evil voice>

No, you didn't have to act weak. Sure, the average woman is probably physically weaker than the average man, but in a simple situation like you experienced that doesn't matter one bit. Bad tranny misogynist, bad bad!

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

gennee
05-28-2009, 12:42 PM
I have accidentally bumped into folks while dressed and did apologize to them. I altered my voice a bit so I passed on that part. Still got called 'lady' or 'ma'am'. that was the good part.

Gennee
:heehee:

Mary Jane1
05-28-2009, 01:43 PM

I was thinking exactly the same thing. If I bump into someone, I say excuse me. Even if it was a loud or rude 'Watch it lady', the worst I would say is, 'I'm sorry, it was an accident'.

I mean it wasn't his fault, was it? Didn't you run into him?

Nicole Erin
05-28-2009, 01:45 PM
I don't get it? I'm confused...
There's a new occurence...

Now Kate, that is cool, and I gotta say going to walmart en femme takes a bit of nerve, that place is over run with riff raff, I hate going there NOT en femme.

Sarah...
05-28-2009, 02:02 PM

Now Kate, that is cool, and I gotta say going to walmart en femme takes a bit of nerve, that place is over run with riff raff, I hate going there NOT en femme.

Facetious.

Who are riff raff? I shop in Asda - the UK branch of Walmart. Am I "riff raff"? What is "riff raff"?

Sarah

kellycan27
05-30-2009, 01:38 PM

like you could anyway..oops did I say that out loud?

Sammy777
05-30-2009, 02:03 PM
a new occurence...
I en femme is riff raff, I hate going en femme.

Thank you for sharing that with us Nicole.

Oh Im sooooooo sorry. Did I misquote you? :battingeyelashes:

kellycan27
05-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Facetious.

Who are riff raff? I shop in Asda - the UK branch of Walmart. Am I "riff raff"? What is "riff raff"?

Sarah

Anyone who shops at walmart ....according to some. I don't think it's an endearing term...rif-raf

KateSpade83
05-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Well, if the guy acted up and wanted to beat me up I still would've acted like a weak woman that needs help to fight a man... just to see what the crowds reaction would be to a guy beating up a pretty woman!

Yeah,... people think I'm PRETTY!

Sonia_cd
06-02-2009, 01:42 AM

How do you define weakness? Look around you Kate, observe people, their lives, look at working women, homemakers and you will find them to be stronger than any man around. Their source of strength is limitless. In my opinon, yo are being disrespectful of all women when you say that.

Sheila
06-02-2009, 02:37 AM
I had to wince and walk away like a weak woman, ...

Well good for you Kate .................. I do not know where you get yout ideas about woman from, but I can assure you I know very few weak women ................. try giving Birth ...... that sorts the boys out from the girls :devil::devil: