PDA

View Full Version : Who was driving your car?

Erica A.
05-28-2009, 01:30 AM
I don't know about you, but I live in a fairly small, close knit community where everyone seem's to know everyone else. The problem is... when I go out as Erica, I'm fairly confident that the general public won't recognize me. However, when I go out, I need to drive. I am quite certain that my vehicle, which I've had for some time, is quite recognizable by all. Especially by family members and friend's that haven't meet Erica. I'm considering getting another car for Erica's exclusive use. Of course, there's the problem of where do I keep it so it won't be identified as mine or associated with my male self. Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone ever been "outed" because you were driving a recognizable vehicle? Does anyone have a seperate vehicle to use exclusivly while en femme? I was just wondering... :daydreaming: -Erica

obsessedwithpantyhose
05-28-2009, 01:58 AM
everyone who knows me knows so i dont have that problem

Lisa Golightly
05-28-2009, 02:01 AM
Tint the windows?

Persephone
05-28-2009, 02:19 AM
I got worried about the same kind of thing this afternoon. I was driving down a street that I drive down both dressed and not, literally just passing my nail shop, when a friend of mine who only knows me en drab called me on my cell phone. He said, "Did you hear me honk? I just passed you." Might have been hard to explain if "someone else" was driving this time.

MissConstrued
05-28-2009, 02:49 AM
I'm considering getting another car for Erica's exclusive use.

Well, you wouldn't want to keep it at your house, lest your family learn to recognize your -- I mean, that chick that looks kinda like you -- car. So, you'll want to buy another house across town, or at least a townhouse with a garage.

This raises another problem, however. Your own car will be parked at that other residence from which you emerge, driving the other car. We need another point of disconnect, or at the very least, anyone who sees you will suspect you are cheating on your wife with an ugly chick who kinda looks like you. :doh:

Thus, rent a hangar at your local airport, and one in a nearby town. Keep a third car at the hangar in the other town. You drive to your local airport, fly to the other, and drive THAT car to your second house, where you can glam up, and drive the other other car out on the town. Reverse the process to return home. Please note, this method requires a pilot's license and an airplane. Fortunately, in this economy, houses and airplanes are cheap.

Oh, and to avoid arousing any suspicions, hire a crooked business attorney (redundant, I know) to set you up a couple of dummy corporations in which to hide those assets -- the house, the hangars, the plane, the extra cars. Some credit cards in the dummy corp's name to buy your avgas, a maid and landscaper who don't speak English but you pay very well to maintain the second house, and you're golden.

OR... if that's a bit much, you could join an extremely obscure sect of Islam that would require men to wear burkas 24/7. That way, you could be dressed as a man or a woman underneath, and no one would know the difference. Yep, your friends will say, "there goes Burka Boy again!" and your neighbors will report your now suspicious comings and goings to the KGB -- I mean, DHS -- but only you will know the secret. They might suspect you of a lot of things, but cross-dressing won't be one of them. Unless you live in a heavily Muslim neighborhood.

OR... you could fake your own death. Once your friends and family have mourned your passing for a sufficient period of time, and forgotten about you, you'll be free to do as you please -- start your life anew, so to speak. You'll have to change your male appearance somewhat to avoid being recognized from beyond the grave, but that's nothing a little hair dye and facial reconstructive surgery can't fix. A quick trip to your local flea market where your local illegal aliens obtain their fake Social Security cards will net you a whole new identity for a couple Benjamins. Bonus: since your new SS number belongs to Joe Blow in Ohio, you no longer have to pay taxes.

Well, there you have three options. Whichever you choose, I wish you the best of luck, sirrah, and may your closet always be cozy! :hugs:

Christina Horton
05-28-2009, 03:03 AM
I have been thinking of getting a second car for Christina. Not for the resion you need one. I have a 1980 corvette with a color changing paint. It main color is green but just sitting there looks green , blue , brown , and sometimes black. I could care less if someone who knows me in only in drab or dressed sees me. Why cuz I no long will hide whom I am. Never again. If you want to see a pic of my car you'll need to go to my reuion thread to see it. It's worth a look dam but I love that car.

The reason I want another car for Christina is to make it
1) easer to be lady like getting in and out of.
2) so I can take more the one other person with me.
3) cuz I want a bright PINK car all for Christina.

After all she has her own wardrobe and cell phone witch I am one right now typing this on her new I-phone. It's pink too. How cute would a all pink car look wraped around you in Washington state.

Hali
05-28-2009, 05:27 AM
The responses on this thread are quite funny. Anyways, i dont use my car at all when dressed i only use it when am in the company of my GF in which case she will be the one driving and i will be her "cute" female friend sitting by the passengers side. Thats my rule. If i go out alone and dressed then i will be on foot.

Teri Jean
05-28-2009, 05:43 AM
I have thought about this also but have come to the conclusion it will be my ultimate outing if I keep dressing and driving. I have thought of getting a less recognizable vehical but then why? And if this is something that bothers some people they either can get over it or I do not need to associate with them. This is who I am and I love it.

Keli

catriona36
05-28-2009, 07:34 AM
mmm..
cheaper option...
magnetic signs for your car. make up a company name and put it on your car. something dumb that no one would use :)
and a few suctioncup rear window shades.. just a few things that can help disquise your car as something else.. like we do :D

TerriM
05-28-2009, 07:43 AM
Here's an Idea, get a 2nd car for enfemme trips. then build a underground garage with a tunnel that comes out a mile from your home. I saw something like it in a movie. I think the name of the movie is Batman. But seriously I know what you are talking about. I was once out driving enfemme and realized I was right behind my brother. Wow you want to see a quick getaway.
Terri

Rachel A V
05-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Well, you wouldn't want to keep it at your house, lest your family learn to recognize your -- I mean, that chick that looks kinda like you -- car. So, you'll want to buy another house across town, or at least a townhouse with a garage.

This raises another problem, however. Your own car will be parked at that other residence from which you emerge, driving the other car. We need another point of disconnect, or at the very least, anyone who sees you will suspect you are cheating on your wife with an ugly chick who kinda looks like you. :doh:

Thus, rent a hangar at your local airport, and one in a nearby town. Keep a third car at the hangar in the other town. You drive to your local airport, fly to the other, and drive THAT car to your second house, where you can glam up, and drive the other other car out on the town. Reverse the process to return home. Please note, this method requires a pilot's license and an airplane. Fortunately, in this economy, houses and airplanes are cheap.

Oh, and to avoid arousing any suspicions, hire a crooked business attorney (redundant, I know) to set you up a couple of dummy corporations in which to hide those assets -- the house, the hangars, the plane, the extra cars. Some credit cards in the dummy corp's name to buy your avgas, a maid and landscaper who don't speak English but you pay very well to maintain the second house, and you're golden.

OR... if that's a bit much, you could join an extremely obscure sect of Islam that would require men to wear burkas 24/7. That way, you could be dressed as a man or a woman underneath, and no one would know the difference. Yep, your friends will say, "there goes Burka Boy again!" and your neighbors will report your now suspicious comings and goings to the KGB -- I mean, DHS -- but only you will know the secret. They might suspect you of a lot of things, but cross-dressing won't be one of them. Unless you live in a heavily Muslim neighborhood.

OR... you could fake your own death. Once your friends and family have mourned your passing for a sufficient period of time, and forgotten about you, you'll be free to do as you please -- start your life anew, so to speak. You'll have to change your male appearance somewhat to avoid being recognized from beyond the grave, but that's nothing a little hair dye and facial reconstructive surgery can't fix. A quick trip to your local flea market where your local illegal aliens obtain their fake Social Security cards will net you a whole new identity for a couple Benjamins. Bonus: since your new SS number belongs to Joe Blow in Ohio, you no longer have to pay taxes.

Well, there you have three options. Whichever you choose, I wish you the best of luck, sirrah, and may your closet always be cozy! :hugs:

:rofl: :rofl:

cindym5_04
05-28-2009, 08:01 AM

That was like the best response EVER!!

Bethany38
05-28-2009, 09:20 AM
I agree w/ Lisa just tint the windows.

Sigrid Cutie
05-28-2009, 11:23 AM
i think the same as Lisa just tint the windows.
is cheaper and use the rest of the money you would end up spending in another car to go get some cute outfits ;)

Carly D.
05-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Well you nailed that one.. I have to drive as well.. on one of my little "sorties" I was in the town where I got gas at and trying to get the nerve to use a station I don't usually use (while dressed that is) and wasn't able to get the nerve to use it, though I drove past it at least a dozen times.. this could be cause for alarm from the lady working there (late at night) and might be a suspicious circumstances call to the police... the next day I'm down there and turn on a street and have a car right up my tail pipe and can't figure out what the f.. is up with this person.. and then I think what if the car was being watched even though I (my male self) wasn't the one driving it, that was Carly.. she's a paranoid driver and can't get gas at a station late at night unless there just is no body in the same hemisphere to bother her..

but beyond this I do think about being in a town and someone recognizing the car and not the driver, then later asking me who was driving the car..

SherriePall
05-28-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm with the disguise the car people. Hang some femme items from the rearview mirror when she is driving. Put stuffed animals up over the rear seats. In Pennsylvania we can put a femme license plate on the front of the car. I'm sure there are other tricks, too.

Maxi
05-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Buy a silver Hundai, There are so many on the road, you would have trouble picking it out in a parking lot. Just a thought.

Erica A.
05-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks MissConstrued and all. Great suggestions! But, I think I've solved the problem... :heehee: -Erica

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4750/popularmech.jpg (http://img4.imageshack.us/my.php?image=popularmech.jpg)

Brina Halloween
05-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Sadly, I have a car no one out of town has seen me drive, so I could do the different car. Just need to do a few repairs.

I think buying the second house with a 2 car attached garage on a couple acres would be sufficient with a second car. Drive in, use garage door opener, enter, close door...make pretty and leave in the other car. Don't get friendly with the neighbors, if you do chat, just say you travel a lot for work.

Brina

TommiTN
05-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Yup, I live in a smallish town, too, and have only one vehicle. I have taken some late night excursions and didn't worry too much about being recognized. But one night up on I-24 I'm pretty sure my former boss and/or his wife passed me. I recognized their SUV and they seemed to pace me side by side for longer than seems normal for one vehicle passing another, as if they were trying to determine who was driving my vehicle. I was dressed to the nines at the time. I drive a somewhat tricked out pickup that is recognizable as mine to anyone who knows what I drive. I have seen them several times since and they gave no indication they recognized me. Still, it kinda put the fear of God into me. I guess you could always say you loaned your car to your sister/GF/mom, whatever seems appropriate.

Carly D.
05-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Yup, I live in a smallish town, too, and have only one vehicle. I have taken some late night excursions and didn't worry too much about being recognized. But one night up on I-24 I'm pretty sure my former boss and/or his wife passed me. I recognized their SUV and they seemed to pace me side by side for longer than seems normal for one vehicle passing another, as if they were trying to determine who was driving my vehicle. I was dressed to the nines at the time. I drive a somewhat tricked out pickup that is recognizable as mine to anyone who knows what I drive. I have seen them several times since and they gave no indication they recognized me. Still, it kinda put the fear of God into me. I guess you could always say you loaned your car to your sister/GF/mom, whatever seems appropriate.

They probably thought "that guys got a FOX for a girlfriend.. hows he rate?"...

Jessica Who
05-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Wow, that's crazy! I suppose that you could probably rent a car whenever you need to drive en femme

Cary
05-28-2009, 06:27 PM
I agree! The cheapest and best option is tint the windows!

TommiTN
05-28-2009, 07:34 PM
They probably thought "that guys got a FOX for a girlfriend.. hows he rate?"...

Aww, thanks, Carly! You're such a dear!:o

Billie Renee
05-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Well u could always do what this one guy I saw. He rents a storage building and goes there to get his mercedes and leaves his mini van there when he goes out to meet his mistress. As far as I know his wife does not know about the other car . Just a thought.:2c:

nik12345
05-28-2009, 09:05 PM
*presses button* CAR CHANGES COLOR... voila!

Sally2005
05-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Thought about it mostly because what I drive is a stereotypical male vehicle, it is common enough though that if someone did see me they would probably not associate the vehicle to me. Test the theory on your neighbor's or friends car? Would you recognize it? If someone else was driving would you question it? Probably not, I think.

Oddlee
05-29-2009, 01:10 AM
in the end it may not matter. Thanks for the amusing topic.

I say it may not matter because...

I was at Portland's Japanese Garden, in drab, one day. Left mid-day and found a quiet place to change to femme and drive home. Of course, traffic was bad through the city, making me nervous. Once on the highway everything was fine, until I arrived at my condo. I have an unusual car, which my fellow condo dwellers recognize, and of course one of my neighbors was out emptying her trash. She waved, recognizing the car. I smiled and waved back (in wig, makeup, skirt, sweater, breastforms...) and pulled into my garage.

I don't know what she saw; we did make eye contact. I've seen her since, on numerous occasions. She's never asked about the incident...

Lee

Carol A
05-29-2009, 11:05 AM
We retired to the country and as usual everybody knows our truck. One afternoon my wife got a phone call from someone wanting to know who the woman was driving our truck and my wife's foot came down on going out anymore during the day. Thank the Lord the sun does go down :doh:

VeronicaMoonlit
05-29-2009, 11:18 AM
It is the 21st freeking century, it doesn't behoove us to talk about getting a second car for en femme purposes. Is more hiding and secrecy a good thing? Does it help the public to get to know us better to understand us better? I don't think so. Maybe it's time more people did things like this:

Store clerk: And who might these be for?

Us: For me, I'm transgendered.

Person: I saw a woman driving your car, who was it.

Us: That was me, I'm transgendered.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Veronica75
05-29-2009, 11:33 AM
It is the 21st freeking century, it doesn't behoove us to talk about getting a second car for en femme purposes. Is more hiding and secrecy a good thing? Does it help the public to get to know us better to understand us better? I don't think so. Maybe it's time more people did things like this:

Store clerk: And who might these be for?

Us: For me, I'm transgendered.

Person: I saw a woman driving your car, who was it.

Us: That was me, I'm transgendered.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

It would be great if everyone had the luxury to be so honest and open about CDing, but the truth is that many of us do not for a wide variety of reasons. So while "more hiding and secrecy" might not be good, in the aggregate, for acceptance of crossdressing in general, it can be absolutely vital for individuals to live their lives without devastating repurcussions. Not everybody can be up in the trenches, fighting for change. I salute those who are.

As far as cars, tinting can be a good idea, but most states have laws against front windows being too dark, so if you go that route make sure you get them legal (most places will tint as dark as you want whatever the laws). Also keep in mind that tinted front windows tend to draw added police scrutiny as a rule.

I have a very drab unisex car, but it does have some distinctive stuff on it-- magnets and license plate holders etc. When I went out, I made a point of removing or covering anything that might be easily identifiable.

5150 Girl
05-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Both my car (fox Mustang) and truck (F-150) stand out in a line up. Even among vehicals same year / model, even color.... But my town is big enough I don't commonly pass people I know on the road.
But, what I would recomend you do is find out what is the most common vehical, (and in what color) in your town. If I wanted to disapear, I'd get a mid 90's Pontiac Grand Prix in red. Those things are a dime a dozen around here.

joann07
05-29-2009, 11:57 PM
I live in a large metropolitan area and so I really don't have to worry about my cars being recognzied because there are others that look like mine.
I have 4 cars, but I drive primarily 2 of them when in femme.
It's fun driving around in my little sports cars and being checked out. Every once in a while I'll get a friendly honk. :D

Hugs!

Petra1
05-30-2009, 06:09 AM
It's even worse when you have vanity plates that are VERY easy to remember, like I do.

Cristi
05-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Until recently, my car was a pretty non-descript import. There were dozens in this town that looked exactly the same, so I don't think anybody would look at it pass by and say 'There goes ******'.

But then I put a bumper sticker on it. It is a fairly unique sticker. It was only afterward that I realized that I was no longer 'anonymous' in the car. If I were ever seen in the car, people would know it was me (or at least my car) as soon as they saw that sticker.

I also live on a long rural dead end road, so whenever I go out dressed I have to drive past dozens of my neighbors houses, all of whom know me and the car. This is always the most nervous part of the drive, since anybody in a car coming the other way would recognize me in the car.

I never feel comfortable until I am several miles away from the house.

It isn't as bad coming home, I usually just stop and remove my makeup, jewelry, etc before the final mile to my house. I'm still dressed, but look pretty male from the shoulders up.

Carly D.
05-30-2009, 05:11 PM
It's even worse when you have vanity plates that are VERY easy to remember, like I do.

My vanity plates:: CRSDRSR... not really, but that would answer a few questions...

Jenny J
05-30-2009, 05:57 PM
It is the 21st freeking century, it doesn't behoove us to talk about getting a second car for en femme purposes.

Great! I've spent half my yearly salary getting a nice fem wardrobe, now I've got to spend the other half on buying a non descript car for my en femme adventures!

I'm just going to say it's my crossdressing (non existing) brother :liar: that's in town for a TG conferance driving my car and leave it at that. :D

Jen

:rose2:

Little Julie
06-06-2009, 07:24 AM
I drive a Truck normally and when going out in fem for more than one night I like to rent a more girlish car makes the trip more fun. A lot of car rentals have cars fairly cheep. The Enterprise car rental by me gives a lower rate on friday night close to their closing time. I would like to have a small sedan just for Julie, and if I did, I think I would get one that blends in very well in the city. There are lots of people in my life still that coming out to would be difficult to handle, plus I really don't want to draw attention to myself when driving. I do like the idea of girl stuff in your car like stuffed animals or flowers hanging from the rear view mirror.

GaelicGurl
06-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Its i snot exclusively "femme" but yes, I have a bug just for the occasion!

Alice B
06-30-2009, 12:52 PM
For me the easy part is leaving the house. My car is garaged, so I simply get in, close the windows (tinted) then open the garage door. The bad part is that my license plate is personalized and is strongly identified with me. So, I have to be careful as to where I am before I open the windows to feel the wind in my hair and up my legs.

Miranda-E
06-30-2009, 01:00 PM
You could put all the energy channeled into hiding into standing up for yourself and your right to use your own car.

DanaR
06-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Tint the windows?

I'm with Lisa on this; which is what I've done. Another way would be to change license plates or cars more often, then your car wouldn't be as recognizable. Use tinted windows.

Carol A
06-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Yep that is the reason my wife doesn't want me going out anymore as someone called her and ask "who was that women driving your truck". :doh:

Teresa Ann
06-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Have been caught twice once in my pickup that has a custom paint job that is one of a kind my friend passed my but I did not see him until later that night when he stoped by the house he asked who was driving my truck and I said that I was, I asked him what time he said early this morning so I told him that it was some ckick that I met was out getting coffiee and donuts he said that I was lucky because she was good looking so I told him that when I saw her again I will tell her that.The other time was when I switched cars with my friend I thought that his car was non discrept so Teresa would do the driving, when I came back into town two women that my friend worked with drove up beside my having reconized Johns car but I made a quick left to get away let me tell you I had some splaining to do to get out of that one Thanks for listening Teresa

Bootsiegalore
06-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I have a RED Corvette. I drive my truck for work (a new F250 4x4) but everytime I have gone out as Tara I go in the Vette. I have not driven the Vette in man-mode (drab) in like 4 months!''

Yeah! Thats the ticket!

Tara

Leslie Langford
06-30-2009, 07:39 PM
...OR... you could fake your own death. Once your friends and family have mourned your passing for a sufficient period of time, and forgotten about you, you'll be free to do as you please -- start your life anew, so to speak. You'll have to change your male appearance somewhat to avoid being recognized from beyond the grave, but that's nothing a little hair dye and facial reconstructive surgery can't fix. A quick trip to your local flea market where your local illegal aliens obtain their fake Social Security cards will net you a whole new identity for a couple Benjamins. Bonus: since your new SS number belongs to Joe Blow in Ohio, you no longer have to pay taxes...

Good point - hey, it worked for Elvis, didn't it? I hear he's still working at the (insert here your local neighborhood's) 7-11 convenience store and continues to laugh his @ss off about the way he managed to fool all of us with his faked death.

Might even meet Michael Jackson there as well. A lot of similarities surrounding the two deaths, and Elvis was, after all, his father-in law once upon a time..

Just sayin'...:eek:

AKAMichelle
06-30-2009, 10:33 PM
I use to have personalized license plates. Before I went out in public, I switched the tags out for generic ones.

Now I don't care of someone sees the car. It blends in with everyone else.

CD Susan
07-01-2009, 02:16 AM

I have to disagree with this statement. First of all they are called personalized plates and not vanity plates! Vanity hasn't got anything to do with it! I have two vehicles with personalized plates and drive both of them regularly while dressed en femme. One of these vehicles is a 1968 Dodge Charger and the plate reads "CHARGER". the other vehicle is a 2005 Dodge Ram with the plate "PRO NRA". I am not afraid of being "found out" while driving my vehicles and don't give a damm who knows I am a cd. I know I am in the minority with this attitude and I am proud to feel this way. I am fortunate that I am in this situation and only wish others like us could be more open about it.