PDA

View Full Version : First time in makeup tonight

kynw08
05-28-2009, 02:56 AM
Had a GG friend go buy it for me. For a very much closeted CD with no privacy, this is amazing :D

Now if I could get hold of a wig I'd be rolling :D

Sarah_new
05-28-2009, 03:17 AM
Having only recently started with make up, I agree it is fun. As for a wig, well like you that is my next step.

kynw08
05-28-2009, 03:45 AM
woops almost got caught to. Mom has figured out there's something I do I don't want her to know about. Might be time to hide things......

Katheryn
05-28-2009, 06:16 AM
Now if I could get hold of a wig I'd be rolling :D

Many wig shops have private rooms for fittings. Some women who have lost their hair don't want to be trying on wigs in semi-public areas like a main room. Also, they know about the CD trade. Call a wig shop in another city, ask if they have private fitting rooms. You're an anonymous voice on the phone.

Kate

Midnight Skye
05-28-2009, 09:06 AM
woops almost got caught to. Mom has figured out there's something I do I don't want her to know about. Might be time to hide things......

This MIGHT sound like awful advice, but after you get more comfortable yourself. I would tell your mother. From my teenage years when I was early in going through all of this it was the number thing I regret... not telling my mother. Now I realize she would have been sooooo very helpful in helping me figuring all of this out to some extent. This partially assumes your mother is an accepting person... but I think most mothers are.

jennifer easton
05-28-2009, 09:21 AM
might be the time to tell things, you know her best, can't tell ya what to do, but this may be the time, you may be the daughter she's always wanted, so feel her out, if theres a chance!, growing up with acceptance is something I missed out on Jennifer

kynw08
05-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Ummmm....

Hard to explain with mom. I think she would not freak to badly(since I admitted I did it in HS, but told her I stopped, I've got a feel on that anyway), but it would make things more tense. She is all I have left, dad has been in his grave many long years now, and I don't want to even remotely risk damaging our relationship. I'm not the most tightly strung person mentally(was, at a time, so OCD I couldn't drive a car), and I can't afford to drive that wedge and loose the last anchors I have. She knows something is up though, we're just gonna rock along and see if she figures it out.

The other Xfactor is my grandmother. This is technically her house we live in(I grew up in). She is the most contrary, homophobic, and often times mean spirited, person i've met in a long time. I'm not necessarily gay(I've had my curiousity thoughts same as 99% of people who are being honest), but she lumps all GLBT, including hetero-CD's, together. We had a screaming match about that last night in fact, I got fed up wiht the constant ragging on various people and told her off. I'm afraid if SHE finds out, she'll throw me the hell out.

This just isn't the right time to tell anyone. I'M not 100% comfortable with all this yet, I'm leaving the country for three months a month from tomorrow, it's just a bad time..

Someday I will be honest and tell mom. That day just is not today. I know this forum promotes being "out and open", but trust me this one time, it's not in the cards YET. I've made huge strides in the last six months or so, from not allowing myself to dress to learning to do my own makeup, I'm just not to that "phase" yet.

:D