PDA

View Full Version : Wearing Nylons in Drab Mode

SandieAE
05-28-2009, 07:11 AM
I have been wearing nylons daily for the past 2 years or so but do not have the courage to wear them around family and friends in drab mode. Has anyone else done this in the past? How did your family or friends react?

Sandie

cindyscute
05-28-2009, 07:17 AM
I have worn pantyhose in drab mode mostly under my girls jeans and no one is the wiser. So there were no reactions. It was just my little secret. Kinda like when a girl wears some sexy underwear and only she knows about it.:battingeyelashes:

Try it you may really enjoy it :)

Charleen
05-28-2009, 07:55 AM
When I'm at work I am in boots, womens of course, and I always wear knee-highs with them.

Jennifer_Ph
05-28-2009, 08:09 AM
There is a great forum on this topic Legwear As Unisex Fashion (http://forums.delphiforums.com/LegwearUF/start)

I've been wearing pantyhose openly with shorts for almost 20 years in front of anyone and everyone. After all, Activskin (http://www.activskin.com) makes hosiery for men.

To be honest, I've never really had a bad reaction from folks. Usually women tell me I have nicer legs than they do, and I just tell them that maybe if the bare leg trend wasn't so huge they'd have nicer looking legs too. <grin>

Jeanne Hamilton
05-28-2009, 08:09 AM
If the nylons are close to the color of your flesh they should not be noticed. If you cover them with socks and your trousers ride up, that color will provide camouflage. If you wear stockings with a garterbelt, be careful of the hooks making an outline through your trousers. Pantyhose would be safer. Good luck with this adventure.

daviolin
05-28-2009, 08:29 AM
Ever since I came out to my wife I always wear pantyhose. She was the only one I cared about busting me. Everyone else, well learn to live with it:tongueoutDaviolin

Carly D.
05-28-2009, 12:33 PM
I wore pantyhose or tights under my jeans many times around my family.. they didn't know then and still don't have a clue when I do it.. or maybe they do and don't care.. likely the prior though.. pantyhose or tights and panties under them is the easiest thing to wear and get away with.. it's like wearing panties only.. unless you tell nobody knows.. try a bra next time.. unless you have the right bra it will show.. this is a sign of bravery, or stupidity. I'm not sure which..

Phyliss
05-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Been wearing stockings everyday for the last 4 or 5 years. Aside from my gym socks, ( which are ladies anyhow ) I don't think I own anything other than stockings. Guess I'd either have to breakdown and spend money or go (shudder) bare legged if I didn't want to wear stockings, :eek:

Maxi
05-28-2009, 02:41 PM
I spent 2 years wearing knee braces, and always had nylons on to prevent the braces from leaving welts on the back of my knees. Nobody at work ever had a clue.

Miranda09
05-28-2009, 02:44 PM
I wear pantyhose on occasion under my male clothes. No one knows as I always have my socks on. Actually I've gotten more accustomed to doing this since I need to wear compression pantyhose. I've told people about this and since it's related to a medical condition (varicose veins), no problems!

Karren H
05-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Around my wife and family? Only if I had a death wish..

melisss2u
05-28-2009, 04:10 PM
wear knee highs regulaly under my pants usually covered by socks

even at home no one notices

CharlotteW
05-28-2009, 04:29 PM
I regularly wear nude stockings under 3/4 length pants in and out of the house. My 11 year old daughter once asked if I was wearing tights, I replied "your mum bought them for me, anyway you asked me to wear them last week" (she really did). This may sound a little strange but I do her make-up for school disco's and choose clothes and shoes for her and she loves the situation. I think the boys may have noticed but they never say anything about it. It's the total lack of body hair that is more noticable.

Carly D.
05-28-2009, 05:43 PM
I wear pantyhose on occasion under my male clothes. No one knows as I always have my socks on. Actually I've gotten more accustomed to doing this since I need to wear compression pantyhose. I've told people about this and since it's related to a medical condition (varicose veins), no problems!

That's what I would tell anyone (fact or not, actually total B.S.).. I would tell anyone that the reason I wear heels is because they help keep spurs away from my heels (bone spurs) and pantyhose would be because of circulation problems.. a bra because of posture, you know?? a bra keeps you standing up right.. pantyhose keeps your legs from cramping and the heels, well hell yeah they keep your feet from growing those dreaded bone spurs.. I say this with all sincerity, I DON'T HAVE HEEL SPURS.. and I've worn heels fairly often for the past nearly twenty years.. don't know if that is clinical proof of that but..

patricia 402
05-28-2009, 05:56 PM
if im not at work im wearing my thigh hies and ankle braclet at all times just makes me feel more of a women thats a great feeling:battingeyelashes:

Annamarie B
05-28-2009, 06:17 PM
I always wear panties and stockings while en drab and shopping for more femme things. Maybe even a cami and/or garter belt underneath as well if the mood strikes me. It's a luscious naughty little secret!

WandaRae2009
05-28-2009, 06:42 PM
I wear them almost daily. The feeling is great. And as a benefit, when doing yard work I wear Sheer Energy or other support hose, and my legs don't get as sore and tired

Jenniferritchie
05-28-2009, 08:23 PM
You mean there are people who dont do this, why go out half dressed ???
Since i grew up to be a big girl i have been doing just this and not just tights i wear the lot under my drab:heehee:

joann07
05-28-2009, 09:49 PM
I do it all the time and none of my friends, family, or co-workers has ever noticed.
I typically wear pantyhose under my pants and jeans and I wear them with loafers without socks.
I don't try to hide it and just go about my business.

Hugs!

trannie T
05-28-2009, 10:08 PM
I wear pantyhose under my pants throughout the winter. They are warm. They are not as bulky as thermal underwear. They are comfortable.

anna kate
05-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Panty hose or thigh high, all day every day, work or play. Don't remember how long, never heard anybody say anything. They are good support, especially if you drive a lot. Ask a truck driver some time!

sissyhose
05-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Been wearing nylons for about 45yrs the last three year 24/7 and just wait for my day off wear hose all the time in public I have one lady friend that know about she the the one to go in public and she wear hose with shorts to I can not explain the feeling just wonderfull

Katrina
05-29-2009, 04:29 AM
That's what I would tell anyone (fact or not, actually total B.S.).. I would tell anyone that the reason I wear heels is because they help keep spurs away from my heels (bone spurs) and pantyhose would be because of circulation problems.. a bra because of posture, you know?? a bra keeps you standing up right.. pantyhose keeps your legs from cramping and the heels, well hell yeah they keep your feet from growing those dreaded bone spurs.. I say this with all sincerity, I DON'T HAVE HEEL SPURS.. and I've worn heels fairly often for the past nearly twenty years.. don't know if that is clinical proof of that but..

That's great! And don't forget that lip gloss is good for chapped lips too! Now we just need an excuse for long shiny fingernails, and I personally need an excuse for eyeliner and eye shadow. Hmmm...how about, the eye makeup is a topical antibiotic for some infection I have...yeah...that's the ticket!

cindyscute
05-29-2009, 07:37 AM
That's great! And don't forget that lip gloss is good for chapped lips too! Now we just need an excuse for long shiny fingernails, and I personally need an excuse for eyeliner and eye shadow. Hmmm...how about, the eye makeup is a topical antibiotic for some infection I have...yeah...that's the ticket!

We could label it PCDD (pretty cross dressing disease) With all those crazy medical terms like that today it would totally be accepted. :heehee:

Carly D.
05-29-2009, 10:57 AM

I didn't want to make lite the fact that you have varicose veins I was just stating that I wanted to make some BS (true sounding) excuse for my wearing if ever asked.. as far as wearing nail polish, as someone asked, believe it or not my mom told me her dad wore nail polish on his fingers to keep from getting hang nails, and so I did this with the clear type of nail polish.. don't know if it works but my nails looked good..

Alice B
05-29-2009, 02:18 PM
When the weather is cool enough I wear thigh highs under my pants a lot, including to play golf. When I am able to dress at home I usually wear them, including to bed while wearing a nightie. I love the feel and my wife accepts this and says nothing.

SandieAE
05-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks for all the great feedback. I can see that I am not the only one who has this burning desire to be accepted waering nylons instead of socks.

I guess my biggest concern is when I visit with my children and grandchildren and have to take my shoes off when in the house. I'm not sure that everyone would understand why Grandad is wearing nylons.

My wife would probably have a fit as well. She won't even let me go out wearing my earrings as she might run into someone she knows. She doesn't seem to have a problem when it is just the 2 of us. So I guess it will have to be hide the nylons whenever the family comes to visit or put on socks when I go visiting. Other than that I wear knee-hi's every day.

Sandie

Ellen James
05-30-2009, 06:02 PM
I actually underdressed for a whole day recently for the first time - panties and pantyhose under slacks (I chickened out and wore socks to allow for a more relaxed enjoyment of the sensation). :) I enjoyed the experience - though it was a warm enough day I understand why GGs usually abandon pantyhose in summer. :doh:

Veronica 1
05-30-2009, 06:25 PM
I have been wearing garters and stockings for the past 6-7 months 24/7 and no one has commented on the clasp bumps on my legs that are so obvious to me. These are worn under tight fitting low rise womens jeans.