PDA

View Full Version : Big things this weekend and an event in Central FL!

KristiMartin
05-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Holy moly! Where do I begin... I told my wife about me before we got married, and she's been very accepting of me, but hasn't met "Kristi" yet, and has only seen pics. She's been great with shopping, makeup tips, and general advice.

To be honest though, in the 4 years we've been married, I really hadn't had much of an urge to dress as I had let myself get up to over 300 pounds. I'm now down into the 240's again since this past Nov when I was at my highest.

One thing I didn't anticipate was that along with my slimmer self came Kristi, knocking on the mental door and looking for a bit of sunlight. So I've been dressing off and on for the last few months, working on my makeup skills, and enjoying a bit of relaxing girly time once a month or so when I have a free night.

Then Joann had to go and make that post about their Tri-Ess chapter outing and before I knew it, it looks like I'm rushing Tri-Beta this weekend! I have an interview with two of their members and I'm even going to the Tropical Escape (http://www.tropicalescapefl.com) event this Sat night in Clearwater, FL! I told my wife about it and she was really positive about me going to it and having a good time there!:eek:

When I told her about my wanting to join the local Tri-Ess group, she naturally had a lot of questions (how often will I be dressing now, what are my plans in the future, etc...) but she has been great, we had a wonderful talk about our concerns and such, and when she heard that the theme for the next Tri-Ess meeting in June was Prom, she got really excited. That's just one of the million reasons why I love my wife so very much.:worship:

I've only been out a couple of times en-femme before, so the butterflies are definitely circling in my stomach, but I'm ready for a really fun Saturday! Are any other local girls going to be at the event?

Now I just need to find the right outfit, although my wife has a skirt I've been dying to borrow!:D

sterling12
05-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Congrats Kristi! I didn't get The Word back yet on your interview, but apparently everything went well. I think a bunch of us are going to be there for Tropical Escape II; I just know that your going to have a heck of a time.

Remember, relax and take a deep breath,. Try to focus on remembering everything, as you only get one "first time!" You are going to see that The World is filled with Wonderful New Adventures. You have gone just a little further down that road of Self-Acceptance.

And now, you can be a back-up on reporting all that crazy stuff that Joann and I talk about is absolutely true. I have been told that there are people who think we are "fabricating" or embellishing a lot of the stuff that happens to us. You can let them know, "Tis' all true!" I'll see you Saturday.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Angie G
05-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Good job on slimming down Kristi. Enjoy your Meetings.:hugs:
Angie

KristiMartin
05-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Hiya, Joanie! I may have mis-typed that. My wife and I are meeting with Carolann and Babs for lunch this coming Sat to do my Tri-Beta interview and then I'll be at the Tropical Escape event that night. I look forward to meeting you and the other girls!

Angie

Thanks so much, Angie!:)

sterling12
05-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Hiya, Joanie! I may have mis-typed that. My wife and I are meeting with Carolann and Babs for lunch this coming Sat to do my Tri-Beta interview and then I'll be at the Tropical Escape event that night. I look forward to meeting you and the other girls!

No problem Kristi. I know you two will do just fine on The Interview, and we will see you Saturday Evening.

Peace and Love, Joanie

DonnaT
05-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Angie

:iagree: I know how you must feel, too, as I've gone from 286lbs to 246lbs since Aug. last

Am I assuming correctly that your wife is going to "Prom" with you?

KristiMartin
05-28-2009, 03:41 PM
:iagree: I know how you must feel, too, as I've gone from 286lbs to 246lbs since Aug. last

Am I assuming correctly that your wife is going to "Prom" with you?

Congrats on your weight loss, Donna!

As for the prom, my wife would love to go, but can't make it that night, sadly.

Oh, and I forgot about Joanie's reply above regarding the crazy things that happen, I will definitely be happy to be an un-biased *snicker* reporter of events. ;) Of course, if I"m involved in any future crazy antics, I fully disavow all knowledge in protection of my fellow sisters. Unless it was really epic. And there happened to be cameras. :D