PDA

View Full Version : Do Most Crossdressers Want To Be Female?

Georgina
05-28-2009, 06:12 PM
I have not visited here for a long time and I apologize if this question has already been asked. The question abviously is directed at crossdressers who wear female clothes. I ask because I wear skirts and dresses but do not want to be female. I consider that guys should have the option to wear the same clothes as girls without any stigma attached.

Jessica Who
05-28-2009, 06:37 PM
I know that I don't want to be female, but there are crossdressers and others who in fact do. I really can't find any exact statistics.

Dragster
05-28-2009, 06:47 PM
I also wear "women's" clothes, but there's no way I want to be female. It's a man's world, and I enjoy that way too much. I also enjoy being a husband/father/grandfather!

Tony

Aprilsunshine
05-28-2009, 06:50 PM
the thought has definitely crossed my mind. but I'm happy to be a girl only some of the time. mainly because I'm interested in women and I'd like to have kids one day.

WandaRae2009
05-28-2009, 06:51 PM
I have no desire to transistion. I have thought about it by I enjoy too many MAN things to give it up. It would also end my marraige, and that is just too important to me

Joni Marie Cruz
05-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Hi Georgina-

Interesting question. Speaking only for myself, the answer is no, not necessarily. Perhaps it depends on exactly what you mean by wanting to "be" a female. Do I oftentimes wish I had been born a girl? Yes, it would fit more with how I feel myself to be as a person. When I dress I want to be as feminine as possible given what I have to work with body and looks wise, but I don't think that I am a woman when I dress. There is a difference, a very profound one, between being CD and being TS.

And I very much agree with you that we, anyone, should have the freedom to choose our appearance whether that means a guy putting on a dress or a woman wearing mens' jeans or dressing up as a 10th Century Viking if that's your thing.

Hugs...Joni Marie

TGMarla
05-28-2009, 07:28 PM
There's a significant part of me that really wishes I were female. It is always there, and never goes away. Some days the its voice is very loud, and on other days, it is much quieter. However, there is also a part of me that is fine the way I am. That part always reminds me that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. If that fence is enclosing a pasture, it might well have green grass, but it may also have lots of cow pies.

So I guess the answer, as it pertains to me, is both yes and no.

karen_75cd
05-28-2009, 07:31 PM
But a desire to be feminine--pretty, girly, however you want to put it. I think the effort in being feminine despite your gender is what makes a cd interesting to begin with.

Samantha43
05-28-2009, 07:33 PM
No, I enjoy being a man too much. I just have an unusual hobby.....

Dressing Jill
05-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Wow how do I say this correctly. I am both female an male just in one body with the male parts. I enjoy being both. I can use the female or male sides when I need to. But mostly it is blended together as one person. Of course I don't go out in feminine. I live in east Texas and they are about 30 years behind. I do wear mascara everyday and have acrylic nails that are 1/4" past the ends of my fingers. No one has ever said anything to me about either. So I am female and Yes I am male. I am that that I am

LisaM
05-28-2009, 08:22 PM
I am surprised by the results so far (but I shouldn't be given this board is named crossdressers.com). There hasn't been a day in my life that I haven't wanted to be female. I have no second doubts, no ambiguity. I have always wanted to be female and I have to deal with that every single day, and,sadly, most every single moment in every day. I guess I consider myself a genetic mistake.

alexis GG
05-28-2009, 08:25 PM
You dont say whether this is a CD only reply thread so i will take this opportunity to reply and say that my SO does definately not want to be a female.... he just likes to dress to de-stress and nothing more

TJ Tresa
05-28-2009, 08:35 PM
How to answer, hummm. Let's see. first let me say that I love my wife and I love making love to her. I can't imaginge having sex with another man so in that perspective I would have to say that No I definately would not want to be female. Now on the flip side of this coin I dress because I like the feel of women's clothing, from the panites and bras to shiny shoes and dresses. However I do sometimes wonder what it would be like to experience a period, you know that women go through this thing every month and I would like to know first hand just how it feels. I fond myself wondering what it would feel like to have a baby kick inside of you, to breast feed. things of this nature that we guys even if were to transistion coud never experience.
So to answer your question - No I don't want to be a female I love to make love to my wife. But I do enjoy being her gril friend.

Paula Wilder
05-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Been wanting it more each year - but like the Rolling Stones say: "you can't always get what you want".... :sad:

Miranda09
05-28-2009, 08:40 PM
An interesting question with a variety of answers. For me, I don't necessarily want to be a woman, even tho I love dressing as one and feeling as femine as possible, as I enjoy being a male as well. However, with that said, I would love to experience what it would be like to be a woman for a period of time, say 1 or 2 months. I think it would be an eye opening experience in my understanding of women. :)

Babette
05-28-2009, 08:46 PM
I guess we can all dream about a lot of things. Borrowing from the old cliché, I really don't want to wish my life away. I have so many good things to be thankful for as this brings contentment with my reality. As Tony/Dragster stated, I enjoy being a husband and a father. Besides, cross dressing is just too much fun.

Babette

Joanie
05-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Only for a day every now and then so I could go out and about, something I can't do when dressed as I am too shy and fear discovery. But, really no more than a woman who enjoys wearing men's pants would want to be a man. I am a married man who has never wanted sex with a man so no way!

Joy Carter
05-28-2009, 08:48 PM
I'd trade sides in a minute. :battingeyelashes:

nik12345
05-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Does anybody have any rough numbers on how many start off as CD and eventually wind up going all the way? That'd be sooo interesting to look at!

Veronica75
05-28-2009, 09:13 PM
There was a time when I would have leaned heavily toward "yes", but that's long passed. Now it is a definite "no". For all the reasons already stated: My family, my man lifestyle, etc.

Also, most of the time I'm in man-mode I dress toward the sloppy side when I can, and the only time I lavish attention on my appearance is for VERY special events, or when I'm crossdressing. If I were a girl, I'd either schlep around all the time in sweats like so many girls do these days which would be a waste of potential fabulousness, or worry about how I look all the time which would be more than I can handle on top of a busy life. So since I only girly up occasionally anyway, I may as well enjoy being a man the rest of the time.

But as Miranda said, if there was some way to be a gg for some finite period and go back to being male, I'd pay any price to experience that.

Jonianne
05-28-2009, 09:15 PM
There's a significant part of me that really wishes I were female. It is always there, and never goes away. Some days the its voice is very loud, and on other days, it is much quieter. However, there is also a part of me that is fine the way I am. That part always reminds me that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. If that fence is enclosing a pasture, it might well have green grass, but it may also have lots of cow pies.

So I guess the answer, as it pertains to me, is both yes and no.

:iagree: Marla, you expressed pretty much how I feel. There is a part of me that would love to be female, but I am OK accepting myself as a male.

Christina Horton
05-28-2009, 09:19 PM
first I am not gay second no I do not want to get a sex change. If they could make someone female so they could give birth to a child of there own DNA then I might want to. That would be the only way I might do it. And if I missed beening a guy I could just crossdress. LOL. That's my :2c: worth.

TSchapes
05-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Does anybody have any rough numbers on how many start off as CD and eventually wind up going all the way? That'd be sooo interesting to look at!

that if you were a CD that you would never become TS, but we know that is not the case. I believe the number of CD's that transition are a small minority.

As for me, if I were 22 today and single? I'd probably already be on hormones. But, I have chosen another path and I'm fine with that. At 55 and knowing what others have gone through to transition, it would be too much for me to handle. Unlike others here, I see no advantage to being male.

-Tracy

Melinda G
05-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Absolutely not! Just queen for a day.:D
Enjoying the best of both worlds. Have you seen what happens to women when they get old?:doh:

Andie
05-28-2009, 09:54 PM
No I like being a man just fine. I also just like to enjoy the finner things in life also.

cara
05-28-2009, 09:59 PM
*Just because you want to transition into a female doesn't mean that you necessarily have to have sex with men.

*Also, every TS was a crossdresser at one time.
Cara

Super Amanda
05-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Back several years ago, I was too deep in denial to admit to myself that, yes, I do wish I was a female. I also believed myself to be a crossdresser at that time.

I hate being a boy, and at this point it's a been a huge relief to come out because I feel like I don't have to try to compete with the boys anymore.Do I think I am a female? No. I know I'm not a female. I know I am transgendered, and I want to live all the time as a female. So I know I am going to transition now.

I heard on this site before a joke. I don't know where it originated or if I'm saying it right, but here it goes.

"Whats the difference between a crossdresser and a trannie? About two years!"

julie w
05-28-2009, 10:20 PM
I have been fighting myself my whole life I come from a family of girls and
have always felt I should have been one , but I have great kids and family
that I dont want to give up , so as someone aleady said you cant always
get what you want

Sally2005
05-28-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm not sure how to word it, but sometime I feel female and other times I feel male. I don't want to be female, but I enjoy dressing sometimes to satisfy those feelings.

Karren H
05-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Some days I think it would be nice.... but then again I'm way to friggin lazy to have to get prettied up and do makeup every day so in reality... Hell No!!

hjt101
05-28-2009, 10:39 PM
I have been fighting those feelings for years. As a kid growing up, I felt I wanted to be a girl. I grew out is that, but it does come back to me, more often recently. I have gone to see the gender councillor at the local health unit an have a few followups scheduled.

I feel better wearing some womens clothes. I wear womens jeans regularly. I have a few pairs of boot I wear out often, with lower heels. (My little secret, shhh). I do dress up often at home.

So to answer the question, I do want to be female, but I think I can survive as male if needed.

Lorileah
05-28-2009, 10:43 PM
nope, that boat sailed 30 years ago. Soon enough I will probably look androgynous anyway.

Tanya C
05-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Even if I became female I would probably still be a crossdresser, so that means I would be dressing as a guy part of the time. (and hoping I could pass)
I think it would be a lot easier to leave things the way they are.

Transgenderly yours,

Tanya

Katrina26cd
05-28-2009, 11:20 PM
No

I don't even care if I dress in all fem. I like to wear makeup sometimes because it makes my skin look better and I am big on wearing womens shoes and having painted toenails.

I am constantly trying things to see what kind of reaction it gets.

Today I wore some White wedge heels to Walmart with shorts on.

2 weekends ago I put on fake nails and went out with them in guy mode.

Kate Lynn
05-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Not really,I like myself just the way I am.

Greymancd
05-28-2009, 11:26 PM
No I like being a guy and my guy parts. I just like being a woman once in a while and trying to pull it off. I just want to enjoy both.

TrekGirl1701
05-28-2009, 11:30 PM
For years I thought that I didn't. I thought that it was just about the clothes for me. But I've been thinking about it and my personality, my interests, etc. would generally be classified as female. And I just realized that all this time I'd been trying too hard to fit in with my fellow males instead of being true to myself.

To answer the question: Yes, I'd love to be a female. In fact I'm going to be completely honest and say that I should have been born female. Thinking back about my childhood and teenage years, I know now that things would be a lot different for me, much better for me, had I been born a girl. I would've been more social, had a better grasp on my life and would be an overall better person. The confusion over my gender through all of these years has done some damage, I believe, to my way of thinking.

VeronicaMoonlit
05-28-2009, 11:31 PM
I heard on this site before a joke. I don't know where it originated or if I'm saying it right, but here it goes.

"Whats the difference between a crossdresser and a trannie? About two years!"

It usually goes:

"Whats the difference between a crossdresser and a transsexual? About 3 years."

The joke used to say 5 years, but people are figuring things out quicker and fast-tracking transitions these days.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Empress Lainie
05-28-2009, 11:36 PM
*Just because you want to transition into a female doesn't mean that you necessarily have to have sex with men.

Cara

Funny thing, this girl was never a crossdresser, never had any thoughts about. But BAM SHAZAM the day of enlightenment, ephiphany, I began living female 24/7.

I hate having anything male associated with me after 2 years. I know I am the only one on this thread with that opinion. But this is really more a CD thread than a TS thread, so if I offended you by posting in it, I'm sorry, but I thought maybe at least one person should state the opposite viewpoint.

And believe me, I am all for the CD's being able to live the way the want to and be able to go out in public unmolested. I wish we lived in a more perfect world.

Uh one other, I don't want sex with men, just like to flirt with them. I am truly a lesbian.

sissystephanie
05-28-2009, 11:50 PM
I thought I had posted on a thread similar to this not too long ago? Well, maybe not!

Anyway, my answer long ago was a loud NO and it still is the same. Sure, I love to wear pretty feminine clothing!! But underneath the silk, lace, and satin is a male body! I am proud to be a male, just as I am proud to be called a Crossdresser! My dear late wife liked it that way, and so does my GGF in Scotland. I don't even care to look like a female, I just want to dress like one!

ReineD
05-28-2009, 11:51 PM

There was a GG here (I won't mention names) whose husband told her a few years ago that he wanted to transition. He had not CDed before. It was not about the clothes for him. I remember talking to this GG. She had been angry at first, but finally accepted. She planned on staying the course. To her, it would have been worse to live with a person who switches back and forth. :eek:

I'll speak for my SO as well, since she is away right now. He has no desire to transition. He enjoys being a guy. He knows he is a guy even when she is dressed. But, he wishes he could switch back and forth at will, breasts and all if he could.
:hugs:

Lisa Golightly
05-29-2009, 12:28 AM
There was a GG here (I won't mention names) whose husband told her a few years ago that he wanted to transition. He had not CDed before. It was not about the clothes for him.

Indeed... for me at least the clothes were part of my fabricated denial about who and what I was... Just like the photographs were... Pretending to be a crossdresser thinking the deeper truth could be denied...

JackieInPA
05-29-2009, 12:43 AM
Well for me i have wished i was a girl since i was first able to understand the difference. Transitioning is not an option for me, because after all is said and done, I would still be a boy. If they came out with a super science solution that really made you female, i'd do my damndest to get it.

CDTiffany
05-29-2009, 02:07 AM
You would have to start a poll!~

Me, no!

Tiffany

Sheila
05-29-2009, 03:23 AM
Enjoying the best of both worlds. Have you seen what happens to women when they get old?:doh:

Yeah they usually end up with grumpy, pot bellied lazy old men :tongueout:tongueout

Deborah Jane
05-29-2009, 03:25 AM
Have you seen what happens to women when they get old?:doh:

Have you seen what happens to everybody when they get old?
It's a process that happens to all species, not just humans.........Jeeze, i can't even believe i took the time to explain that to you!!

As for the original question which was...

"Do most crossdressers want to be female?"

Sometimes i want to be female, but as i'm quite happy as a guy, why bother?

Bobbi Em
05-29-2009, 03:46 AM
Simple answer? No!

Cross dressing is a part of who/what I am, but even if I could go 24/7, I have no desire to actually BE a woman, but have nothing but the deepest respect and LUV for those who are truly Transgendered.

Bobbi

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-29-2009, 03:51 AM
Do Most Crossdressers Want To Be Female?

No. I think only a small percentage of crossdressers actually desire SRS.

I wrote about this myth and cliche in depth on myCDlife.com here (http://www.mycdlife.com/2009/05/crossdressing-myth-2-they-want-a-sex-change).

Different people crossdress for different reasons. Some crossdress to express their feminine side. Some crossdress because they truly are feminine, period, and long to be female. And of course, there are many, many variations in between.

Sarah_new
05-29-2009, 04:01 AM
No, I don't want to be a girl.

However I do enjoy dressing as one at times, and maybe one day I'll complete the full look with make-up wig etc, but that will be to get the look as best as I can.

Will I ever venture out fully dressed? That depends upon how good I get the full look. I do venture out underdressed and wearing fem trousers, but still I don't want to be a girl.

noeleena
05-29-2009, 04:02 AM
Hi...I did not dress as such .. nor a. t s . just a andro who is a woman 11 years liveing as one ..& loveing it ....& yes i have a male back ground .. thats a part of who i am as well......a mix if you like .....& happy with that ,.
...noeleena...

Anna the Dub
05-29-2009, 04:14 AM
Do I want to be female? Absolutely, with every fibre of my being. I used to identify as a CDer, but I was really just papering over the cracks until I finally admitted to myself what I had really known all my life. As for clothes, well to be honest I really couldn't care less about them, they are just not important. That's not to say I don't like wearing nice things, I do, but I don't get all dressed up all the time, I am quite happy wearing a nice pair of jeans with a top.

Nicki B
05-29-2009, 05:34 AM
There is more than either/or possible... :)

Think outside these limits?

DeeJayGray001
05-29-2009, 05:42 AM
Well i seem to be going threw a crisis. I love dressing as a gurl and going out with friends dressed. I have made so many new friends, both CD's and guys. And know i find myself getting into a relationship with a guy who loves me as both the guy and gurl that i am.

Raychel
05-29-2009, 05:53 AM
Not for me, No reason to be female, It would take all the fun out of crossdressing. I like being me, mostly.

Suzy Harrison
05-29-2009, 08:58 AM
You can change over time

I thought I'd NEVER want to transition - but now I need it so badly.

Dana Lane
05-29-2009, 09:49 AM
I wish I was born a female. And yes, I do wish I were a female.

cindym5_04
05-29-2009, 09:52 AM
If I wanted to be totally female, my wife would be SOOO pissed!!! lol

In all actuality, there are times that I think it would be nice and sometimes a little easier to be female. I'm sure there are women that could say the same thing about being male. While I don't wish to be female full-time, I enjoy the times that I do dress/present as one.

DianneRoberts
05-29-2009, 09:53 AM
I need to be a camelion (sp?).
I wish I could be 100% Female 80% of the time, but I HAVE to be male 20% of the time.

Back to the automotive analogy.

I want to drive a Lamborghini 80% of the time, but need a pick-up truck 20%.

AmySamantha
05-29-2009, 09:53 AM
I guess sometimes I do. I get jealous seeing women in skirts and dresses, especially in summer...

Carly D.
05-29-2009, 10:48 AM
I did want to be female when I was younger (my twenties) but now I'm happy to be a guy who wears womens clothing..

Sigrid Cutie
05-29-2009, 11:02 AM
well i've always wanted to be female, but i went all my life as male, but now i'm realdy to transition, and i'm very happy with my desition.

ReineD
05-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Indeed... for me at least the clothes were part of my fabricated denial about who and what I was... Just like the photographs were... Pretending to be a crossdresser thinking the deeper truth could be denied...

Absolutely! At one point the general thought was that TSs knew from childhood they were born in the wrong body, and there was a sharp divide between CD & TS. This is no longer believed. My SO found an article or research that suggests at least 1 in 10 CDers are TSs in denial. I wish I could cite the source but unfortunately I do not know where to find it.
:hugs:

Amy Lynn3
05-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Nope, not for me. I like being a man, unless I'm dressed as a woman.

sherib
05-29-2009, 01:02 PM
Many years ago I did, but now that need has gone. Now I being a male that like to dress in womens clothes.

Tal'Aura
05-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Oh yes, I want to be a female more than anything else in this world. I truly hate every second of my life spent in male mode. This is no life at all for me. I am too miserable to live, and too stubborn to die. What a damnation is this...

Jolan Tru

Alice B
05-29-2009, 02:00 PM
I truly like my duel role. When dressed I want to be the best female I can be, but I also love the male I am and my wife would never accept me in a total female role.

Ralph
05-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Are we having this conversation again, so soon? Didn't we just have this discussion? (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108139)

For the OP who is new and wasn't around last week... no. I don't want to become a woman. I don't consider myself a woman (or a "girl"). I don't want to look like a woman - no shaving, no forms, no wigs, no makeup. I don't want to be treated as a woman, and I don't want people to think of me as a woman.

ralph

phoebe61
05-29-2009, 03:38 PM
In adult life when i first admited to my self + my wife i wes a crossdresser 3-4 years ago the answer would have being no.:daydreaming:
BUT as time has gone by and me thinking recolecting ect yes i would have liked have being born female/ lesbian fem female but due to circumstances
i woudnt cange things, as i have a wife and not alot of money so id love to be female but can't :doh:
love donna uk.

FluffyPersian
05-29-2009, 06:01 PM
The question abviously is directed at crossdressers who wear female clothes. I

I'm pretty sure that's most of 'em.

nik12345
05-29-2009, 06:10 PM
you can get away with being a lazy slob as a guy, but you certainly can't dress cute... Sometimes you roll out of bed and are thrilled you can throw a tshirt on and stumble out the door. There is something lost on wearing white tshirts though!

Kelli Ann
05-29-2009, 06:13 PM
I am so glad I was born a male simply because of female problems such as having a period once a month and bitchy attitudes.

Come on guys, why would you want a period once a month.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either 100% female with period or remain a guy.

That is cheating.

Joanne Curl
05-29-2009, 06:21 PM
I wish I could switch back and forth. I love being a husband and father and can't give that up. That being said however, I'd also love to have real breasts, not have all of the fur on my body and be a real woman. Because I can't go back and forth I have to be satisfied at being a man who once in awhile gets to look and act like a woman.

Julogden
05-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Georgina,

I think that by definition, crossdressers dress up because the act of dressing is pleasurable in and of itself, and is not done out of a need to actually become female. If gender identity issues are involved, then it's probably not entirely accurate to call the involved person a crossdresser, as you're getting into transexual territory. In theory anyway.

Of course in real life, most of us don't fit neatly into clearly defined boxes, so it's very hard, if not impossible to get a simple answer to your question.:2c:

Carol

Debutante
05-29-2009, 08:38 PM
I feel I have a deep part of me that wishes to be female... I identify with women a lot... feel a connection, and wish I could connect more: but would they trust a male?
I think I was female in a past life... maybe a Priestess... I have felt deep in that...

sometimes_miss
05-30-2009, 03:06 AM
The desire to be female comes and goes. It's related more to the wish to have my body be congruent to my behavior and desire to wear feminine clothes all the time. While it would make life easier in some ways, it of course would make it more difficult in others. Besides, I wouldn't be able to be the type of woman I'd want to be, so what would be the point. I can be a semi happy guy or a semi happy girl. Doesn't really matter now, does it?

Jenniferpl
05-30-2009, 04:45 AM
It would be interesting to experience what it is like to be a woman. To experience everything they do. As a woman, I wonder if I would be attracted to men at all. I find hanging around and talking with woman more enjoyable than men. To be pursued by men would be interesting and not to think about sex all the time would be different. Not really certain I would dress all the differently.

Someone in an early post stated that younger woman have more power and I believe that to be the case. Being closer to fifty than forty, as a woman, it would be difficult to find a man who would be interested in me as a woman. Both sexes do seem to be attracted to the younger crowd. Overall life seems to favor men over women and life as a man seems to be easier than being a woman. Health wise I think it is better to be male and that is what I plan to stay.

It is fun pretending to be female. To buy and wear their clothing is the best. To be able to wear bright colored lipstick without hesitation or have real breast. I prefer to live in both worlds. The journey has been amazing and opened my eyes and my mind. I would not change anything.

Melissa Anne
05-30-2009, 01:33 PM
I have no desire to become female 100% (If that's even possible). I like being a man and doing "guy" things. I also have a very feminine side that is also present along with my masculine side and sometimes I have to suppress it if I'm in certain situations or around certain people. My occassional crossdressing allows me to totally express my feminine side and when I dress I try to look and be as feminine as I can.

Joanne f
05-30-2009, 02:05 PM
I would say that most cross dressers do not want to be female permanently,
some will not even think about this option whereas some will go through stages when they will desire it to different degrees but then it will fade for a while when they have had their fix so to speech .
The desire to wear female clothes is a lot different than wanting to be one but when wearing the clothes it can make you feel like one which can be the confusing issue.

Traci_Ann CD
05-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Yes. I would love to be a woman as I LOVE to feel and be femme/womanly. I've thought long and hard about transitioning somewhere down the road. Altho not attracted to men in the slightest......I am however, very attracted to fellow sexy CD'ers, Tg/Ts's, and TV's as their oh so sexy.

Things that might stop me from transitioning are work, my family (altho not married) and the fact that I live in a little farming community that would be in complete shock to know that a Tg/Ts-type person was living in their little town.

That right there might just get me kicked out of town...sorta-speak. I don't know if I could handle that.

Patricia1
05-30-2009, 03:52 PM
I guess I've been a woman inside for my whole life. I've always lacked the strength and courage to let her speak for me. Still, my life has been worth living and who knows what's around the bend?

kateyliz
05-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Depends on when you ask me. Most of the time , Yes, definately. Most of the rst of the time, I don't care. And a small minority of the time, No. Hugs, Kathy

nik12345
05-30-2009, 05:17 PM
"From a DNA aspect, we are all 70% the same as a banana!"

this is the coolest thing i've ever heard.

msginaadoll
05-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Its a question that Ive been struggling with most of my life. Yes I do wish I was genetically female. I have always felt the feminine side was stronger than my masculine side. Ive generaly coped well, but at times still go through periods of depression. Im not interested in hormones, SRS, etc due to my life situation, family, etc. Now maybe if was 20 yrs younger and single would be thinking differently. Sometimes you just have to deal with the cards you were dealt.

gennee
05-30-2009, 07:10 PM
I have asked myself this question numerous times. I have no desire to transition. I have struck a balance between the masculine and feminine. If I had my druthers, I would dress 24/7. I prefer women's clothing over mens anyday.

Gennee

charlie
05-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Hello Georgina!
I would not want to be a female. I enjoy the gender bending, but I do like being a man. If I did I would be signing up for SRS. I'm not.

Nessa88
05-31-2009, 12:18 AM
Half of me thinks it would be great if I were female but a good portion of me thinks I'm better off being male as I find vaginas disgusting

josephine69
05-31-2009, 02:31 AM
While I enjoy being a man most of the time i love the feeling of being a woman too, I suppose if there was a gender change machine it would be perfect for me.

Jenny Wilson
05-31-2009, 02:59 AM
Well, I've been male for 57 years now, but I'd have no trouble with having been born female. Yes, in many ways it's a man's world, but a woman who knows how to navigate her way through it has very little in the way of disadvantatages, at least from my viewpoint.

What I mean by that is that there are some professions, such as teaching, that pay well and have very few financial disadvantages. I do agree that from a medical standpoint, males have fewer gender related medical problems such as periods or pregnancy to deal with.

I'm an engineer, though I am also an artist. I'd have no problem surviving financially as a woman in my artistic area.

When I first discovered the internet back around 1998/99, I seriously questioned whether or not I should transition. I decided that the die had already been cast. I think I am more than simply a crossdresser - but I will continue down the path determined for me at birth. I don't think on a daily basis that I should have been born a GG, but I'd be happy and satisfied to have been born a girl.

Jenny

prene
05-31-2009, 04:02 AM
When I dress I want to get completely in the feminine role.
But not with a guy.
Does this make sense?

I do love my life and don't want to loose anything or anybody.

Joanne f
05-31-2009, 04:40 AM
[QUOTE=nik12345;1739747]"From a DNA aspect, we are all 70% the same as a banana!"

And how often do you find a straight banana :eek::lol::laughing:

allisonrn06
05-31-2009, 06:36 AM
While I do wish for more time to be dressed fem, I don't want to be a female. In discussing our sex life, my wife and I occasionally say that we would like to know what sex feels like for the other, that we could switch bodies sometimes, but that's about the extent of it.

sherib
05-31-2009, 08:59 AM
It would be great if humans were like the Clown fish. This fish can switch back and forth between gender. When you wanted to be feminine just change. It would be the best of both worlds.

Georgina
05-31-2009, 10:32 AM
I thank everyone for their replies. I must say I am slightly surprised as I thought a greater percentage may have wanted to be female. I don't wish to be female as I love my work and life as a male. Wearing female clothes gives a greater variety to a male life.

Jolene
05-31-2009, 01:08 PM
I feel female everyday and my dressing is just an outward expression of my inner female feelings, so I guess that would put me in the wanting to be female side of things. :)

Glenda
05-31-2009, 01:47 PM
Part of me is female. I don't necessarily just dress for the clothes. I dress because it helps define a part of who I am. I wouldn't have any problem having been born female. I would have loved it. It's real close to who I am. There's definitely a lot of male in me too so I'm not looking for SRS but I am going to let Glenda have her days in the sun as well.

sometimes_miss
05-31-2009, 04:01 PM
It would be great if humans were like the Clown fish. This fish can switch back and forth between gender. When you wanted to be feminine just change. It would be the best of both worlds.

Great. So, now I can just tell people that I want to be a clown fish. That ought to confuse the hell out of them!

Seriously though; growing up as a girl would have 'fit' me better. I never got to grow up as a normal boy, either, so I didn't get either experience. There are advantages to being either sex, and disadvantages as well. We easily overlook the good parts, and envy the benefits of others.

Alas, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Sure, a lot of us would trade our current body for that of, say, whoever the latest hot young thing is in the media; oh, say, Megan Fox

. But does anyone really crave to be an unattractive old woman? Probably not, and that's the only other option for most of us, which is why you don't see more people transitioning.

Jennifer Marie P.
06-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Yes I want to be a woman thats why I started my transition and began living as a woman 24/7 and love every minute of it.

April Simmons
06-01-2009, 08:51 AM
When I first came out to my wife I remeber telling her no I do not want to be a woman, I am not a transexual. Something in the back of my mind said I was not telling the whole truth.

Six months later WE both know where this is heading, I am pretty sure I am transsexual and want to transition. I have seen my doctor and have sent all the paperwork to a gender identity clinic and am awaiting my appointment date for diagnosis.

My SO has been supportive and will help me transition but we may not be able to continue as a couple.Naturally she would rather me stay male but has come to see me as basically female. Nothing is written in stone and financial and family concerns might be insurmountable roadblocks.

No moral or message here, but it should be an interesting future whatever happens.

April

Charla McBee
06-01-2009, 08:54 AM
I really wanted to answer this before I joined officially. If I could switch for a few days and get a feel for the other side, I'd probably seize the oppurtunity and I think I'd enjoy most of it and if so, I'd want to switch at least one day a week. (probably what did me in on that little test)

However, I'm quite fond of the person I present to the world as well. Besides, I made a much better football player than I would have a cheerleader in a town where the football teams were crap and the cheerleaders won championships. I actually won the argument at age 7 on the grounds that my sisters were more likely to be seriously injured, at least I had pads.

In short, I'm definitely a guy, I just really enjoy pretending otherwise when I can. :battingeyelashes:

Razilee
06-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Georgina,

I think that by definition, crossdressers dress up because the act of dressing is pleasurable in and of itself, and is not done out of a need to actually become female. If gender identity issues are involved, then it's probably not entirely accurate to call the involved person a crossdresser, as you're getting into transexual territory. In theory anyway.

Of course in real life, most of us don't fit neatly into clearly defined boxes, so it's very hard, if not impossible to get a simple answer to your question.:2c:

Carol

Georgia,
You're quite right it is I am definitely a crossdresser, since I've had the urge to crossdress nearly all my life. Some of the time it was obvious that gender identity issues were involve as well. Right now after surviving some self-mutilation I am thinking that I couldn't go all the way in either direction. I would be quite happy be able to "just" switching back and forth, expressing both sides of me.

Dressing Jill
06-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Sometimes I wonder how it would be. The differences in acceptance in activities etc.... I love who I am. Both male and female in one body.

kelliboots
06-02-2009, 10:18 AM
I am definitely a CD.

nikki47
06-03-2009, 09:16 AM
No i'm happy as a man,but :love:dressing up in all those wonderful clothes,makeup,wig and shoes.

Nikki

StacyCD
06-03-2009, 09:34 AM
I have no desire to become a woman except temporarily. I am a heterosexual CD.

Jaclyn NM
06-03-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm sure that some do, but not me. I'm a male and am glad I am, and I definitely want to stay one. However, I love wearing femine attire, especially stockings and heels, and I would love to be able to go out fully made up and dressed as a woman with no repercussions, but society won't let us. There is a double standard, since women wear male attire all the time, and it's totally acceptable, but not the other way around. It totally pisses me off!

Dorisnycd
06-03-2009, 04:46 PM
love being both...completly!

Marie-Claire
06-03-2009, 04:47 PM
The thought of being female never even crosses my mind except when I see questions like this.
Women smell good and feel good. And it's fun to rub my hands over lace. I guess I like the lace on me or them.
I am eminently unqualified to discuss psychological aspects. But I fit a particular stereotype that one author wrote about. (I don't know if her work is scientifically valid.) She said a common thread among straight guys who enjoyed dressing was that their fathers were violent, tempermental, and demanding. CDing has provided relief of tension for me separate and apart from any considerations that might be relevant to s*x.
Being en femme and reading Vogue is like entering another world. If I were female, dressing would just be an everyday occurrence, sometimes special, but often just a chore. For me as CD, it's a big thrill.
;)
Marie-Claire

Marie

susan fuller
06-03-2009, 04:55 PM
If things were as they are today when I was much younger I would have gone through the transistion. But beiing my age today I am happy with just crossdressing. I would love being a girl at a younger age.

Mr.Snuggles
06-03-2009, 04:55 PM
I still have to find myself, before I can truly answer this question. There are so many girly things I like to do, but at the same time there are so many manly things I like to do. I guess the straight answer would be no right now though, simply because I don't think I'd make a very good female in the real world, lol.

Mirani
06-03-2009, 05:14 PM
I live 24/7 as a "woman" - BUT have no desire for SRS.

I was not unhappy in guy mode - just happier as I am. But that has so much to do with my SO.

I am as much of a woman as I want to be (except breasts lol).

mattie75
06-03-2009, 06:47 PM
At this point in my life I'm happy just dressing up. For me dressing isn't always a sexual thing. So maybe down the road i might take it a step further. It really depends where I'm at in my life in 5-10 years.

JaytoJillian
06-03-2009, 06:55 PM
I also wear "women's" clothes, but there's no way I want to be female. It's a man's world, and I enjoy that way too much. I also enjoy being a husband/father/grandfather!

Tony

Pretty much ditto. The husband thing can be tough sometimes and I'm not thinking about being a grandfather, but being a dad is Awesome 24/7

NathalieX66
06-03-2009, 09:39 PM
No, l like being male who happens to have an additional side. I am the garden variety CD and that, I am satisfied with.
About 10 years ago, I pondered going all the way, but inevitably felt I would be giving up too much what I already have. My parents never raised me in any particular gender, and I went my own way by just being me. The sad thing is my parents have always dissaproved of me wearing a dress...but they have voiced several times that they would warmly accept me if I was gay. ...which I'm not. Get it?

I have come to the conclusion that wherever one falls in the spectrum of transgender, whether it be the reacreational CD at one end of that spectrum to being completely transsexual (complete with physical modifications, including major financial sacrifices) at the opposite end, and everything in-between is nothing but compromise of some kind.
I just assume have best of both worlds...actually I have the best of one, but just some of the other. I have a childhood friend who did go all the way, and one particular aspect of the "compromise" was isolation & lonliness. Feel free to disagree with me, because I do not have all the answers.

Sophie_C
06-03-2009, 11:15 PM
I have not visited here for a long time and I apologize if this question has already been asked. The question abviously is directed at crossdressers who wear female clothes. I ask because I wear skirts and dresses but do not want to be female. I consider that guys should have the option to wear the same clothes as girls without any stigma attached.

I don't want. It's more 'am.' When it comes to the gender spectrum, where my mind was born into is very much toward the female side of things. I have consciously, as long as I have remembered, made a point to force my appearance match my body, but it still doesn't change what's underneath it all.

Gennifer
06-03-2009, 11:28 PM
This is an interesting question and one that I have thought about quite a bit. I guess I would have to say that while I am pretty happy being who I am, I would also love to be female. I feel more comfortable with women, like being around them more, and wish, on one level, I could just be one of them. I took an online quiz once that asked the question, "if you could live your life over again as a female, would you do it?" My answer: Yes!

DinaMature
06-04-2009, 07:23 AM

My agreement doesn't mean you are right or wrong, but I share your experience... I'm happy being a man, but wish I had more cultural freedom to dress as I would choose.

Having said that, there are brief periods that I wish I could transform, "flip a switch" and become truly female for brief periods.

mklinden2010
06-04-2009, 10:35 AM
France is a nice place to visit...

iwearstockings
06-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Like you, I am happy beinga man but I wish we could just dress in whatever we like, as women can!

Sarah Renee
07-02-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi Georgina,
I don't think most CD's want to be female. I am TG and I feel I would be happy living full-time as Sarah but I know I would not go as far as SRS.

cdbethany
07-02-2009, 05:55 PM
i have no want to be a gg,im happy dressing up and playing the part.
love and kisses
bethany xxxxxxx

cd_jamie
07-02-2009, 09:58 PM
I am quite content being male. I do have a son who is not comfortable as a male.....

claire_hollinger
07-02-2009, 11:00 PM
I guess im a traitor to both sexes....id love to be female when i dress, but really only so it wasnt so difficult to make the illusion......at the end of the day, id still want to remove the breasts and make love to my wife

RachelZ
07-02-2009, 11:47 PM
I do wish I had been born a GG, but my view on it is "These are the cards I've been delt and I'm going to play them and make the best of it." I have thought about making changes, but that's just not who I am. Maybe some years down the road I will be that person, but for now I'm happy to live in both worlds. I was at Wal-mart toady I bought Nair, Lavender body wash, and moisturizer for Rachel and a pair of baggy camo shorts for my drab self. (But my girly side did help me pick them out because they go great with my lights and my darks:D) To get to the point... I feel like I don't need to take any steps to become more female, because in my mind I already am. My routine before bed involves doing some push-ups and hugging my teddy bear. I love being on both sides of the fence. I'm a guy to the world around me, but it feels empowering to me that I can choose who I want to be in my private life.:2c:

Aubrey Green
07-03-2009, 12:07 AM
I missed my calling at conception. I have always felt I should have been born female. To look at me you would not guess, but yes, I would prefer to be female. :daydreaming:

Pamela Julie
07-03-2009, 12:57 AM
I feel that I am a female, but somehow my physical body was assembled with the wrong parts. I very much would like that corrected. At 60 years old and with what has happened with my retirement investments, it is unlikely I will ever go through srs. I have to be content with using clothes, padding, breast forms, wigs, and makeup, to look like I feel.

Pamela :)

Mya Summers
07-03-2009, 01:24 AM
There is a part of me that wishes I would have been born a woman, but I do not desire to become one for a number of reasons. I give GG's alot of credit with alot of the things they go through though. I am happy with putting on my girly clothes and trying to look like a woman.

PaulaJaneThomas
07-03-2009, 01:51 AM
I have not visited here for a long time and I apologize if this question has already been asked. The question abviously is directed at crossdressers who wear female clothes. I ask because I wear skirts and dresses but do not want to be female.

By "want to be female" I assume you mean live full-time as a woman with or without GRS. People at that end of the transgender spectrum make up only a few percent of the overall trans population.

I consider that guys should have the option to wear the same clothes as girls without any stigma attached.

Absolutely. And hopefully the work that I and others are doing on the Equality Bill will bring legal protection to those who wish to do so.

gwen cd
07-03-2009, 02:08 AM
No, I enjoy being a man too much. I just have an unusual hobby.....

Ah yea this about does it.

Marisa_M
07-03-2009, 03:18 AM
I can't say I want to be female because since I don't want to transition that would be impossible.

But if you ask me if I would like to be female my answer is YES!

That was my dream and my wish since I can remember and as I posted in other thread I'm anxiously waiting for my next life. My wish to be a woman is so strong that I'm sure I will be a beautiful, lovely, attractive and ultra feminine woman! :brolleyes:

noname
07-03-2009, 04:19 AM
I ask because I wear skirts and dresses but do not want to be female. I consider that guys should have the option to wear the same clothes as girls without any stigma attached.

It's called equal rights. Guys do have the right, but I don't think the stigma is going away anytime soon.

tinaashley
07-03-2009, 05:39 AM
I would love to be a woman. I have previously posted a thread on the matter. When I was younger we didn't have sites like this or the network of support groups, openness, acceptance, etc., and so it was all done much more in secret. The thought of crossdressing clubs, trannie nights and then of having a "sex change" was very remote and taboo. Only really "strange people" did that. If todays openness and relative acceptance (although we know it is nowhere complete) were in evidence in my early 20s I would have jumped at the chance to become a woman. Instead I went down the traditional path of girlfriends (though not many), marrying my darling wife who I love totally and having kids. We all know however, that the feelings don't go away. My would be very happy if I were to become a woman but alas I thnk the time has passed. However, circumstances have changed and I dress more frequently, for longer and more completely than ever before. I have come out to my sister who is very supportive - I haven't told my other sister or mother but maybe one day!

jckie
07-03-2009, 06:41 AM
When I was young, before I knew anything at all about sex, I wanted to be a girl, and started dressing then. As time went on and after getting caught wearing my mom's clothes I learned to hide and be a male on the outside. I'm still hiding but the desire to be a girl is still as strong as ever.

DinaMature
07-03-2009, 08:06 AM
For myself, I'm a guy that wears women's clothes. If I could flip a switch and be wholly female for a short time then revert, I would.

But I'm a male, my life has featured some very positive experiences that arose from being male, and I acknowledge being full time female is a lot of work and has many drawbacks.

I'll wear perfume and color my toenails almost daily... but I'm a man and am happy to be. I like a nice bra, the swirl of a skirt and the stride in heels but I'd never give up my masculine strengths and advantages.

il.dso
07-03-2009, 08:16 AM
For me, I'm a male, heterosexual transvestite (crossdresser).
At least that's what the textbook says!
I have no interest in transitioning to living 24/7 as a woman.
I accept that I am a man who LOVES crossdressing.
In fact, part of the thrill of crossdressing, for me, is getting dressed up
in women's clothes but knowing that my male anatomy still exists.
I hope this makes sense!
What a great discussion.

Kristen Kelly
07-03-2009, 08:44 AM
Yes and if I was younger knowing what I know now I'd be much quicker to transition, but I have made a life of who I am and don't have a problem with that. The final page has not been written yet and it still might happen, had it happened a birth would have been happy being a girl.

tabby1975
07-03-2009, 11:19 AM
This is a great thread a lot of different answers for me I enjoy being a man cause I got a great wife and 4 wonderful kids but I do like my feminine side as well but as I am right now I am a male who loves to dress

Rita D
07-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Nope-
Being Rita is best of both worlds- I can be whoever I want to be whenever I want!

BabyPink
07-03-2009, 01:44 PM
I would love to have been born a girl. In fact, I have to be careful because I can really torture myself mentally thinking about it. The fact is, I consider I've been an utter failure as a man on all fronts, probably because I'm too sensitive and thoughtful. My mind is far more feminine than masculine.

Chrissie P
07-03-2009, 04:11 PM
I am a Gemini (twins) and my brain is both male and female. Luckily I can separate the two and lead a successful life... and dress as a woman. When I do dress as a woman for a few days I do become female in my mind and actions and I like it.

So, to answer the question, If I had a choice at conception I would want to be female.

tricia_uktv
07-03-2009, 04:29 PM
No, crossdressers wish to be themselves and nothing more. If that means they need to change sex then so be it. But very few (ouch, possibly me) are in that category

TaylorAB
07-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Well I think that cross dressers are made up of many different types of people. There are those who just like to fully dress (more of an expression of femininity rather than a desire to be female). There are those who are excited sexually by just having a few items of clothing on. There are those who live as women 24/7 but don't have a desire to get an operation. There are those who will in fact get the operation one day and of course many others that time won't permit me to mention.

So what I took a long way of getting around to saying is "no" "most" cross dressers don't want to become women. Cross dressing is done for wide and varied reasons. These reasons are as diverse as the individuals who cross dress and therefore no one desire or reason can be attributed to all cross dressers.

Patty-Fay
07-03-2009, 05:35 PM
I definitely wouldn't want to be a female. To be honest, when I dress I am striving to become an idealized version of a woman; the mythical white goddess of fluff and prettiness based on our culturally defined version of "femininity." I would want none of the less attractive features, like PMS and periods.

Kendra (Tx)
07-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Hmmm..I suppose there is always going to be a part of me who would love to be female...But unfortunately due to "real life" considerations ( finances, family, and relationships ) that's not about to happen anytime soon...( Although I can't rule out the possibility completely..) Perhaps if I won the Lottery..Well..One thing would be taken care of ...the "financial" part of the equation...But I suppose in a "perfect world" I'd have been born female...( or at least transitioned during my teens with the blessing and help of my parents ):daydreaming:
For now...I'll have to settle for being a "guy in a dress"

http://kendra954.com

Shianna
07-05-2009, 05:42 PM
For me it's about a number of reasons.

- The feel of clothes that normally one does not wear,
- The brief moment when you can imagine what it is like to be femme,
- Stress relief and escapism (not sexual..!!!)

I find that in times when I am under more stress than usual, I tend to want to CD. Only simple things for now, night gowns, underwear etc.

Staceygurl
07-05-2009, 06:01 PM
I can't speak for everyone or anyone for that matter. I can give you my 2 cents worth. For me, as a part time crossdresser do I want to be female. The short answer is No. I dress in women's attire for several reasons: It makes me feel good, makes me feel attractive, brings out my feminine side. When I'm Stacey everything else is in my life is put on hold. It allows me a certain release that I'm not getting in boy mode. Yes, it also is outlet for sexual release but not all the time. This past weekend I stayed in and was enfemme most of the time. Just wanted to be a girl this weekend. Layout in a bikini and work on my tan. However, there are times when I want to be a girl. I want to be treated like a lady including attracting the opposite sex. I know I'm not passable but it is a thrill when a guy is hitting on me. Do I try to imagine what it would be like to have a more curvy figure, my own natural breasts (implants of course)? Yes. Do I have any intention of getting them or SRS? No, not really. I hope this helps.

shayleetv
07-05-2009, 07:18 PM
I have two hobbies. One is calligraphy, something that started when I was nine years old. I wouldn't like to do it for a living nor would I like to be dressed as a woman all the time either, my other hobby. Hobbies are for fun and cease to be a hobby when you apply them to every day life. My answer is no, I wouldn't like to be a woman. Besides it would not be that pleasant a surprise when I see Shaylee appear in the mirror every time I see her reflection if I saw it all the time.

Sylvermane
07-06-2009, 12:26 AM
personally id have to say im not sure. im sure anyone would love the opportunity to be the other sex for a day or two just to feel the differences. as for a full switch id be open to the idea if it were possible.

brittdoll
07-06-2009, 12:30 AM
I think it would be fun to be a woman for a short periond of time - a day, week, or month. I'd like to give it at least a month but be done with it just before the cycle starts. Women can keep that.

Linda Laman
07-06-2009, 12:47 AM
I enjoy being a guy. But I also love crossdressing to the point where I can pass as a woman and go out. I agree that society should accept us as we are, but sadly society is slow to accept anyone who is "different".

Jan W
07-06-2009, 01:56 AM
Don't know about most but this one does.

Kelsy
07-06-2009, 02:25 AM
dressing for me is only a desperate attempt to relieve my gender dyisphoric anxiety! Not so much about the clothes but trying to reach a normal comfort level in relation to who I am. I am not happy as a man and was unwilling to admit that for most of my life!

Kelsy

KateSpade83
07-06-2009, 05:14 AM
Yes, I do want to be a female, but only in America and to be a hot chick! Mostly, myself if I was born a girl!

Claire Cook
07-06-2009, 05:55 AM
All I can say is that I'm me. Part of me is femme. Part of me is guy. Do I want to give up being male? No way. Do I want to wear femme clothes? You betcha! Do I want to be treated as a woman when I'm out and about? Of course and I am.

Fondew2004
07-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Well, I'm very much male...and I don't find myself attracted at all to the "muscly" type guys. Not at all.

But a tender, feminine guy dressed as he should be (silks, satins, swirly, girly things)...that I can go for.

And of course, GGs!

But I'll stay a male....and dress as feminine as I can whenever I can.

Kimmy55
07-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Personally I would like to be a female and have for a very long time.

Empress Lainie
07-06-2009, 07:36 AM
When I crossdress it is as a male. I only did it while at Disneyworld to keep my skin out of the sun. But I still used the ladies rooms and no one ever gave me a second look. So the answer for me is: I AM FEMALE!

leggylisa
07-06-2009, 08:58 AM
myself i dont want to be female, the entire excitement for me is that im a man dressing as a women :)

emma30
07-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi all,
I lived as a female for a whole two weeks at home while my wife was on vacation. Everything i did at home was fem, wc, nightie, shoes, legs, hair the lot and realised if i could get away with it thats what i would gladly do all the time. My body movements seemed all too easy being femenine, i loved it. However a plus is having both lives ?????:battingeyelashes:

ukxdress
07-06-2009, 11:50 AM
I wear womens clothes because I like it. It's great looking like a woman, but I'm a man and am quite happy to stay that way.

sallyjones
07-06-2009, 01:39 PM
if i were to change it would have to be for short periods of time. you know change into a girl for 2-3 days and then change back. and if i could change i would be alot smaller. but i would like to experience thing a girl can do. but i enjoy being a man most of the time!

dawnmarrie1961
07-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Do Most Crossdressers Want To Be Female? That's a very smart question.

My answer is probably not mainstream but I'll give it anyway.

For me, personally, trying to be a female is like a rock that wants to be a tree. That is never going to happen no matter how hard I try or what ever changes I make to my physical self.I will never truly be a tree.:sad:

The only thing I can be is my best interpretation of what I think a tree should be. I need to be content with that.:)

That is the reality of it. ( I know it's bummer but it's the truth.)

periwinklepixie
07-07-2009, 01:29 AM
I am ALL girl... and I am ALL guy...

I most certainly want to be a woman, but if I were, I'd most certainly want to be a man!!

So I'll be happy as I am.

DinaMature
07-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Do Most Crossdressers Want To Be Female? That's a very smart question.

My answer is probably not mainstream but I'll give it anyway.

For me, personally, trying to be a female is like a rock that wants to be a tree. That is never going to happen no matter how hard I try or what ever changes I make to my physical self.I will never truly be a tree.:sad:

The only thing I can be is my best interpretation of what I think a tree should be. I need to be content with that.:)

That is the reality of it. ( I know it's bummer but it's the truth.)

I'll second this...

BlondeAngela
07-07-2009, 09:01 PM
I transitioned from male to female 3 1/2 years ago.
I am a beautiful, fully femininized male to female pre-op transwoman, in my early 40s, who looks, dresses, and acts like a woman and who easily passes as a beautiful feminine lady. Unless they know otherwise (obviously my man, my family, and close friends know), people assume I am a genetic woman (with a sultry feminine alto voice).

It took some time and money to transition from male to female. I went on estrogen and anti-androgens which feminized my body and features. I also had facial feminization surgery, and got breast implants to enhance my estrogen grown breasts.

I am a beautiful feminine lady and I am loving it.
I have long blonde hair, am good with my makeup, wear earrings in my pierced ears, have a pierced left nostril and wear a small nosestud, and I love dressing very feminine in beautiful dresses, skirts and blouses, fashion scarves, lingerie, nylons and high heels, etc..

I am 5'11" tall, weigh 130 lbs. with a 36-24-34 figure, have a beautiful woman's face, and live essentially as the wife, of a wonderful handsome masculine man (who adores beautiful transwomen), and am also the stepmom of his young son that he had with a genetic woman (and no, the young boy does not know I am a transwoman, he assumes I am a genetic woman. We will tell him when he gets older).

I get along great with my ex-wife, my daughters that I fathered, and other family members, and good friends. I am fortunate that the people I know have accepted my transition from male to female.

Ms Mira
07-08-2009, 01:25 AM
I don't want to be female... I just want to enjoy all the fun aspects while reaping the benefits of being a male. :D

I have never really wanted to be born a girl, nor would I say I've ever felt totally like a girl. Of course dressing is part of my identity, but I am a male who enjoys dressing up for a million different reasons.

KateConnors
07-08-2009, 02:21 AM
Given the opportunity to be either male or female, I would choose to be female 24/7. Alas, life's not so simple, and I cannot go down that road without vastly complicating my life....

jessica27
07-08-2009, 03:43 AM
sometimes I wish i was a girl and other times I don't I guess it depends

reneecroix
07-08-2009, 11:21 AM
I know it won't happen during this trip, but if my soul, energy, being, spirit, essence, whatever, renews or comes back again, I only hope that the next ride is as a female, woman, hopefully intelligent, and at least moderately attractive.

Leslie Langford
07-08-2009, 12:05 PM
I don't want to be female... I just want to enjoy all the fun aspects while reaping the benefits of being a male. :D

I have never really wanted to be born a girl, nor would I say I've ever felt totally like a girl. Of course dressing is part of my identity, but I am a male who enjoys dressing up for a million different reasons.

Couldn't agree more, Mira!

There's still a lot to be said for the ability to pee standing up. Mind you, I could stand doing without the shaving part, though :D:doh:.

Laciegurl
07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
I think seriously that I would like to be a woman. One of my biggest fantisies is having sex as a woman. I don't consider myself gay but to experience that part of life as a woman is definately on my mind.

Empress Lainie
07-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Reason being I was never a CD. But much of what BlondeAngela says also applies to me. One difference, I had no surgery of any kind, and haven't had HRT, I am just lucky to have this body as feminine as it already is.

I am 30 years older than she is and a 36-24-36 figure is not possible for me, without total surgery reshaping ha ha, but I can always wish!:D

DanaLynn57
07-09-2009, 10:02 PM
I think I would really enjoy being a female...I pretty sure I would enjoy living as one on a full time basis...Even though its a Man's world, women have the power to control and rule if they desire to do so...But Im not the dominating type but just the opposite...Being a man is so boring...

Dana Lynn

Marcy_in_hose
07-09-2009, 11:12 PM
I know for me, I love to be a woman at certain times. I would love to be cute and sexy a lot of the time. But I also love and appreciate the masculinity of myself. I like being able to thrust myself into whichever persona I feel like, without constraints.

I would have not complained if I was born a female. Women are so beautiful and are revered as so. A beautiful woman can stop ANYONE in their tracks, that is amazing! But I like being a sensitive man who can relate and have deep thought and conversation with females. Lucky for me I have a girlfriend who understands and is supportive. I also have a good friend who is a girl that loves the fact she can dress me up and can take me shopping!

jeanine38
07-10-2009, 07:23 PM
I'd have to say that I don't want to be female. In fact, I'm not trying to pass. I simply enjoy women's clothes, so I try to find things I can wear that are more neutral.

~Jeanine

Ralph
07-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Hey mods... this question comes up so often, why not turn it into a poll? I'm really curious about the demographics on cd.com. You could have choices like...
- don't even try to pass, don't want to
- would like to pass for looks, but I'm still all man
- I'm the best part of both all the time
- I want to completely be a woman, just for a little while
- Would like / currently in a relationship with a man
- I think of myself as fully female but not planning SRS
- Pre-op TS
- Post-op TS

Did I cover all the popular choices?

franny
07-10-2009, 11:36 PM
But a desire to be feminine--pretty, girly, however you want to put it. I think the effort in being feminine despite your gender is what makes a cd interesting to begin with.

i could not have put in better words..karen u nice.

franny
07-11-2009, 12:11 AM
Wow how do I say this correctly. I am both female an male just in one body with the male parts. I enjoy being both. I can use the female or male sides when I need to. But mostly it is blended together as one person. Of course I don't go out in feminine. I live in east Texas and they are about 30 years behind. I do wear mascara everyday and have acrylic nails that are 1/4" past the ends of my fingers. No one has ever said anything to me about either. So I am female and Yes I am male. I am that that I am
Where are you? just wana hug you and how long my feelings are out there

Wendi0012
07-11-2009, 01:10 AM
I have always wondered if I was born a Woman would I want to be a man!!! This is truly a question we all ponder about. The answer to the question is Defiantly YES I have dated girls, guys, TS;s and I have lived as a man and to the best of my ability a woman. I would not have surgury to change now but if I was to be reborn and I was a girl I would be Happy. Just my confussion!!

Love Always!
Wendi

frenchie
07-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Oh yeh it would be great to go out wearing skirt and heels and blouse etc while as a man but i can imagine the looks I'd get, and prefer to dress completely as a woman to blend in.Oh well perhaps one day society will change, dont know if I will though Frenchie Gina

iwearstockings
07-11-2009, 03:01 PM
i love being male and all that goes with it. I do however have a weakness for lingerie, pvc and BDSM and although I am a rampant heterosexual, I love dressing as a woman.

Joanie_Shakti
07-11-2009, 11:13 PM
I think I would have prefered to be born a girl. But ever since I first got interested in female clothing around 12 years old, I fantasized about being a shape shifter. That way, I could be many attractive women of my choosing instead of being stuck in one form. I still carry this fantasy to today.

I like being both a guy and a girl, I can have the best of both worlds and don't have to put up with the things I think I would find unappealing as a woman, mainly mensturation and pregnancy. I like my private body parts too much and would never consider surgery to change genders as I know that I would still technically be a man and wouldn't experience the feelings a woman does as I would still have a male part, it would just be turned outside in.

Samantha Girl
07-12-2009, 01:29 AM
I agree with most of what Joanie said ;) I wouldn't have minded being born a girl, but it seems like a lot to deal with all the time. Would've been a very girly bi/lesbian girl though :D

But yeah, I actually enjoy being both and having the ability to change from one to the other when i choose to :) I do like being a guy though. Although I wish I had more time to dress as Samantha... we are complex people aren't we?! :p

Brooke Ashley
07-13-2009, 07:56 PM
the thought has definitely crossed my mind. but I'm happy to be a girl only some of the time. mainly because I'm interested in women and I'd like to have kids one day.

totally agree with your statement April, I feel the same exact way.....It's definitely crossed my mind but I don't think I could ever become a female

Melissa Rose
07-13-2009, 11:07 PM
I would love to wake up tomorrow morning and be a woman. I'm content with being male and it is not torturing me since I have a good life surrounded by good people.

Jo Jones
07-14-2009, 09:23 AM
I've no interest in being a woman.

JJ xx

Ronda43
07-16-2009, 11:58 AM
I would love to transition but I do not want to give up my family. I think there are many of us in this situation.
Ronda

Jessica_M
07-16-2009, 01:53 PM
I think back to growing up male. I don't look back at the high school years with any fond remembrances. For me High School was really hell... and I was a guy! I seem to think that High School can be that much worse for gg's. "Working on the mysterys without any clues" (Bob Seger)

I think the point is we look back on our lives with today's eyes..and knowledge. If there was a magic wand and I could go back and start with being a high school girl and then move forward... but still know what I know now..... I'd do it in a heartbeat.... It's funny... but I would have no interest going back and being a guy again... even knowing what I know now...

Sorry for how long this is..... I really appreciate the forum for giving me the opportunity to think about these things and verbalize them.... although I tend to the Verbose!!
Thanks,
Jessica_M

Sarah09
07-16-2009, 01:53 PM
I enjoy being a male to much to live as a female full time, but l would like to spend more time in girl mode then I currently do.
-Sarah

rebecca_morris_75
07-16-2009, 02:38 PM
It definitely crossed my mind a lot when I was in my early-mid 20's, but now I'm 100% happy with being a man, and dressing as a woman every now and then.

But having boobs might be cool though :battingeyelashes:

Roxi Loh
07-16-2009, 03:33 PM
Its a great question and as you see the answers are all over the place. I love the duality of personna that I have now. I am afraid that if I were to go 24/7 or flip a switch and become a woman that I would lose the excitement that I enjoy now. I still have guilt associated with dressing so I have a ways to go to become comfortable with who I am. Just my two cents.

cassandra2601
07-16-2009, 03:40 PM
I think the difference is in the definitions - perhaps US definitions - I am not a woman trapped in a male body - I would love to be as feminine as possible when en femme but I do not want to do it 24/7 - I do wonder what it would be like to be born a woman but I do not think it would be as much fun. The only bit I am jealous of is the ability to go out and wear anything. I prefer very sexy looks and ultra feminine any way

cdterri
07-16-2009, 04:59 PM
I love wearing dresses and skirts do not want to be a woman just want to dress like one