PDA

View Full Version : Those Moves

Persephone
05-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Last night my spouse and I were out to dinner. There were two women at another table who looked like college girls from the nearby college. One was a tall, slender, statuesque, blonde-haired, blue-eyed woman who was the perfect stereotype of a sorority sister.

I noticed her when she went to the salad bar a couple of times. There wasn't anything on that woman that didn't move, swing, or jiggle. It was poetry in motion! That girl looked like a sack of bobcats! Downright stupifying!

It didn't look contrived. She was just moving as she apparently always does.

If you've seen the movie "Some Like It Hot," there is an early scene where they are rushing through the station to the train. Lemon and Curtis are hobbling along, twisting their ankles in pitifully low heels, and Marilyn Monroe jiggles past with everything in motion. Lemon's jaw drops, he turns to Curtis and says, "How do they do that???"

Which is my question. Can we ever learn to move like that? Can we ever learn to make it perfectly natural?

ReineD
05-28-2009, 11:56 PM
Persephone, I'm a GG and I would like to move like that too! But, I just don't have that type of body. Very few of us do. Even this young woman will lose it in a few years, sadly.

sissystephanie
05-29-2009, 12:02 AM
At age 77, I don't think I have enough time to practice! IMHO GG's are born with rhythm, but some have a lot more of it then others! And their bodies have more "jiggle" material then we males! So we would need to do a lot of practising! See my opening sentence!

Sandra Dunn
05-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Yes we can.

Start with bellydancing lessons, this will teach you about your body. You will find new ways to move. The figure "8" move is used a lot while walking, learning to move your hands helps when you go to pick up things. I've been dancing for 5 years and the dance has help me more then anything else. I now dance as ME and attend classes as ME. Since I am taller then the average woman I do stand out in a crowd and most folks really have to look and still ask if a I am a man, woman or used to be a man. I recieve a lot of comments about how well I move and walk in heels.

Keep on shaken it, HUGS Sandra

trannie T
05-29-2009, 12:35 AM
I don't have that many moving parts.

DanaR
05-29-2009, 12:42 AM
Yes we can.

Start with bellydancing lessons, this will teach you about your body. You will find new ways to move. The figure "8" move is used a lot while walking, learning to move your hands helps when you go to pick up things. I've been dancing for 5 years and the dance has help me more then anything else. I now dance as ME and attend classes as ME. Since I am taller then the average woman I do stand out in a crowd and most folks really have to look and still ask if a I am a man, woman or used to be a man. I recieve a lot of comments about how well I move and walk in heels.

Keep on shaken it, HUGS Sandra

I have to agree with you completely. If you want to learn feminine movement, take bellydance lessons. I have been taking bellydance lessons off and on for over seven years and it is fun; and probably one of the hardest things I've ever tried to do in my life. When I have trouble doing a particular routine, it is a nice feeling when a GG is having the same problem; then I feel it isn't just me.

Super Amanda
05-29-2009, 12:43 AM
I think we can all develop an acceptable gait, with practice. Put a full length mirror at the end of your hallway, or across the room and watch how you move.

There are most certainly many threads here on the subject that you could check out, and learn from.

But when I want to learn how a woman does anything, I go to the source. Go into public and watch women walking and moving, not all of them are gazelle like, and some downright lumber around!

Gabrielle Hermosa
05-29-2009, 04:07 AM
Which is my question. Can we ever learn to move like that? Can we ever learn to make it perfectly natural?

I wish I knew. My "moves" are one of my weak points right now, only overshadowed by my very unconvincing femme-voice.

I've taken several videos of myself walking. From the waist down - I'm good. Got the hip-wiggle, the leg-movements, etc. From the waist up... I'm an obvious dude walking in heels. One of many "moves" I need to work on and feminize.

I try to study how women move, but recreating it is very difficult for me. I've worked so hard all my life to get my "manly moves" down (yes, I had to practice at it because I was never very manly naturally) but I had plenty of opportunity to practice that in daily life. Practicing my feminine moves is something I can really only do in private, and something that only feels right when I'm dressed up, which is only about once a week or so for me. :(

Phyliss
05-29-2009, 06:22 AM
How well I understand the hypnotic effect of "the moves". I usually take the rear most treadmill at the gym and rather than watch the television I enjoy the scenery. Two advantages of taking those machines: first the obvious, I can watch others, and second I can practice my walking without being watched myself.
I know it doesn't compare to walking in heels, but being able to get that "wiggle" just right is kinda important to me.

shesadvl
05-29-2009, 06:29 AM
is this a bit like the wiggle when she walks...laffing...:devil:

shes got personality when she walks, she's got personality when she talks,smile laugh... as it goes....:battingeyelashes:

depends on what you are wearing as well.... I used to wear a pleated skirt that used to swish sideways when i walked or even in a straight skirt...

but can be seen even in my long trousers I wear...laffing... get asked how do you do that.... "do what I ask" then I laugh n say ...oh that..... its all in the way I walk...its just the walk...laffing... :battingeyelashes::devil::tongueout

Patricia1
05-29-2009, 06:36 AM
It's a package deal. You either have the package or you don't. Anything else is an attempt at flattery.

Sarasometimes
05-29-2009, 07:37 AM
Funny you bring this up because when I was getting my MAC makeover the other day, my image consultant, (she studies people to learn things) pointed out an obvious GG who had more manly movements. She was just on the other end of that spectrum. She didn't look manly she just didn't move in such a feminine way as some GG's do. I think we each need to find a happy medium based on how we are built. I know I have 50 plus years of masculine habits to reel in. If we are transitioning we can commit moreto this then if we need to maintain an ability to do both. Another thing to remember, I aim to blend/pass, if I moved like her I would have so many eyes on me surely someone would figure me out. Personally, I am shooting for middle of the road feminine. My current goal is a blendable voice. I have a shot at blending in appearance but my voice is a no go. Any hints?

Hope
05-30-2009, 04:12 AM
Yes we can.

Start with bellydancing lessons, this will teach you about your body.

I have to agree with this completely. I'm not certain that belly dancing lessons are required - but SOME dance lessons are required. LEARN to dance. As guys we learn to not use our bodies - not to move - which is why so many of us look absurd when we dance... we still don't move. Learn to dance, learn to move.

But when I want to learn how a woman does anything, I go to the source. Go into public and watch women walking and moving, not all of them are gazelle like, and some downright lumber around!

Absolutely - everyone moves in a different fashion - just don't try to emulate the lumber-jacks and all should be well!

I wish I knew. My "moves" are one of my weak points right now, only overshadowed by my very unconvincing femme-voice.

I've taken several videos of myself walking. From the waist down - I'm good. Got the hip-wiggle, the leg-movements, etc. From the waist up... I'm an obvious dude walking in heels. One of many "moves" I need to work on and feminize.

I think there are about 4 things to keep in mind, of course none of them are hard and fast rules:

1) Keep your knees together! It's not just for sitting.

2) walk with one foot in front of the other, and keep your steps shorter than your long manly strides. Try to walk on the outsides of your feet.

(1+2 together will provide an appropriate hip swish without going over the top.)

3) Stand up strait! Boobs out, head up. Good posture is important for guys too. Keep the shoulders steady - the primary motion should come from the hip. Don't swing the arms TOO much, and what you do should be initiated from the elbow.

4) Keep your elbows in. Guys walk around with their elbows sticking out, girls keep them tucked in. There is also a manner of turning the arm out, so the inside of the arm faces almost forward. I'm still figuring that one out. Watch women carrying a hand-bag at the elbow, the inside of the wrist faces up and the elbow is tucked into the ribs, the arm juts out. It is almost the opposite of the stereotypical gay "limp wristed" position.

You of course don't need to be reminded to smile?

A tilt of the head is not inappropriate but don't go over the top.

Of course the key is to MOVE (which is the difficult part for guys) but to not over do it. I would guess that most of us are so stiff that we need to be encouraged to MOVE until we over do it, and then bring it back just a notch. I would bet that initially the bigger sin is to move to little - but over all the sin is to over do it.

I think like most things about being a girl, one of the things to sort of ingrain in your being is to attempt to take up as little space as humanly possible. Walk in a single line, tuck in your elbows, stand up strait (if for no other reason it makes you look thinner) Difficult for guys to remember - we spend all day trying to make ourselves bigger and more threatening.

Karren H
05-30-2009, 06:31 AM
Most women don't mosve like that so the way I figure it if I don't walk like a gorilla when out enfemme then I'm fitting in with a majority of the female poplualtion!! :)

Kate Simmons
05-30-2009, 06:55 AM
I never really think about it. Seems to be part of the package when I'm "in character". Of course getting out on the dance floor and learning to move the "booty" didn't hurt things either.:)