PDA

View Full Version : A name for me?? Help!

mortiis32
05-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Hey everyone. Okay everyone who read my
first post knows enough about me and my
situation now to get a pretty good picture
of where I'm coming from.

I am starting at the beginning of this whole
transition thing - I need a name... I don't
know where to start - is there a female version
of my male name? If so, do I use that? Are
there any 'rules' I should abide by?

Please help, anyone - suggestions please!
X

TSchapes
05-29-2009, 10:07 PM
If you look at the sticky up above, "Your Female Name" (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85623) there are all different kinds of ways of going about it. From thinking from a technical point of view, to liking the sound of a name, to remembering a girl in your past that you really liked. Since this is the one time you can name yourself, you've got a whole lot of choices. So sit back and dream, and maybe have a pint! :drink:

-Tracy

sterling12
05-30-2009, 01:08 AM
A lot of us use the female equivalent of our male names. I.E. John/Joan(ie). Yes, I know not imaginative, but it makes things a little easier as your going through a very real mental transition, and you probably have more than enough on your plate without trying to remember to answer to some strange name.

Or you can go with something very "full blown," and some might think a little over the top. I had a former GF who really wanted me to call her "Eugenie." By the way, as she informed me...it's pronounced (Oje-a-nay,) and not (Ewe-jenny,) like a lot of people believe. {That's what SHE claimed!}

Ah-Hmmm, she's not around anymore! I reckon I'm not a big fan of pretension. But, you do whatever you like Hon. Your the one who has to live with it.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Shari
05-30-2009, 06:44 AM
Mortiis
Is that for real? Never knew or heard of anybody by that name. Maybe a takeoff on Morris?
If it is, seems like Maureen could fit.
"Mo" can be a nickname for either.

DianneRoberts
05-30-2009, 07:39 AM
Maybe a complete new START.

A name that will let you leave the painful past far far behind.

Maybe Eve

TSchapes
05-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Mortiis
Is that for real? Never knew or heard of anybody by that name. Maybe a takeoff on Morris?

It's a name of a band...

Just a guess.

-Tracy :hugs:

dilane
05-30-2009, 09:23 AM
I had given myself another name, but early on my wife said, "No, you're definitely a Diane."

And the rest is history :)

Nicki B
05-30-2009, 12:23 PM
..is there a female version
of my male name?

Difficult to answer, without knowing your male name????

Are there any 'rules' I should abide by?

The only rule is - there are no rules.... :)

Annamarie B
05-30-2009, 12:24 PM
You could always go the anagram route and switch to "Iris Tom!"

Ralph
05-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Are there any 'rules' I should abide by?
The only rule is, there are no rules. You are not at all obligated to use a pseudonym if you don't want to; you don't have to follow the herd and separate yourself into two personalities. If you're comfortable with who you are, just be you.

I'd say if you don't have any ideas of your own what name you would like to use, you don't need a new name.

ralph

celeste26
05-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Oh and you can change it anytime too btw

BLUE ORCHID
05-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Where I came up with my femme name was
MY Favorite color is BLUE
MY Favorite flower is ORCHIDS
And thats how BLUE ORCHID was born.
.................................................. ...thanks.............ORCHID

Carly D.
05-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Ideas for me, when I came up with the Carly name I was lying in bed and thinking about that one night.. I had a name from earlier which was a name I needed to get an e-mail account set up for my perversions (for a lack of better description) and just came up with three names that was just quite off the top of my head, very little thought.. then a year or two later rethought the process and delivered the name I now go by.. I however never thought of myself as anything other than the male name that I was given at birth prior to getting on the internet.. and really don't think of myself as Carly when I'm off the internet.. strangely enough I never thought I should have a female name before getting on the internet.. my reason is simple, I'm a guy who likes to wear womens clothes, but doesn't see himself as passing in the least..

Back to the name yourself topic.. truth is you could or might have asked your mother what she would have named you if you were a girl.. my mom wanted a girl so bad when I was born (surprise I'm not a girl but I'll try) and would have named me Maria, so naturally I didn't take that name.. actually I took my current name as the first letter to my real name, same with the middle name and last name.. simple.. nothing overly fantastically mind blowing... I just thought for a few hours and actually looked on the internet at a baby naming site.. then went with my original idea..