PDA

View Full Version : Major Yikes!

ronna
07-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Oh, boy, this is the kind of story none of you want to hear.
I've been waiting for a chance to dress up for weeks and weeks and weeks, and today I got the chance. I put on my makeup and clothes, even did my nails (press-on, but they are nice), went "out" (out into my backyard is as close as I have gotten to out) to take a few pictures of myself (this helps me to improve my image).

The phone rings! I answer in my best girly voice, and it's the neighbor. She says the moving van next door hit my car and I'd better go look right away.

Egad! :eek:
Now what am I going to do? I decided to take a few more pics since I was all set up to do that and I know I won't get another chance again for a long while. This explains why I do not look happy. Now I start to sweat. I lock myself in the garage and start wondering how I am going to get back in the house like this. Part of me wanted to waltz out to those movers and yell, "Watch it, boys!" but seeing how nobody has ever seen Ronna before, I had to come up with another plan.

I managed to get everything off except my eye makeup and put my shorts and tee-shirt back on and went out to the street. The movers weren't even going to tell me about my car, but my neighbor already did.

Oops gotta go real quick right now I'll continue this shortly...

Maddie Knight
07-06-2005, 03:18 PM
You should have just walked right out to them dressed fem, how can they argue with a lady.
And if they didn't show you respect you can always hit them with your handbag.

Priscilla1018
07-06-2005, 03:18 PM
:kewlpics: Ronna,I hope your car was'nt damaged too badly.

ronna
07-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Yeah, Maddie, I forgot I was still wearing perfume!
And thanks Priscilla, I told him I've been fixing it up to sell, working on it every weekend and had it almost done. Actually, it's not in very good shape and it only had some scuff marks on the bumper, so I told him to give me $100 and we'd call it even. That was good enough for me, I'll use the $100 to buy some more clothes!

P.S. I've asked this question before but do you think I'm weird for putting on my wife's dress? I would really rather wear my own but there it was...

Did you see my nail pic? I only got to wear them for about 20 minutes and it took that long to get them off!

Julie York
07-06-2005, 05:22 PM
Hmm.

I don't get it.
Why were you unable to get out of your garage when you got into the back yard in the first place?
Why did you answer the phone in your best girly voice? It's a phone! YOUR phone.
You were informed your car had been hit but you took photos of yourself all dressed up anyway? Very cool reaction.
You managed to get everything off but the make-up and went out to the street? So how did you get out of the garage? What were you wearing?

I don't get it.
Maybe I missed something.

ronna
07-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Julie, since this is non-fiction, I didn't have time to fill in the details.
But, for you, I will:
I got dressed in the garage and wore a pair of shorts and a tee-shirt out there.
I have been taking tips from the girls here on girlie voices and it was sort of a practice run since I was wearing a dress anyway.
I have been planning to take pictures of myself in this dress since I first found it, and nothing was going to stop me!
I put my shorts and tee back on, but it was about an hour later by the time I went out.
I knew that the van wasn't going anywhere soon, since it hadn't been loaded and the next-door neighbor was moving out.
All I had left on my face was the eyeliner that didn't wipe off.

In case you missed anything else, just ask!
Okay, so you think the whole thing is made up!?
No way! There are probably some other neighbors who would attest! :o

Julie York
07-06-2005, 06:15 PM
I didn't think it was made up. I thought it didn't add up.

Thanks for putting me straight. And I admire your coolness, being able to take photos of yourself fully made up and dressed in such circumstances.