PDA

View Full Version : I've never been to the Beach in a swimsuit!

KateSpade83
05-30-2009, 09:52 PM
I've never been to the Beach in a woman's swimsuit! One thing left I haven't conquered! Let's see,... I went to Church, shopping malls, a Job Fair, restaurants, washrooms, and fitting rooms all in drag! Passing rate is 98%

But never the Beach! Would hit it in a Miraclesuit size 8 one piece swimsuit I got, but why when I won't even go in the water! Don't want my wig to wash off or get wet, and I've never seen it wet! What happens when a wig gets soaked?

Can anyone here tell us about their drag experiences at the Beach and how people laughed or accepted you?

Alice Torn
05-30-2009, 11:08 PM
No way will I try that. Nope notta, zilch. Going out fully dressed as a lady, is scary enough!

Persephone
05-31-2009, 01:43 AM
But never the Beach! Would hit it in a Miraclesuit size 8 one piece swimsuit I got, but why when I won't even go in the water! Don't want my wig to wash off or get wet, and I've never seen it wet! What happens when a wig gets soaked?

I have no idea what happens when a wig gets soaked, but a great many women go to the beach without ever getting near or in the water. You bring your blanket, suntan lotion, pillow and a girly novel and enjoy the sunshine! Water? What water?

MissConstrued
05-31-2009, 04:17 AM
Passing rate is 98%

But I thought you said in another thread that you got read 3% of the time...? I may not be a wizard with calculus, but... which is it?

TGMarla
05-31-2009, 07:58 AM
You don't know what happens when a wig gets soaked? What, you've never washed yours? For a time, most get matted and rather stiff until they dry out. They don't act much like real human hair when wet.

And I'm guessing you probably get read lots more than you think, Kate. Again, just a guess.

celeste26
05-31-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm with Persephone, the beach is far more than the water. It seems many of the best looking girls don't go near the water they have other agendas. (catching the guys eyes mostly) Just be sure to put on your sunscreen we don't want skin cancer.

SweetCaroline
05-31-2009, 09:22 AM
I haven't done it yet, but I'm hoping to do it this summer. I have a couple T-girl friends who have been to public pools dressed, usually in a one piece suit with a skirt around the waist, and as far as I know have been given no problem.

Miranda-E
05-31-2009, 12:14 PM
Never the beach, but complex I live in has a public pool.

With long hair (no wig) and a fairly well covering one piece, esspessially the kind of suit with a short attached skirt its not that bad really. It's scary at first but everything is at first.

joann07
05-31-2009, 12:38 PM
I've been to a public beach with some of my gay friends while wearing a two piece.
I never went in the water because I didn't want to damage my wig so I sat on the beach towel and soaked up some sun while some of the guys swam.
I had a great time watching people go by and nobody bothered me.

These were pictures from last April at St. Pete Beach.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3246/2411892947_003b26923f.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3262/2412695020_8ea83b7df8.jpg

The weather was been rather stormy that past few weeks here in Fla, but now the weather has improved so I may make another trip to beach sometime this summer.

Hugs!

Kim_Bitzflick
05-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Never the beach, but complex I live in has a public pool.

With long hair (no wig) and a fairly well covering one piece, esspessially the kind of suit with a short attached skirt its not that bad really. It's scary at first but everything is at first.

Like Miranda, I have been to the apartment complex pool. It was scary at first, but no one really paid me much attention. I had my wig on, so I just didn't get it wet. I just sat by the pool & read my book.

It was very enjoyable. You really need to try it.

JenniferR771
05-31-2009, 03:00 PM
A wet wig looks about like wet hair. I would not dare go to the beach. It was rather fun last week to wash my hair (wigs) in the shower. Instructions with my wig actually suggest something like: wash in cold water and a mild shampoo. Swish it gently without scrubbing or wringing, rinse in cold water--hang and let air dry. However, I finished up by rinsing my three wigs in cold rain water. It is free of the chlorine, and chemicals. Very soft water. Came out very manageable. Amy of this site loves it too. Google Floridarainwater .

Teresa Macaw
05-31-2009, 07:09 PM
Can you tell what kind of 2 piece, as I've been wanting to do that for a while & am having trouble finding the right suit.:daydreaming:

I've been to a public beach with some of my gay friends while wearing a two piece.
I never went in the water because I didn't want to damage my wig so I sat on the beach towel and soaked up some sun while some of the guys swam.
I had a great time watching people go by and nobody bothered me.

These were pictures from last April at St. Pete Beach.

Hugs!

Dr.Susan
05-31-2009, 07:13 PM
But I thought you said in another thread that you got read 3% of the time...? I may not be a wizard with calculus, but... which is it?

Also
How do yo know what your passing rate is?
Do people come up to you and say "You pass."

joann07
06-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Can you tell what kind of 2 piece, as I've been wanting to do that for a while & am having trouble finding the right suit.:daydreaming:

Hi Teresa,

The white two piece I'm wearing is one I bought from my favorite place, Victoria's Secret. :love:
It's an adjustable triangle top with a double string bottom.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodpri2/V269826_092.jpg

I also got a cover up skirt to with it, but I didn't wear it that day.

Hugs!

Sonia_cd
06-02-2009, 01:13 AM
If you do gather up the courage Kate, all the best and stay safe.

María José
06-02-2009, 04:09 AM
I have been at the beach wearing a woman swimsuit and a bikini. It´s a great experience, but very unconfortable!

I have gone to beaches with few people and, apart of tuckin, I wear a pareo around my hips. I have walked along the seaside but never went into the water. A very important thing to pass is to be careful with tan in your body. You must avoid the marks of sleves in your arms or of shots in your legs. Get a tan similar to girls.

It´s very unconfortable because I need a lot of make up and a wig to pass, and it is very hot! I prefer to wear a bikini in my garden.

countrygirl
06-02-2009, 07:27 AM
I have never gone to the beach in a womens swim suit, I would love to try some day to maybe when I get a wig and can pass until then, I will have to settle for the backyard pool.

gender_blender
06-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Well, I don't consider it Drag, but I do it whenever I go to the beach since I have 34B breasts. It's no big deal. I like the little tan lines I get from my bikini top, and I don't wear a wig. I reccommend working out everyday for a couple weeks before attempting it.