PDA

View Full Version : CD Experiment: Trying Hormones for Fun

Nyx
07-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Allright, I know many of you are going to call me irresponsible and all. I just couldn't resist the need to try it. I wanted to know if it would make me feel different. I decided I would try hormones for a month. I knew I wouldn't get any noticeable breast growth or anything like that in such a short time, but it felt like a safe bet: I knew hormones wouldn't kill me or render me sterile in a month's time either.

I decided to order some estrogen cream online. Its not prescription medication, and so its not illegal. I also knew that I could make it pass for regular skin cream, which would be less alarming for my mom than if she found blue pills under my pillow. A friend of mine said it actually worked, that it was possible to make hormones fat soluble, and therefore absorbed by the skin. I didn't want to spend $160 for a tiny amount, however, so I went for an estriol-progesterone cream that was conceived mainly for women with a hormonal deficiency, thinking that if it works for them, it could work for me as well.

I started applying the cream over a week ago. So far, I believe I have encountered some effects. My skin is definitely softer, and feels very nice to the touch. My nipples are very "tender", almost like liquid. I also seem to have a broader emotion range. Today I felt at some moments like I was extremely happy, like I haven't been in a long time. I also felt very angry and sad for a minor dispute with someone over the net a little bit earlier. I also seem to have some waves of intense sexual excitation at some points. It seems to have taken my libido up by a factor of 2 or 3.

As for applying the cream itself. The cream has no fragrance, which I am happy about (I wouldn't want it to smell like cheap perfume). It is a good skin cream overall. It comes in 3 oz bottles that cost $18 each. When I apply it, however, for some reason, I get an intense-sweating reaction. I start to sweat intensely for 30 minutes, for no other reason than the cream itself, it seems, but that makes it easier to apply the cream.

In other news, I have now bought about $1400 in crossdressing material of all sorts. I have everything. Tons of clothes, some makeup, padded panties, shoes, breast forms... My kit is complete :)

Go ahead, you may now call me an irresponsible individual :P
Oh, I forgot: kids, don't try this at home ;)

Ashley in Virginia
07-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Whats your goal? Why only do it for a month? What do you think you will get out of it?

Nyx
07-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Why only for a month? Because I don't want to become sterile.

What will I get out of it? A better experience of what women *feel*, how they are different from men emotionally. Its simply an additional life experience.

Sharon
07-06-2005, 07:02 PM
o-o-o-o-o-kay... steps away quietly

Julie
07-06-2005, 07:25 PM

What will I get out of it? A better experience of what women *feel*, how they are different from men emotionally. Its simply an additional life experience.

I'd suggest you do your homework. If you think an OTC estrogen type cream is going to make you sterile you obviously haven't done much research on the effects of various HRT related substances.

Go to the Transsexual Discussion forum and start reading the threads there. Also check out the various links that you'll find there. I think you'll find out you have a lot to learn.

Nyx
07-06-2005, 07:31 PM
I know what there is to know about hormones and their various side-effects. I also know that in the long term, estrogen can make you sterile. The reason I chose this source of estrogen is because of the low cost and low risk.

Julie
07-06-2005, 07:42 PM
I know what there is to know about hormones and their various side-effects. I also know that in the long term, estrogen can make you sterile. The reason I chose this source of estrogen is because of the low cost and low risk.

Quiz Time!

If you go on prescription grade estrogen, how long will it take before you are permanantly sterile?
How long can you remain on HRT before risking permenent impotency?
How long can you remain on HRT before risking temporary sterility?
How long can you remain on HRT before risking temporary impotency?
What doseage range is standard for oral estrogen in MTF transsexuals?
What other medications are taken to enhance feminization?
What eventual breast size can you expect if you remain on HRT relative to your family members?
What are the other methods of HRT introduction into the bady?
Which is most effective?
What medication do you stop taking once you've been castrated?
Not hard questions, if you really know all there is to know about the subject.

Nyx
07-06-2005, 09:22 PM
1. If you go on prescription grade estrogen, how long will it take before you are permanantly sterile?

One year, approximately.

2. How long can you remain on HRT before risking permenent impotency?

18 months, approximately.

3. How long can you remain on HRT before risking temporary sterility?

3 months.

4. How long can you remain on HRT before risking temporary impotency?

6 months.

5. What doseage range is standard for oral estrogen in MTF transsexuals?

A standard *dosage* can be anywhere from 0.5mg to 4mg per day.

6. What other medications are taken to enhance feminization?

Anti-androgens.

7. What eventual breast size can you expect if you remain on HRT relative to your family members?

Generally an A cup, sometimes a B cup, if you are lucky.

8. What are the other methods of HRT introduction into the bady?

Estrogen cream, herbal hormones, hormone patches, hormone injections, hormone predecessors.

9. Which is most effective?

Hormone injections.

10. What medication do you stop taking once you've been castrated?

Anti-androgens.

I don't know the exact times for the "risks", since they vary from person to person.

Ashley in Virginia
07-06-2005, 10:57 PM

I am all for reckless abandon when there is an attainable goal in the end. However what you are doing is throwing away money and wasting your time. Quit kidding yourself. A month isn't liong enough to get anything real and substantial from this. Why not go to a doctor and get evaluated, and make a mature decision about where to go from there?

Ibuki_Warpetal
07-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Honestly I don't see what the big deal is.

If you wanna try it for a month try it. You're either going to decide to keep doing or to stop. It's not a big deal.

gender_blender
07-07-2005, 01:04 AM
You probably won't get much change in only a month of use, especially from topical cream, but it's obviously your body, so do with it whatever you wish to satisfy your curiosity, just be very careful and do so with thorough research is all. You may want to check some of your answers to questions above, though.

Take it from someone who did the same thing...

Charlie