PDA

View Full Version : You can tell you aren't a real woman . . .

Mirani
06-01-2009, 03:26 PM
At the weekend I bought a new outfit for summer work (any excuse eh :battingeyelashes:?)
Shoes from M&S, dress from Wallis.
I suppose one day it was bound to happen - one of my staff turned up at work in exactly the same outfit!

I was chuffed to bits - and she said "Sometimes Mira, you give yourself away and you can tell you aren't a real woman. I am gutted that we are wearing the same outfit and you can't wipe the smile off your face ... and .. you rotten cow, you are a size smaller than me!"

(this is all said with a smile and in fun - no malice or spite.

Apparently a real woman would be really put out to turn up somewhere in the same outfit as another woman!

I prefer it my way . . . it confirms I have good taste! :heehee:

susandrea
06-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Reminds me of a story I heard last year from a friend of mine.

My friend went to an out of town wedding for a relative. She has two female cousins that had a HUGE falling out several years before, and everyone was gossiping on the 'fireworks' that may happen when these two showed up.

You guessed it -- the two warring cousins came to the church wearing the exact same dress, seeing each other right out in the yard in front of many other guests.

After a long, tense moment as they stared at each other, they both busted out laughing and gave each other a big hug, accompanied by a huge cheer from the crowd.

:hugs:

Anna the Dub
06-01-2009, 04:23 PM
That's kind of sweet. I would've been chuffed too (except the not a real woman crack), and she did call you a cow too, a backhanded compliment that I have received a few times myself (and have been secretly pleased).

Carole Cross
06-01-2009, 04:29 PM
I had a sinilar compliment from my sister yesterday when she called me a bitch after finding out that I am a smaller size than her. :heehee:

Persephone
06-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Reminds me of a story I heard last year from a friend of mine.

My friend went to an out of town wedding for a relative. She has two female cousins that had a HUGE falling out several years before, and everyone was gossiping on the 'fireworks' that may happen when these two showed up.

You guessed it -- the two warring cousins came to the church wearing the exact same dress, seeing each other right out in the yard in front of many other guests.

After a long, tense moment as they stared at each other, they both busted out laughing and gave each other a big hug, accompanied by a huge cheer from the crowd.

:hugs:

A couple was getting married, and it was only
three days before the wedding. The bride calls her mother with some bad news. "Mom," she says, "I just found out that my fiance's mother has bought the exact same dress as you to wear to the wedding."

The bride's mother thinks for a minute. "Don't worry," she tells her daughter. "I'll just go and buy another dress to wear to the ceremony."

"But mother," says the bride, "that dress cost a fortune. What will you do with it? It's such a waste not to use it."

"Who said I won't use it?" her mother asked.
"I'll just wear it to the rehearsal dinner."

Rachel Morley
06-01-2009, 10:20 PM
That's a cute story. It made me smile. If it was me I know I'd be chuffed too. I'd probably say something about great minds being alike or something or other, I just know I wouldn't be gutted either. :)

linnea
06-01-2009, 11:59 PM
I haven't had it happen, and I'm sure that I'd be chuffed (wonderful word, that) but I'd rationalize it as a confirmation of my terrific taste in clothes.

Dressing Jill
06-02-2009, 08:10 AM
That must have made you feel really good about yourself. Enjoy the ride.

Jilmac
06-02-2009, 10:25 AM
I would be perfectly flattered to see a woman wearing the identical outfit to mine :) unless of course it was jeans and a sweatshirt :doh: For me it would mean that I have the same eye for fashion as a woman would.:battingeyelashes:

Jennifer in CO
06-02-2009, 10:28 PM
At the weekend I bought a new outfit for summer work (any excuse eh :battingeyelashes:?)
Shoes from M&S, dress from Wallis.
I suppose one day it was bound to happen - one of my staff turned up at work in exactly the same outfit!

I was chuffed to bits - and she said "Sometimes Mira, you give yourself away and you can tell you aren't a real woman. I am gutted that we are wearing the same outfit and you can't wipe the smile off your face ... and .. you rotten cow, you are a size smaller than me!"

(this is all said with a smile and in fun - no malice or spite.

Apparently a real woman would be really put out to turn up somewhere in the same outfit as another woman!

I prefer it my way . . . it confirms I have good taste! :heehee:

I am in the real estate profession...I was at a home several months ago to do an inspection and the lady of the house answered the door...wearing the exact same outfit I had on (black longsleeved blouse, black slacks and similar black loafers). The slacks may or may not have been the same, but there was no mistaking the blouse...for the same blouse. She was a very cool customer tho...if she noticed (and I sure she did - be like looking in a mirror!) she never said a thing. I remained professional as did she. Just a very strange moment...

Jenn

Katheryn
06-03-2009, 10:52 AM
I had a sinilar compliment from my sister yesterday when she called me a bitch after finding out that I am a smaller size than her. :heehee:

I've said this before, but the first time my sister saw me in hose and heels, her remark was "Nice legs..... bitch....."

And Memorial Day weekend went to her house for a cookout, went swimming in her pool and my nephew's girlfriend said "you look better in a one piece than I do....."

I think the smile from that remark is finally fading.....

Kate

JulieC
06-03-2009, 12:26 PM
I've said this before, but the first time my sister saw me in hose and heels, her remark was "Nice legs..... bitch....."

:rofl: :rofl:

Crysten
06-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Gawd I miss the UK. You're all so.....polite. When you aren't beating the snot out of each other at football matches, that is.

I would be so thrilled if I could go to work in a nice professional skirtsuit. I own several. They look great too. If another woman were to show up with the exact same outfit, I'd be thrilled. LOL. I fail.

Crysten

Anna the Dub
06-04-2009, 03:11 AM
Gawd I miss the UK. You're all so.....polite. When you aren't beating the snot out of each other at football matches, that is.

Wrong decade, you are talking about the 80's there.

Sally2005
06-04-2009, 09:21 AM
I got a good chuckle out of the joke. Thanks!
-
A couple was getting married, and it was only
three days before the wedding. The bride calls her mother with some bad news. "Mom," she says, "I just found out that my fiance's mother has bought the exact same dress as you to wear to the wedding."

The bride's mother thinks for a minute. "Don't worry," she tells her daughter. "I'll just go and buy another dress to wear to the ceremony."

"But mother," says the bride, "that dress cost a fortune. What will you do with it? It's such a waste not to use it."

"Who said I won't use it?" her mother asked.
"I'll just wear it to the rehearsal dinner."

Susan Watersfield
06-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Mirani,

That's a very interesting observation about tgirls and I think there's a lot of truth in it.

Although I have yet to venture out, from time to time I see another woman wearing an outfit that I own myself. My reaction is usually to feel pleased as it perhaps indicates that I might be doing something right in my choice of clothes.

However, there are limits. One night I caught a quick glimpse of Eastenders on the telly and saw Pat Butcher wearing a dressing gown exactly like one I bought from M&S (long pink satin number). Since then I haven't worn it much - I can't get the image out of my mind :eek::eek::eek:

Luv

Susan