PDA

View Full Version : My wig died ...

María José
06-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Last friday my best wig "died". I washed it, as I had done before, but this time I used a diferent shampoo, a treatment shampoo, absolutely indecuate for it. There was no solution and now I have to buy a new wig.

I liked very much that wig. It was a present of a crossdresser friend. I met her some time ago in internet, and she lived in a nearby town. In that time, she had not a wig and had never gone out en femme. This was her first wig and she bought it in a shop I told her, a TG friendly place. The first time she went out en femme she wore this wig and one of my skirts and tops. Some time later, when she moved to another town, she gave me the wig and some clothes she had bought.

That is the reason I loved this wig so much!

KateSpade83
06-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Is this the wig in your pic? Yeah, a great wig is important!

My best $32 wig - I got 2 of the same! A spare is needed!

kobe
06-02-2009, 11:54 AM
I have gone through two already. The hair gets in the way some time and i put it in a pony tail. I guess tight ponytails kill.

Joni Marie Cruz
06-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Kind of like losing a pet, isn't it? Don't worry, girl, just go through the stages.

1. Denial-"This wig is just fine. Maybe if I comb it a little different or wear a flower in it."

2. Anger-"This is so unfair! What a crappy wig. How can they sell such cheap merchandise!"

3. Bargaining-"If I can just wear it a few more times, then I'll be able to deal with all this. Just a few more times, really, that's all I need."

4. Depression-"Oh what's the use? Why bother even getting another wig? Where's that pint of chocolate chip cookie dough icecream I had stashed. I'm spending the weekend in bed."

5. Acceptance-"Yay! I get to buy a new wig!"

Go buy a cool new wig, hon. Let us know how you like it. Post some pix, girl.

Hugs...Joni Mari

* And, please, before I get flamed for my callousness in comparing the loss of a wig to the Five Stages of Grief over the loss of a loved one...I am just kidding. Really.

5150 Girl
06-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Hmmm,,, I knda wanna see pics, then again, I kinda don't... Ya know kinda like driving by an auto accident.
I have a phobia about trashing my wigs.

CLARRISA
06-04-2009, 09:53 AM
My wigs are always dying, got a whole cemetry in one of my drawers. Fortunatley i can get them very cheap on Ebay, ok they're probably not the best quality but they do the job..I keep killing my wigs because i like to put it in a pony tail, and it so easily gets tangled up around the band if not careful taking it off....

Sally2005
06-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Check this out! My wig lost all the hairs off the back from combing too much! Maybe you can wash your wig again with the correct shampoo to remove the conditioner.

Nicki B
06-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Kind of like losing a pet, isn't it?

You mean - it's a dead cat? :idontknow:

Laura Evans
06-04-2009, 11:10 AM
So sorry to hear about your lost, Tania. I think Kate may be correct "buy two" so you have a spare, hey you can always wear the other when you wash one. Good lesson learned, however.

Joni Marie Cruz
06-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Well...not exactly but the first couple of wigs I ordered sight unseen kind of looked like roadkill. My wife asked me if a badger had crawled up on my head and died.

Hugs...Joni Mari

You mean - it's a dead cat? :idontknow: